post #2 of 148 (permalink) Old 09-10-2005, 09:45 PM
AHMO!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlofton
Vince Young best player in college? I think so
best player....? who knows for sure.
post #3 of 148 (permalink) Old 09-10-2005, 09:45 PM
BOOSTED32V Jr.

His 272 passing, 2 TD's, and 74 rushing yards against the #4 team in the nation sure says so!

-1998 Cobra - Vortech SQ-Trim powered - BAD-SVT Jr.

459.1rwhp/368.5rwtq on 8#'s of boost

Upcoming mods: 2008 Mustang GT or 2003-up BMW M3

post #4 of 148 (permalink) Old 09-10-2005, 09:49 PM
PC HATER!!

i totally agree!!! just bring it ou!!!

Life is like a box of chocolates, you never know what you're going to get.
-forrest gump

[IMG]
post #5 of 148 (permalink) Old 09-10-2005, 09:50 PM
AHMO!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVTVenom
His 272 passing, 2 TD's, and 74 rushing yards against the #4 team in the nation sure says so!
wasn't there an INT mixed in there somewhere? i know there's a bunch of UT fans here (me included) but slow down just a touch.
post #6 of 148 (permalink) Old 09-10-2005, 09:52 PM
Its 9 A.M Cockadoodle Doo

he's up there, but its a lil early to be saying he's the best player in college right now. Reggie Bush is pretty good also. What a game though, kept me on the edge of my seat!!!

89' Notchback "Turbo Project"
93' Hatchback "N/A"
01' Platinum Edition F250

Don't Buy parts from SleeperGTS!!
post #7 of 148 (permalink) Old 09-10-2005, 09:57 PM
Time Served

"Our goal is when Vince Young leaves here, he will no longer be a Heisman Candidate" -Carpenter

Hahaha yeah right sucka!
post #8 of 148 (permalink) Old 09-10-2005, 09:59 PM
PC HATER!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brittstang 5.0
"Our goal is when Vince Young leaves here, he will no longer be a Heisman Candidate" -Carpenter

Hahaha yeah right sucka!
is buckeye another word for marijuana???

-forrest gump

[IMG]
post #9 of 148 (permalink) Old 09-10-2005, 10:01 PM
Lifer

Damn that was one hella of a game....

05 Yamaha R6- Not stock anymore
90 Eagle Talon TSi- Yeah it's slow
post #10 of 148 (permalink) Old 09-10-2005, 10:02 PM
PC HATER!!

i got tired of hearing about those LB's.

-forrest gump

[IMG]
post #11 of 148 (permalink) Old 09-10-2005, 10:04 PM
AHMO!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dallasstars281
i'm sure Vince got tired of seeing all of em around him and the ball too. Great game.
post #12 of 148 (permalink) Old 09-10-2005, 10:05 PM
Its 9 A.M Cockadoodle Doo

Quote:
Originally Posted by dallasstars281
I did too, but they were actually good.

89' Notchback "Turbo Project"
93' Hatchback "N/A"
01' Platinum Edition F250

Don't Buy parts from SleeperGTS!!
post #13 of 148 (permalink) Old 09-10-2005, 10:15 PM
PC HATER!!

yeah i know, but vinsanity won it for texas, now heading to the Rose Bowl!!!

-forrest gump

[IMG]
post #14 of 148 (permalink) Old 09-10-2005, 10:23 PM
BOOSTED32V Jr.

Soon after Ohio State beat Miami of Ohio 34-14 in its opener, linebacker Bobby Carpenter said, ``Our goal is when Vince Young leaves here, he won't be a candidate for the Heisman.''

Good call on that one champ! I bet you'll get a nice thank you card from VY when he gets his Heisman trophy at the end of the season.
post #15 of 148 (permalink) Old 09-10-2005, 10:49 PM
Mavs Fan For Life!

vince played a good game, but heisman trophy is still a few months off. Texas still has tough games against A&m, Tech and yes OU. I know OU has not looked good first 2 games, but until UT beats OU, edge still favors OU.

Still good game against OSU. Texas hung in there. Defense definatley made the game winnable for UT.
post #16 of 148 (permalink) Old 09-10-2005, 10:52 PM
BELIEVE, IT'S TIME!!!!

2nd Game of the year and you're going to come out with that??? You're an idiot.

"The Pill": Helping control the Educated Population since 1960

Improve America's Education System: Have the High School Drop Outs Spayed and Neutered.

Stupid and Lazy breeds more Stupid and Lazy.

"Democracy is the worst form of government, except for all those other forms that have been tried from time to time." - Sir Winston Churchill

The DFWStangs Political Forum: Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.
post #17 of 148 (permalink) Old 09-10-2005, 10:59 PM
BOOSTED32V Jr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Who Needs 8
2nd Game of the year and you're going to come out with that??? You're an idiot.
At least he can beat Baylor.
post #18 of 148 (permalink) Old 09-10-2005, 11:31 PM
190hp4banger

Quote:
Originally Posted by jefehbk
Defense definatley made the game winnable for UT.
The defense sealed the game for UT. I really feel that if Kelson hadn't caused that fumble that Robison recovered, Ohio would've scored again at the end of the game, and it woulda been too little, too late. The defense was more crucial than the offense because they kept Ohio out of the end zone enough that UT could come back.

Vince isn't the best player in college ball, BUT I will say "I told you so," that he's improved 100% on his passing.
post #19 of 148 (permalink) Old 09-10-2005, 11:35 PM
Recovering Lush

i dunno, but i do know that VY>Reggie MC Neal

Why?

Do we REALLY need to look at the 4 th quarters of aggy v Clemson, and UT v OSU?

color=#606060]
Quote:
"The Father-heart of God was... thrilled with me -- an immature, mess-making spiritual infant... My heavenly Father was enjoying me while I was yet in the process of maturing, not sighing in disgust and waiting impatiently until I grew up. He loved and longed for me; He felt proud and was excited over me while I was falling short."
Quote:
Mike Bickle

[

Sober By Grace Ministries: A Ministry of The James 2:26 Project
[size=1]Where New Beginnings Start
www.soberbygrace.org
post #20 of 148 (permalink) Old 09-10-2005, 11:45 PM Thread Starter
Time Served

Vince Young wont let his team down in crunch time, unlike McNeal who lost to both Baylor and Clemson in the 4th
post #21 of 148 (permalink) Old 09-10-2005, 11:51 PM
Recovering Lush

in the 4th, vince rallies the troops.....they've been there, done that....they know he can perform under the gun.

meanwhile, Reggie McNeal, in preparation for what's coming, passes these out to his teammates:

color=#606060]
Quote:
"The Father-heart of God was... thrilled with me -- an immature, mess-making spiritual infant... My heavenly Father was enjoying me while I was yet in the process of maturing, not sighing in disgust and waiting impatiently until I grew up. He loved and longed for me; He felt proud and was excited over me while I was falling short."
Quote:
Mike Bickle

[

www.soberbygrace.org
post #22 of 148 (permalink) Old 09-11-2005, 12:05 AM Thread Starter
Time Served

nicely put

Quote:
Originally Posted by HookEm
in the 4th, vince rallies the troops.....they've been there, done that....they know he can perform under the gun.

meanwhile, Reggie McNeal, in preparation for what's coming, passes these out to his teammates:
post #23 of 148 (permalink) Old 09-11-2005, 12:07 AM Thread Starter
Time Served

Also remember Lienhart has never been in a position to choke. Put in the position Vince Young has been put in time and time again could Lienhart handle that? I really dont think so.
post #24 of 148 (permalink) Old 09-11-2005, 01:43 AM
Ide fuck her in the ass..

if he isnt the best, he is dam close...

WTB: At&T phone... pm me what ya got...

Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote
post #25 of 148 (permalink) Old 09-11-2005, 07:04 AM
Lifer

Vince Young is fine. Best in the country? No. As a UT fan (born and raised in Austin), I've been pretty critical of him and Mack Brown. They run the most unimaginitive offense I've seen. The writers tout he has come from behind in 7 out of 8 games, but he's a big part of the reason. Last night, he had 2 of the worst interceptions I've seen...not from the throws themselves, but just bad decisions mad under pressure. Physically, Young is a TREMENDOUS athlete. But instead of Mack Brown kissing his ass (last night after the game!) he should be a tad critical to help push Young to the next level.

It was really the first big game they have won together. I believe they have earned the #2 spot in the polls, but they will be targeted in every single game they play now. It was one helluva win!

CHL holder and Conservative...AKA "Domestic Terrorist"
post #26 of 148 (permalink) Old 09-11-2005, 07:41 AM Thread Starter
Time Served

They did win the Rose Bowl last yr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vertnut
Vince Young is fine. Best in the country? No. As a UT fan (born and raised in Austin), I've been pretty critical of him and Mack Brown. They run the most unimaginitive offense I've seen. The writers tout he has come from behind in 7 out of 8 games, but he's a big part of the reason. Last night, he had 2 of the worst interceptions I've seen...not from the throws themselves, but just bad decisions mad under pressure. Physically, Young is a TREMENDOUS athlete. But instead of Mack Brown kissing his ass (last night after the game!) he should be a tad critical to help push Young to the next level.

It was really the first big game they have won together. I believe they have earned the #2 spot in the polls, but they will be targeted in every single game they play now. It was one helluva win!
post #27 of 148 (permalink) Old 09-11-2005, 07:52 AM
Lifer

Yes they did, but it was expected, and a bit lackluster. Hey, they are VERY good, if not great, but Mack has a TON of talent down there, and should have done better. He can't beat OU, and that is a HUGE monkey on his back. I'm hoping this is the year, and Vince Young proves me wrong, and wins the Heisman. I got real tired of hearing all about Ohio States linebackers last night. The Texas defense was EXCEPTIONAL, and was the only reason Young even had the opportunity to win it! They only gave up one TD and 5 field goals...IN THE RED ZONE! OMG, that was truly awesome, and I feel like it was a little overlooked because of Youngs' last minute TD pass. Don't you think he has a tendency to fade a little under pressure? In the Rose Bowl last year, I really think he felt like he had nothing to lose. THey SHOULD have been playing USC, but because of his very average showing against OU, they weren't.

post #28 of 148 (permalink) Old 09-11-2005, 08:06 AM
Along for the ride

I'm still not convinced he is the best player in the country. There were several instances (including the 2 INT's) that he made bad decisions. With that said, VY had a very good game and that TD pass at the end (although it looked ugly leaving his hand) was right on the money. I'd say he's definitely in the top 3 players in the country. Still a lot of football left to see who's the best.

As an Aggie, it's frustrating comparing McNeal and VY. I still think McNeal has more speed, and is a better passer. The biggest difference between the two is VY looks relaxed out there and has evolved into a vocal leader. Reggie seems to be timid and unsure of himself. He needs to step up and play to his full abilities.

Marcus

'92 Emerald Green Mustang LX Hatch 5.0
post #29 of 148 (permalink) Old 09-11-2005, 08:57 AM
Time Served

The two interceptions looked bad, but those three LB's were going ape-shit on him all night. If you look at where the recievers were, the passes were not dumb or badly thrown. I was very critical of those plays at the time, myself. But when they showed the view from behid him, he made a decent decision to try and advance the ball, and not lose yardage. Both of these two particular passes turned out bad for us, but he did the same thing successfully (not intercepted, or not for a loss) a dozen more times.

Best player in College FB? That I don't know, he's a damn fine player and a first round draft pick. Of course, there are three LB's for OSU who'll go in the first round too. He's definatly the best QB in the big12 and most other conferences.... I just wonder what the big Tuna could do w/ Vince Young??

Cody
2005 Silverado 1500. Black/Black

"Don't ever ask a man if he's from Texas. If he is, he'll tell you. If not, please, don't embarass him."

Private Installer, PM me for pricing.
post #30 of 148 (permalink) Old 09-11-2005, 10:11 AM
Lifer

Lienhart
Bush
Young
Peterson

Those are the best players in the country.

Vince is doing his best to rise to the top of that list.

Regardless of the "stats" (passing/rushing) he has shown that when it comes time to lead his team to victory, he gets it done. That is WAYYY more important than any stat that can be published in a box score.

post #31 of 148 (permalink) Old 09-11-2005, 08:00 PM
Recovering Lush

what on earth has Peterson done this year to warrant inclusion on that list?
Last year, I would totally agree...might even put him at the top. This year........eh, no. But the year is young, so that can change.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99BRINGIT
Lienhart
Bush
Young
Peterson

Those are the best players in the country.

Vince is doing his best to rise to the top of that list.

Regardless of the "stats" (passing/rushing) he has shown that when it comes time to lead his team to victory, he gets it done. That is WAYYY more important than any stat that can be published in a box score.

color=#606060]
Quote:
Quote:
Mike Bickle

[

www.soberbygrace.org
post #32 of 148 (permalink) Old 09-11-2005, 08:03 PM
Recovering Lush

I'll say this much......I can't think of another QB I would have rather had in last night's situation (the final drive.)

color=#606060]
Quote:
Quote:
Mike Bickle

[

www.soberbygrace.org
post #33 of 148 (permalink) Old 09-11-2005, 08:21 PM
Dyno Racing King!!!

Quote:

Okay, for all you haters out there ragging on Vince for the 2 picks, get this. UT GOES AS VINCE YOUNG GOES!!! He has the ability to win games, if he is given the freedom to do so. As a coach, you have to take plays like the 2 picks from time to time. If all he does is tuck the ball when he's in trouble, he'll never make big plays. You have to give your top players the ability to make decisions and then accept the outcomes good or bad. Vince was trying to make a play when he threw the first pick. When he threw the long pass in the 4th, he had to shake off a tackler first. Many people were screaming for him to go down right away, but he did the same as before -- he tried to make a play and that time it worked. If the coach is too critical, the player is afraid to try and make a play. Look at how Brett Farve plays and he is regarded as one of the top QB's ever. UT continues to grow and improve each time out. They are gunning for OU and the Rose Bowl this year. I just hope they don't slip up and have a letdown game elsewhere.

Juiceweezl
Dallas, TX
2000 Black GT
2V with a fuel pump and some other goodies
Touched by the hand of a tuning god -- Mr. Wilson
post #34 of 148 (permalink) Old 09-11-2005, 08:59 PM
Recovering Lush

I dunno....that first pick was a REALLY bad decision. He didn't even look....he just threw the ball. He HAS to learn when to eat the ball.

Other than that, I agree with your post completely.

color=#606060]
Quote:
Quote:
Mike Bickle

[

www.soberbygrace.org
post #35 of 148 (permalink) Old 09-11-2005, 09:40 PM
Lifer

If UT goes as Vince goes, then he had better start using his head for something other than to wear his helmet on. A SMART QB takes the sack in a non-crucial situation. He was never in a desperate position on either of those int's. By being a bonehead, he had UT's defense under a tremendous amount of pressure ALL DAY LONG!

post #36 of 148 (permalink) Old 09-11-2005, 10:03 PM
Recovering Lush

i disagree: Our special teams kept the defense under pressure all day long. Why didnt we just kick it out of bounds, and give them the ball on the 35?

He should have taken the sack, but he paniced....

His arm is MUCH better this year.....wow.

Quote:
If UT goes as Vince goes, then he had better start using his head for something other than to wear his helmet on. A SMART QB takes the sack in a non-crucial situation. He was never in a desperate position on either of those int's. By being a bonehead, he had UT's defense under a tremendous amount of pressure ALL DAY LONG!

color=#606060]
Quote:
Quote:
Mike Bickle

[

www.soberbygrace.org
post #37 of 148 (permalink) Old 09-11-2005, 11:10 PM
The Decent Guy

Location: staying away from the tall woman with the adams apple.
texas should have won by more if not for vince young dumb plays, the defense saved the day for ut.

you people kill me with this vince young the best in football talk.
post #38 of 148 (permalink) Old 09-11-2005, 11:27 PM
190hp4banger

in my other post I forgot to chastize the offensive play-calling. WTF was going on with that bullshit? "OK guys, now we're only gonna run 3 plays tonight..."

I know they used more than 3...but they stuck to the same 3,4,5 plays for most of the game. I also wonder why Ted Ginn didn't have a breakout night? Everyone knows he can singlehandedly destroy a team and get them near a "W," not to mention Santonio Holmes is on the same team. Oh yeah, the defense won that battle for Texas too, but all you hear about is VY .
post #39 of 148 (permalink) Old 09-12-2005, 12:24 AM
Recovering Lush

Someone else who didn't watch the game........

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cartman
texas should have won by more if not for vince young dumb plays, the defense saved the day for ut.

you people kill me with this vince young the best in football talk.

color=#606060]
Quote:
Quote:
Mike Bickle

[

www.soberbygrace.org
post #40 of 148 (permalink) Old 09-12-2005, 12:36 AM
The Decent Guy

Quote:
Someone else who didn't watch the game........
I watched him throw the interception instead of taking the sack, then the texas D stopping OSU from getting a touchdown. there were two more times that osu started deep in texas terr. and the d held every time. if not for them texas would have lost and bad.

I was rooting for texas to win, but take the rose color glasses off and see what happened
post #41 of 148 (permalink) Old 09-12-2005, 12:39 AM
Recovering Lush

Vince threw the game winning TD, while putting almost 300 yards up on the day.....one of the int's was dumb, yes.

Quote:
I watched him throw the interception instead of taking the sack, then the texas D stopping OSU from getting a touchdown. there were two more times that osu started deep in texas terr. and the d held every time. if not for them texas would have lost and bad.

I was rooting for texas to win, but take the rose color glasses off and see what happened

color=#606060]
Quote:
Quote:
Mike Bickle

[

www.soberbygrace.org
post #42 of 148 (permalink) Old 09-12-2005, 01:03 AM
The Decent Guy

Quote:
Vince threw the game winning TD, while putting almost 300 yards up on the day.....one of the int's was dumb, yes.
but that would have just been a reg td if not for the d young isn't even the best qb in football let alone the best player
post #43 of 148 (permalink) Old 09-12-2005, 01:11 AM
Recovering Lush

you can tell us all how bad he is after he wins the heisman......

Quote:
but that would have just been a reg td if not for the d young isn't even the best qb in football let alone the best player

color=#606060]
Quote:
Quote:
Mike Bickle

[

www.soberbygrace.org
post #44 of 148 (permalink) Old 09-12-2005, 01:13 AM
AHMO!

Quote:
you can tell us all how bad he is after he wins the heisman......
bush or leinart will win the heisman.
post #45 of 148 (permalink) Old 09-12-2005, 01:22 AM
The Decent Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nasty Nate
bush or leinart will win the heisman.
I don't know about either of them winning it either.
post #46 of 148 (permalink) Old 09-12-2005, 06:06 AM
I drive a fookin Honda

Vince is becoming a guy (IMO) that will put his team on his shoulders in the 4th quarter. If his passing game continues to progress, I think he IS the best player in college right now.
post #47 of 148 (permalink) Old 09-12-2005, 09:17 AM
Trucks are slow

vince is the the comeback kid, he is unbelievable

how bout that horns defense
post #48 of 148 (permalink) Old 09-12-2005, 09:42 AM
BELIEVE, IT'S TIME!!!!

Is he good . . . yeah. But I'm just saying, Tap the Brake on Best. It's just too early. He is probably the Hardest Playing Player in NCAA. However the way he runs, he's susceptible to injury. And if he gets injured, you have to think of his McNair mentality that could make what ever injury worse. I'm just saying.

"The Pill": Helping control the Educated Population since 1960

Improve America's Education System: Have the High School Drop Outs Spayed and Neutered.

Stupid and Lazy breeds more Stupid and Lazy.

"Democracy is the worst form of government, except for all those other forms that have been tried from time to time." - Sir Winston Churchill

The DFWStangs Political Forum: Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.
post #49 of 148 (permalink) Old 09-12-2005, 09:52 AM
Never settle always excel

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlofton
Also remember Lienhart has never been in a position to choke. Put in the position Vince Young has been put in time and time again could Lienhart handle that? I really dont think so.
That is the dumbest thing I have seen posted yet. Young threw 2 INTs in Saturday nights game Lienhart threw 6 INTs all last season. I do feel that Young is a great QB but to compare him or Lienhart and say Lienhart can't handle pressure because hasn't been tested yet is senseless. The pro's were willing to bet 25 million that Lienhart could handle pressure but he choose to return to USC instead.
post #50 of 148 (permalink) Old 09-12-2005, 11:55 AM
Lifer

Damn. ProTrash and I actually agree on something! I don't know what to say...no, really!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement