NFL Fantasy Help- Who are your top Running Backs? - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-11-2005, 08:43 AM Thread Starter
Lifer

NFL Fantasy Help- Who are your top Running Backs?

Was wondering which RB's ya think will do good this year. I was thinking RB picks would go in the following order:

1. LT
2. Portis
3. Green
4. Jamal
5. Holmes
6. McAllister
7. Alexander

What about the non-obvious picks not on the list above. Looking for some good 2nd round picks like C. Martin was for me last year. Do any of the rookies like Cederic or Cadillac look decent? RW in Miami worth it? Is JJ in Dallas a solid 2nd round or more of a 3rd round?

Just doing some prep work for the draft.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-11-2005, 09:11 AM
Sports weenie @ full attn

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJ-95GT
Was wondering which RB's ya think will do good this year. I was thinking RB picks would go in the following order:

1. LT
2. Portis
3. Green
4. Jamal
5. Holmes
6. McAllister
7. Alexander

What about the non-obvious picks not on the list above. Looking for some good 2nd round picks like C. Martin was for me last year. Do any of the rookies like Cederic or Cadillac look decent? RW in Miami worth it? Is JJ in Dallas a solid 2nd round or more of a 3rd round?

1. LT
2. Holmes. Even though this is risky, he has produced the past 2 years.
3. Jamal. Ravens still won't have a passing attack. As long as he doesn't get arrested he'll have 1800 yards.
4. Green. Screwed me big time last year, so I think he's due.
5. McAllister. He's consistant as long as he's healthy.
6. Alexander. Might rely on him a little more this year w/o Koren Robinson.
7. Portis. Never trust a Redskin.

I haven't followed Cedric yet this year, but he didn't get any carries in the first exhibition. I wouldn't touch Ricky Williams w/ a 10 foot pole unless it was the 8th round or something. Julius Jones would be a 3rd round pick I think.

This is all my opinion of course.

post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-11-2005, 11:29 AM
Ultimate X-phoria

I'm participating in a Fantasy draft tomorrow. I do not need my competitors to know which RB's I hold highest. They post on here...their probably reading this right now.

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-11-2005, 11:34 AM
Mavs Fan For Life!

i will probably catch crap for this, but I think Julius Jones will turn out to be a good fantasy pick. I think Parcells will go back to running the ball like he did with the Giants in the 80s and Jones has shown toughness last year to be good in goal line situations. So he should do good on touchdowns and yards. I would try to take him in the 2nd round though if I could get Tomlinson or Portis first.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-11-2005, 12:33 PM Thread Starter
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jefehbk
i will probably catch crap for this, but I think Julius Jones will turn out to be a good fantasy pick.
I also think JJ will do good IF he can stay healthy. Trying to get some ideas on some solid 2nd & 3rd rounders. Such as:

2nd Rd: J. Jones, McGahee, Westbrook, D. Davis, F. Taylor, C. Dillion, T. Barber

3rd Rd: C. Martin, C. Brown, K. Jones, E. James, R. Johnson

Am I missing any obvious Top picks (ie. Bettis or Jackson over Faulk)?
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-11-2005, 02:37 PM
Time Served

Kevin Jones is poised to have a great year. If Harrington can perform this year with his battery of talented WR's, it'll open up more chances for KJ, who proved he could perform well in the second half of last season.

JJ Arrington is a rookie, but he has a good chance of having a great season. He's the starter for sure, in Ari.

A lot of people think Cadillac will have a big year, but I'm not so sure. Pittman had a good year last year, so I don't see Caddy being huge.

I personally, don't like the situation in Green Bay. They look worse and worse to me for some reason, so I'm going to avoid Green.

Miami will be interesting. I think it's anybody's guess, but RW might be a good pick that you could get relatively late in the draft. Yes, he's out for 4 games, but when he comes back, who knows what will happen?

Also, don't forget Denver... They always turn people into big-time runners. Look what happened last year with Droughns. Tatum Bell can run. He was good at OSU. Now he's got a chance in the run-heavy Denver system.

Travis Henry in TN would be a good sleeper pick too. I'm betting he'll have the starting job before too long. Brown is too damn fragile.

A little more info would help... Is your league scoring TD heavy or yardage heavy? How many people in your league?

Last edited by Canoman; 08-11-2005 at 02:42 PM.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-11-2005, 04:35 PM
Punk Ass Newbie

Quote:
Do any of the rookies like Cederic or Cadillac look decent?

Ced is still unsigned. The Bears won't have any problem giving the starting job to Thomas Jones. Jones is looking good in camp and had a good season last year.
Of the two rooks you mentioned Cadillac would be your best bet as of now. Williams was given the starting job over Michael Pittman and will see the ball more at the goal line instead of Alstott.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canoman
Kevin Jones is poised to have a great year

You said it cano, snag Jones in the 2nd. He ended up with 1,133 yards last season with 900 of them coming in the last 8 games. Throw in Mike Williams and Marcus Pollard with Roy Williams and a healthy Charles Rogers and Jones could have a monster year.

Tatum Bell is a risk, as of now the starting job is still Mike Andersons. Of course that could all change before the season begins.

Here's a couple more later round picks others did not mention:
Kevin Barlow
Warrick Dunn

Last edited by dreddiin; 08-11-2005 at 04:55 PM.
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-12-2005, 06:19 PM
CHINGON RACING

Quote:

1. LT
2. Portis
3. Green
4. Jamal
5. Holmes
6. McAllister
7. Alexander

sounds about right?

post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-15-2005, 11:09 PM
Very Interesting

well, since Schlesinger got hurt on friday, i'm not sure what a great year Jones will have. Schlesinger was one of the best lead blockers in the league...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement