Lance to Ride again? - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 09-06-2005, 01:40 PM Thread Starter
Mavs Fan For Life!

Lance to Ride again?

I like how in the first sentence and a bit down further, the story makes it seem as if Armstrong has been retired for a couple of years or something. It has only been just over a month since he retired. Does that count as a comeback...or is there a time limit that you must be retired for before it is considered a comeback??

Associated Press
AUSTIN, Texas -- Lance Armstrong is still retired -- for now.
After initially denying a report that the cycling great was thinking about making a comeback, Armstrong spokesman Mark Higgins said the "door is still open" for the seven-time Tour de France champion to come out of retirement.

"It's a possibility," Higgins said.
Armstrong first hinted that he might ride again in comments Monday to the Austin American-Statesman. After first calling the comments a joke, Higgins said Armstrong told him Tuesday he was contemplating whether to ride again.

"He's definitely a retired athlete, [but] he's still fit and riding every day, still thinking about racing," Higgins told The Associated Press after a phone conversation with the cyclist. "He said it's definitely something he's been thinking about and that the door is still open."

Armstrong retired from competitive racing after his last Tour victory in July.

Higgins said Armstrong did not set a timetable on a possible return, noting that the cyclist just got engaged to music star Sheryl Crow. Higgins said Armstrong also planned to do a lot of work with his charity foundation that benefits cancer survivor programs.

Higgins said Armstrong did not intend to publicly comment on the matter Tuesday.

Armstrong was talking to the newspaper about his engagement when he said recent allegations that he used performance enhancing drugs during the 1999 Tour de France tempted him to return.

"I'm thinking it's the best way," to anger the French, he told the newspaper. "I'm exercising every day."

The French newspaper L'Equipe reported Aug. 23 that tested showed he used banned blood booster the 1999 tour. He has strongly denied the drug allegations.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 09-06-2005, 01:46 PM
#4 Best QB Ever

Oh, he def'nitely gonna be ridin' again...
Quote:
Originally Posted by jefehbk
...the cyclist just got engaged to music star Sheryl Crow.
Who knows, maybe on a bike, too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DON SVO View Post
Women: vaginal life support.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement