Dallas Morning News reporter Chip Brown college football predictions - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 51 (permalink) Old 07-07-2005, 02:29 PM Thread Starter
Back To Normal

Dallas Morning News reporter Chip Brown college football predictions

Granted itís a blog but it is pretty interesting. I have heard a lot of people are thinking the same thing especially what is said about Oklahoma.

Discuss and enjoy

Here is the link. It is just a little bit down the page.

Quote:
It's football season
When the top sports headlines are about cycling and the All-Star Game, it's football season.

So here's how the Big 12 South standings (from lowest to highest) will look at the end of November (the only thing you need to know about the North is that Iowa State will win it):

6. Baylor 4-7, 1-7
Offensive line is improved. Defensive front seven still a problem. (Conference win will come against OSU).

5. Oklahoma State 5-6, 2-6
New coach, new offense and no Vernand Morency is a big problem

4. Texas A&M 8-3, 5-3
Defensive line is awesome, but there's no way Reggie McNeal has another four-interception season behind a new O-line.

3. Oklahoma 8-3, 5-3
The nation will be shocked when OU loses back-to-back games against Texas and Kansas in the middle of the season and finishes with a loss in Lubbock. Why? Rhett Bomar isn't half as good as people think, and Adrian Peterson can't take the snap (or can he?).

2. Texas Tech 10-1, 7-1
Mike Leach plugs QBs into his offense the way most of us plug in a coffee pot. The difference is his defense is finally catching up, and the Raiders get A&M and OU at home. (Loss comes at UT)

1. Texas 10-1, 8-0
No team bounces back from losses like Texas. So after the Longhorns get beat by Ohio State on Sept. 10, the Longhorns win out on the legs of Vince Young. UT finally wins a conference title for Mack and plays in the Rose Bowl for the national title in a rematch against Ohio State ... only to lose to the Buckeyes again.

Texan By Birth, Techsan By Choice.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 51 (permalink) Old 07-07-2005, 03:26 PM
AHMO!

man i'm already torn on who to pick in the Ohio State vs UT game and if they play again in the rose bowl....
post #3 of 51 (permalink) Old 07-07-2005, 03:32 PM
M0DERAT0R

Further down...
Quote:
Antoine Wright, of Texas A&M, must have been working on his shot with New Jersey teammate Jason Kidd. In a display that would have done Kidd proud, Wright was 5-for-21 from the field in a summer-league game against the Mavericks on Wednesday in Las Vegas.

Can any college players shoot well?
lol

'08 Pontiac G8 GT
Bone Stock
13.7 @ 102 mph

post #4 of 51 (permalink) Old 07-07-2005, 04:31 PM

Check the sig!!!
post #5 of 51 (permalink) Old 07-07-2005, 05:21 PM
M0DERAT0R

Waitaminute, Chip isn't putting USC in the Rose Bowl?

'08 Pontiac G8 GT
Bone Stock
13.7 @ 102 mph
post #6 of 51 (permalink) Old 07-07-2005, 06:24 PM
CEO of......

i don't see UT lossing once, little alone twice to the always over-hyped Ohio St. I'm still worried about OU, as long as Stoops is still coaching texas will have a hard time i believe. But i do like how OU is Trev Alberts number 1 over rated team this year.lol

come on september
post #7 of 51 (permalink) Old 07-07-2005, 07:17 PM
-----------------------

A Chip Brown sports report................that's funny
post #8 of 51 (permalink) Old 07-07-2005, 09:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bert89coupe
i don't see UT lossing once, little alone twice to the always over-hyped Ohio St. I'm still worried about OU, as long as Stoops is still coaching texas will have a hard time i believe. But i do like how OU is Trev Alberts number 1 over rated team this year.lol

come on september
Man, i'm not worried about OU this season. There time has passed! The barely beat Texas last year! Now its time for a role reversal! And as far as OSU goes, i think they'll get beat in the first game, but i'd rather see them win the second game in the Rose Bowl.........again
post #9 of 51 (permalink) Old 07-07-2005, 09:46 PM
BOOSTED32V Jr.

Ohio St. to the Ntl. Championship!?!?! WTF is this guy smoking?

-1998 Cobra - Vortech SQ-Trim powered - BAD-SVT Jr.

459.1rwhp/368.5rwtq on 8#'s of boost

Upcoming mods: 2008 Mustang GT or 2003-up BMW M3
post #10 of 51 (permalink) Old 07-07-2005, 09:57 PM
Beer Swillin' Redneck

What, Tech is gonna whoop UT

"I have taken more out of alcohol than it has taken out of me."

"If not, by age 20, you are a liberal, then you have no heart. If not, by age 30, you are a conservative, then you have no brain.
post #11 of 51 (permalink) Old 07-08-2005, 08:13 AM
M0DERAT0R

Quote:
Originally Posted by MouseKiller
In Austin? Say no to crack!

'08 Pontiac G8 GT
Bone Stock
13.7 @ 102 mph
post #12 of 51 (permalink) Old 07-08-2005, 08:41 AM Thread Starter
Back To Normal

Quote:
Originally Posted by MouseKiller
Uhhh Yeah I agree with Boss Hogg. I think playing UT at their home is going to be the hardest game we play all season. By no means is it "In the bag". If we win and that is a big IF it will turn into a VERY close kicking game.

post #13 of 51 (permalink) Old 07-08-2005, 09:17 AM
BOOMER SOONER!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbrjames
Man, i'm not worried about OU this season. There time has passed! The barely beat Texas last year! Now its time for a role reversal! And as far as OSU goes, i think they'll get beat in the first game, but i'd rather see them win the second game in the Rose Bowl.........again
Spoken like a typical UT fan. OU "barely beat Texas", yet it was the first shut out UT had been dealt in what 22 years. UT is great on paper again this year, but don't get cocky because Michigan forgot how to cover 1 guy & handed UT the game.

BOOMER SOONER!!!
post #14 of 51 (permalink) Old 07-08-2005, 09:51 AM Thread Starter
Back To Normal

Here is another good article. It has OU, UT and TT tied for first in the South. Pretty good write ups.

Here

post #15 of 51 (permalink) Old 07-08-2005, 10:00 AM
BOOSTED32V Jr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueThunder99TA
Spoken like a typical UT fan. OU "barely beat Texas", yet it was the first shut out UT had been dealt in what 22 years. UT is great on paper again this year, but don't get cocky because Michigan forgot how to cover 1 guy & handed UT the game.

BOOMER SOONER!!!
Yeah and OU forgot how to cover everyone on USC in the Ntl. Championship game! Whats the point?
post #16 of 51 (permalink) Old 07-08-2005, 10:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVTVenom
Yeah and OU forgot how to cover everyone on USC in the Ntl. Championship game! Whats the point?
Lmmfao.....touche'!!!
post #17 of 51 (permalink) Old 07-08-2005, 10:22 AM
BOOMER SOONER!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVTVenom
the point is OU has UT's card as of late, NO ONE has shut out UT in 22 years, yet they "barely won"

Keep it up with the pop shots about OU choking(I saw it too), but at least my favorite team has won a NC in color television, can't say that for UT.
post #18 of 51 (permalink) Old 07-08-2005, 10:24 AM

Quote:
the point is OU has UT's card as of late, NO ONE has shut out UT in 22 years, yet they "barely won"

Keep it up with the pop shots about OU choking(I saw it too), but at least my favorite team has won a NC in color television, can't say that for UT.

Man, what was it? 12-0? Shut out or not, its still barely beating them. And as i stated earlier, OU's time has passed now! Its time for UT to take the reigns again!
post #19 of 51 (permalink) Old 07-08-2005, 10:38 AM
BOOMER SOONER!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbrjames
Man, what was it? 12-0? Shut out or not, its still barely beating them. And as i stated earlier, OU's time has passed now! Its time for UT to take the reigns again!
keep on thinkin that man, that's the mind set I love to make $$$ off come October. OU's almost always the underdog going into the Red River Blowout(has been for the last 5 meetings except 04'), but as long as we still got Mack Brown playing for us, we got a real good shot.
post #20 of 51 (permalink) Old 07-08-2005, 12:16 PM
M0DERAT0R

Quote:
Where were you a few weeks ago? Driving around in your DeLorean?

'08 Pontiac G8 GT
Bone Stock
13.7 @ 102 mph
post #21 of 51 (permalink) Old 07-08-2005, 02:27 PM
BOOMER SOONER!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss Hogg
Where were you a few weeks ago? Driving around in your DeLorean?
I could have sworn this was a football thread, my bad.

sidenote: Congrats to UT & they're 145th baseball crown.

<---OU fan first, Big 12 fan(UT included) 2nd.
post #22 of 51 (permalink) Old 07-08-2005, 04:48 PM
M0DERAT0R

You didn't say football team, Doc.

'08 Pontiac G8 GT
Bone Stock
13.7 @ 102 mph
post #23 of 51 (permalink) Old 07-09-2005, 03:55 PM
Sports weenie @ full attn

Quote:

BOOMER SOONER!!!
Spoken like a typical OU fan. I guess you could say if Texas didn't forget how to cover 1 guy, it would have been a Longhorn blowout. I guess you could also say if VY didn't fumble in the red zone, the shutout wouldn't have happened last year. I guess you could say alot of things but it's the way shit falls in place.

post #24 of 51 (permalink) Old 07-09-2005, 06:55 PM
BOOMER SOONER!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZYouL8R
Spoken like a typical OU fan. I guess you could say if Texas didn't forget how to cover 1 guy, it would have been a Longhorn blowout. I guess you could also say if VY didn't fumble in the red zone, the shutout wouldn't have happened last year. I guess you could say alot of things but it's the way shit falls in place.
Luckily shit just seems to fall into place, 5 years running.

<------done for now, it's only July for goodness sake.
post #25 of 51 (permalink) Old 07-10-2005, 12:36 PM
Fear the Stashe

This guy is an idiot, OU loses three games?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badass2000gt View Post
See this is all you got. You're just a little bitch. I'll be in lewisville tonight if you want to meet up and see if you would like to talk shit to me. But I know I know your a pussy and won't show and I'm trying to e-thug but you're the one continues to try to insult me. So if you want to be a real man and back this shit up I'll be at the lewisville bowling center off of main st tonight at 6. Not far at all from highland village. Just for you I'll be wearing a Texas shirt.
post #26 of 51 (permalink) Old 07-11-2005, 02:19 PM
BELIEVE, IT'S TIME!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by unkoricky
This guy is an idiot, OU loses three games?
That's about the one thing he's got straight.

"The Pill": Helping control the Educated Population since 1960

Improve America's Education System: Have the High School Drop Outs Spayed and Neutered.

Stupid and Lazy breeds more Stupid and Lazy.

"Democracy is the worst form of government, except for all those other forms that have been tried from time to time." - Sir Winston Churchill

The DFWStangs Political Forum: Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.
post #27 of 51 (permalink) Old 07-11-2005, 02:51 PM
Lifer

Picking against OU is just the popular thing to do in JULY.

There is no validity behind it. These are the best athletes Stoops has ever had, and for the first time in 4 years, Long will actually get to use his entire offensive playbook. (Designed for a Dual threat QB) everybody has their opinion, and thats great. We all heard the exact same thing about OU being "down" going into the 03' season. Like I said..its the popular thing to do, to count out Oklahoma this year. Why not...they layed a big egg in the Nat'l Title game. Its easy to pick against them. Although some think they will lose 2-3 games this season, they will still be favored in EVERY single game they play.

Yet, everyone here close to the program is licking their chops. We've been waiting 4 years to see this type of an offense, and now we have the athletes to run it. It will be a FUN year.

As far as Texas is concerned. Sorry, but until Young proves that he can be consistant passing the ball, Defenses will just bracket the recievers, and use the 2 outside backers to QB spy. He is unbelievably gifted, but Texas is extremely 1 dimensional with him running the offense. Against teams with less talent, that is fine. But the talent level will be pretty even when playing Oklahoma and Ohio State. Everyone loves to say that "THIS" is the year for Texas to beat Oklahoma. But theyve been saying the same shit for the last 5 years. Its just the easy thing to say. Its just like roulette, it can only land on black so many times in a row before it lands on red. Everyone just wants to say Texas, because the law of averages says its gotta be their turn soon. Other than that, there is nothing "ON THE FIELD" that has changed that would change what has happened the last 5 years.

Last edited by 99BRINGIT; 07-11-2005 at 02:56 PM.
post #28 of 51 (permalink) Old 07-12-2005, 10:57 AM
Recovering Lush

Quote:
Picking against OU is just the popular thing to do in JULY.

There is no validity behind it. These are the best athletes Stoops has ever had, and for the first time in 4 years, Long will actually get to use his entire offensive playbook. (Designed for a Dual threat QB) everybody has their opinion, and thats great. We all heard the exact same thing about OU being "down" going into the 03' season.
In 03 they werent trotting out a QB with ZERO experience. There's plenty of validity behind picking OU to lose a few....mainly the major casualties suffered at the hands of the exodus of players after last year's MNC thrashing.. That, and no proven QB whatsoever. Add another year without Mike Stoops defensive genius, and the defense slips another notch as well.

Quote:
Yet, everyone here close to the program is licking their chops. We've been waiting 4 years to see this type of an offense, and now we have the athletes to run it. It will be a FUN year.
This is pure spin: NO ONE has been waiting 4 years to trot out a big fat ? at qb, in any program, in the history of college football.

Quote:
As far as Texas is concerned. Sorry, but until Young proves that he can be consistant passing the ball, Defenses will just bracket the recievers, and use the 2 outside backers to QB spy.
See Rose Bowl, Okie Aggy game, or CU game for evidence of VY being able to lead with both his arm and legs.
To make sure I understand your arguement:
1. VY and TX are in a bad spot because, even though they trotted out a crew of Frosh WRs last year, he is unproven and one-dimensional
2. OU is trotting out a big fat ? at QB, which is precisely what they've wanted to do for 4 years now, and thus will be much, better, because even though they lost quite a few starters, nothing on the field has changed much, qb with zero game experience be damned!

As to the law of averages, if we reflect over the series as a whole, we see occasional deviations from the norm...it happens....this is one of those times. Will TX win this year? Who knows.....it's July and such guarantees or predictions are foolish. All I know is I saw the genie come out of the bottle at the Rose Bowl....and I don't see anyone trying to stuff him back in there this year.

color=#606060]
Quote:
"The Father-heart of God was... thrilled with me -- an immature, mess-making spiritual infant... My heavenly Father was enjoying me while I was yet in the process of maturing, not sighing in disgust and waiting impatiently until I grew up. He loved and longed for me; He felt proud and was excited over me while I was falling short."
Quote:
Mike Bickle

[

Sober By Grace Ministries: A Ministry of The James 2:26 Project
[size=1]Where New Beginnings Start
www.soberbygrace.org
post #29 of 51 (permalink) Old 07-12-2005, 11:03 AM
HERE WE GO STEELERS

Rose bowl for National Title? I thought the No. 1 and 2 teams played for the national title in the Orange Bowl?

post #30 of 51 (permalink) Old 07-12-2005, 11:05 AM
Recovering Lush

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kayasuma
Rose bowl for National Title? I thought the No. 1 and 2 teams played for the national title in the Orange Bowl?
The MNC game rotates among the BCS bowls. This year, it's the Rose.

color=#606060]
Quote:
"The Father-heart of God was... thrilled with me -- an immature, mess-making spiritual infant... My heavenly Father was enjoying me while I was yet in the process of maturing, not sighing in disgust and waiting impatiently until I grew up. He loved and longed for me; He felt proud and was excited over me while I was falling short."
Quote:
Mike Bickle

[

www.soberbygrace.org
post #31 of 51 (permalink) Old 07-12-2005, 11:06 AM
HERE WE GO STEELERS

I see. I just got my weekends back after 5 years of working them, I've been out of Football for awhile. I always thought that Orange was Natl. Title... oh well. Hook 'Em

post #32 of 51 (permalink) Old 07-12-2005, 11:11 AM
Fear the Stashe

I expect OU to lose 1 game next season, but three, give me a break
Texas best chance to beat OU if in 2006.

Quote:
See this is all you got. You're just a little bitch. I'll be in lewisville tonight if you want to meet up and see if you would like to talk shit to me. But I know I know your a pussy and won't show and I'm trying to e-thug but you're the one continues to try to insult me. So if you want to be a real man and back this shit up I'll be at the lewisville bowling center off of main st tonight at 6. Not far at all from highland village. Just for you I'll be wearing a Texas shirt.
post #33 of 51 (permalink) Old 07-12-2005, 11:14 AM
Recovering Lush

Quote:
Texas best chance to beat OU if in 2006.
because...........?

color=#606060]
Quote:
Quote:
Mike Bickle

[

www.soberbygrace.org
post #34 of 51 (permalink) Old 07-12-2005, 12:37 PM
Fear the Stashe

Quote:
Originally Posted by HookEm
because...........?
Dont be such a homer, I like Texas and But i like OU more.
Use some logic and you'll understand..BTW Hookem, i got a link to a whole shitload of UT Videos, pretty nice ones of the Rose Bowl and the past.

Since 2000...OU vs Texas
2000: Blowout

2001: Tight ball game and Oklahoma has to bench their starting quarterback due to injury and still wins.

2002: Texas has a 14-3 lead and all of the momentum and choke it away in the closing moments on coaching and special teams. Q goes for 200+ and Oklahoma wins 35-24 despite Nate Hybl's FOUR interceptions. FOUR

2003: Blowout

2004: Another tight ball game just like 2001, but Texas can't even score a single point...Freshmen Sensation runs right past Derrick Johnson because he avoids too many blocks .

Quote:

Last edited by unkoricky; 07-12-2005 at 01:02 PM.
post #35 of 51 (permalink) Old 07-12-2005, 01:19 PM
M0DERAT0R

Quote:
Dont be such a homer, I like Texas and But i like OU more.
Use some logic and you'll understand..
I think he was asking a legitimate question. What's your logic reasoning?

'08 Pontiac G8 GT
Bone Stock
13.7 @ 102 mph
post #36 of 51 (permalink) Old 07-12-2005, 01:44 PM
BELIEVE, IT'S TIME!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss Hogg
I think he was asking a legitimate question. What's your logic reasoning?

Isn't History Logical? I mean, you and Hookem go by History with A&M

"The Pill": Helping control the Educated Population since 1960

Improve America's Education System: Have the High School Drop Outs Spayed and Neutered.

Stupid and Lazy breeds more Stupid and Lazy.

"Democracy is the worst form of government, except for all those other forms that have been tried from time to time." - Sir Winston Churchill

The DFWStangs Political Forum: Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.
post #37 of 51 (permalink) Old 07-12-2005, 01:48 PM
Fear the Stashe

On Paper, Texas should beat OU this year, but how many times have we said that?

Why i say the best chance for OU to lose in 2006 against Texas?
OU will Lose
- Majority O-Line
- One of Best DT in Nation,Dust Dvoracek
- Both Outside LB's
- Future 1st Round WR Travis Wilson and Jejuan Rankins
- TE James Moses
- Both Starting CB's

While OU usually Reloads instead of Rebuild, they are simply a rebuild team in 06 and a hopefull run at a championship in 07.

The WR corp will be full of Redshirt Freshmens and RS Sophmores as there WR Corp, the knock there( NO Experience )

OL will return with Two O-Linemen who will have only 1 full year of experience.

Secondary will be questionable with experience at CB and FS/SS.
Defensive Tackle Rotation will be thin, hopefully some nice recruits can help out.

OLB Position should have no problem at reloading,but Full game time experience will be questioned.

I hope you Texas Fans dont start hating on me because i like the Sooners more.
Vince Young will most likely do the Texas Tradition coming back for his senior year and with a heavy dose of RB Rotation with
Jamaal Charles,Selvin Young and Utility Back Ramonce Taylor .
The WR Corp should look nice and experienced with Sweed/Jones/Shipley/Pittman.

I see no Problem seeing UT scoring all over the place in 2006..
Defense wins championships, but i see UT OUTscoring teams easily in 06 and saying Screw Defense.

Quote:
post #38 of 51 (permalink) Old 07-12-2005, 01:51 PM
Lifer

umm, im just going to go ahead and throw this out there, but i really think everybody is goign to underestimate osu, new coach? he played fball here, and might as well of been the coach the past couple years. no vernand morency? im not sure but i think we just signed the #5 rbfrom texas. plus we have 2 veterans battling for that position already.
post #39 of 51 (permalink) Old 07-12-2005, 02:03 PM Thread Starter
Back To Normal

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicotino15
umm, im just going to go ahead and throw this out there, but i really think everybody is goign to underestimate osu, new coach? he played fball here, and might as well of been the coach the past couple years. no vernand morency? im not sure but i think we just signed the #5 rbfrom texas. plus we have 2 veterans battling for that position already.
Umm, Ok. Thanks!

Wreck'em Tech!

post #40 of 51 (permalink) Old 07-12-2005, 02:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicotino15
First year with new head coach and Freshman runningback not going to happen this year
post #41 of 51 (permalink) Old 07-12-2005, 02:58 PM
M0DERAT0R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Who Needs 8
Isn't History Logical? I mean, you and Hookem go by History with A&M
Stay on topic. We're talking about successful football teams over here. The only thing A&M has in common with UT & OU is that UT & OU both beat A&M every year.

unkoricky, I think Texas doesn't have a chance as long as AD is still at OU which will probably be in '07.

'08 Pontiac G8 GT
Bone Stock
13.7 @ 102 mph
post #42 of 51 (permalink) Old 07-12-2005, 04:37 PM
Lifer

Quote:
In 03 they werent trotting out a QB with ZERO experience.
Jason White was an unknown going into the 03 season. The only thing that was for sure, was that he had a bum knee. But he had been in the system for 3 years. Much like Paul Thompson this year.

Quote:
=This is pure spin: NO ONE has been waiting 4 years to trot out a big fat ? at qb, in any program, in the history of college football.
Pure Spin? Its been said from day 1 (2001) , that Chuck Long has an offensive playbook based on a mobile QB. He has not been able to fully utilize the offensive sets because the lack there of. (Hybl/White)

Outsiders looking in, only see it as having to play a quarterback with no playing experience. Yet, Paul Thompson has been in the system for 3 years now, and many supporters wanted Thompson to start over White last season. He is of the Vince Young mold (athletically), yet has the arm to compliment his running ability. And its still my opinion, that Thompson will no longer be the starter by the time the Texas game rolls around.

Rhett Bomar is doing things physically, that I've never seen done by a College Quarterback. He is a student of the game, and a coaches son as well. I've never seen a white boy with wheels like him, yet hes deadly accurate as well. He will be the next great Sooner. If you think there will be a decline in QB play, you are greatly mistaken.

Quote:
1. VY and TX are in a bad spot because, even though they trotted out a crew of Frosh WRs last year, he is unproven and one-dimensional
Abesolutely not. They are not in a bad spot in any way. But to deny that VY is one dimensional is laughable at best. Against the lesser opponants, he will definately shine. But playing at the "shoe" against Ohio State, and playing in the Cotton Bowl against Oklahoma will be a different thing.

What changes have been made offensively to show that they will score more than 0 points this year?

Does Cedric Benson leaving, really improve the offense that much?

The zone read becomes ALOT less effective without Benson.

Quote:
2. OU is trotting out a big fat ? at QB
Once again..the only ones questioning the QB position, are the ones not "in the know." All three QBs on campus are light years ahead of Jason White in talent. Chuck Long is known for developing his QBs to play in his system. And now...for the first time in his stay at Oklahoma, they will truly be able to run his offense. I've watched it all spring. It is truly different than anythign I've seen. (Although some similarities to Utah, and Louisville) With alot more option.

From what I have seen so far this spring/summer, Im am Giddy at the thought of Rhett Bomar running this squad. Afterall, most of last years freshmen recruiting services had Adrian Peterson, Ted Ginn Jr. and Rhett Bomar listed as 1,2,3. And you know what those other two guys did.

All in All, there are no guarantees from me either, but if there is an argument for the decline in the success at Oklahoma, the Quarterback play should be last on your list.

post #43 of 51 (permalink) Old 07-12-2005, 04:54 PM
Fear the Stashe

Its a pretty tight race between Bomar and Paul Thompson..

Quote:
post #44 of 51 (permalink) Old 07-12-2005, 05:29 PM
BOOMER SOONER!

Quote:
I heard a rumor that if Bomar gets the nod at QB, Thompson will move to WR & show off his speed.
post #45 of 51 (permalink) Old 07-12-2005, 05:47 PM
Fear the Stashe

Quote:
I heard a rumor that if Bomar gets the nod at QB, Thompson will move to WR & show off his speed.
They are loaded at WR, Depth wise, but who knows what happens to PT...
Bye Bye Grady

Quote:
post #46 of 51 (permalink) Old 07-15-2005, 01:29 PM
Lifer

whenever a qb has never played a college game, nobody knows how the player will react and how well they will do. even if he was a star in the practices and in high school there is no guarantee he will play like that in a real game. when jason white came back last year everybody knew he was capable of hitting receivers and winning games etc.

what im trying to say is a lot of people arent expecting ou to do anything like last year, or the year before.

and to bones, i can promise that the football players do not consider mike gundy to be a "new" head coach even though he wasnt head coach last year. he knows what hes doing, and we got larry fedora running the offense and vance bedford running the defense, and mike goodson wont be here to play rb until next year, both competing rb's bring plenty of experience to the table. besides its the receivers teams will need to watch out for this year, lol.
post #47 of 51 (permalink) Old 07-15-2005, 01:31 PM
Lifer

im only a few posts away from being able to make avatar bets!
post #48 of 51 (permalink) Old 09-06-2005, 03:09 PM
Punk Ass Newbie

Quote:

BOOMER SOONER!!!
OU is gonna get murdered by UT this year

"Semper Fi" - Always faithful
post #49 of 51 (permalink) Old 09-06-2005, 03:17 PM
Recovering Lush

Quote:
....to see who sucks less.

color=#606060]
Quote:
Quote:
Mike Bickle

[

www.soberbygrace.org
post #50 of 51 (permalink) Old 09-06-2005, 03:48 PM
Fear the Stashe

Quote:
....to see who sucks less.
They did suck against TCU....Bomar has the nod now.
I want you Texas guys to beat Ohio State.
Ever since my team got beat by TCU, Other schools claim the Big 12 is Overrated, Show them how we do it...

Quote:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement