Soccer People - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 61 (permalink) Old 06-26-2005, 06:39 AM Thread Starter
Time Served

Soccer People

For all you soccer people that are interested North Texas is hosting the youth Southern Regional right now. It is at Russell Creek in Plano. It began on Friday and will end next weekend. Today is the last day of pool play.

I've been out there everyday so far (because I am working). If you want to see some great soccer go watch the U-17 or U-19 boys games!

Want some? Come get some, but you are gonna have to catch me.

1992 Special Edition Convertible (Vibrant Red with a white top and white ponies)
2005 GSX-R 600 Blue/White

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 61 (permalink) Old 06-26-2005, 11:20 AM
in memory of "lil' Roy"

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92special
For all you soccer people that are interested North Texas is hosting the youth Southern Regional right now. It is at Russell Creek in Plano. It began on Friday and will end next weekend. Today is the last day of pool play.

I've been out there everyday so far (because I am working). If you want to see some great soccer go watch the U-17 or U-19 boys games!
my daughters just won the gatorade tourney out there last weekend for the U-14 girls division!! the played at cheyennne!

winner of 5 out of 9 at the 2007 spring cruise!
winner of 2 out of 4 at Redline 7/21/07
winner of 4 out of 5 at the 10/21/07 fall cruise!
2009 spring cruise- won 1 out of 2 races!!!!!!
2010 spring cruise- 4 wins 2 losses but only raced 1 guy on my list and as usual couldn't find the others!!!!

RIP Roy Sebastion Fraga "lil' Roy" born december 7th 2010 gone back to heaven december 7th 2010 you will always be in our hearts and thoughts my special little grandson.
post #3 of 61 (permalink) Old 06-26-2005, 01:40 PM
Meeeeooowww

Quote:

You can't play soccer.

post #4 of 61 (permalink) Old 06-26-2005, 04:02 PM
Lifer

Omega Doom, which club are you daughters with?

CHL holder and Conservative...AKA "Domestic Terrorist"
post #5 of 61 (permalink) Old 06-26-2005, 08:41 PM Thread Starter
Time Served

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALLAN
You can't play soccer.
WHATEVER!!

Yeah, that is why I went to college on a scholarship to play.

1992 Special Edition Convertible (Vibrant Red with a white top and white ponies)

post #6 of 61 (permalink) Old 06-26-2005, 09:06 PM
Lifer

My daughter is playing college ball...where'd you play?

post #7 of 61 (permalink) Old 06-26-2005, 11:55 PM
in memory of "lil' Roy"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vertnut
Omega Doom, which club are you daughters with?
the play for mesquite TNT !!!

2010 spring cruise- 4 wins 2 losses but only raced 1 guy on my list and as usual couldn't find the others!!!!

RIP Roy Sebastion Fraga "lil' Roy" born december 7th 2010 gone back to heaven december 7th 2010 you will always be in our hearts and thoughts my special little grandson.
post #8 of 61 (permalink) Old 06-26-2005, 11:57 PM
i win.

i was suppose to be out there yesterday(sunday). my buddies lil sis is on the Texans U-16 i think? They are #1 in the nation right now, and shes supposidly the best player on the team.

She just got back from Japan not too long ago, played on the national team a year up, and still kicked ass.

Some good games are gonna be goin on this week and following weekend.
post #9 of 61 (permalink) Old 06-27-2005, 06:50 AM Thread Starter
Time Served

Quote:
My daughter is playing college ball...where'd you play?

I played at A&M-Commerce just because I wanted to stay close to home, but I was offered a spot at the Air Force Academy and Notre Dame offered scholarship money.

I played for the Texans. We went anywhere and everywhere that we could find a really good competitive tournament. Now I play in North Texas Women's DI.

Pool play ended yesterday, so now you lose you go home. Winner goes to nationals.

post #10 of 61 (permalink) Old 06-27-2005, 10:20 PM
i win.

Quote:
I played at A&M-Commerce just because I wanted to stay close to home, but I was offered a spot at the Air Force Academy and Notre Dame offered scholarship money.

I played for the Texans. We went anywhere and everywhere that we could find a really good competitive tournament. Now I play in North Texas Women's DI.

Pool play ended yesterday, so now you lose you go home. Winner goes to nationals.
what year did you play?
post #11 of 61 (permalink) Old 06-28-2005, 05:46 AM Thread Starter
Time Served

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cammin4V
what year did you play?
I played in Lake Highlands Girls Classic League from '90-'96. I played for the Texans for the last 2 years of that 94-96. I played for Commerce 96-98.

post #12 of 61 (permalink) Old 06-28-2005, 10:10 AM
Lifer

92 special must have been a '78 or '79 Texan. My daughter played with the Image Club and the Tejanos for many years. Got offers (and was accepted) to Rice, Tech (of course), U. New Mexico, and some others. Decided D1 was not her thing, and is a pre-med chemistry major at University of Dallas. All those years of club ball and showcase tournaments, and she's got a scholastic scholarship...go figure.

post #13 of 61 (permalink) Old 06-28-2005, 12:45 PM
Meeeeooowww

Quote:
92 special must have been a '78 or '79 Texan. My daughter played with the Image Club and the Tejanos for many years. Got offers (and was accepted) to Rice, Tech (of course), U. New Mexico, and some others. Decided D1 was not her thing, and is a pre-med chemistry major at University of Dallas. All those years of club ball and showcase tournaments, and she's got a scholastic scholarship...go figure.

LOL yeah that figures Jennifer was a 78 but she played up with 76 and 77 until her junior year in high school when she went to the 78 Texans. I can't even name all the places she went to play soccer. Guess in the long run it payed off cuz soccer payed for college.

I think you actually talked to my sister at a GTG. She said that she talked to someone with a green conv at a GTG about LHG Classic League.

post #14 of 61 (permalink) Old 06-28-2005, 12:45 PM
Lifer

haha played on 88 soccer america whoo hoo when they were good stopped playin a few years back and that tourny this weekend was huge i live in russle creek. a lot of good soccer though fun to watch.
post #15 of 61 (permalink) Old 06-28-2005, 02:25 PM
Lifer

ALLAN-
Your sister a lttle-bitty thing? I remember her at PaPa's a couple of years ago! I think she had a Baylor shirt on...I try to keep up with the LHGCL kids because my daughters' both played in the league for years. Yeah, we traveled all over the country to watch some damn good soccer! Tell your sis I said "Hi".

post #16 of 61 (permalink) Old 06-28-2005, 02:52 PM Thread Starter
Time Served

Quote:
ALLAN-
Your sister a lttle-bitty thing? I remember her at PaPa's a couple of years ago! I think she had a Baylor shirt on...I try to keep up with the LHGCL kids because my daughters' both played in the league for years. Yeah, we traveled all over the country to watch some damn good soccer! Tell your sis I said "Hi".

Yeah that was me. I remember talking to you. Your daughter was in hs at the time I think.

post #17 of 61 (permalink) Old 06-28-2005, 03:00 PM
Lifer

Did you play at Baylor for Randy? I know several of the '78 Image girls that went to Baylor- Nicki Hales, Angela Stephens, etc. My daughter still plays, and we still follow her team if it's within reason.

post #18 of 61 (permalink) Old 06-28-2005, 04:57 PM Thread Starter
Time Served

Quote:
Did you play at Baylor for Randy? I know several of the '78 Image girls that went to Baylor- Nicki Hales, Angela Stephens, etc. My daughter still plays, and we still follow her team if it's within reason.
Jerri, one of the twins went there too. I played at Tx A&M Commerce. A friend of mine gave me the shirt and I gave her one of mine.

Where does your daughter play? I am playing in NTWSA D1.

post #19 of 61 (permalink) Old 06-28-2005, 10:37 PM
Lifer

My oldest now plays at University of Dallas- a small private school. She was in Rome the spring semester, with most of her team mates. They played a few games against some Euro women teams while they were there. She'll be a junior this year, so she feels like a seasoned veteran. She's training this summer, and doing an internship at Parkland.

post #20 of 61 (permalink) Old 06-29-2005, 06:05 AM Thread Starter
Time Served

Quote:
My oldest now plays at University of Dallas- a small private school. She was in Rome the spring semester, with most of her team mates. They played a few games against some Euro women teams while they were there. She'll be a junior this year, so she feels like a seasoned veteran. She's training this summer, and doing an internship at Parkland.
Now that I am an "adult" I don't get to leave the country to play. I am refereeing though on top of playing. I am doing fairly wellwith it. I worked state cup, regionals, and ODP camp next week.

post #21 of 61 (permalink) Old 06-29-2005, 07:04 AM
Lifer

It's great that you can stay involved. I know Kaela is supposed to get her "D" in the next few weeks, because after college ball she might want to coach a club team or two. I told her to try and get her "A" in the next couple of years, because if you don't play much, it's VERY tough to get the national level licenses.

post #22 of 61 (permalink) Old 06-29-2005, 12:50 PM Thread Starter
Time Served

Quote:
It's great that you can stay involved. I know Kaela is supposed to get her "D" in the next few weeks, because after college ball she might want to coach a club team or two. I told her to try and get her "A" in the next couple of years, because if you don't play much, it's VERY tough to get the national level licenses.
She needs it if she wants to coach at that level otherwise it is basically a waste of money. All the major clubs in the classic league just want a D license. The problem is finding a clinic near you. I know they are having one in the D/FW area in August.

post #23 of 61 (permalink) Old 06-29-2005, 07:33 PM
Lifer

We have a family friend putting on a "D" this Summer. The "B" and "A" are a little different- some are only twice a year, and you have to make a reservation. If a "D" will do it club-wise, then I'm sure that's all she'll get.

post #24 of 61 (permalink) Old 06-30-2005, 06:11 AM Thread Starter
Time Served

Quote:
We have a family friend putting on a "D" this Summer. The "B" and "A" are a little different- some are only twice a year, and you have to make a reservation. If a "D" will do it club-wise, then I'm sure that's all she'll get.
Where are they doing it? I am getting my D this summer.

post #25 of 61 (permalink) Old 07-02-2005, 08:48 PM
Time Served

I play for the vipers jr. in mesquite! I also play for the Starz in indoor!!!

Fastest pocketbiker around!!!
if you think otherwise than bring it!
post #26 of 61 (permalink) Old 07-04-2005, 12:27 PM Thread Starter
Time Served

Anyone here have any kids leaving for ODP camp tomorrow?

post #27 of 61 (permalink) Old 07-18-2005, 12:22 PM
Punk Ass Newbie

really?

who the hell cares about a bunch of american scrubs that are embaressing themselves anyway i know i dont, thanks this is seacrest OUT
post #28 of 61 (permalink) Old 07-18-2005, 12:23 PM
I drive a fookin Honda

Quote:
Originally Posted by robert890571
who the hell cares about a bunch of american scrubs that are embaressing themselves anyway i know i dont, thanks this is seacrest OUT
Get a life fuckin PAN.
post #29 of 61 (permalink) Old 07-18-2005, 01:54 PM
in memory of "lil' Roy"

Quote:
maybe you forget the womens USA national team has been the best for years now!!

post #30 of 61 (permalink) Old 07-18-2005, 02:13 PM
Recovering Lush

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMEGA DOOM
maybe you forget the womens USA national team has been the best for years now!!
while he was a bit off in his approach.....

This is Texas, not some small country in Europe: We don't really care about soccer here, other than using it as an intro to other sports for children. We care about football, basketball, and baseball......and on occasion, hockey. But that's it. Ask an average Texan if they'd rather see their team in a wildcard playoff game, or watch the women's national team play for whatever title it is they play for..........and see what the overwhelming answer is.

Note: This is not to say that I believe all the nonsense spouted about soccer/soccer players: They are athletes, it is a gueling game, and it takes loads of skill......but, to quote Dave Chapelle as Prince: "This bores me." Soccer is not exactly a thrill a minute viewing experience.

color=#606060]
Quote:
"The Father-heart of God was... thrilled with me -- an immature, mess-making spiritual infant... My heavenly Father was enjoying me while I was yet in the process of maturing, not sighing in disgust and waiting impatiently until I grew up. He loved and longed for me; He felt proud and was excited over me while I was falling short."
Quote:
Mike Bickle

[

Sober By Grace Ministries: A Ministry of The James 2:26 Project
[size=1]Where New Beginnings Start
www.soberbygrace.org
post #31 of 61 (permalink) Old 07-18-2005, 03:12 PM
in memory of "lil' Roy"

Quote:
Originally Posted by HookEm
while he was a bit off in his approach.....

This is Texas, not some small country in Europe: We don't really care about soccer here, other than using it as an intro to other sports for children. We care about football, basketball, and baseball......and on occasion, hockey. But that's it. Ask an average Texan if they'd rather see their team in a wildcard playoff game, or watch the women's national team play for whatever title it is they play for..........and see what the overwhelming answer is.

Note: This is not to say that I believe all the nonsense spouted about soccer/soccer players: They are athletes, it is a gueling game, and it takes loads of skill......but, to quote Dave Chapelle as Prince: "This bores me." Soccer is not exactly a thrill a minute viewing experience.
well said but maybe the fact that the USA does not dominate in this sport might have alittle do with this? you have to be a fan to appreciate this sport just like all the other ones? baseball bores the shit out of me to watch but I like to play it? basketball same damn thing and those two sports are no longer dominated by just american's any more!! Football is the only sport that is still just our's(fuck that canadian and overseas shit!) and if you ask the real majority of "Texan's" (which will probably be Mexican) than they will say soccer!

post #32 of 61 (permalink) Old 07-18-2005, 10:45 PM
Punk Ass Newbie

womens soccer

the only reason we are good at female soccer is because we are the only fukin country that lets women even touch a soccer ball as a child so id hope we win somthing.
post #33 of 61 (permalink) Old 07-19-2005, 01:48 AM
in memory of "lil' Roy"

Quote:
the only reason we are good at female soccer is because we are the only fukin country that lets women even touch a soccer ball as a child so id hope we win somthing.
are you smokin' diesel fuel??? a soccer ball is about the only damn thing most the other countries can afford! the women had to have played somebody to become #1??? and there are only two sports that every country on this planet will recognize? Boxing and............................ thats right mofo Soccer!

post #34 of 61 (permalink) Old 07-19-2005, 02:47 AM
CHINGON RACING

Quote:
fuck you bitch!! soccer rules!

post #35 of 61 (permalink) Old 07-19-2005, 10:48 AM
Punk Ass Newbie

you are like my little brother

you pour millions of dollars into the womens soccer team just so idiots like you will feel good about your country winning somthing, your mens team sure as hell cant lol
post #36 of 61 (permalink) Old 07-19-2005, 11:22 AM
in memory of "lil' Roy"

Quote:
you pour millions of dollars into the womens soccer team just so idiots like you will feel good about your country winning somthing, your mens team sure as hell cant lol
LOL! their the best nonetheless! millions of dollar's probably goes into advertisements for women athletes not just about womens soccer? you probably have had your ass kicked by a girl and thats why you don't want to give them any credit?

post #37 of 61 (permalink) Old 07-19-2005, 02:10 PM
Time Served

Quote:
since the good ol' USA has so much money to throw around you would think they would invest some of it into being one of the best in true world sport?
post #38 of 61 (permalink) Old 07-19-2005, 02:20 PM
Rookie

I played for tons of teams.lol
The classic teams i played for were Genisis, Royal United, and the Celtics. Dad made me quite to play baseball.

87 LX Hatch -- Project 302 [email protected] -- 4 Sale
89 4 eye coupe (Grayhorse)
07 Harley Truck S/C
08 G-37S
LockoutSupplements.com
post #39 of 61 (permalink) Old 07-19-2005, 02:31 PM
Time Served

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRAYHORSE
The classic teams i played for were Genisis, Royal United, and the Celtics. Dad made me quite to play baseball.
so did you like playing? are you going to redline saturday? maybe we can line em' up? I have a green coupe with welds, what time are you going to get there?
post #40 of 61 (permalink) Old 07-19-2005, 02:48 PM
Time Served

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRAYHORSE
I am still better than you!

Fastest pocketbiker around!!!
if you think otherwise than bring it!
post #41 of 61 (permalink) Old 07-19-2005, 07:52 PM
Rookie

of corse i liked it or i would have played classic ball and done all the traveling. I played for just over 10 yrs.

07 Harley Truck S/C
08 G-37S
LockoutSupplements.com
post #42 of 61 (permalink) Old 07-19-2005, 08:33 PM
Lifer

OK Robert, what country are you from ? Come clean...come on...you can do it...does your country offer ANYTHING to be proud of? Soccer is still very new to this country. Were you ever an athlete? Probably not of any caliber, or you wouldn't be such a prick, and appreciate the effort it requires to be worth a shit at ANY sport. Our youth teams kicked the SHIT out of the Europeans this year in the Dallas Cup. Well, what do you think? That's your future for years to come...seeing Americans take over a Euro sport. Hockey in the '80 Olympics? Think about it...the future is now.

post #43 of 61 (permalink) Old 07-20-2005, 01:15 AM
Time Served

Quote:
OK Robert, what country are you from ? Come clean...come on...you can do it...does your country offer ANYTHING to be proud of? Soccer is still very new to this country. Were you ever an athlete? Probably not of any caliber, or you wouldn't be such a prick, and appreciate the effort it requires to be worth a shit at ANY sport. Our youth teams kicked the SHIT out of the Europeans this year in the Dallas Cup. Well, what do you think? That's your future for years to come...seeing Americans take over a Euro sport. Hockey in the '80 Olympics? Think about it...the future is now.
well said!
post #44 of 61 (permalink) Old 07-20-2005, 01:53 PM
Punk Ass Newbie

chuckle

you americans are so cocky, this is exactly why everyone else in the world hates you guys
post #45 of 61 (permalink) Old 07-20-2005, 02:19 PM
Time Served

Quote:
you americans are so cocky, this is exactly why everyone else in the world hates you guys
were not cocky? were just confident! or just flat out the best!!!!!! where are you from by the way?
post #46 of 61 (permalink) Old 07-20-2005, 02:56 PM
Rookie

Quote:

we're not only cocky, we're also fatass lazy ppl for the most part.

07 Harley Truck S/C
08 G-37S
LockoutSupplements.com
post #47 of 61 (permalink) Old 07-20-2005, 03:00 PM
Lifer

It's not cocky if you can do it. You still haven't answered my question...what is your country of origin? And what are you doing here if you hate us? Our money is good enough for you, or you wouldn't be here.

post #48 of 61 (permalink) Old 07-20-2005, 05:45 PM
Time Served

Quote:
It's not cocky if you can do it. You still haven't answered my question...what is your country of origin? And what are you doing here if you hate us? Our money is good enough for you, or you wouldn't be here.
yes!
Smack Me
post #49 of 61 (permalink) Old 07-21-2005, 10:51 AM
Punk Ass Newbie

im here learning at your schools then i sell the info that i gather to the iraqis and make lots of money off u dumb cocky fucks
post #50 of 61 (permalink) Old 07-21-2005, 11:32 AM
Lifer

Selling info? Well at least you're not relying on your comedy for a living, because it truly sucks. We still don't know where you're from, so I guess you're ashamed of your homeland. I don't blame you. Every other place on this earth plays second fiddle to US, and always will. Kind of like in my earlier post about the future of soccer being our youth, you just need to deal with it. I know it's tough to come to grips with the fact that you're here because your own country does not have capable universities and colleges to educate you. I just hope that when you're done with us educating you, that go back to whatever hole-in-the-wall country you came from, and live a meager existence.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement