"All three QBs on campus are light years ahead of Jason White in talent" - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-04-2005, 03:37 AM Thread Starter
Recovering Lush

"All three QBs on campus are light years ahead of Jason White in talent"

Ahem.............

Quote:
Originally Posted by HookEm
In 03 they werent trotting out a QB with ZERO experience.

Jason White was an unknown going into the 03 season. The only thing that was for sure, was that he had a bum knee. But he had been in the system for 3 years. Much like Paul Thompson this year.

Quote:
=This is pure spin: NO ONE has been waiting 4 years to trot out a big fat ? at qb, in any program, in the history of college football.

Pure Spin? Its been said from day 1 (2001) , that Chuck Long has an offensive playbook based on a mobile QB. He has not been able to fully utilize the offensive sets because the lack there of. (Hybl/White)

Outsiders looking in, only see it as having to play a quarterback with no playing experience. Yet, Paul Thompson has been in the system for 3 years now, and many supporters wanted Thompson to start over White last season. He is of the Vince Young mold (athletically), yet has the arm to compliment his running ability. And its still my opinion, that Thompson will no longer be the starter by the time the Texas game rolls around.

Rhett Bomar is doing things physically, that I've never seen done by a College Quarterback. He is a student of the game, and a coaches son as well. I've never seen a white boy with wheels like him, yet hes deadly accurate as well. He will be the next great Sooner. If you think there will be a decline in QB play, you are greatly mistaken.

Quote:
1. VY and TX are in a bad spot because, even though they trotted out a crew of Frosh WRs last year, he is unproven and one-dimensional

Abesolutely not. They are not in a bad spot in any way. But to deny that VY is one dimensional is laughable at best. Against the lesser opponants, he will definately shine. But playing at the "shoe" against Ohio State, and playing in the Cotton Bowl against Oklahoma will be a different thing.

What changes have been made offensively to show that they will score more than 0 points this year?

Does Cedric Benson leaving, really improve the offense that much?

The zone read becomes ALOT less effective without Benson.

Quote:
2. OU is trotting out a big fat ? at QB

Once again..the only ones questioning the QB position, are the ones not "in the know." All three QBs on campus are light years ahead of Jason White in talent. Chuck Long is known for developing his QBs to play in his system. And now...for the first time in his stay at Oklahoma, they will truly be able to run his offense. I've watched it all spring. It is truly different than anythign I've seen. (Although some similarities to Utah, and Louisville) With alot more option.

From what I have seen so far this spring/summer, Im am Giddy at the thought of Rhett Bomar running this squad. Afterall, most of last years freshmen recruiting services had Adrian Peterson, Ted Ginn Jr. and Rhett Bomar listed as 1,2,3. And you know what those other two guys did.

All in All, there are no guarantees from me either, but if there is an argument for the decline in the success at Oklahoma, the Quarterback play should be last on your list.

color=#606060]
Quote:
"The Father-heart of God was... thrilled with me -- an immature, mess-making spiritual infant... My heavenly Father was enjoying me while I was yet in the process of maturing, not sighing in disgust and waiting impatiently until I grew up. He loved and longed for me; He felt proud and was excited over me while I was falling short."
Quote:
Mike Bickle

[

Sober By Grace Ministries: A Ministry of The James 2:26 Project
[size=1]Where New Beginnings Start
www.soberbygrace.org
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-04-2005, 04:05 AM
Lifer

dude, what are you trying to say? am i missing something, are you trying to make excuses for ou losing against tcu today? i couldve sworn you were a texas fan not ou. i dont know i guess nobody really needs to hear why ou might not be as good as last year.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-04-2005, 04:08 AM Thread Starter
Recovering Lush

It's a repost from a certain poster a few weeks ago.....you should remember, you argued venhemently with him over it.....
https://www.dfwstangs.net/forums/show...light=thompson

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicotino15
dude, what are you trying to say? am i missing something, are you trying to make excuses for ou losing against tcu today? i couldve sworn you were a texas fan not ou. i dont know i guess nobody really needs to hear why ou might not be as good as last year.

color=#606060]
Quote:
"The Father-heart of God was... thrilled with me -- an immature, mess-making spiritual infant... My heavenly Father was enjoying me while I was yet in the process of maturing, not sighing in disgust and waiting impatiently until I grew up. He loved and longed for me; He felt proud and was excited over me while I was falling short."
Quote:
Mike Bickle

[

Sober By Grace Ministries: A Ministry of The James 2:26 Project
[size=1]Where New Beginnings Start
www.soberbygrace.org

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-04-2005, 11:46 AM
Trucks are slow

Yeah, those OU qb's look real good , that thompson kid looked scared the whole game, where is that big mouth sooner at now?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement