Texas Tech wins Season Opener! - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-10-2005, 11:32 PM Thread Starter
Back To Normal

Texas Tech wins Season Opener!

I know this win again FIU was not the greatest in the grand scheme of things but I was just happy to hear my Red Raiders on the field. Let me start off saying that I am very impressed with Cody Hodges. He has been in the program for quite a while and seems to have a good understanding of things. I am very glad to have him at the helm of this offense. We finally have a rushing QB unlike the previous years. Not to mention Graham Harrell…he made a very impressive NCAA début in my eyes tonight and since either he or Chris Todd will be competing for the leadership role at Tech next year all I have to say is WOW! Both of these guys will make a great showing and upset a lot of defenses.

Now for a little stats.

Texas Tech won the game 56 – 3

Cody Hodges passed 29/37 for 454 yds, 4 TD’s and 0 Int’s
Graham Harrell passed 7/8 for 64 yds, 0 TD’s and 0 Int’s (But if you ask me this RS freshman showed a lot of maturity when he had the opportunity to pass for a TD but he didn’t like the way the D looked so he changed the play to allow Woods to Rush for a TD.)

Cody Hodges even rushed for a 17 yard TD in the 2nd Quarter.

Besides that the ball was spread around very effectively.

Rushing
Henderson went for 8 car and 67 yrds; 1 TD
Woods went for 6 car and 42 yrds; 2 TD’s
Hodges went for 7 car and 44 yds; 1 TD

Receiving
Johnson 9 rec and 129 yds; 1 TD
Amendola went for 5 Rec and 91 yds; 2 TD’s
Filani went for 4 rec and 78 yrds
Henderson went for 3 rec and 62 yrs; 1 TD

A grand total of 653 yard (518 Passing, 135 Rushing) AND our best receiver (Hicks) was not even in the game!

I can not wait till our Big 12 games start. UT looks to be VERY tough (Good game btw against OSU) and A&M will be a challenging as always.

Sorry for the long post but I am just excited about this years college football.

GO RED RAIDERS!!!!!

-Justin

Texan By Birth, Techsan By Choice.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-11-2005, 02:07 AM
Sports weenie @ full attn

:chirp chirp:

post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-11-2005, 02:09 AM
Recovering Lush

Tech and Texas may very well finish 1/2 in the South.

I see Tech blowing Ags out of the water.

color=#606060]
Quote:
"The Father-heart of God was... thrilled with me -- an immature, mess-making spiritual infant... My heavenly Father was enjoying me while I was yet in the process of maturing, not sighing in disgust and waiting impatiently until I grew up. He loved and longed for me; He felt proud and was excited over me while I was falling short."
Quote:
Mike Bickle

[

Sober By Grace Ministries: A Ministry of The James 2:26 Project
[size=1]Where New Beginnings Start
www.soberbygrace.org

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-11-2005, 07:44 AM
Time Served

I totally agree. Everyone talks about Petersons preformance yesterday. Yes he had over 200 yards. But it was against Tulsa, and it took them all 4 quaters to a beat Tulsa team that isnt very good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HookEm

I see Tech blowing Ags out of the water. Baylor> Smu> TCU> OU..............
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-11-2005, 04:44 PM
Good times

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2001 GT
GO RED RAIDERS!!!!!

n/a
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-11-2005, 07:22 PM
Lifer

Why in the hell is everyone so "GO RED RAIDERS!!"..."GETCHA GUNS UP" wooooohoooo.......when they fuckin played Florida fuckin International? Stupid. Alrriiight bring on mighty Sam Houston State! Then Indiana State!! Whoa...3 - 0...& in the top 25!! Then mighty Kansas...watch out!!! Lmao....always a weak ass schedule.
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-11-2005, 09:53 PM
PC HATER!!

WHO CARES!!!!
just wait til they play texas, vince young will only play a half!!!

HOOK EM'

Life is like a box of chocolates, you never know what you're going to get.
-forrest gump

[IMG]
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-11-2005, 11:43 PM Thread Starter
Back To Normal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaber
Why in the hell is everyone so "GO RED RAIDERS!!"..."GETCHA GUNS UP" wooooohoooo.......when they fuckin played Florida fuckin International? Stupid. Alrriiight bring on mighty Sam Houston State! Then Indiana State!! Whoa...3 - 0...& in the top 25!! Then mighty Kansas...watch out!!! Lmao....always a weak ass schedule.
Hater....you will see .

Yes Texas is going to be a VERY tough game. IMO the winner of that game will take the Big 12 and right now realisticly Texas looks like the one to beat.

Texan By Birth, Techsan By Choice.
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-11-2005, 11:51 PM
Race Tracks have Corners?

Quote:
Originally Posted by HookEm

I see Tech blowing Ags out of the water.
All you blow is hot air... One game and you've written the Aggies off for the season, you obviously don't know these group of kids very well.

It's a rental!
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-12-2005, 12:36 AM
Recovering Lush

1. They choked.
2. Their "gameday genius" of a coach made a pop warner football coach type gaffe in going for 1.
3. Reggie McNeal has no heart, no leadership ability, and no wins over Texas.
4. The weakest part of the team is the LB core, folowed by the DBs. What do you suppose Tech and Texas will do to teams with GLARING weaknesses in those areas?

As to these kids....aren't they the same ones that have lost 5 of 6 games now ,including a 3 game losing streak? Didn't they lose to BAYLOR?

What am I missing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by b1ake
All you blow is hot air... One game and you've written the Aggies off for the season, you obviously don't know these group of kids very well.

color=#606060]
Quote:
"The Father-heart of God was... thrilled with me -- an immature, mess-making spiritual infant... My heavenly Father was enjoying me while I was yet in the process of maturing, not sighing in disgust and waiting impatiently until I grew up. He loved and longed for me; He felt proud and was excited over me while I was falling short."
Quote:
Mike Bickle

[

Sober By Grace Ministries: A Ministry of The James 2:26 Project
[size=1]Where New Beginnings Start
www.soberbygrace.org
post #11 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-12-2005, 06:06 AM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2001 GT
Hater....you will see .
See what? Year after year Tech schedules extremely easy openers. Pacific, Lousiana Tech, SMU, ect. They end losing the games their suppose to lose, go to a bowl game, and have hand out for a fat bowl check.

I'm not saying thats a bad thing, cause I'm sure every other university tries to do that same thing. I guess what really bothers me is the whole town is so gung ho on a average college football team.

My attitude towards Tech is funny. Me & my other two siblings went to school there. lol
post #12 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-21-2005, 09:18 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dallasstars281
WHO CARES!!!!
just wait til they play texas, vince young will only play a half!!!

HOOK EM'
I dont see texas playing a powerhose in rice there buddy...alot of the schedule falls on tech loosing many seniors and some of these tiny schools getting the idea that tech would be an easier game for them than playing a&m ... I wish they would play bigger schools like utep , houston , tcu or them but I think this is what you call college preseason , I actually rooted for the horns and wanted them to win over ohio state there at the end but , thats over now ....lol
wreck em techgo red raiders

1995 cobra bolt ons red with black cloth 1.76 60'

13.27 at 102.83 6123' air ... in shop getting procharged d1sc canfield heads etc etc
post #13 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-21-2005, 09:24 PM
Lifer

and did you hear the fox people talking smack about tech that they just ran up the score over sam houston , ? " there is no place for this bull in college football " oh and on to better news the horns barely won over rice 51 to 10 .....lol? wtf is that all about?
I just wonder how scary a game it would be for one of these almost division 2 schools to somehow play tech in a meaningless bowl game in jan instead of the powerhouse teams that always beat tech like the pac 10? oh wait where does california play football again? ...

13.27 at 102.83 6123' air ... in shop getting procharged d1sc canfield heads etc etc
post #14 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-21-2005, 09:27 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaber
See what? Year after year Tech schedules extremely easy openers. Pacific, Lousiana Tech, SMU, ect. They end losing the games their suppose to lose, go to a bowl game, and have hand out for a fat bowl check.

I'm not saying thats a bad thing, cause I'm sure every other university tries to do that same thing. I guess what really bothers me is the whole town is so gung ho on a average college football team.

My attitude towards Tech is funny. Me & my other two siblings went to school there. lol
that acverage football team was texas state champs afew years back with wins over baylor texas and a&m , and I heard nothing but how bad tech still sucked I guess it hurts loosing to an average team?
this is all bs anyways I just hope we can play football after this damn hurricane

Sponsored Links
Advertisement