View Poll Results: Who Will Win
Texas -14 28 63.64%
OU +14 16 36.36%
Voters: 44. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 61 (permalink) Old 10-06-2005, 06:14 PM Thread Starter
No Cerveza... No Trabajo

Ok.... OU ... Texas

Just got a cool little thing in the mail... seems a sports book wants me to try them out and has given me a whole TEN dollars (woo hoo!) free to try them out.

So... which one... currently Texas -14. I will make this DFWStangs bet. If we win, we'll double up and bet it again with a game of the week next week.

Whatever money we have at the end of the CFB season I'll use to fund a party. We will double up every time. Given we probably have 8 or so bets until the BCS final (one game, double up every time), we could have a hella party if we pick all correct all the way through.

I will post the bet at 5pm tomorrow with whatever the poll says to do. Don't pick "your team" if you don't think Texas can win by 14, pick OU.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 61 (permalink) Old 10-06-2005, 06:46 PM
Along for the ride

I would take OU against the line. On paper, it shouldn't be that close but for some reason I think OU will make a game out of it.

On the other hand, I'm an Aggie so what the heck do I know.

Marcus

'92 Emerald Green Mustang LX Hatch 5.0
post #3 of 61 (permalink) Old 10-06-2005, 06:54 PM

I don't think Texas can win by 14.

I hope I'm wrong!

post #4 of 61 (permalink) Old 10-06-2005, 06:58 PM Thread Starter
No Cerveza... No Trabajo

cammer/hector I know what you mean.

I've got my ass kicked by taking Texas with seemingly easy games like Baylor last year.

But I can tell you watching OU this year and knowing a few on the team, if Texas is going to beat that OU ass its this year. OU is in trouble this year. Whether Mack and Vince have developed a killer instinct since last year has yet to be seen.

Sometimes I think Mack and Vince are taking the line against Texas.
post #5 of 61 (permalink) Old 10-06-2005, 07:14 PM
not exclude

My vote is on Texas. I really think that Texas will have it's head together and should blow them out of the water.
post #6 of 61 (permalink) Old 10-06-2005, 07:40 PM
Sports weenie @ full attn

I'm a die-hard UT fan but I might take OU plus the points if I was betting.

post #7 of 61 (permalink) Old 10-06-2005, 08:17 PM
Do Work Son!!!!!

TCU beat OU

Just another day in paradise.
post #8 of 61 (permalink) Old 10-06-2005, 08:24 PM
Recovering Lush

Quote:
Originally Posted by ls1eater
TCU beat OU
SMU beat TCU.....

color=#606060]
Quote:
"The Father-heart of God was... thrilled with me -- an immature, mess-making spiritual infant... My heavenly Father was enjoying me while I was yet in the process of maturing, not sighing in disgust and waiting impatiently until I grew up. He loved and longed for me; He felt proud and was excited over me while I was falling short."
Quote:
Mike Bickle

[

Sober By Grace Ministries: A Ministry of The James 2:26 Project
[size=1]Where New Beginnings Start
www.soberbygrace.org
post #9 of 61 (permalink) Old 10-06-2005, 08:50 PM
Lifer

None of that means shit when these two get together. Over the years, each his pissed in the others Post Toasties while chasing a national title. It's a brand new season Saturday @ noon in the Cotton Bowl. I like Texas to win, but I'd take OU and the points.

CHL holder and Conservative...AKA "Domestic Terrorist"
post #10 of 61 (permalink) Old 10-06-2005, 11:17 PM
Old School

Its a toss-up. Either the game will be close and Texas will be on top, or they beat the piss out of them with 5 years of anger getting released at once. Ill go with Texas taking care of business in the win column as well as in Vegas.

Trevor
White 93 Hatch with some stuff done to it. whistles innocently
post #11 of 61 (permalink) Old 10-06-2005, 11:51 PM
190hp4banger

ok, so how do I get into this bet too? I've had foolish hope the last 5 years that we'd get it done, but this year, I'd put money on the line. 14 pts shouldn't be that hard for UT to win by, especially with Peterson only at ~80% . The closer to the game it gets, more people are doubting Texas, which should make for a good payout. I would/will take Texas. What is the payout you're betting 10/11?
post #12 of 61 (permalink) Old 10-07-2005, 12:21 AM
Fear the Stashe

Rivalry games are always close..but im not going to pick a winner.
Im taking the Low

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badass2000gt View Post
See this is all you got. You're just a little bitch. I'll be in lewisville tonight if you want to meet up and see if you would like to talk shit to me. But I know I know your a pussy and won't show and I'm trying to e-thug but you're the one continues to try to insult me. So if you want to be a real man and back this shit up I'll be at the lewisville bowling center off of main st tonight at 6. Not far at all from highland village. Just for you I'll be wearing a Texas shirt.
post #13 of 61 (permalink) Old 10-07-2005, 08:38 AM Thread Starter
No Cerveza... No Trabajo

Quote:
Originally Posted by unkoricky
Rivalry games are always close..but im not going to pick a winner.
Im taking the Low
Interesting... I probably did jump the gun although its always more fun to pick a team instead of the o/u. O/U is probably a better bet this game.

O/U is set at 52.5.

I think VY and Texas will run over them, +30 points. The question is can OU step up and score 20+ points?
post #14 of 61 (permalink) Old 10-07-2005, 08:48 AM Thread Starter
No Cerveza... No Trabajo

Quote:
Originally Posted by 190hp4banger
ok, so how do I get into this bet too? I've had foolish hope the last 5 years that we'd get it done, but this year, I'd put money on the line. 14 pts shouldn't be that hard for UT to win by, especially with Peterson only at ~80% . The closer to the game it gets, more people are doubting Texas, which should make for a good payout. I would/will take Texas. What is the payout you're betting 10/11?
Fridays is an extra special day I believe with only a 5% vig. So its -105.
post #15 of 61 (permalink) Old 10-07-2005, 08:51 AM
Time Served

i think UT is going to put a hurting on OU. Texas is going to have a field day with Bomar... interceptions and sacks. I will take UT/Points easily.
post #16 of 61 (permalink) Old 10-07-2005, 09:43 AM
Fear the Stashe

I wonder if Mack is going to play Jamaal Charles?
That guy is going to be a special kid..

Quote:
See this is all you got. You're just a little bitch. I'll be in lewisville tonight if you want to meet up and see if you would like to talk shit to me. But I know I know your a pussy and won't show and I'm trying to e-thug but you're the one continues to try to insult me. So if you want to be a real man and back this shit up I'll be at the lewisville bowling center off of main st tonight at 6. Not far at all from highland village. Just for you I'll be wearing a Texas shirt.
post #17 of 61 (permalink) Old 10-07-2005, 10:52 AM
not exclude

Quote:
I wonder if Mack is going to play Jamaal Charles?
That guy is going to be a special kid..
There is an article today in the Daily Texan (the UT newspaper) that talks about Mack's confidence in Jamaal. I wouldn't doubt that we see a fair bit of him in tomorrow's game.
post #18 of 61 (permalink) Old 10-07-2005, 11:39 AM
Fear the Stashe

Quote:
Originally Posted by exlude
There is an article today in the Daily Texan (the UT newspaper) that talks about Mack's confidence in Jamaal. I wouldn't doubt that we see a fair bit of him in tomorrow's game.
Heh, thats funny how mack was rambling about how he doesnt trust true freshmens..oh well, Good for Jamaal.
Don really care who wins the game, as long as its not a blow out

Quote:
post #19 of 61 (permalink) Old 10-07-2005, 11:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 01WhiteCobra
Interesting... I probably did jump the gun although its always more fun to pick a team instead of the o/u. O/U is probably a better bet this game.

O/U is set at 52.5.

I think VY and Texas will run over them, +30 points. The question is can OU step up and score 20+ points?
How much are you going to bet, 10 dollars?
post #20 of 61 (permalink) Old 10-07-2005, 11:51 AM
BELIEVE, IT'S TIME!!!!

I'd bet t.u. to win, but OU with the points.

"The Pill": Helping control the Educated Population since 1960

Improve America's Education System: Have the High School Drop Outs Spayed and Neutered.

Stupid and Lazy breeds more Stupid and Lazy.

"Democracy is the worst form of government, except for all those other forms that have been tried from time to time." - Sir Winston Churchill

The DFWStangs Political Forum: Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.
post #21 of 61 (permalink) Old 10-07-2005, 12:16 PM
Genetically Blessed

i took OU on the spread, UT straight up.
post #22 of 61 (permalink) Old 10-07-2005, 12:37 PM
not exclude

Lmao, poll tied at 13-13
post #23 of 61 (permalink) Old 10-07-2005, 01:38 PM
BOOMER SOONER!

don't care how bad ass you think UT is, it's pretty tough to spot Stoops & Co. 14 points, especially in the RRS.

BOOMER SOONER!!!
post #24 of 61 (permalink) Old 10-07-2005, 02:00 PM
Fear the Stashe

I remember last year when
WR Roy Williams was asked about the Red River Shootout and he said Texas and OU have Equal talent, it just came down to Coaching.

Neutral Site
Rivalry Game
Stoops or Mack Brown?

Quote:
post #25 of 61 (permalink) Old 10-07-2005, 02:10 PM

Texas by at least 30
post #26 of 61 (permalink) Old 10-07-2005, 02:15 PM
Fear the Stashe

Quote:
Originally Posted by bpawl
Texas by at least 30
your crazy..

Quote:
post #27 of 61 (permalink) Old 10-07-2005, 02:19 PM
Dyno Racing King!!!

Quote:

O/U is set at 52.5.

LAY THE POINTS, TAKE THE OVER!!! Hello, didn't you guys watch UCLA destroy the Sooners!!!! UT is much more talented on both sides of the ball. Bank on 5 years of frustration being smeared all over the cotton bowl field. Also bet on VY still being in the game in the 4th unless UT is up by 35 or more. They remember that pasting a few years ago. This one is personal for the boys in burnt orange. Combo the bet and make some cash.

Juiceweezl
Dallas, TX
2000 Black GT
2V with a fuel pump and some other goodies
Touched by the hand of a tuning god -- Mr. Wilson
post #28 of 61 (permalink) Old 10-07-2005, 02:23 PM Thread Starter
No Cerveza... No Trabajo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juiceweezl
LAY THE POINTS, TAKE THE OVER!!! Hello, didn't you guys watch UCLA destroy the Sooners!!!! UT is much more talented on both sides of the ball. Bank on 5 years of frustration being smeared all over the cotton bowl field. Also bet on VY still being in the game in the 4th unless UT is up by 35 or more. They remember that pasting a few years ago. This one is personal for the boys in burnt orange. Combo the bet and make some cash.
In my personal account I took Texas but I didn't take the over I took the under. While I believe Texas will go +30 I'm not thinking OU will have anything to add to the over/under equation.
post #29 of 61 (permalink) Old 10-07-2005, 02:27 PM
not exclude

I think that if Texas can take a 14pt. lead, they can steamroll it from there. If they never get away and get stuck in the mental game, it could be close. We have the talent, we have the experience advantage...my vote is for Texas -14
post #30 of 61 (permalink) Old 10-07-2005, 02:37 PM
Fear the Stashe

Quote:
This one is personal for the boys in burnt orange. Combo the bet and make some cash.
So now it's personal for Texas
Do you guys forget this is a rivalry game?

You can have all the talent in the world, what the hell are you going to do with no Guidance? Texas may win, but not by 14 and this wont be a blow out or shoot out.

Quote:
post #31 of 61 (permalink) Old 10-07-2005, 03:23 PM
Dyno Racing King!!!

Quote:
So now it's personal for Texas
Do you guys forget this is a rivalry game?

You can have all the talent in the world, what the hell are you going to do with no Guidance? Texas may win, but not by 14 and this wont be a blow out or shoot out.
Man, too bad we can't wager on that one or I'd jump all over it As much as I hate to bring it up, but everyone thought that game a few years ago would be close and hard fought. What was the score?? 60-some little number??? Bank on a blowout.

Juiceweezl
Dallas, TX
2000 Black GT
post #32 of 61 (permalink) Old 10-07-2005, 04:24 PM
Fear the Stashe

Quote:
Man, too bad we can't wager on that one or I'd jump all over it As much as I hate to bring it up, but everyone thought that game a few years ago would be close and hard fought. What was the score?? 60-some little number??? Bank on a blowout.
Expect to see alot of running by Both teams.
Dont expect a TD pass by VY, hell Chriss Simms couldnt even get one.

Sad thing about OU is that AD isnt only about 65% with his ankle.

Quote:
post #33 of 61 (permalink) Old 10-07-2005, 04:27 PM
not exclude

Quote:
You can have all the talent in the world, what the hell are you going to do with no Guidance?
lmfao
post #34 of 61 (permalink) Old 10-07-2005, 05:04 PM Thread Starter
No Cerveza... No Trabajo

Bet has been made....

Texas -14
post #35 of 61 (permalink) Old 10-07-2005, 07:05 PM

I voted for Texas. I married into an OU family and became a fan myself, but I think Texas is going to lay into them to the tune of around 55-17...
post #36 of 61 (permalink) Old 10-07-2005, 09:21 PM
Time Served

texas wins 31-13
post #37 of 61 (permalink) Old 10-07-2005, 09:45 PM
Dyno Racing King!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KickerStang
I voted for Texas. I married into an OU family and became a fan myself, but I think Texas is going to lay into them to the tune of around 55-17...
See, now that's an honest fan. OU needs to bring plenty of pillows for their ASSES on the busride home!!!

Juiceweezl
Dallas, TX
2000 Black GT
post #38 of 61 (permalink) Old 10-07-2005, 11:12 PM
Raiden Wins

I hope Jamaal and Vince rip them 2 new assholes.
post #39 of 61 (permalink) Old 10-07-2005, 11:31 PM
Fear the Stashe

I take it everyone wants texas to rape OU....

BOOMER SOONER

Quote:
post #40 of 61 (permalink) Old 10-08-2005, 01:05 AM
190hp4banger

unkoricky is on crack... that is all.
post #41 of 61 (permalink) Old 10-08-2005, 01:11 AM
Time Served

what do tornado's and OU cheerleaders have in common? they both end up in trailor parks!

whats the last thing an Oklahoma stripper takes off? her bowling shoes!

how does OU count to ten? 0-1, 0-2, 0-3...

okay so a longhorn and a sooner are in the restroom, the sooner is waiting in line and notices the longhorn finish and start to walk out, the sooner says "hey, in Oklahoma we were taught to wash our hands after we use the restroom" and the longhorn replied "well in Texas we were taught not to piss on our hands"
post #42 of 61 (permalink) Old 10-08-2005, 02:07 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Bet has been made....

Texas -14
I think you won
post #43 of 61 (permalink) Old 10-08-2005, 02:15 PM
#4 Best QB Ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badass2000gt
I think you won
Don't jinx it, you bastard!
post #44 of 61 (permalink) Old 10-08-2005, 02:16 PM
not exclude

Quote:
Quote:
Dont expect a TD pass by VY, hell Chriss Simms couldnt even get one.
QFT
post #45 of 61 (permalink) Old 10-08-2005, 02:16 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by That_Is_My_El_Camino
I dont think Texas will fuck up
post #46 of 61 (permalink) Old 10-08-2005, 02:29 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by That_Is_My_El_Camino
Like I said dont think Texas will fuck it up
post #47 of 61 (permalink) Old 10-08-2005, 02:33 PM

Quote:
See, now that's an honest fan. OU needs to bring plenty of pillows for their ASSES on the busride home!!!
I am pretty close on the score right now. It is 45-12 after that hit on Bomar. I guessed 55-17. I just turned on the game to see that hit. Man, that guy looked like Brian Urlacher!
post #48 of 61 (permalink) Old 10-08-2005, 02:34 PM Thread Starter
No Cerveza... No Trabajo

Aw right... looks like we won this one. We'll have 19.95 to double up with on the college game of the week next week. 19.95 to win about 38.00.

6 or so regular seasons to go... we keep doubling up we'll have about 2.5K to throw a hella party for the DFWStangs sports crew. Throw in a bowl or two we could have 10K for a party.

Very serious here. It was free money for me. We keep doing it I'll front a whateverwehaveinthekitty party at some location in Dallas/FW.
post #49 of 61 (permalink) Old 10-08-2005, 02:47 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Aw right... looks like we won this one. We'll have 19.95 to double up with on the college game of the week next week. 19.95 to win about 38.00.

6 or so regular seasons to go... we keep doubling up we'll have about 2.5K to throw a hella party for the DFWStangs sports crew. Throw in a bowl or two we could have 10K for a party.

Very serious here. It was free money for me. We keep doing it I'll front a whateverwehaveinthekitty party at some location in Dallas/FW.
Cool I hope you keep on winning
post #50 of 61 (permalink) Old 10-08-2005, 02:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bpawl
Texas by at least 30
told ya
Sponsored Links
Advertisement