Offical College Football Thread!! - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 34 (permalink) Old 06-30-2005, 11:52 AM Thread Starter

Official College Football Thread!!

Who do you like? And what kind of season do you expect?

HOOK-EM HORNS all the way to the 2006 Rose Bowl!!!

Last edited by Bones; 06-30-2005 at 12:07 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 34 (permalink) Old 06-30-2005, 12:01 PM Thread Starter

We might just see this at the end of the season again.

National Champs!
post #3 of 34 (permalink) Old 06-30-2005, 12:09 PM
Time Served

I hope you're right. I've got my season tickets!

You can't put syrup on shit and call it pancakes.

post #4 of 34 (permalink) Old 06-30-2005, 12:52 PM
Lifer

i like ut for the big 12 this year, its hard to judge my team, i think we will end up somewhere in the middle.

Originally Posted by 99BRINGIT
He is looking to drop a dime on USC. Let me be the first to tell you guys.........Oklahoma will come to play, and Oklahoma will win BIG.
post #5 of 34 (permalink) Old 06-30-2005, 05:02 PM
Along for the ride

I'm hoping for a solid season from my Aggies!

Gig 'em.

Marcus

Fightin' Texas Aggie Class of 2002! Whoop!

'92 Emerald Green Mustang LX Hatch 5.0
post #6 of 34 (permalink) Old 06-30-2005, 05:07 PM
Lifer

Im an Ohio State fan. And as far as the Big 12'ers, I hope OU goes down this Fall. Tired of those Okies!

CANADIANS = DOUCHERS

post #7 of 34 (permalink) Old 06-30-2005, 05:23 PM Thread Starter

Mobilhoma

Yeah they are going down!!!
The Horn's get Ohio State in the secound game of the season @ OSU going to be a tough one.
post #8 of 34 (permalink) Old 06-30-2005, 08:58 PM

Well i like the Horns too. I hope they take it all this year! my team is actually TCU, since i played for them. But, we all know they aren't going anywhere. I'm anxious to see how the Horns will do with most of last years team gone, especially Cedric.
post #9 of 34 (permalink) Old 06-30-2005, 09:10 PM
No Cerveza... No Trabajo

USC still a number 1 by a long shot. UT finally has a chance to take the Red River Shootout. A&M gets stronger and stronger but still behind the likes of UT and OU.

I see the top 10 at the beginning of the season:

1. USC (by a long shot)
2. Texas
3. Michigan
4. Tennessee
5. Iowa
6. Oklahoma
7. VT
8. Miami
9. Florida
10. Ohio State

My 401K is now a 400K (was 301K)
post #10 of 34 (permalink) Old 06-30-2005, 09:58 PM
P1

im a HUGE ND fan and have been all my life....they suck now but maybe charlie weiss can turn them around......as far as this season i'd like to see the horns do it do it
post #11 of 34 (permalink) Old 07-01-2005, 08:17 AM
Lifer

This will be a fun year to watch Oklahoma. Athletically these are the best players Stoops has had. It will be great to finally have an Athletic "Dual Threat" QB running the offense. But experience usually trumps all, when it comes to finishing undefeated. And experience, they do not have.

Whoever wins in October at the Cotton Bowl, will be Big12 Champs.

Vince Young still has to prove to me, (and the rest of the World) that is is not a 1 dimensional RB...err, I mean QB.

Texas A&M is my darkhorse pick to win the Big 12.

post #12 of 34 (permalink) Old 07-01-2005, 09:07 AM
M0DERAT0R

Big 12 South
1. OU
2. Texas
3. Tech
4. A&M
5. OSU
6. Baylor

USC will win it all again.

'08 Pontiac G8 GT
Bone Stock
13.7 @ 102 mph
post #13 of 34 (permalink) Old 07-01-2005, 10:30 AM
Lifer

USC is gonna be tough to beat. It would be great to see UT make a run for the National Championship, but OU will be right there too...It's gonna be fun.

CHL holder and Conservative...AKA "Domestic Terrorist"
post #14 of 34 (permalink) Old 07-01-2005, 12:50 PM
Fear the Stashe

Sooner homer here, but i'll give it to USC..They are just loaded.

1.USC
2.Tenn
3.OU

Game to watch this year

Texas vs Ohio State
Young vs Ohio States speedy Linebackers/Ted Ginn Jr

I hope Texas rapes them..Just tired of cocky Ohio State fans, but its goin to be a tough game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badass2000gt View Post
See this is all you got. You're just a little bitch. I'll be in lewisville tonight if you want to meet up and see if you would like to talk shit to me. But I know I know your a pussy and won't show and I'm trying to e-thug but you're the one continues to try to insult me. So if you want to be a real man and back this shit up I'll be at the lewisville bowling center off of main st tonight at 6. Not far at all from highland village. Just for you I'll be wearing a Texas shirt.
post #15 of 34 (permalink) Old 07-01-2005, 03:12 PM Thread Starter

I just can't wait for the season to start. I think Texas has a real good chance of beating Ohio State. The game that scares me the most like it does every year is OU because Peterson is a BADASS!!! I'm excited to see what Selvin Young & Ramonce Taylor can do with the tailback postion this year, and Vince Young is going to show us this year how good he can throw the ball finally.And on D watch out for Rodrick Wright and Aaron Harris, Texas this year may be able to stop the run.
post #16 of 34 (permalink) Old 07-01-2005, 08:02 PM
PC HATER!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bones
Yeah they are going down!!!
The Horn's get Ohio State in the secound game of the season @ OSU going to be a tough one.

Life is like a box of chocolates, you never know what you're going to get.
-forrest gump

[IMG]
post #17 of 34 (permalink) Old 07-03-2005, 08:35 PM
Time Served

i honestly think texas is the team to beat in the big 12 this year, but i think texas tech is going to be really good this year. this is the most talented team their young coach has had since he has been there by far.
post #18 of 34 (permalink) Old 07-05-2005, 11:05 AM
Back To Normal

I am very excited this year. Tech is looking really good with 8 offensive starters and 8 defensive starters returning this year. The QB situation will be interesting but Leach has not let us down yet when it comes to turning out a record breaking QB.

Go Red Raiders!!!

Texan By Birth, Techsan By Choice.
post #19 of 34 (permalink) Old 07-05-2005, 11:14 AM
Fear the Stashe

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2001 GT
I am very excited this year. Tech is looking really good with 8 offensive starters and 8 defensive starters returning this year. The QB situation will be interesting but Leach has not let us down yet when it comes to turning out a record breaking QB.

Go Red Raiders!!!
TexasTech will suprise many teams this year, they have a bad ass WR.
I loved it when Tech shocked Cal, because Cal felt they deserved to play a better team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badass2000gt View Post
See this is all you got. You're just a little bitch. I'll be in lewisville tonight if you want to meet up and see if you would like to talk shit to me. But I know I know your a pussy and won't show and I'm trying to e-thug but you're the one continues to try to insult me. So if you want to be a real man and back this shit up I'll be at the lewisville bowling center off of main st tonight at 6. Not far at all from highland village. Just for you I'll be wearing a Texas shirt.
post #20 of 34 (permalink) Old 07-05-2005, 11:23 AM
BOOMER SOONER!

Whoever wins in Dallas on October 8th should take the Big 12 & has a decent shot at Pasadena.

BOOMER SOONER!!!
post #21 of 34 (permalink) Old 07-05-2005, 05:34 PM

Well, they both have easy games for their first games. Unfortunately those damn Sooners are playing my Frogs! Damn thats going to be a slaughtering! Frog legs anyone?
post #22 of 34 (permalink) Old 07-09-2005, 05:40 PM
i win.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbrjames
Well, they both have easy games for their first games. Unfortunately those damn Sooners are playing my Frogs! Damn thats going to be a slaughtering! Frog legs anyone?
no shit. They wanted like $60 for tickets to that game. I think ill just go up there and party instead.
post #23 of 34 (permalink) Old 07-09-2005, 05:50 PM
Time Served

i know this is way off topic and i am sorry for getting in the middle of yalls thread. But are any of you UT fans interested in a UT Orange 66 Chevelle, bbc 454, Pro-Street Cage, Mini Tubbed, Fiberglass racing seats with the UT Emblem embrordered into the head rest?
post #24 of 34 (permalink) Old 07-10-2005, 04:02 PM
Recovering Lush

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cammin4V
no shit. They wanted like $60 for tickets to that game. I think ill just go up there and party instead.
if you go, words of advice:

1. Those silly okies bring out the upside down horns for any team from TX they play....hell, I've seen it during an OU-Okie aggy game.
2. Don't drive your car if it has TX plates....better than zero chance of it being keyed or vandalized.
3. Be prepared to have beer cans/bottles thrown at you.

I went to the ou/UNT game.......saw first hand all of the above.

OH, and let's not even talk about the bizzzare ticket size...things like 9 inches long, and 4 inches wide, embossed and the whole 9 yards. thats where your 60 bucks goes....it sure doesnt go to the latrine style bathroom maintenance fees.

color=#606060]
Quote:
"The Father-heart of God was... thrilled with me -- an immature, mess-making spiritual infant... My heavenly Father was enjoying me while I was yet in the process of maturing, not sighing in disgust and waiting impatiently until I grew up. He loved and longed for me; He felt proud and was excited over me while I was falling short."
Quote:
Mike Bickle

[

Sober By Grace Ministries: A Ministry of The James 2:26 Project
[size=1]Where New Beginnings Start
www.soberbygrace.org
post #25 of 34 (permalink) Old 07-12-2005, 02:11 PM
-----------------------

Quote:
Originally Posted by HookEm
if you go, words of advice:

1. Those silly okies bring out the upside down horns for any team from TX they play....hell, I've seen it during an OU-Okie aggy game.
2. Don't drive your car if it has TX plates....better than zero chance of it being keyed or vandalized.
3. Be prepared to have beer cans/bottles thrown at you.

I went to the ou/UNT game.......saw first hand all of the above.

OH, and let's not even talk about the bizzzare ticket size...things like 9 inches long, and 4 inches wide, embossed and the whole 9 yards. thats where your 60 bucks goes....it sure doesnt go to the latrine style bathroom maintenance fees.

Maybe you should not have shown up to the OU/UNT game with your UT hat, UT shorts and your chest painted with a Longhorn on it.
post #26 of 34 (permalink) Old 07-16-2005, 11:21 PM
Recovering Lush

Uhm, I had a Mean Green shirt on, and an OU SUCKS hat on....no TX gear at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 91rednotch
Maybe you should not have shown up to the OU/UNT game with your UT hat, UT shorts and your chest painted with a Longhorn on it.

color=#606060]
Quote:
"The Father-heart of God was... thrilled with me -- an immature, mess-making spiritual infant... My heavenly Father was enjoying me while I was yet in the process of maturing, not sighing in disgust and waiting impatiently until I grew up. He loved and longed for me; He felt proud and was excited over me while I was falling short."
Quote:
Mike Bickle

[

Sober By Grace Ministries: A Ministry of The James 2:26 Project
[size=1]Where New Beginnings Start
www.soberbygrace.org
post #27 of 34 (permalink) Old 07-19-2005, 02:51 AM
Lifer

lol at ou sucks hat
post #28 of 34 (permalink) Old 07-19-2005, 03:56 PM
Mavs Fan For Life!

I hope to see more out of UT and A&M. I still have to give the nod to OU to win the Big 12 until proven otherwise. I just hope UT shows up this year for the RedRiver shootout.

But I do feel if UT lives up to the hype that has been the last 3-4 years and beats OU this year...and if A&M can step it up and beat either OU or UT....then the BIG 12 south will be fun to watch this year and could be thrilling down to the last game.

I also like watching Miami play and would like to see them do well this year.
post #29 of 34 (permalink) Old 07-19-2005, 03:59 PM
Mavs Fan For Life!

I almost forgot about the Big 12 North also...seeing as how the North sucks monkey ass and everybody knows the big 12 champion will come from the south.

See people thought it was crazy, but the South has risen again!
post #30 of 34 (permalink) Old 07-20-2005, 03:28 PM
Time Served

Hook-em Horns
post #31 of 34 (permalink) Old 07-20-2005, 05:35 PM
Lifer

Looking for my Mean Green to win the Sun Belt again and head back to the New Orleans Bowl.
We got a few votes in the pre season top 25 poll, so entering it by years end would be our own National Championship.

2007 SRT8-Grand Cherokee
2008 Cadillac Escalade
post #32 of 34 (permalink) Old 07-21-2005, 06:29 AM

I think this has turned into a Big 12 thread. So in saying that, i'm going to throw in the fact that i am kinda scared about my Frogs going to Mountain West this year. They barely made it in C-USA, and now they move to a better conference? Yikes. I mean hell, they have to play OU for their first game, Air Force, and Colorado State. You can pretty much chalk up 3 losses right there. But hell, wouldn't that be a tragic upset for OU if TCU actually beat them? Hey, i can dream right?
post #33 of 34 (permalink) Old 07-31-2005, 12:05 AM
Clown

Im with Got5onit. I have been a Mean Green fan since 88' back when there were less than a 1K people showing up for the games back in the IAA days. I am a little woried this year about winning the conference again due to the fact that the proposed starting QB is ineligible. I hear that the freshman from JJ Pearce is good, but all he need to do is hand the ball off when you have the 04 and 05 NCAA rushing camps in the backfield. I wish we could get out of the spare Sunbelt Conference but thanks to some blackballin by SMU a trip to C-USA didn't happen and the travel required to be in the WAC was too pricey.

I think two beatings for SMU when we play them in 06' and 07' will make me feel better about the situation.
post #34 of 34 (permalink) Old 08-02-2005, 03:23 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by J&T's 82
Im with Got5onit. I have been a Mean Green fan since 88' back when there were less than a 1K people showing up for the games back in the IAA days. I am a little woried this year about winning the conference again due to the fact that the proposed starting QB is ineligible. I hear that the freshman from JJ Pearce is good, but all he need to do is hand the ball off when you have the 04 and 05 NCAA rushing camps in the backfield. I wish we could get out of the spare Sunbelt Conference but thanks to some blackballin by SMU a trip to C-USA didn't happen and the travel required to be in the WAC was too pricey.

I think two beatings for SMU when we play them in 06' and 07' will make me feel better about the situation.

I cant wait to see NT spank those Donkeys from Dallas.

2007 SRT8-Grand Cherokee
2008 Cadillac Escalade
Sponsored Links
Advertisement