Mayweather vs. Gatti Sat Night-who you taking? - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-23-2005, 10:31 PM Thread Starter
bum that rides a bike

Mayweather vs. Gatti Sat Night-who you taking?

My money is on Mayweather, who are you taking? who do you think will win this? Ill be ordering it on PPV, hope its good.......

current odds-
Mayweather -360
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-23-2005, 11:13 PM
Blessed

I want Gatti to win, but I think Mayweather will. Mayweather is just to quick it will be hard for Gatti to catch him.
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-23-2005, 11:56 PM
Time Served

Pretty boy/Lightning all the way !!!

This should be in the sport's forums. But Mayweather is going to give Gatti a pretty good beat down !!!

post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-24-2005, 06:03 AM
I drive a fookin Honda

Gatti has heart and is a people's champion but common sense tells you to pick Mayweather. He is on a totally different level.
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-24-2005, 06:16 AM
DFWmustangs.net

My Prediction is that Mayweather will more than likely win the fight, Gatti has to eat alot of punches just to get close enough for him to be effective/chance to win.

<---- Gatti fan
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-24-2005, 08:12 AM Thread Starter
bum that rides a bike

here are my thoughts.......

Gatti has to jump on floyd and hurt him to the body, push him to the ropes and get the pro-gatti crowd into it. Build some momentum early, ala ricky hatton, if ricky had been patient, Tszyu would still be champ and johnson wouldnt have beaten jones and tarver and brewster wouldnt have beaten golota, barrera/morales 3, pacquaio/marquez etc...etc.......

You are out-talented (not so in all of the above), you have to start quickly and, as I said, I actually think that the judges, with the crowd and all, will be looking to help gatti if possible; that's what i think.......

But if he stands outside with Mayweather, I doubt he goes 12 rounds, floyd will pick him to pieces much like Corales. Im not sold on Mcgirt as a super trainer, i think he'll have Gatti do what he did with the shorter,less quick guys like Leija and I think thats a HUGE mistake. He was outboxed by manfredy and robinson and if i recall, gatti was having some trouble with branco.

Branco who was fairly slow, jab and a right hand, no power but he was dropping the right hand on gatti early. Maybe Gatti overlooked him but, Gatti struggles with boxers that are around his height. He has to use his size and those monster hooks to the body if he wants to have a legitimate chance.

If he takes the fight to floyd and uses that strength to bully floyd, gets the crowd into it and gets a big crowd reaction every time he does something positive and doesn't break up, who knows it is boxing after all and we have seen crazier things happen.

who thought castillo could fluster floyd? But, he did.........

Anyway, enough rambling, Mayweather is who im taking possibly via a cut or multiple punch stoppage late. If Gatti thinks he's a boxer vs this caliber of fighter,and tries to be cute, it could get real ugly real fast, and Mayweather could put on a boxing clinic.........
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-24-2005, 08:14 AM
Ide fuck her in the ass..

ide bet on mayweather...

WTB: At&T phone... pm me what ya got...

Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-24-2005, 08:43 AM
I drive a fookin Honda

I love Gatti as a fighter but have a feeling his face is going to look like hambuger meat before the night is over.
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-24-2005, 09:42 AM
in memory of "lil' Roy"

wrong forum but mayweather will probably win with a hit and run style! but if he lets his ego get the best of him then maybe he'll stand in there and trade(not likely,but you never know)and then if only gatti can land that left hook?????

winner of 5 out of 9 at the 2007 spring cruise!
winner of 2 out of 4 at Redline 7/21/07
winner of 4 out of 5 at the 10/21/07 fall cruise!
2009 spring cruise- won 1 out of 2 races!!!!!!
2010 spring cruise- 4 wins 2 losses but only raced 1 guy on my list and as usual couldn't find the others!!!!

RIP Roy Sebastion Fraga "lil' Roy" born december 7th 2010 gone back to heaven december 7th 2010 you will always be in our hearts and thoughts my special little grandson.
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-24-2005, 04:23 PM
you wanna run?

I put my money on Mayweather ($20), but I hope I lose my money.

Formerly on the Submarine USS Maryland SSBN 738G
post #11 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-25-2005, 08:07 AM
in memory of "lil' Roy"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phillip
I put my money on Mayweather ($20), but I hope I lose my money.
I sure hope Gatti at least hit's him on the chin a few times!

2010 spring cruise- 4 wins 2 losses but only raced 1 guy on my list and as usual couldn't find the others!!!!

RIP Roy Sebastion Fraga "lil' Roy" born december 7th 2010 gone back to heaven december 7th 2010 you will always be in our hearts and thoughts my special little grandson.
post #12 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-25-2005, 03:41 PM
JKD
Gracie Jiu Jitsu Addict

Location: The weapon is only as good as the person wielding it.
This one is going to be tough to call. This fight almost didnt happen. On June 10th Mayweather had to plead no-contest on a bar room brawl court case he swears he wasnt guilty of. He's PISSED he had to pay someone 1.5 million dollars because Gatti said "June 25th or no fight" If Mayweather had taken his case to jury court he could not have made this fight. So Mayweather is going in full of hate, it could work for him or against him but we will see.

Gatti is tough, no doubt about that. We saw that with his three fights with Ward. But he got severely beaten by someone similiar named De La Hoya which his corner threw the towel in. Mayweather is faster and more powerful then De La Hoya so this could get real ugly. Gatti has an iron chin so he may not get knocked out but he will take a beating unless Mayweather walks into Gatti's notorious left hand.

Mayweather's cocky attitude, several arrests for domestic abuse, wannabe thug, bar room challenges make it difficult to be a fan of his, but I am a fan of the Mayweather in the ring.

My pick - Mayweather by decision.

Anyone getting PPV for this tonight?

Shrimp'n ain't easy....
post #13 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-25-2005, 10:48 PM
in memory of "lil' Roy"

mayweather wins after gatti's corner stops it after 6th rd. what a suprise!

post #14 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-25-2005, 11:28 PM
JKD
Gracie Jiu Jitsu Addict

Location: The weapon is only as good as the person wielding it.
Mayweather tortures Gatti!
By Matt Richardson and Ryan Mickendrow at ringside
Undefeated Floyd Mayweather seized the WBC super lightweight title by stopping Arturo "Thunder" Gatti at the end of round six after a dominating, virtuoso performance Saturday night at Boardwalk Hall in Atlantic City. Mayweather (34-0, 23 KOs) floored Gatti in round one while Gatti was distracted expecting referee Earl Morton to step in. Floyd's hand speed allowed him to pick apart Gatti at will with hard shots. Gatti's left eye was swelling badly by round three. Round four was completely one-sided as Gatti (38-7, 29 KOs) continued to absorb punishment. The beating continued in rounds five and six, after which Gatti's corner stopped the bout. After the fight, Gatti said he would likely return at 147.

His next fight.......Ricky Hatton!! Now that will be a brawl to see!!!

Shrimp'n ain't easy....
post #15 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-26-2005, 12:27 AM
in memory of "lil' Roy"

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKD
Mayweather tortures Gatti!
By Matt Richardson and Ryan Mickendrow at ringside
Undefeated Floyd Mayweather seized the WBC super lightweight title by stopping Arturo "Thunder" Gatti at the end of round six after a dominating, virtuoso performance Saturday night at Boardwalk Hall in Atlantic City. Mayweather (34-0, 23 KOs) floored Gatti in round one while Gatti was distracted expecting referee Earl Morton to step in. Floyd's hand speed allowed him to pick apart Gatti at will with hard shots. Gatti's left eye was swelling badly by round three. Round four was completely one-sided as Gatti (38-7, 29 KOs) continued to absorb punishment. The beating continued in rounds five and six, after which Gatti's corner stopped the bout. After the fight, Gatti said he would likely return at 147.

His next fight.......Ricky Hatton!! Now that will be a brawl to see!!!
thats for sure!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement