UT recruits - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-12-2005, 12:35 AM
190hp4banger

UT recruits

So I wonder if some of those guys that shunned UT, especially the last-minute decision guys, are kicking themselves in the butt right now? Even if UT doesn't win a Nat'l Championship this year, we've got a great team and a great core to build around with a lot of young talent still.

The first name that crossed my mind was Ryan Perriloux. Didn't he ditch UT last minute for LSU ? Wonder how that'll work out for him? Post up other guys that decided to go elsewhere and may be regretting it (OU, A&M, etc).
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-12-2005, 06:38 AM
M0DERAT0R

Martellus Bennett - TE choose A&M over UT and LSU because they gave his brother a ride. Thanks Bro!
=

'08 Pontiac G8 GT
Bone Stock
13.7 @ 102 mph
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-12-2005, 08:38 AM
Never settle always excel

Quote:
Originally Posted by 190hp4banger
So I wonder if some of those guys that shunned UT, especially the last-minute decision guys, are kicking themselves in the butt right now? Even if UT doesn't win a Nat'l Championship this year, we've got a great team and a great core to build around with a lot of young talent still.

The first name that crossed my mind was Ryan Perriloux. Didn't he ditch UT last minute for LSU ? Wonder how that'll work out for him? Post up other guys that decided to go elsewhere and may be regretting it (OU, A&M, etc).
When you start talking about top recruits they don't need to be on the number 1 or 2 team in the nation just a top 25 program that has plenty of prime time attention. Randy Moss came out of Marshall as did Chad P. from the Jets, Carr went to Fresno State, Farve S. Miss, Dexter Coakley Appalachian St., hell Texas has 20 NFL players that are alumni currently on the players roster versus Texas A&M having 27 current active NFL players on the pro roster. So you see it doesn't matter if you attend Podunk University or Texas the main goal of top tier players is playing time and NFL draft for big dollars. I personally give a dam about a National Championship ring versus a 5 million dollar contract at age 20.

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-12-2005, 02:13 PM
190hp4banger

you're dead on with some of that. I'm not trying to say big starpower can't come from smaller schools, because that just isn't true. Often smaller schools help you out with all the playing time you can get, and it's pretty much like every day is just practice for you if you're that good. What I AM saying is just look at the state of those two programs I mentioned in parenthesis, or LSU. I don't think their ballclubs are up to par this year (yes, LSU is overrated), or will be in the next few years. I'm just saying that they might have made bad decisions when deciding where to go.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement