Rangers just beat the White Sox - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-16-2005, 09:08 PM Thread Starter
Texas Rangers #1

Rangers just beat the White Sox

I think they'll make it into the playoffs this year. It's incredible that two years ago they were one of the wost teams in Baseball.

Any other Rangers fans here?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-16-2005, 09:09 PM
Time Served

Damn that was fast
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-16-2005, 09:47 PM
gear jammer

I have followed them since the late eighties.I have always liked them(especially when J. Oates was manager)

I just cant see them making the playoffs with their rotation.Last year the bullpen really kept them in it.This year its taken a hit with all the injuries.
I am so glad A-Rod is gone.He didnt fit in with the team that Showalter was trying to field.

Live..ride..dream

1998 Suzuki TL1000
1983 HD FXSB

post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-16-2005, 10:32 PM
Old School

Thumbs up

<----fan of all the Dallas teams.

Good game by the Rangers tonight! Way to battle back after the grand slam.

Go Schrek!

Trevor
White 93 Hatch with some stuff done to it. whistles innocently
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-16-2005, 11:19 PM
Time Served

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRAXX
<----fan of all the Dallas teams.

Good game by the Rangers tonight! Way to battle back after the grand slam.

Go Schrek!
Yessss finally some1 else that actually knows mench' nick namei was yellin "come on shrek "and every1 was giving me a funny look
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-17-2005, 02:06 AM
bottle baby

i knew that it was his nick, but why?
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-17-2005, 07:48 AM
R.E.N.G.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zcs626
i knew that it was his nick, but why?

his ten gallon ogre head

and oh yeah, go rangers!
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-17-2005, 08:02 AM Thread Starter
Texas Rangers #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucky
I have followed them since the late eighties.I have always liked them(especially when J. Oates was manager)

I just cant see them making the playoffs with their rotation.Last year the bullpen really kept them in it.This year its taken a hit with all the injuries.
I am so glad A-Rod is gone.He didnt fit in with the team that Showalter was trying to field.
They are certainly having alot of problems with the injury bug and the bullpen this year, but they way I look at it is that their doing great with all the injuries right now, and can only do better as people start coming off the dl.

How 'bout Kenny Rogers? It's incredible that he can still pitch so well at his age. Chan Ho Park has also shown some good stuff as well, last nights grand slam was an exception, but after that he calmed down.

post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-17-2005, 05:49 PM
Ultimate X-phoria

White Sox fan here. Been to 5 Ranger games this year and of course saw last nights game being a Sox fan and all. Rangers have some really good bats, but the bullpen is weak save Cabrero. The starting pitching has been a surprise for you guys but I just don't see you guys over taking the Angels for that division although the season is young. I think the Rangers will finish above 500 but just don't see them going to the playoffs with that pitching.
El Duque stunk last night but credit the rangers for taking advantage of him. The real test comes tonight against a 7-0 Garland and then tomorrow against Burhle. Those are the aces of our staff.
post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-17-2005, 05:55 PM
Time Served

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood
White Sox fan here. Been to 5 Ranger games this year and of course saw last nights game being a Sox fan and all. Rangers have some really good bats, but the bullpen is weak save Cabrero. The starting pitching has been a surprise for you guys but I just don't see you guys over taking the Angels for that division although the season is young. I think the Rangers will finish above 500 but just don't see them going to the playoffs with that pitching.
El Duque stunk last night but credit the rangers for taking advantage of him. The real test comes tonight against a 7-0 Garland and then tomorrow against Burhle. Those are the aces of our staff.
rangers seem to hit great against the "ace" pitchers.. if pedro can pitch like he dida couple of outtings ago when he went 8 scoreless innings and before that when he went 8 inning with 1 run its gona be a great shootout the best chance the rangers have is staying away from their bullpen and getin atleast 8 from the starter and then co co is a pretty solid closer... should be a close game tonight go rangers
post #11 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-17-2005, 10:37 PM
#4 Best QB Ever

I'm a Rangers fan, but I really don't see them making it to the playoffs this year. It could happen (and I hope it does), but I don't think it will.

Pitching has been their weakness as long as I can remember. If it's not the starting pitching that you can't put your faith into, then it's the bullpen. This year, the starters seem to be doing pretty good (especially the old man), but the relievers are shaky, injury-ridden or not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DON SVO View Post
Women: vaginal life support.
post #12 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-18-2005, 02:29 AM
I'm going Commando

Quote:
Drink plenty at the game? Cordero is a top level closer and can be counted on for more than a 3 out save (Big plus). The problem is getting from a starter, any of them really, to the ninth. Lots of mediocre arms and specialty men. Nick Regilio as a set up man? He was 5th starter out of camp, turned long reliever, sent to minors, now we trust the 8th inning to him? Not so fast. Not one but 2 quality young arms now on the shelf for the year with Tommy John ligament replacement surgery? The answer: a high priced NY Yankee castaway who failed as a starter Oakland and a long reliever (sound familiar) named Steve Karsay. I love this team but I don't know where it is headed this year.
post #13 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-18-2005, 04:24 PM
Ultimate X-phoria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bignasty
rangers seem to hit great against the "ace" pitchers.. if pedro can pitch like he dida couple of outtings ago when he went 8 scoreless innings and before that when he went 8 inning with 1 run its gona be a great shootout the best chance the rangers have is staying away from their bullpen and getin atleast 8 from the starter and then co co is a pretty solid closer... should be a close game tonight go rangers
Care to retract that statement after Garland and Burhle had their way with the Rangers?

Last edited by Hollywood; 05-18-2005 at 04:34 PM.
post #14 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-18-2005, 04:28 PM
Ultimate X-phoria

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanB
Drink plenty at the game? Cordero is a top level closer and can be counted on for more than a 3 out save (Big plus). The problem is getting from a starter, any of them really, to the ninth. Lots of mediocre arms and specialty men. Nick Regilio as a set up man? He was 5th starter out of camp, turned long reliever, sent to minors, now we trust the 8th inning to him? Not so fast. Not one but 2 quality young arms now on the shelf for the year with Tommy John ligament replacement surgery? The answer: a high priced NY Yankee castaway who failed as a starter Oakland and a long reliever (sound familiar) named Steve Karsay. I love this team but I don't know where it is headed this year.
My comment means "the bull pen is weak, except for Cordero, meaning he's good". Come on Ryan.
post #15 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-18-2005, 04:33 PM
I'm going Commando

Quote:
My comment means "the bull pen is weak, except for Cordero, meaning he's good". Come on Ryan.
I knew what you meant. All crap, save (except for) Cordero, I was just giving you crap on your spelling of the closer. You're one of the few "sports fans", although a little too much for one team or another, who I can stand to read their posts.
post #16 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-18-2005, 04:34 PM
Ultimate X-phoria

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanB
I knew what you meant. All crap, save (except for) Cordero, I was just giving you crap on your spelling of the closer. You're one of the few "sports fans", although a little too much for one team or another, who I can stand to read their posts.
ah, lol, sorry. I'm at work and not supposed to be on the internet. I'm looking over my shoulder. As a result, my reading comprehension, spelling, etc. are suffering.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement