Laura Miller talking on the Ticket 1310 - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 29 (permalink) Old 09-29-2005, 09:30 AM Thread Starter
BELIEVE, IT'S TIME!!!!

Laura Miller talking on the Ticket 1310

104.1 FM north of the Bush.

She's going to be on with Norm Hitchgis(sp? Sum Such) to talk about keeping the Texas/OU Weekend at the Cotton Bowl.

I really hate this Bitch . . . she's not going to be able to keep that game in Dallas . . . She didn't even try to get the Boy's back in Dallas.

They'll be on Next

"The Pill": Helping control the Educated Population since 1960

Improve America's Education System: Have the High School Drop Outs Spayed and Neutered.

Stupid and Lazy breeds more Stupid and Lazy.

"Democracy is the worst form of government, except for all those other forms that have been tried from time to time." - Sir Winston Churchill

The DFWStangs Political Forum: Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 29 (permalink) Old 09-29-2005, 09:35 AM
Recovering Lush

she's such a runt with a c........

so far, she tried to lose the Mavs

lost untold millions due to her smoking ban

blew getting the Cowboys

and is now trying to lose TX/OU

color=#606060]
Quote:
"The Father-heart of God was... thrilled with me -- an immature, mess-making spiritual infant... My heavenly Father was enjoying me while I was yet in the process of maturing, not sighing in disgust and waiting impatiently until I grew up. He loved and longed for me; He felt proud and was excited over me while I was falling short."
Quote:
Mike Bickle

[

Sober By Grace Ministries: A Ministry of The James 2:26 Project
[size=1]Where New Beginnings Start
www.soberbygrace.org
post #3 of 29 (permalink) Old 09-29-2005, 09:40 AM
Full tilt boogie !!

FUCK Laura Miller.....Bitch!!!!!!!

**SKAGG NASTY** Just another 9 second street car.

post #4 of 29 (permalink) Old 09-29-2005, 09:44 AM
Worship me

You can't blame her for letting the Cowboys go. Did you see what kind of shit they got out of the city of Arlington? If that is the deal they got, I can't imagine what they were asking for!!
post #5 of 29 (permalink) Old 09-29-2005, 09:53 AM
Time Served

She said Dallas is prepared to renovate the Cotton Bowl to the tune of $60M. Norm thinks that in 5 years it will need another $50M and they should have just nutted up and did the Cowboy deal.

Why will the Cotton Bowl need another $50M in five years?

2004 F150 SCREW

2000 GT
242rwhp/285rwtq
1/8: 8.93
RIP 2/25/07

www.lockoutforums.com

I Corinthians 9:24 - Do you not know that those who run in a race all run, but only one receives the prize? Run in such a way that you may win.
post #6 of 29 (permalink) Old 09-29-2005, 09:54 AM
Time Served

There was an article in the DMN, where someone from OU had already given up on the cotton bowl. They are looking to go home to home in the future.
post #7 of 29 (permalink) Old 09-29-2005, 09:59 AM Thread Starter
BELIEVE, IT'S TIME!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y2KSilverGT
Why will the Cotton Bowl need another $50M in five years?

Damn it, I had to step away from my Desk and missed the interview Guess I'll listen during the Top Ten.

The Cotton Bowl will need another $50 Mil every five years . . . it's just too old. Blow that Bitch up and Re-Build a MODERN BOWL. It doesn't need to be a Large Dome, just something new that will last at least another 4 decades. The middle of Fair Park is still a great place to have College Rivalry Games. You can't beat it.

Improve America's Education System: Have the High School Drop Outs Spayed and Neutered.

"Democracy is the worst form of government, except for all those other forms that have been tried from time to time." - Sir Winston Churchill

The DFWStangs Political Forum: Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.
post #8 of 29 (permalink) Old 09-29-2005, 10:00 AM
Recovering Lush

The article said no such thing. What it said was if the city of Dallas doesnt pony up, home and home is an option.

I, and 99.8% of the college football world, would be uber-shocked if that ever happened. Surely this runt with a c isn't THAT stupid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by loki
There was an article in the DMN, where someone from OU had already given up on the cotton bowl. They are looking to go home to home in the future.

color=#606060]
Quote:
"The Father-heart of God was... thrilled with me -- an immature, mess-making spiritual infant... My heavenly Father was enjoying me while I was yet in the process of maturing, not sighing in disgust and waiting impatiently until I grew up. He loved and longed for me; He felt proud and was excited over me while I was falling short."
Quote:
Mike Bickle

[

www.soberbygrace.org
post #9 of 29 (permalink) Old 09-29-2005, 10:01 AM
Recovering Lush

hell, dump some $$$ in it, and try to become a BCS bowl.

There's also talk of Tech/Ag moving there........

Quote:
Originally Posted by Who Needs 8
Damn it, I had to step away from my Desk and missed the interview Guess I'll listen during the Top Ten.

The Cotton Bowl will need another $50 Mil every five years . . . it's just too old. Blow that Bitch up and Re-Build a MODERN BOWL. It doesn't need to be a Large Dome, just something new that will last at least another 4 decades. The middle of Fair Park is still a great place to have College Rivalry Games. You can't beat it.

color=#606060]
Quote:
Quote:
Mike Bickle

[

www.soberbygrace.org
post #10 of 29 (permalink) Old 09-29-2005, 10:03 AM Thread Starter
BELIEVE, IT'S TIME!!!!

[Norm] Those seats are TERRIBLE. Have American's Butts gotten that much bigger over the years? [/Norm]

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

post #11 of 29 (permalink) Old 09-29-2005, 10:04 AM Thread Starter
BELIEVE, IT'S TIME!!!!

Damn it, I also missed the P1 Perfect Pair . . . anyone catch them, PM me.

post #12 of 29 (permalink) Old 09-29-2005, 10:04 AM
Never settle always excel

I really becamed concerned with Laura Miller when she started her strong Mayor bid. Get rid of the City Manager so she could basically have free run, she is a horrible mayor when it comes to business and future economics, not really what the City of Dallas needs.
post #13 of 29 (permalink) Old 09-29-2005, 10:05 AM
Time Served

Don't forget, if it goes home and home, you will potentially lose the national media attention and some easy recruiting that goes with it.

If the Cotton will need another $50M in five years, blow it up and build something right...

2004 F150 SCREW

2000 GT
242rwhp/285rwtq
1/8: 8.93
RIP 2/25/07

www.lockoutforums.com

I Corinthians 9:24 - Do you not know that those who run in a race all run, but only one receives the prize? Run in such a way that you may win.
post #14 of 29 (permalink) Old 09-29-2005, 10:06 AM
Full tilt boogie !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HookEm
Surely this runt with a c isn't THAT stupid.
uhhh....my money is on her being THAT stupid and then some.

post #15 of 29 (permalink) Old 09-29-2005, 10:10 AM
Recovering Lush

she is the anti-sports nazi.....

NO SPORTS FOR YOU!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Txstang1
uhhh....my money is on her being THAT stupid and then some.

color=#606060]
Quote:
Quote:
Mike Bickle

[

www.soberbygrace.org
post #16 of 29 (permalink) Old 09-29-2005, 10:16 AM
Full tilt boogie !!

Quote:
she is the anti-sports nazi.....

NO SPORTS FOR YOU!!!!
haha....no cigs either

post #17 of 29 (permalink) Old 09-29-2005, 10:17 AM Thread Starter
BELIEVE, IT'S TIME!!!!

Bottom line . . . Ron Kirk was probably the best Mayor that Dallas had ever had. He wasn't perfect, but letís look at what he did:

1.) Renovated Fair Park . . . It's still old, be he repainted the buildings, and re-goldflaked that eagle on that tower (or something) and made it look 10 times better. Even my dad, who grew up in Lakewood near fair park, said it hadn't looked that good since he was a kid.

2.) Put in a pretty good bid for the Olympics . . . sure it didn't compete with the other cities, but considering the way the City of Dallas works now, it was a gold mine.

3.) Built a New Arena in Downtown Dallas.

4.) Deep Ellum was cleaned up and actually really nice.

5.) Got the wheels going on the Trinity River Project . . . Laura Miller has since yanked the Emergency Brake on that one.

All I know is, I left for College Station in 2001, and Dallas was striving pretty well . . . Since I've been back, Laura Miller and the Corrupt City Counsel have put this city back into the dumps that it was in the 1980's.

post #18 of 29 (permalink) Old 09-29-2005, 10:17 AM
Recovering Lush

Quote:
haha....no cigs either

The city of Dallas elected her, over Tom Dunn, a financial wizard.

Idiots.

color=#606060]
Quote:
Quote:
Mike Bickle

[

www.soberbygrace.org
post #19 of 29 (permalink) Old 09-29-2005, 10:18 AM
Recovering Lush

in all fairness, the city and school councils never corrected themselves under Kirk. Anything with the shadow of JW Price, and the other one.....the dude that was on hosue arrest........can't be good.

Quote:
Bottom line . . . Ron Kirk was probably the best Mayor that Dallas had ever had. He wasn't perfect, but letís look at what he did:

1.) Renovated Fair Park . . . It's still old, be he repainted the buildings, and re-goldflaked that eagle on that tower (or something) and made it look 10 times better. Even my dad, who grew up in Lakewood near fair park, said it hadn't looked that good since he was a kid.

2.) Put in a pretty good bid for the Olympics . . . sure it didn't compete with the other cities, but considering the way the City of Dallas works now, it was a gold mine.

3.) Built a New Arena in Downtown Dallas.

4.) Deep Ellum was cleaned up and actually really nice.

5.) Got the wheels going on the Trinity River Project . . . Laura Miller has since yanked the Emergency Brake on that one.

All I know is, I left for College Station in 2001, and Dallas was striving pretty well . . . Since I've been back, Laura Miller and the Corrupt City Counsel have put this city back into the dumps that it was in the 1980's.

color=#606060]
Quote:
Quote:
Mike Bickle

[

www.soberbygrace.org
post #20 of 29 (permalink) Old 09-29-2005, 10:20 AM Thread Starter
BELIEVE, IT'S TIME!!!!

Hahaha at a caller with Norm.

"You can put a fresh coat of paint on a turd, but it's still a turd."

post #21 of 29 (permalink) Old 09-29-2005, 10:25 AM
Full tilt boogie !!

Quote:
in all fairness, the city and school councils never corrected themselves under Kirk. Anything with the shadow of JW Price, and the other one.....the dude that was on hosue arrest........can't be good.
W3RD....and that other scammin ass mofo is Al Lipscomb.

post #22 of 29 (permalink) Old 09-29-2005, 11:04 AM Thread Starter
BELIEVE, IT'S TIME!!!!

Quote:
W3RD....and that other scammin ass mofo is Al Lipscomb.

That's the guy that was under house arrest.

post #23 of 29 (permalink) Old 10-01-2005, 12:52 PM
Time Served

Yeah if Ron Kirk were still mayor the boys would still be on town and this game wouldnt be leaving the cotton bowl
post #24 of 29 (permalink) Old 10-01-2005, 09:45 PM
Lifer

The Trinity River project will never happen. Pie in the sky optimism at it's best. Dallas, as a city, is done. Schools are in the shitter, taxes are outrageous, a lot of the city council/officials are under investigation by the Feds, and if they are not careful, could lose Southwest Airlines. If Southwest is forced out of Love Field due to the Wright Amendment, they could lose HQ. With Southwest being about the only airline making money, that would NOT be good.

CHL holder and Conservative...AKA "Domestic Terrorist"
post #25 of 29 (permalink) Old 10-03-2005, 09:26 AM
Time Served

I live in Fort Worth, and rarely go to Dallas unless it it to see the Mavs or otherwise.

I heard Norm get bent out of shape when the Dallas Council struck down the stadium deal and he flew off the handle and made his 'we like to bitch in Dallas' rant. I didn't get to hear the interview with Miller this past week. Did he let his feelings be known or did he throw softballs at her?
post #26 of 29 (permalink) Old 10-03-2005, 10:13 AM Thread Starter
BELIEVE, IT'S TIME!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by liquid snake
I live in Fort Worth, and rarely go to Dallas unless it it to see the Mavs or otherwise.

I heard Norm get bent out of shape when the Dallas Council struck down the stadium deal and he flew off the handle and made his 'we like to bitch in Dallas' rant. I didn't get to hear the interview with Miller this past week. Did he let his feelings be known or did he throw softballs at her?
I missed it, but I hear that he let her have it.

post #27 of 29 (permalink) Old 10-03-2005, 11:14 AM
Time Served

Quote:
I missed it, but I hear that he let her have it.
..if that is true, then its about damn time. I have never seen a person so against sports in a city as her, who regards it as a nuisance, a necessary evil rather than a benefit, and it is painfully obvious. I just don't understand the personal crusade.
post #28 of 29 (permalink) Old 10-03-2005, 02:31 PM
Lifer

Seriously, you guys are morons. Ron Kirk was a better mayor than Laura Miller? Are you on crack?

And saying that "Dallas was better when Kirk was here" is EXACTLY the same justification people give for Clinton being better. And just like Clinton, Kirk didn't do a fucking thing. That's how Dallas GOT so bad. Just like the US, the "badness" just happened to peak under someone else's watch.

No smoking in Dallas restaurants? Good, it's fucking disgusting. Take it outside. Or better yet, quit.

No Cowboys? After seeing the ass-fucking that Jerry Jones gave Arlington, I'd say it is the single smartest thing I've ever seen a government employee do.

No Cotton Bowl? Big deal, maybe some other metroplex city will step up and spend $10million every year to keep up a facility that gets used twice a year. AND attracts a drunk / rowdy / out-of-town crowd.

I'm all for sports. But it has to make economic sense. The Cowboys deal was horseshit, you should be glad (if you're a Dallas resident - I doubt any of you are) that you aren't having to foot the bill to build the infrastructure for Jerry Jones' private company. If Dallas could have negotiated a deal with the Cowboys AND a couple of college sports boards to build and host a (at a relatively low taxpayer cost) an NFL caliber multi-use stadium, then yes, it would make sense. But such a deal never materialized. Guess you guys will just have to bitch.
post #29 of 29 (permalink) Old 10-03-2005, 03:46 PM Thread Starter
BELIEVE, IT'S TIME!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 46Tbird
Guess you guys will just have to bitch.

[Norm Hitzges] That's what we do in Dallas: We like to Bitch!!! [/Norm Hitzges]

Sponsored Links
Advertisement