More moves in the world of Hockey - DFWstangs Forums
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-23-2005, 08:05 PM Thread Starter
Ultimate X-phoria
 
Hollywood's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Not now chief, i'm in the fuckin zone
Posts: 19,895
More moves in the world of Hockey

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story.asp...20&hubName=nhl

Dany Heatley and Marian Hossa in a blockbuster trade.


http://www.tsn.ca/news_story.asp?ID=134361&hubName=nhl
Ruchin moves to the Rangers in what looks to be a salary dump by the Ducks

Other moves:
Coyotes acquire LeClerc from Ducks
Capitals sign 'the other' Petr Sykora
Free agent Selanne returns to Ducks
Hollywood is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-23-2005, 09:47 PM
BOOSTED32V Jr.
 
SVTVenom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: The 40 Acres
Posts: 12,385
Ottawa got the short end of that deal for sure!

Selanne lost a step after he left the Ducks. Kairya was never the same after he got layed out either.

-1998 Cobra - Vortech SQ-Trim powered - BAD-SVT Jr.

459.1rwhp/368.5rwtq on 8#'s of boost

Upcoming mods: 2008 Mustang GT or 2003-up BMW M3
SVTVenom is offline  
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-23-2005, 10:49 PM
Sports weenie @ full attn
 
ZYouL8R's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Laughlin AFB
Posts: 5,638
Hopefully Heatley will keep the deaths to a minimum.

ZYouL8R is offline  
 
post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-24-2005, 12:32 AM
Lifer
 
LannyN9NE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Valley Ranch
Posts: 3,205
Quote:
Originally Posted by SVTVenom
Ottawa got the short end of that deal for sure!

Selanne lost a step after he left the Ducks. Kairya was never the same after he got layed out either.
Youre right about Ottawa but with that trade it should allow them to keep Redden, which is a big key for their defense.

Its been said that Selanne has been playing on a bad knee for the past 2 seasons and he had that fixed during the lockout so who knows, maybe the Finnish Flash will be back.
LannyN9NE is offline  
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-25-2005, 08:05 AM Thread Starter
Ultimate X-phoria
 
Hollywood's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Not now chief, i'm in the fuckin zone
Posts: 19,895
http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/feature.asp?fid=10407

Dallas Stars - Signed forward Jussi Jokinen to a two-year contract, forward Loui Eriksson, goaltender Tobias Stephan and defenceman Nicklas Grossman to three-year contracts and defenceman Dan Jancevski to a one-year contract

Tampa Bay Lightning - Re-signed forward Martin St. Louis to a six-year contract.

New York Rangers - Acquired centre Steve Rucchin from the Mighty Ducks of Anaheim for Trevor Gillies and a conditional pick in the 2007 draft.
Hollywood is offline  
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-25-2005, 10:52 AM Thread Starter
Ultimate X-phoria
 
Hollywood's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Not now chief, i'm in the fuckin zone
Posts: 19,895
http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/

Luongo loses arbitration.

I have a feeling he wants out of Florida. He's a bad ass and if moved to the right team, he's going to make a contender out of them. He doesn't become a UFA for 2 years, but seeing how Keenan is a hardass, I would be surprised if Luongo convinced them to trade him.
Hollywood is offline  
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-25-2005, 04:05 PM Thread Starter
Ultimate X-phoria
 
Hollywood's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Not now chief, i'm in the fuckin zone
Posts: 19,895
Hollywood is offline  
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-26-2005, 05:08 PM
PC HATER!!
 
dallasstars281's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: middle of nowhere
Posts: 2,216
Go Stars!!!!!!!!!!!!

Life is like a box of chocolates, you never know what you're going to get.
-forrest gump

[IMG]
dallasstars281 is offline  
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-26-2005, 09:27 PM
I'm going Commando
 
RyanB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: 469-323-7873
Posts: 7,526
No way Ottawa got the bad end of that deal. Heatley is a GREAT young player, Hossa is a nice winger who is stronger than he looks but isnt the Alfresson type to go into traffic areas, or a mean streak with a nose for the net like Havlat. Therefore the Senators found him to be expendable. Heatley on the other hand can play center or left wing and will go to the net, is responsible on defense and can play the point on the power play. I kind of hated to see de Vries go to Atlanta in the deal. I've never been fond of him as a player but he always played the "role player" to a 'T' and was very versatile. Heatley will have more points and a better plus minus than Hossa/de Vries combined. Besides who is gonna set up Hossa and Kovalchuk? Marc Savard? If he's healthy....and speaking of health Heatley isn't the only player in this deal to destroy another's hockey career.

-RyanB
RyanB is offline  
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-26-2005, 11:23 PM Thread Starter
Ultimate X-phoria
 
Hollywood's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Not now chief, i'm in the fuckin zone
Posts: 19,895
Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanB
No way Ottawa got the bad end of that deal. Heatley is a GREAT young player, Hossa is a nice winger who is stronger than he looks but isnt the Alfresson type to go into traffic areas, or a mean streak with a nose for the net like Havlat. Therefore the Senators found him to be expendable. Heatley on the other hand can play center or left wing and will go to the net, is responsible on defense and can play the point on the power play. I kind of hated to see de Vries go to Atlanta in the deal. I've never been fond of him as a player but he always played the "role player" to a 'T' and was very versatile. Heatley will have more points and a better plus minus than Hossa/de Vries combined. Besides who is gonna set up Hossa and Kovalchuk? Marc Savard? If he's healthy....and speaking of health Heatley isn't the only player in this deal to destroy another's hockey career.

-RyanB
Heatley should have a great career ahead of him. Not many players in this era score 40+ goals in their second season in the league.
Hollywood is offline  
post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-04-2005, 12:53 AM
D
Sofa Kingdom
 
D's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Rapid City, SD
Posts: 9,335
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood
http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/

Luongo loses arbitration.

I have a feeling he wants out of Florida. He's a bad ass and if moved to the right team, he's going to make a contender out of them. He doesn't become a UFA for 2 years, but seeing how Keenan is a hardass, I would be surprised if Luongo convinced them to trade him.
I read somewhere, forget where, that Colorado was looking at Luongo and that's where he wants to go. My question is why the fuckin heck would Colorado want Luongo? Is Aebischer not good enough? Colorado had a mediocre season at best last year and that guy still won over 30 games and had one of the lowest GAA in team history. That says a lot since the best goaltender in history played there for x-amount of years.

D is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Bookmarks

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the DFWstangs Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome