Texas loses votes in AP poll - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 64 (permalink) Old 09-11-2005, 09:06 PM Thread Starter
Recovering Lush

Texas loses votes in AP poll

Week 2 AP Poll has Texas at #2, with 4 first place votes, and 1541 points.
Week 3 AP Poll has Texas at #2, with 8 first place votes, and 1538 points.

Exactly how does that work? If 4 voters changed their votes to #1, and we assume it was #2 to #1, they would pick up 4 points....somehow, 7 voters dropped them to one lower position........or maybe 2 bitter Ohio voters dropped them 3 places and 4 places each.....

That is just crap...totally unjustifiable.

color=#606060]
Quote:
"The Father-heart of God was... thrilled with me -- an immature, mess-making spiritual infant... My heavenly Father was enjoying me while I was yet in the process of maturing, not sighing in disgust and waiting impatiently until I grew up. He loved and longed for me; He felt proud and was excited over me while I was falling short."
Quote:
Mike Bickle

[

Sober By Grace Ministries: A Ministry of The James 2:26 Project
[size=1]Where New Beginnings Start
www.soberbygrace.org
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 64 (permalink) Old 09-11-2005, 09:13 PM
Lifer

I think UT will stay @ #2 for awhile. I dunno if they could knock off the Trojans right now.
post #3 of 64 (permalink) Old 09-11-2005, 09:16 PM
AHMO!

you are bitching about a poll that means absolutley nothing right now? Everyone knows who the top 2 teams in the country are right now. If they are 3 points more ahead in the poll does it really matter?

post #4 of 64 (permalink) Old 09-11-2005, 09:17 PM Thread Starter
Recovering Lush

I have no problem with that. I have a problem with voters dropping Texas. They picked up 4 first place votes, and dropped 3 total points.......so if you add the 4 extra points, they dropped 7 points total....hopefully, 7 voters dropping them one place....but like i said, it could be two bitter assholed dropped them 3 places and 4 places respectively.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaber
I think UT will stay @ #2 for awhile. I dunno if they could knock off the Trojans right now.

color=#606060]
Quote:
"The Father-heart of God was... thrilled with me -- an immature, mess-making spiritual infant... My heavenly Father was enjoying me while I was yet in the process of maturing, not sighing in disgust and waiting impatiently until I grew up. He loved and longed for me; He felt proud and was excited over me while I was falling short."
Quote:
Mike Bickle

[

www.soberbygrace.org
post #5 of 64 (permalink) Old 09-11-2005, 09:18 PM Thread Starter
Recovering Lush

No, I'm bitching about a crappy ass system that allows the media to determine our MNC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nasty Nate
you are bitching about a poll that means absolutley nothing right now? Everyone knows who the top 2 teams in the country are right now. If they are 3 points more ahead in the poll does it really matter?

color=#606060]
Quote:
Quote:
Mike Bickle

[

www.soberbygrace.org
post #6 of 64 (permalink) Old 09-11-2005, 09:40 PM
Ide fuck her in the ass..

those polls dont mean shit...

WTB: At&T phone... pm me what ya got...

Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote
post #7 of 64 (permalink) Old 09-11-2005, 09:52 PM
PC HATER!!

they're just TEXAS haters!!! SCREW EM'

hook em' HORNS!!!

Life is like a box of chocolates, you never know what you're going to get.
-forrest gump

[IMG]
post #8 of 64 (permalink) Old 09-11-2005, 10:15 PM
Lifer

i see what you mean, that is gay, but as long as texas wins out i dont see how they wont be in the natl championship game.
post #9 of 64 (permalink) Old 09-11-2005, 11:03 PM
10% Real Fruit Juice

Quote:
Originally Posted by HookEm
No, I'm bitching about a crappy ass system that allows the media to determine our MNC.
what is a "MNC" ?

post #10 of 64 (permalink) Old 09-11-2005, 11:07 PM
10% Real Fruit Juice

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyMCev
what is a "MNC" ?

just in case you refer to it as "mythical national champion", i will take it as something you made up and something exclusive to you, because we have national champions every year. split, contraversial, disagreeable, or otherwise shitty does not matter. every year there is a national champion (or 2)...
post #11 of 64 (permalink) Old 09-11-2005, 11:28 PM
Call me Daddy

Quote:
just in case you refer to it as "mythical national champion", i will take it as something you made up and something exclusive to you, because we have national champions every year. split, contraversial, disagreeable, or otherwise shitty does not matter. every year there is a national champion (or 2)...
the letters MNC obviously mean Munching Nasty Cock to HookEm!
lightum up Sparky!
post #12 of 64 (permalink) Old 09-11-2005, 11:58 PM
AHMO!

UT could receive 64 of 65 first place votes and hook em would start a thread of why didn't they get the 1 other first place vote.
post #13 of 64 (permalink) Old 09-12-2005, 12:19 AM Thread Starter
Recovering Lush

It's completely mythical. It's the only sport that crowns their champion via a popularity contest. D-2 has a playoff. NAIA has a playoff. All levels of college, outside of D1, has a playoff....hell, even HS has a playoff (all be it on a state level.)
D1 basketball has a national champion, ditto for baseball, volleyball, and every other sanctioned sport has a playoff system. Except for D1......they, like figure skating, use a panel of judges to crown their champ.

No reason there can't be a playoff.

And no reason to believe there ever will be a playoff.

Quote:

color=#606060]
Quote:
Quote:
Mike Bickle

[

www.soberbygrace.org
post #14 of 64 (permalink) Old 09-12-2005, 12:21 AM Thread Starter
Recovering Lush

You're oblivious. I don't care that Texas picked up 4 first place votes...BFD. What boggles my mind is that among the rest of the voters (less the 4 that bumped them) they fell 7 spots.

Of course, you defend this, somehow........

Quote:
UT could receive 64 of 65 first place votes and hook em would start a thread of why didn't they get the 1 other first place vote.

color=#606060]
Quote:
Quote:
Mike Bickle

[

www.soberbygrace.org
post #15 of 64 (permalink) Old 09-12-2005, 12:31 AM
AHMO!

Quote:
You're oblivious. I don't care that Texas picked up 4 first place votes...BFD. What boggles my mind is that among the rest of the voters (less the 4 that bumped them) they fell 7 spots.

Of course, you defend this, somehow........
i'm not arguing the point of it being stupid. I'm just saying if there is anything remotely related to texas that you can bitch about, you will make at least one thread about it.
post #16 of 64 (permalink) Old 09-12-2005, 12:41 AM Thread Starter
Recovering Lush

wtf are u babbling about? Remotely related? I'd say it directly effects Texas. As to your thread nazi nonsense...........this is.......the only thread i made all weekend.
Don't eat the brown acid, dude.

Quote:
i'm not arguing the point of it being stupid. I'm just saying if there is anything remotely related to texas that you can bitch about, you will make at least one thread about it.

color=#606060]
Quote:
Quote:
Mike Bickle

[

www.soberbygrace.org
post #17 of 64 (permalink) Old 09-12-2005, 09:17 AM
Never settle always excel

Quote:
I bet they are liberals or democrats and they are just trying to piss you off
post #18 of 64 (permalink) Old 09-12-2005, 09:35 AM

Quote:
wtf are u babbling about? Remotely related? I'd say it directly effects Texas. As to your thread nazi nonsense...........this is.......the only thread i made all weekend.
I agree with Nate you're an idiot when posting about ut . USC has the returning Hiesman winner at QB who led them to "National Title" last year why would they be outranked by ut . Especially after the close call to number 4 Ohio state. I bet your heart was beating out of chest at the beginning of the 4th quarter wasn't it? USC has 11 National Titles to their name and haven't lost a game since 2003. So tell me again why ut should be numero uno?
post #19 of 64 (permalink) Old 09-12-2005, 10:22 AM
Lifer

Quote:
Could it be that they didnt look as dominant as some thought they should have??
Maybe non biased people saw flaws you dont want to admit too??
post #20 of 64 (permalink) Old 09-12-2005, 10:44 AM
BOOMER SOONER!

AP doesn't count in the BCS formula this year, don't sweat em.
post #21 of 64 (permalink) Old 09-12-2005, 10:48 AM
BELIEVE, IT'S TIME!!!!

I think when you see that Iowa is still Higher in the Polls than Iowa St., you'll know with out a doubt that poll voting doesn't work.

"The Pill": Helping control the Educated Population since 1960

Improve America's Education System: Have the High School Drop Outs Spayed and Neutered.

Stupid and Lazy breeds more Stupid and Lazy.

"Democracy is the worst form of government, except for all those other forms that have been tried from time to time." - Sir Winston Churchill

The DFWStangs Political Forum: Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.
post #22 of 64 (permalink) Old 09-12-2005, 12:00 PM Thread Starter
Recovering Lush

Are you on meth?
When did I EVER even SUGGEST that Texas should be number 1?
And even if I had, WHICH I DIDN'T, what does:
  • USC's 11 MNCs have to do with this year?
  • Their performance in 2003-2004 have to do with this year?
Of course USC schould be ranked #1....nowhere did I suggest differently. What exactly did I say to make you think that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pro Trash
I agree with Nate you're an idiot when posting about ut . USC has the returning Hiesman winner at QB who led them to "National Title" last year why would they be outranked by ut . Especially after the close call to number 4 Ohio state. I bet your heart was beating out of chest at the beginning of the 4th quarter wasn't it? USC has 11 National Titles to their name and haven't lost a game since 2003. So tell me again why ut should be numero uno?

color=#606060]
Quote:
Quote:
Mike Bickle

[

www.soberbygrace.org
post #23 of 64 (permalink) Old 09-12-2005, 12:03 PM Thread Starter
Recovering Lush

And now it starts. The "Wasn't really a big game" mantra.
They went on the road to a tuff venue, and beat #3 team.....but your bitch is, they didn't dominate them? Where do you get this stuff?

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrp88lx's
Could it be that they didnt look as dominant as some thought they should have??
Maybe non biased people saw flaws you dont want to admit too??

color=#606060]
Quote:
Quote:
Mike Bickle

[

www.soberbygrace.org
post #24 of 64 (permalink) Old 09-12-2005, 12:07 PM
Lifer

Quote:
They went on the road to a tuff venue, and beat #3 team.....but your bitch is, they didn't dominate them? Where do you get this stuff?
You dont read well, I didnt say they didnt dominate them, I just offered that as an explaination as to the voting!!! Nor did I say it wasnt a big game, it obviously was a big game.

AND DO NOT throw the "on the road at a tuff venue" thing at me considering you gave A&M no such thought when they lost "on the road at a tuff venue"!!
post #25 of 64 (permalink) Old 09-12-2005, 12:26 PM Thread Starter
Recovering Lush

Clemson was an unranked team........tOSU was #4.
Liiiiiiittle bit of difference.

Careful with SMUt this week....remember, SMU IS > Oklahoma.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrp88lx's
You dont read well, I didnt say they didnt dominate them, I just offered that as an explaination as to the voting!!! Nor did I say it wasnt a big game, it obviously was a big game.

AND DO NOT throw the "on the road at a tuff venue" thing at me considering you gave A&M no such thought when they lost "on the road at a tuff venue"!!

color=#606060]
Quote:
Quote:
Mike Bickle

[

www.soberbygrace.org

Last edited by HookEm; 09-12-2005 at 12:45 PM.
post #26 of 64 (permalink) Old 09-12-2005, 12:31 PM
Genetically Blessed

Quote:
Clemson was an unranked team........tOSU was #3.
Liiiiiiittle bit of difference.

Careful with SMUt this week....remember, SMU IS > Oklahoma.....
they were #4 just for the record, i still don't see how they lost votes.
post #27 of 64 (permalink) Old 09-12-2005, 12:44 PM Thread Starter
Recovering Lush

yes, #4......in any case, a Top 5 Team.

color=#606060]
Quote:
Quote:
Mike Bickle

[

www.soberbygrace.org
post #28 of 64 (permalink) Old 09-13-2005, 12:47 PM

Quote:
Hey stupid where did you get #3 when they were ranked #4. I guess you are either wrong or just making up stuff.
post #29 of 64 (permalink) Old 09-13-2005, 01:29 PM Thread Starter
Recovering Lush

it's called a typoe, dung for brains. Thus, the correction.....

Quote:
Hey stupid where did you get #3 when they were ranked #4. I guess you are either wrong or just making up stuff.

color=#606060]
Quote:
Quote:
Mike Bickle

[

www.soberbygrace.org
post #30 of 64 (permalink) Old 09-13-2005, 01:34 PM
Call me Daddy

Quote:
typo, fatass!
post #31 of 64 (permalink) Old 09-13-2005, 01:35 PM

Quote:
Well I apologize I just figured as much as you correct others you were free of any and all possible errors
post #32 of 64 (permalink) Old 09-13-2005, 01:38 PM Thread Starter
Recovering Lush

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kustom
typo, fatass!

you're up early.....gathering wood for tonight's cross burning?

color=#606060]
Quote:
Quote:
Mike Bickle

[

www.soberbygrace.org
post #33 of 64 (permalink) Old 09-13-2005, 01:39 PM Thread Starter
Recovering Lush

Quote:
Well I apologize I just figured as much as you correct others you were free of any and all possible errors

No, it's just you. Do you REALLY think you should get a free pass on claiming Texas lsot 5 of 6 bowl games, hasnt been to a B12CCG since 1999, etc, etc....?

color=#606060]
Quote:
Quote:
Mike Bickle

[

www.soberbygrace.org
post #34 of 64 (permalink) Old 09-13-2005, 01:40 PM
Call me Daddy

Quote:
do you have to turn everything into something racial? you damn roman candle
post #35 of 64 (permalink) Old 09-13-2005, 01:41 PM

Quote:
No, it's just you. Do you REALLY think you should get a free pass on claiming Texas lsot 5 of 6 bowl games, hasnt been to a B12CCG since 1999, etc, etc....?
Nah but don't make any mistakes in that glass house and I won't throw rocks back !
post #36 of 64 (permalink) Old 09-13-2005, 01:42 PM
Call me Daddy

Quote:
lost, tons of fun
post #37 of 64 (permalink) Old 09-13-2005, 01:44 PM

Quote:
Well I am sure that if you lit a cross on fire you'd find a way to cause yourself to burst into flames. Facts, Kustom isn't a racist, Hook em is fat, Kustom said one thing that wasn't exactly politically correct, Hook em at one time caused himself to burst into flames,
post #38 of 64 (permalink) Old 09-13-2005, 01:45 PM Thread Starter
Recovering Lush

a typo is no the same as a factual error. typo: Texaa, vice Texas.
Grammatical error: your, vice you're. FActual error: Texas has lost 5 of its last 6 bowl games viceTexas has won 3 of it's last 5 (IIRC)

Quote:
Nah but don't make any mistakes in that glass house and I won't throw rocks back !

color=#606060]
Quote:
Quote:
Mike Bickle

[

www.soberbygrace.org
post #39 of 64 (permalink) Old 09-13-2005, 01:48 PM

Quote:
Grammatical error: your, vice you're. FActual error: Texas has lost 5 of its last 6 bowl games viceTexas has won 3 of it's last 5 (IIRC)

So mistaking that tu lost 5 of it's last 6 versus tu played against #3 when it was actually #4 is classified as a typo? No you just made yourself look stupid as I did when I posted the wrong stuff. Typo HookEm Factual UntEm, have a great day
post #40 of 64 (permalink) Old 09-13-2005, 01:48 PM
Call me Daddy

Quote:
your spelling is messed up tubby!
post #41 of 64 (permalink) Old 09-13-2005, 01:51 PM

Quote:
your spelling is messed up tubby!
You know fat people are harder to kidnap
post #42 of 64 (permalink) Old 09-13-2005, 01:51 PM Thread Starter
Recovering Lush

You are all that is aggy.

Quote:
So mistaking that tu lost 5 of it's last 6 versus tu played against #3 when it was actually #4 is classified as a typo? No you just made yourself look stupid as I did when I posted the wrong stuff. Typo HookEm Factual UntEm, have a great day

color=#606060]
Quote:
Quote:
Mike Bickle

[

www.soberbygrace.org
post #43 of 64 (permalink) Old 09-13-2005, 01:54 PM
Call me Daddy

Quote:
you make this shit way to easy!
post #44 of 64 (permalink) Old 09-13-2005, 01:54 PM Thread Starter
Recovering Lush

He refers to African-Americans as "Spear chunkers."
In your book, that makes him one of the good guys, eh?
Speaks volumes about your views on African Americans.

Quote:
Well I am sure that if you lit a cross on fire you'd find a way to cause yourself to burst into flames. Facts, Kustom isn't a racist, Hook em is fat, Kustom said one thing that wasn't exactly politically correct, Hook em at one time caused himself to burst into flames,

color=#606060]
Quote:
Quote:
Mike Bickle

[

www.soberbygrace.org
post #45 of 64 (permalink) Old 09-13-2005, 01:54 PM Thread Starter
Recovering Lush

Quote:
you make this shit way to easy!

And how is it "to" easy, Klanny?

color=#606060]
Quote:
Quote:
Mike Bickle

[

www.soberbygrace.org
post #46 of 64 (permalink) Old 09-13-2005, 01:56 PM
Call me Daddy

Quote:
He refers to African-Americans as "Spear chunkers."
In your book, that makes him one of the good guys, eh?
Speaks volumes about your views on African Americans.
you fat fuck i said it once, as in one time! i guess since you caught yourself on fire that makes you a flaming fat fuck the rest of your life dont it?
post #47 of 64 (permalink) Old 09-13-2005, 01:57 PM Thread Starter
Recovering Lush

oooooh..........hit a nerve, eh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by KKKustom
you fat fuck i said it once, as in one time! i guess since you caught yourself on fire that makes you a flaming fat fuck the rest of your life dont it?

color=#606060]
Quote:
Quote:
Mike Bickle

[

www.soberbygrace.org
post #48 of 64 (permalink) Old 09-13-2005, 01:59 PM
Call me Daddy

Quote:
oooooh..........hit a nerve, eh?
the only thing you hit sparky is the buffet!
post #49 of 64 (permalink) Old 09-13-2005, 02:04 PM Thread Starter
Recovering Lush

Does that make you feel better? I genuinely hope it does. Someone that has such a need to put down others around them invariably suffers from a serious inferiority complex. If you need a therapist, there are numbers to call for a reference.

Quote:
the only thing you hit sparky is the buffet!

color=#606060]
Quote:
Quote:
Mike Bickle

[

www.soberbygrace.org
post #50 of 64 (permalink) Old 09-13-2005, 02:05 PM

Quote:
Well I am proud to be an Aggie versus a fake tu wanna be who drank himself out of Austin, has been working on a 4 year degree for 15 years. I bet you could make a 3X large t-shirt look like spandex.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement