A&M going down - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 38 (permalink) Old 09-03-2005, 09:31 PM Thread Starter
Lifer

A&M going down

...like a $5 hooker! Holy Shit, what a day for a Longhorn!

CHL holder and Conservative...AKA "Domestic Terrorist"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 38 (permalink) Old 09-03-2005, 09:40 PM
Along for the ride

I must say i'm disappointed. I knew it would be a tough game but we look like we are the same team we left off last season as. I was hoping we'd be much improved. Reggie looked uncomfortable and hesitant. Defensive made stops in the red zone but that just wasn't good enough. Oh well, hopefully we can step it up come conference play.

Gig 'em.

Marcus

'92 Emerald Green Mustang LX Hatch 5.0
post #3 of 38 (permalink) Old 09-03-2005, 09:43 PM
BOOSTED32V Jr.

Just another fold by A&M in their very first game of the season. I watched most of the last quarter after I got off of work tonight. If they play like that against Texas it is gonna be ugly!

-1998 Cobra - Vortech SQ-Trim powered - BAD-SVT Jr.

459.1rwhp/368.5rwtq on 8#'s of boost

Upcoming mods: 2008 Mustang GT or 2003-up BMW M3

post #4 of 38 (permalink) Old 09-03-2005, 09:44 PM
190hp4banger

they looked good in the beginning of the game, then they seemed to struggle.
post #5 of 38 (permalink) Old 09-03-2005, 09:47 PM
Raiden Wins

Hahahahaha.
post #6 of 38 (permalink) Old 09-03-2005, 09:48 PM
Lifer

looked better then osu did, even though we won. i think a&m will have a good year, but i know it sucks losing an ooc game like that.
post #7 of 38 (permalink) Old 09-03-2005, 09:48 PM

89 Coupe
02 GT
post #8 of 38 (permalink) Old 09-03-2005, 10:04 PM
Got Lateral G's??

If anyone can turn around shitty coaching on both sides of the ball, Fran Can!

In all fairness, it probably isn't all Franchioni's fault. I mostly blame the Athletic director and the overall program as they just can't seem to bring a quality coaching staff to the table. Special teams and especially the QB coaching staff have sucked ass for the last 7 years. Defense has remained consistant but the last couple of years the wrecking crew has not really been up to par to keep games closer for the Offense to catch up.

I hope they do better I am still predicting 6-6 or worse.....

Looking for sponsorships for 2010 on the car above... PM for details and schedule.

I'm a mod motor GOD! LOL!
post #9 of 38 (permalink) Old 09-03-2005, 11:41 PM
Raiden Wins

Someone post the Bryan-College Station rap video.
post #10 of 38 (permalink) Old 09-03-2005, 11:54 PM
1bdmfr

Quote:
Originally Posted by def1eppard
Someone post the Bryan-College Station rap video.
www.btlproductions.com/raiseup.wmv

shit, its been so long since ive watched that... i forgot how shitty it is
post #11 of 38 (permalink) Old 09-04-2005, 12:33 AM
BELIEVE, IT'S TIME!!!!

Eh

"The Pill": Helping control the Educated Population since 1960

Improve America's Education System: Have the High School Drop Outs Spayed and Neutered.

Stupid and Lazy breeds more Stupid and Lazy.

"Democracy is the worst form of government, except for all those other forms that have been tried from time to time." - Sir Winston Churchill

The DFWStangs Political Forum: Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.
post #12 of 38 (permalink) Old 09-04-2005, 02:31 AM
Mavs Fan For Life!

I am shocked a little that A&M lost, I was hoping for them to win. Nothing against Clemson, they are a decent team though.

All I can say about oklahoma....

looks like trouble brewing in Norman....Thompson and Bomar passing numbers look like crap and Petersons rushing avg. (2.9 yds/carry) wont get it done.
post #13 of 38 (permalink) Old 09-04-2005, 08:04 AM
Along for the ride

Quote:
Originally Posted by aggie97
If anyone can turn around shitty coaching on both sides of the ball, Fran Can!

In all fairness, it probably isn't all Franchioni's fault. I mostly blame the Athletic director and the overall program as they just can't seem to bring a quality coaching staff to the table. Special teams and especially the QB coaching staff have sucked ass for the last 7 years. Defense has remained consistant but the last couple of years the wrecking crew has not really been up to par to keep games closer for the Offense to catch up.

I hope they do better I am still predicting 6-6 or worse.....
I'm not ready to jump off the wagon just yet. Although this loss really hurt, it was against a tough opponent in a tough environment. I still think we'll hopefully atleast go 7-4 and possibly even 8-3 depending on how we finish the season against TTU, OU, and UT. Bottom line is we have to eliminate the penalties, keep turnovers to a minimum, and Reggie needs to step up when passing. One positive is that Courtney Lewis played pretty well.

Gig 'em Ags.

Marcus

post #14 of 38 (permalink) Old 09-04-2005, 09:18 AM
AHMO!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Who Needs 8
Eh
excellent defense/post for your boys maston.....
post #15 of 38 (permalink) Old 09-04-2005, 10:56 AM
Recovering Lush

While I respect your steadfastness, I must point out a few things:

Clemson was an unranked opponent. Period. Ags was at what? 17ish? As to RM, this makes big game # 6 for him- 2 against rivals TX and Tech, the bowl game, and this, and he's gone 1-5.

Lewis did look good, I agree....but I don't see much difference from last years team. They are now 1-5 over the last 6 games.

As to competing with Tech and Texas.....unless something changes drastically, not this year, my friend. OU? As long as they dont have a QB, they can compete.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2cammer97
I'm not ready to jump off the wagon just yet. Although this loss really hurt, it was against a tough opponent in a tough environment. I still think we'll hopefully atleast go 7-4 and possibly even 8-3 depending on how we finish the season against TTU, OU, and UT. Bottom line is we have to eliminate the penalties, keep turnovers to a minimum, and Reggie needs to step up when passing. One positive is that Courtney Lewis played pretty well.

Gig 'em Ags.

Marcus

color=#606060]
Quote:
"The Father-heart of God was... thrilled with me -- an immature, mess-making spiritual infant... My heavenly Father was enjoying me while I was yet in the process of maturing, not sighing in disgust and waiting impatiently until I grew up. He loved and longed for me; He felt proud and was excited over me while I was falling short."
Quote:
Mike Bickle

[

Sober By Grace Ministries: A Ministry of The James 2:26 Project
[size=1]Where New Beginnings Start
www.soberbygrace.org
post #16 of 38 (permalink) Old 09-04-2005, 05:09 PM
Along for the ride

My other question is why Fran didn't go for two when we scored our last touchdown? No difference between being up by 1 or 2? Oh well, time to move on to the next game and hope we learn from this and play better from here on out.

Go Ags!

Marcus

post #17 of 38 (permalink) Old 09-05-2005, 01:16 PM
Got Lateral G's??

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2cammer97
My other question is why Fran didn't go for two when we scored our last touchdown? No difference between being up by 1 or 2? Oh well, time to move on to the next game and hope we learn from this and play better from here on out.

Go Ags!

Marcus
Because Fran is an even weaker and less ballsy coach than RC was... He is way too conservative.

Looking for sponsorships for 2010 on the car above... PM for details and schedule.

post #18 of 38 (permalink) Old 09-05-2005, 03:19 PM
Recovering Lush

Quote:
Because Fran is an even weaker and less ballsy coach than RC was... He is way too conservative.
RC woulda gone for two. After further review, I think A&M loses 5, possible 6 games. In any case, they wont be bowl elgible, even if they only drop 5., with Texas St being one of their wins:
Ls: @ Colorado...Ags cant do it on the road, Texas, OU, Tech, and KSU is a swing game....

color=#606060]
Quote:
"The Father-heart of God was... thrilled with me -- an immature, mess-making spiritual infant... My heavenly Father was enjoying me while I was yet in the process of maturing, not sighing in disgust and waiting impatiently until I grew up. He loved and longed for me; He felt proud and was excited over me while I was falling short."
Quote:
Mike Bickle

[

www.soberbygrace.org
post #19 of 38 (permalink) Old 09-05-2005, 06:24 PM
Time Served

I think A&M will beat OU this year, if the receivers woulda caught all those passes that hit them in the hands i think the game woulda turned out different. McNeal looked like he was doin fine in my opinion, same with courtney lewis. The defense needs to beef up, and the receivers need to catch and the team as a whole doesnt need to make dumbass mistakes. It was the first game, anything is still possible...
post #20 of 38 (permalink) Old 09-05-2005, 06:29 PM
Recovering Lush

RM was uber-unimpressive. How is A&M gonna beat OU on the road, when this same team[basically] couldn't beat BAYLOR on the road?
2 wins on the road under Frannie..........
Lewis did look good, however.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJirish08
I think A&M will beat OU this year, if the receivers woulda caught all those passes that hit them in the hands i think the game woulda turned out different. McNeal looked like he was doin fine in my opinion, same with courtney lewis. The defense needs to beef up, and the receivers need to catch and the team as a whole doesnt need to make dumbass mistakes. It was the first game, anything is still possible...

color=#606060]
Quote:
Quote:
Mike Bickle

[

www.soberbygrace.org
post #21 of 38 (permalink) Old 09-05-2005, 06:30 PM
Time Served

OU lost to TCU, adrian peterson only ran for 60 yards, they lost a ton of seniors.
post #22 of 38 (permalink) Old 09-05-2005, 06:31 PM
Recovering Lush

Meanwhile, A&M lost to an unranked Clemson team, with two rookie coordinators, and a 2nd string QB......

Quote:
OU lost to TCU, adrian peterson only ran for 60 yards, they lost a ton of seniors.

color=#606060]
Quote:
Quote:
Mike Bickle

[

www.soberbygrace.org
post #23 of 38 (permalink) Old 09-05-2005, 06:33 PM
Time Served

A&M was only a 1 point favorite for this game, i admit they totally shoulda won and they messed it up but it wasnt like a huge upset or anything.
post #24 of 38 (permalink) Old 09-05-2005, 06:36 PM
Recovering Lush

The starting QB was out of the game much of the 4th quarter.......Fran's screw up may very well cost the Ags a bowl game.

Quote:
A&M was only a 1 point favorite for this game, i admit they totally shoulda won and they messed it up but it wasnt like a huge upset or anything.

color=#606060]
Quote:
Quote:
Mike Bickle

[

www.soberbygrace.org
post #25 of 38 (permalink) Old 09-05-2005, 06:52 PM
Got Lateral G's??

I think the big problem is coaching. The talent is there, it just needs to be brought to the surface and coordinated into a win. RC had the same problem because he was a racist redneck bastard that had the team divided into a "black" bus and a "white" bus. This wasn't too extreme but was prevalent enough to split the team.

Fran is a good coach. However, they need a GREAT coach that can clean house with the coaching staff and rebuild the team from the coaching side. He might not have the power to do it and if so, the AD needs to claim the responsibility for that.

In my mind, Fran's only mistake was taking the job on A&M's terms. A great coach would have not taken the job unless he could clean house and run the program without any interference from the AD or alumni. I just don't think he has the balls it's going to take to "redesign" the entire program. If he did set the terms then I have possibly given him too much credit...

OT, but how the fuck is it that A&M starts every season ranked in the top 25. Who is getting bought that writes that stuff up? Given the teams consistant lack of performance in away games or BIG match ups, and given the difficult schedules of the last 3 years, you would think other teams would get recognized. Maybe it's just the name or there is always a need for a team to fall rapidly when they lose to higher ranked teams. Maybe it's better PR if OU or TX beats a ranked team? goes to show why I have lost interest in College football I guess.

post #26 of 38 (permalink) Old 09-05-2005, 07:30 PM
Recovering Lush

Huh? segregated buses in 1988? Right........

Quote:
I think the big problem is coaching. The talent is there, it just needs to be brought to the surface and coordinated into a win. RC had the same problem because he was a racist redneck bastard that had the team divided into a "black" bus and a "white" bus. This wasn't too extreme but was prevalent enough to split the team.

Fran is a good coach. However, they need a GREAT coach that can clean house with the coaching staff and rebuild the team from the coaching side. He might not have the power to do it and if so, the AD needs to claim the responsibility for that.

In my mind, Fran's only mistake was taking the job on A&M's terms. A great coach would have not taken the job unless he could clean house and run the program without any interference from the AD or alumni. I just don't think he has the balls it's going to take to "redesign" the entire program. If he did set the terms then I have possibly given him too much credit...

OT, but how the fuck is it that A&M starts every season ranked in the top 25. Who is getting bought that writes that stuff up? Given the teams consistant lack of performance in away games or BIG match ups, and given the difficult schedules of the last 3 years, you would think other teams would get recognized. Maybe it's just the name or there is always a need for a team to fall rapidly when they lose to higher ranked teams. Maybe it's better PR if OU or TX beats a ranked team? goes to show why I have lost interest in College football I guess.

color=#606060]
Quote:
Quote:
Mike Bickle

[

www.soberbygrace.org
post #27 of 38 (permalink) Old 09-05-2005, 08:38 PM
Recovering Lush

color=#606060]
Quote:
Quote:
Mike Bickle

[

www.soberbygrace.org
post #28 of 38 (permalink) Old 09-06-2005, 06:56 AM
Got Lateral G's??

Quote:
Originally Posted by HookEm
Huh? segregated buses in 1988? Right........
Actually, he never created a team unity and yes to 1988. The environment he created more or less divided the team....by saying created, I probably mean allowed. This is tough to explain but the black players and the white players could not ever get along. RC didn't care as "that was the way things are" was his basic redneck ideal. Instead of creating team unity, he allowed it to happen and probably added to it given his history of decisions....

Who knows, he's gone and that is the positive part. I just hope that Fran or SOMEONE for that matter can get this program turned around soon.

post #29 of 38 (permalink) Old 09-06-2005, 07:14 AM
Recovering Lush

RC was a better coach than Fran.
However as a Horn...KEEP FRAN!!!! PLEASE!!!!!

Quote:
Actually, he never created a team unity and yes to 1988. The environment he created more or less divided the team....by saying created, I probably mean allowed. This is tough to explain but the black players and the white players could not ever get along. RC didn't care as "that was the way things are" was his basic redneck ideal. Instead of creating team unity, he allowed it to happen and probably added to it given his history of decisions....

Who knows, he's gone and that is the positive part. I just hope that Fran or SOMEONE for that matter can get this program turned around soon.

color=#606060]
Quote:
Quote:
Mike Bickle

[

www.soberbygrace.org

Last edited by HookEm; 09-06-2005 at 07:58 AM.
post #30 of 38 (permalink) Old 09-06-2005, 09:08 AM
BELIEVE, IT'S TIME!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nasty Nate
excellent defense/post for your boys maston.....
There's no reason to post anything in these threads.

"The Pill": Helping control the Educated Population since 1960

Improve America's Education System: Have the High School Drop Outs Spayed and Neutered.

Stupid and Lazy breeds more Stupid and Lazy.

"Democracy is the worst form of government, except for all those other forms that have been tried from time to time." - Sir Winston Churchill

The DFWStangs Political Forum: Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.
post #31 of 38 (permalink) Old 09-06-2005, 09:22 AM
Got Lateral G's??

Quote:
RC was a better coach than Fran.
However as a Horn...KEEP FRAN!!!! PLEASE!!!!!

Ouch....maybe the AD needs to read that post?!! Sad thing is and as much as this hurts to say....you might be right.

Everyone thought I was crazy two years ago when I asked for Terry Bowden but I guess at the time, there weren't too many coaches floating around to look at for an option. Maybe Fran was the best of what was available?

Personally, I miss the A&M teams from 1993 to about 1997 and most certainly the team that played Notre Dame in the second cotton bowl game. I also miss the team from 1998-1999 for pulling a couple of the upsets of Nebraska IN Lincoln and a few of the other underdog games like the OSU game at Kyle field where I left early to get beer and heard the cannon go off 3 times before I even got out of the parking lot!!! Those were the times I was happy about A&M football when the team had heart and the defense was the true "Wrecking Crew". Call me a fair weather fan but it's been damn cold in CS for last 3 years.....

post #32 of 38 (permalink) Old 09-06-2005, 09:31 AM
Recovering Lush

Fran is a snake oil salesman, who will go where ever the $$$ is. Since arriving on campus, team discipline is on the decline, and they are no better than during RCs stint.....and still......"Old Army" seems to keep giving him a pass. Blow out loss after blow out loss to their arch rival, 1-2 against their other rival, a loss to Baylor, horrendous road performance, and now this jr high 2-point conversion coaching gaffe.

Quote:
Ouch....maybe the AD needs to read that post?!! Sad thing is and as much as this hurts to say....you might be right.

Everyone thought I was crazy two years ago when I asked for Terry Bowden but I guess at the time, there weren't too many coaches floating around to look at for an option. Maybe Fran was the best of what was available?

Personally, I miss the A&M teams from 1993 to about 1997 and most certainly the team that played Notre Dame in the second cotton bowl game. I also miss the team from 1998-1999 for pulling a couple of the upsets of Nebraska IN Lincoln and a few of the other underdog games like the OSU game at Kyle field where I left early to get beer and heard the cannon go off 3 times before I even got out of the parking lot!!! Those were the times I was happy about A&M football when the team had heart and the defense was the true "Wrecking Crew". Call me a fair weather fan but it's been damn cold in CS for last 3 years.....

color=#606060]
Quote:
Quote:
Mike Bickle

[

www.soberbygrace.org
post #33 of 38 (permalink) Old 09-06-2005, 10:31 AM
Lifer

Quote:
RC woulda gone for two. After further review, I think A&M loses 5, possible 6 games. ....
Wanna bet???
post #34 of 38 (permalink) Old 09-06-2005, 10:33 AM
Recovering Lush

I got a bet with you already, don't I?
Crown.....TX-A&M on T+1?

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrp88lx's
Wanna bet???

color=#606060]
Quote:
Quote:
Mike Bickle

[

www.soberbygrace.org
post #35 of 38 (permalink) Old 09-06-2005, 10:36 AM
Lifer

Quote:
I got a bet with you already, don't I?
Crown.....TX-A&M on T+1?
Yep thats on the tu vs A&M game, Im talking about whether or not A&M loses 5 this yr.
post #36 of 38 (permalink) Old 09-06-2005, 10:41 AM
Recovering Lush

I have to think on it....
We have a bit of a Catch-22:
1. I'd like to see a little more of the Ags, before I place $$$$ on my words.
2. One less game in the season is that much more unfair to the nature of this type of bet.

Who does A&M play this week? TSU?

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrp88lx's
Yep thats on the tu vs A&M game, Im talking about whether or not A&M loses 5 this yr.

color=#606060]
Quote:
Quote:
Mike Bickle

[

www.soberbygrace.org
post #37 of 38 (permalink) Old 09-06-2005, 10:59 AM

Smu

89 Coupe
02 GT
post #38 of 38 (permalink) Old 09-06-2005, 12:03 PM
Lifer

Quote:
I have to think on it....
We have a bit of a Catch-22:
1. I'd like to see a little more of the Ags, before I place $$$$ on my words.
2. One less game in the season is that much more unfair to the nature of this type of bet.

Who does A&M play this week? TSU?
A&M is idle this week, then SMU.

Thats my point to jump to statements being made from the result of the first game of the season on the road in a difficult environment, to be fair and consistent youd have to say OU will lose 6 games this yr, after all they lost to an unranked opponent, on their home field no less and certainly did not look so spectacular especially their heisman candidate RB and the coaching left alot to be desired!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement