National FlagFootball League coming your way...death of the NFL is nigh - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-24-2005, 10:39 PM Thread Starter
Recovering Lush

National FlagFootball League coming your way...death of the NFL is nigh

One step closer to this, with the passing of the "Roy Williams rule" today....

'Roy Williams Rule' passed by NFL owners

04:45 PM CDT on Tuesday, May 24, 2005

By RICK GOSSELIN / The Dallas Morning News

The NFL voted to outlaw the horse-collar tackle Tuesday at its annual spring meeting. It had been dubbed the "Roy Williams Rule" because the Cowboys safety had injured four players using that tackling technique in 2004.

The measure passed by a 27-5 vote with the Cowboys, Detroit, New England, New Orleans and San Francisco all voting against. Cowboys owner Jerry Jones even spoke to the group about his opposition, calling the rule "too vague."

Atlanta Falcons general manager Rich McKay, the co-chairman of the NFL competition committee, made the presentation to club owners proposing the rule change but bristles when he hears it referred to as the "Roy Williams Rule."

"I don't like that because he's a good football player and did absolutely nothing illegal," McKay said of Williams. "The way he tackled and the way he went about getting people down was absolutely legal.

"I don't like the perception that we're after some illegal contact. We weren't. We're just trying to say that as a committee, we're nervous that this tactic, if copied, could lead to more injuries, serious injuries. I don't like the fact it's focused on one guy."
LINK

color=#606060]
Quote:
"The Father-heart of God was... thrilled with me -- an immature, mess-making spiritual infant... My heavenly Father was enjoying me while I was yet in the process of maturing, not sighing in disgust and waiting impatiently until I grew up. He loved and longed for me; He felt proud and was excited over me while I was falling short."
Quote:
Mike Bickle

[

Sober By Grace Ministries: A Ministry of The James 2:26 Project
[size=1]Where New Beginnings Start
www.soberbygrace.org
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-24-2005, 10:42 PM
10% Real Fruit Juice

just how much do you love the cock ?
post #3 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-24-2005, 10:46 PM Thread Starter
Recovering Lush

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyMCev
just how much do you love the cock ?
More Than Words......click me
(Extreme)

Saying I love you
Is not the words I want to hear from you
It's not that I want you
Not to say, but if you only knew
How easy it would be to show me how you feel
More than words is all you have to do to make it real
Then you wouldn't have to say that you love me
'Cause I'd already know

What would you do if my heart was torn in two?
More than words to show you feel
That your love for me is real
What would you say if I took those words away?
Then you couldn't make things new
Just by saying I love you

More than words.....

Now I've tried to talk to you and make you understand
All you have to do is close your eyes
And just reach out your hands and touch me
Hold me close don't ever let me go
More than words is all I ever needed you to show
Then you wouldn't have to say that you love me
'Cause I'd already know

What would you do if my heart was torn in two?
More than words to show you feel
That your love for me is real
What would you say if I took those words away?
Then you couldn't make things new
Just by saying I love you

More than words.....

color=#606060]
Quote:
"The Father-heart of God was... thrilled with me -- an immature, mess-making spiritual infant... My heavenly Father was enjoying me while I was yet in the process of maturing, not sighing in disgust and waiting impatiently until I grew up. He loved and longed for me; He felt proud and was excited over me while I was falling short."
Quote:
Mike Bickle

[

www.soberbygrace.org

post #4 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-24-2005, 11:41 PM
Ultimate X-phoria

Kudos to the NFL. For once they've done something I'm in agreeance with. I've always been against that form of tackling even before Williams came into the league. It hasn't happened but I don't want to see one of my favorite players career end because he got pulled down from behind by a guy who wasn't fast enough or close enough to rap him up so he grabs him by the collar. (Longest sentence ever so i'm not editing it) I know all the cowboy lovers will hate this because, well it's how Roy Williams tackles. Let the crying begin.
post #5 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-25-2005, 12:22 AM
#4 Best QB Ever

Shouldn't it be the tacklee's (the guy being tackled) job to be the two or three steps quicker so he can't be brought down like that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DON SVO View Post
Women: vaginal life support.
post #6 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-25-2005, 01:46 AM Thread Starter
Recovering Lush

What does this have to do with "Cowboy lovers"?
Either you like the violence of the NFL, or you teeter more towards the edge of the WNFL. This is the 10000th in a string of bad moves by the NFL to penalize the defense, and give the offense an edge.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood
Kudos to the NFL. For once they've done something I'm in agreeance with. I've always been against that form of tackling even before Williams came into the league. It hasn't happened but I don't want to see one of my favorite players career end because he got pulled down from behind by a guy who wasn't fast enough or close enough to rap him up so he grabs him by the collar. (Longest sentence ever so i'm not editing it) I know all the cowboy lovers will hate this because, well it's how Roy Williams tackles. Let the crying begin.

color=#606060]
Quote:
Quote:
Mike Bickle

[

www.soberbygrace.org
post #7 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-25-2005, 01:46 AM Thread Starter
Recovering Lush

Quote:
Originally Posted by That_Is_My_El_Camino
Shouldn't it be the tacklee's (the guy being tackled) job to be the two or three steps quicker so he can't be brought down like that?

damn you, and your voice of reason!

color=#606060]
Quote:
Quote:
Mike Bickle

[

www.soberbygrace.org
post #8 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-25-2005, 01:55 AM
bottle baby

looks boring.
post #9 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-25-2005, 05:02 AM
98 SVT Cobra

Good ruling, if Williams wasn't so slow he would have no need to have to bring them down from behind.

Disclaimer:
No other posters were flamed, ridiculed, persecuted, belittled, berated, judged or otherwise in the making of the above-posted reply. It is with respect all are asked to observe this and to provide the same courtesy bestowed upon those who have posted and those who will post. Yada, Yada, doublespeak and so forth!
post #10 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-25-2005, 09:26 AM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonDog
Good ruling, if Williams wasn't so slow he would have no need to have to bring them down from behind.
At least he doesn't get caught at the airport with a kit used to defeat drug testing.
post #11 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-25-2005, 10:47 AM
Trucks are slow

that is a sissy faggot rule, you should be able to tackle someone anyway you want, closeline, horse collar, whatever. If TO wasnt one of the guys who got hurt nobody would care, pretty soon you wont be able to tackle the quarterback anymore. The league gets more sissified every year because the players make so much money, players like Ronnie Lott and Dick Butkus would be kicked out of the league in todays era
post #12 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-25-2005, 11:00 AM
Time Served

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidnightRunner
that is a sissy faggot rule, you should be able to tackle someone anyway you want, closeline, horse collar, whatever. If TO wasnt one of the guys who got hurt nobody would care, pretty soon you wont be able to tackle the quarterback anymore. The league gets more sissified every year because the players make so much money, players like Ronnie Lott and Dick Butkus would be kicked out of the league in todays era
post #13 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-25-2005, 11:44 AM Thread Starter
Recovering Lush

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonDog
LMFAO!
The Bi-Queens don't have ONE player on that "defense" that could hold Williams jock.

color=#606060]
Quote:
Quote:
Mike Bickle

[

www.soberbygrace.org
post #14 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-25-2005, 05:11 PM
Ultimate X-phoria

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidnightRunner
Because breaking someone's leg makes you a man.
post #15 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-25-2005, 05:13 PM
Trucks are slow

Quote:
Because breaking someone's leg makes you a man.
because it is footbal(a physical game) and people get hurt

they dont ban fighting in hockey because guys get hurt
post #16 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-25-2005, 11:00 PM
\(_o)/

Quote:
Let the crying begin.
Ironic that the people who were crying to begin with already did and got this lame rule passed. Always watch your 6, its fucking common knowledge when playing football or another contact sport.

post #17 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-26-2005, 02:14 AM
Lifer

Anyone notice the guy's that are happy about this and chiming in support teams that suck or have never won the one that counts. lol As long as they beat the boy's that is all that matters to them. I guess thay have Cowboy envy.
post #18 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-26-2005, 08:01 AM
Ultimate X-phoria

Quote:
Originally Posted by slvr01
Anyone notice the guy's that are happy about this and chiming in support teams that suck or have never won the one that counts. lol As long as they beat the boy's that is all that matters to them. I guess thay have Cowboy envy.
My team voted against the rule and has one the one that counts 5 times. The cowboys have sucked the past few years, what planet are you living on?
post #19 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-26-2005, 10:37 AM
Lifer

Quote:
My team voted against the rule and has one the one that counts 5 times. The cowboys have sucked the past few years, what planet are you living on?
Like I said some people have cowboy envy. The niners were the worst team in the league last year and prob be close to that this year too. like many non cowboy fans like to say your living in the past they haven't won a sb in years. The boys have won a sb more recently than your niners.
post #20 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-26-2005, 03:47 PM
Ultimate X-phoria

Quote:
Originally Posted by slvr01
Like I said some people have cowboy envy. The niners were the worst team in the league last year and prob be close to that this year too. like many non cowboy fans like to say your living in the past they haven't won a sb in years. The boys have won a sb more recently than your niners.
lol, by a year. Niners in 94, cowboys in 95.
But the niners voted AGAINST the rule. They were FOR the horse collar tackle. So your theory holds no water or even poop for that matter.
post #21 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-27-2005, 12:23 AM Thread Starter
Recovering Lush

The Niners have sucked since the mafia ownership/staff bailed out (Debartolo, Policy, et al).

color=#606060]
Quote:
Quote:
Mike Bickle

[

www.soberbygrace.org
post #22 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-28-2005, 12:12 AM
Lifer

Quote:
lol, by a year. Niners in 94, cowboys in 95.
But the niners voted AGAINST the rule. They were FOR the horse collar tackle. So your theory holds no water or even poop for that matter.
I don't care how they voted I was talking about fans of said teams always jumping in with some kind of anti-Cowboy comment. So your theory holds no poop. Must be Cowboy envy only way to explain it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement