Rank the Big 12 South - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 33 (permalink) Old 08-24-2005, 12:12 PM Thread Starter
Recovering Lush

Rank the Big 12 South

1. Texas: if, and only if, they get over the mental block they have with OU.
2. Oklahoma: unproven qb, but may end up #1 if UT cant their head straight.
3. TTech: continues winning streak over a&m at home. just a notch below Texas and OU. Defense is markedly improved.
4. A&M: bad year to be in the big 12. Questionable defense with slow corners will force the O to put up a LOT of points.
5. Oklahoma State: could gel quicker than many expect and finish as high as 3rd.
6. Baylor: what's to say? Though they will be 4-0 going into their Ag game........ No way Baylor pulls that off twice.

color=#606060]
Quote:
"The Father-heart of God was... thrilled with me -- an immature, mess-making spiritual infant... My heavenly Father was enjoying me while I was yet in the process of maturing, not sighing in disgust and waiting impatiently until I grew up. He loved and longed for me; He felt proud and was excited over me while I was falling short."
Quote:
Mike Bickle

[

Sober By Grace Ministries: A Ministry of The James 2:26 Project
[size=1]Where New Beginnings Start
www.soberbygrace.org
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 33 (permalink) Old 08-24-2005, 01:33 PM
Time Served

texas-good all around, everything depends on young though
ttech- another high powered offense with an improved defense
t3 ou- will have a down year, without a big passing game peterson will not do near as much as last year
t3 a&m- could finish second could flop, who knows with them, since texas and ou prob won't have a real strong passing game they should do alright
ok state- rebuilding
baylor-better than last year but will still finish at the bottom

just my uneducated guesses
post #3 of 33 (permalink) Old 08-25-2005, 07:10 AM
No Cerveza... No Trabajo

1. Texas - Losing Benson will hurt, but the front lines will still dominate.
2. OU - Even with Peterson, they lost way too many people. If they get past Texas they could go on with a goose egg in the loss column and compete for the NC.
3. A&M - Actually a really good shot this year but the schedule will keep them down
4. Tech - I see Tech as participating in a game of no limit hold 'em. They could go all in and get lucky, but the highs and lows of their game will even out and keep them from going any higher than 4th.
5. Ok St - new coaches, transition season
6. Baylor - well, just because they are Baylor. Only win in conference may come from A&M.

post #4 of 33 (permalink) Old 08-25-2005, 07:22 AM Thread Starter
Recovering Lush

the end is nigh....our picks match top to bottom, but for the flip flop of Tech/Ag.
The only reason I saw it the way I did was due to the fact that the Ags just cant seem to beat Tech on the road. Or anyone, for that matter (2 road Ws in 2 years?????)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 01WhiteCobra
1. Texas - Losing Benson will hurt, but the front lines will still dominate.
2. OU - Even with Peterson, they lost way too many people. If they get past Texas they could go on with a goose egg in the loss column and compete for the NC.
3. A&M - Actually a really good shot this year but the schedule will keep them down
4. Tech - I see Tech as participating in a game of no limit hold 'em. They could go all in and get lucky, but the highs and lows of their game will even out and keep them from going any higher than 4th.
5. Ok St - new coaches, transition season
6. Baylor - well, just because they are Baylor. Only win in conference may come from A&M.

color=#606060]
Quote:
"The Father-heart of God was... thrilled with me -- an immature, mess-making spiritual infant... My heavenly Father was enjoying me while I was yet in the process of maturing, not sighing in disgust and waiting impatiently until I grew up. He loved and longed for me; He felt proud and was excited over me while I was falling short."
Quote:
Mike Bickle

[

www.soberbygrace.org
post #5 of 33 (permalink) Old 08-25-2005, 08:09 AM
Lifer

1. OU
2. tu - Until tu beats OU they stay in second.
3. TT
4. A&M - Until A&M beats tu and TT they stay 4th.
5. Ok St.
6> Baylor

tu needs to win against OU before they are a legitimate national title contender and A&M needs to be consistent in the conference and beat teams they should (Baylor) and teams they haven't been able to lately (tu and TT) before either declares themself better than the others IMO.

One
Big
Ass
Mistake
America

If you like the IRS, DMV and the Post Office, you will love Obamacare!

“An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life.”
Robert A. Heinlein

I have to agree with a quote from former Treasury Secretary William E. Simon: "Bad politicians are sent to Washington by good people who don't vote."
post #6 of 33 (permalink) Old 08-25-2005, 10:35 AM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLOW PEICE
t3 ou- will have a down year, without a big passing game peterson will not do near as much as last year
Im still amazed at the number of people who always make this comment.

Chuck Long is a "system" Offensive Coordinator. It doesnt matter who takes the snaps at QB....the passing offense will be there. The QBs on campus right now are "Leaps and Bounds" better than (Heisman Trophy Winner) Jason White.

post #7 of 33 (permalink) Old 08-25-2005, 10:41 AM
Sports weenie @ full attn

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99BRINGIT

Chuck Long is a "system" Offensive Coordinator. It doesnt matter who takes the snaps at QB....the passing offense will be there. The QBs on campus right now are "Leaps and Bounds" better than (Heisman Trophy Winner) Jason White.
I agree to a certain extent, but if you put a scrambling quarterback in that system that revolves around pocket passing, then you might have an issue. I don't think Paul Thompson will have the same success as Heipel, Hybl, or White.

post #8 of 33 (permalink) Old 08-25-2005, 04:25 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZYouL8R
I agree to a certain extent, but if you put a scrambling quarterback in that system that revolves around pocket passing, then you might have an issue. I don't think Paul Thompson will have the same success as Heipel, Hybl, or White.
Heupel, Hybl, and White were students of the game. They learned the system well. But where are they today? Hybl is a 3rd string guy in Cleveland. Neither if those guys had the ability that Paul Thompson or Rhett Bomar has. Once again...its nothing more than the system. With the abilities of these young guns, the sky is the limit for the offense. (To see a guy like Rhett Bomar running it, is very impressive. If he was a leftie...I'd say hes a spittin image of Steve Young. But for now, he is drawing comparisons to John Elway. Either way...he is the best QB that OU will ever have.)

The offensive scheme is basically the same, minus the fact that is is now based on a spread option to take advantage of the mobility of the QB of choice. Thats where EVERYBODY is making the mistake about these QB's. Thompson and Bomar ARE NOT just running QBs that can "kind of throw." (i.e. VY, R Mcneal) They both have incredible arms as well as incredible speed. (Paul Thompson has now been in this system for 3 years now)

All opinions are merely that....and I have mine as well. I'm not trying to say that they will be World beaters in 05'. There will surely have to be somewhat of a decline over the last 2 years. (2 straight undefeated regular seasons) Blame it on the offensive line, blame it on the Defense....I dont care. But for everyone that says the decline will be because of Quarterback play is in for a huge surprise. Most here that have gone to all the scrimmages, and seen all the practices are down right "Giddy," and would probaby say Oklahoma has made a improvement in the QB department. (Whether all the pieces will fall into place is another thing) The same people were calling for Paul Thompson to play in 03' even though Jason White had just won a Heisman. (Hes that good) (And Rhett Bomar is even better. He will just have to wait 2-3 games to prove it.)

post #9 of 33 (permalink) Old 08-25-2005, 04:31 PM

OU
TU
A&M
TT
OK st.
BU

89 Coupe
02 GT
post #10 of 33 (permalink) Old 08-26-2005, 08:40 AM
Time Served

Quote:

didn't mean to piss you off
I was just giving my opinion to the question, if they have a scrambling quarterback then wouldn't that also reduce the yards peterson will get and make him less of a threat?
post #11 of 33 (permalink) Old 08-26-2005, 12:05 PM
Time Served

texas
ou
a&m
tt
baylor
ok st
post #12 of 33 (permalink) Old 08-26-2005, 12:53 PM
-----------------------

Quote:
I was just giving my opinion to the question, if they have a scrambling quarterback then wouldn't that also reduce the yards peterson will get and make him less of a threat?

you obviously know little to nothing about football. Yeah, if we have a mobile quarterback, that will make Peterson less of a threat Just like Texas with Benson and Young last year.
post #13 of 33 (permalink) Old 08-26-2005, 01:44 PM
Trucks are slow

texas-young is most dynamic qb in the nation
ou-peterson is a beast
the rest.........who cares
post #14 of 33 (permalink) Old 08-27-2005, 03:31 PM
Lifer

Quote:

Your comment didnt bother me in the least bit. I was just sharing my opinion as well.

post #15 of 33 (permalink) Old 08-28-2005, 05:53 PM
gear jammer

Ut
Ou
Tt
A&m
Osu
Bu

On a side note...just picked up my 40 yard line seats to the Utah-Arizona game Friday night.Damn I love this time of the year

Live..ride..dream

1998 Suzuki TL1000
1983 HD FXSB
post #16 of 33 (permalink) Old 08-29-2005, 10:18 AM
BOOMER SOONER!

It's a 2 team race & the winner on October 8th takes the crown in my opinion. Tech & A&M are gonna play decent, but they are still playing catch up to OU & UT.

BOOMER SOONER!!!

With that said....

1. OU(until UT proves otherwise)
2. UT(has potential to be a powerhouse, but do they have the mental game?)
3. Tech(offense will put up sick #'s & the defense is a little better)
4. A&M(should be fun to watch & might suprise some folks)
5.Ok St.
6.Baylor
post #17 of 33 (permalink) Old 08-29-2005, 12:30 PM
Time Served

Quote:
Your comment didnt bother me in the least bit. I was just sharing my opinion as well.
Cool then , some people just take this to personally
post #18 of 33 (permalink) Old 08-30-2005, 08:44 PM
Lifer

TU
OU
A&M
TT
OSU
Bay
post #19 of 33 (permalink) Old 08-30-2005, 08:47 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidnightRunner
texas-young is most dynamic qb in the nation
ou-peterson is a beast
the rest.........who cares
While young had his coming out party last year, Reggie can be just as dramatic, 2 outstanding QB's that will be fun to watch this yr!!!
post #20 of 33 (permalink) Old 09-02-2005, 09:00 AM
Never settle always excel

1..OU- They seem to be able each year, Stoops seems to be on top of it.

2. Texas- Could be #1 easily this year if they believe they can take out OU, this is their question?

3/4 Tie = A&M or Tech- A&M is looking good this year across the board and was only 13 down at the end of the UT game last season. Tech has a great QB in BJ Symons and Coach Leach seems to get the job done every year.

5 OU - Learning Season

6 Baylor - They have been known to pull off a big one.
post #21 of 33 (permalink) Old 09-02-2005, 09:45 AM
Back To Normal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pro Trash
3/4 Tie = A&M or Tech- A&M is looking good this year across the board and was only 13 down at the end of the UT game last season. Tech has a great QB in BJ Symons and Coach Leach seems to get the job done every year.
Uhhhh.....I think you need to catch up with NCAA Football. BJ Symons graduated over a year ago.

Texan By Birth, Techsan By Choice.
post #22 of 33 (permalink) Old 09-03-2005, 03:45 PM
Lifer

haha, i think everybodys opinion will probably change after today.
mine-
tx
a&m
ttech
osu
ou
baylor
post #23 of 33 (permalink) Old 09-03-2005, 07:55 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicotino15
haha, i think everybodys opinion will probably change after today.
mine-
tx
a&m
ttech
osu
ou
baylor
You might want to put ou below baylor.
post #24 of 33 (permalink) Old 09-03-2005, 08:50 PM
Lifer

damn, i am a little unhappy with our game...we got some work to do.
post #25 of 33 (permalink) Old 09-03-2005, 08:53 PM
Lifer

ill put ou last and texas first...thats about all i can say after the game today....UT hookem'
post #26 of 33 (permalink) Old 09-03-2005, 09:34 PM Thread Starter
Recovering Lush

Texas
TTech
Oklahoma
OSU
A&M
Baylor

color=#606060]
Quote:
Quote:
Mike Bickle

[

www.soberbygrace.org
post #27 of 33 (permalink) Old 09-03-2005, 09:40 PM
Lifer

Might be a little crow being eaten tonight after these games today! All you Aggies and Sooners, stand up and be counted!!! *crickets chirping*

CHL holder and Conservative...AKA "Domestic Terrorist"
post #28 of 33 (permalink) Old 09-03-2005, 09:41 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by HookEm
Texas
TTech
Oklahoma
OSU
A&M
Baylor
that is a little different. you might be on to something though, i have a feeling that a&m is better then ou, and osu too. did you see our game? we looked pretty bad.

He is looking to drop a dime on USC. Let me be the first to tell you guys.........Oklahoma will come to play, and Oklahoma will win BIG.
post #29 of 33 (permalink) Old 09-03-2005, 09:42 PM
Along for the ride

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vertnut
Might be a little crow being eaten tonight after these games today! All you Aggies and Sooners, stand up and be counted!!! *crickets chirping*
I already posted in your other thread. I still am optimistic that come big 12 time we will step up.

Marcus

'92 Emerald Green Mustang LX Hatch 5.0
post #30 of 33 (permalink) Old 09-03-2005, 09:44 PM
Lifer

Clemson has a habit of beating top 25 teams at home. I saw where they put real tombstones out for the teams they beat...that's cold-blooded. Francione will make them better, and soon.

CHL holder and Conservative...AKA "Domestic Terrorist"
post #31 of 33 (permalink) Old 09-04-2005, 01:11 AM
Sports weenie @ full attn

Quote:
Am I ever wrong?

post #32 of 33 (permalink) Old 09-04-2005, 10:47 AM
Lifer

Quote:
Am I ever wrong?
yes
post #33 of 33 (permalink) Old 09-07-2005, 02:47 PM
Time Served

Texas
Oklahoma
OSU