Another bowling thread. - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-14-2005, 07:22 PM Thread Starter
JKD
Gracie Jiu Jitsu Addict

Location: The weapon is only as good as the person wielding it.
Another bowling thread.

Well, I picked up a new "Big Time" yesterday and practiced the 3 free games they give ya when buyin a new ball. I havent bowled in about 3 years or so. After that kind of lay off time I shot , 198, 268,268. It's a good ball that's pretty aggressive and surprisingly forgiving with a tug here and swing there. I was playing 14 to 5 about 40 feet out and crushing the pocket. I went with a 15.4 lb instead of a 16. With the way the new stuff hits there is no reason to throw the heavy stuff anymore. Plus I'm now and getting lazy in my old age. lol.

I'm gonna go to AMF Garland in the morning for the rent-a-lane from 11am-1pm. 2 hours for 18 bucks isnt bad at all.

Steve

Shrimp'n ain't easy....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-14-2005, 08:20 PM
in memory of "lil' Roy"

maybe sometime in the near future we can meet up somewhere to do a little bowlin'(although I suck) I just like to bowl for fun anyways! the family and I have been to fun fest many times to bowl and play games ever been?

winner of 5 out of 9 at the 2007 spring cruise!
winner of 2 out of 4 at Redline 7/21/07
winner of 4 out of 5 at the 10/21/07 fall cruise!
2009 spring cruise- won 1 out of 2 races!!!!!!
2010 spring cruise- 4 wins 2 losses but only raced 1 guy on my list and as usual couldn't find the others!!!!

RIP Roy Sebastion Fraga "lil' Roy" born december 7th 2010 gone back to heaven december 7th 2010 you will always be in our hearts and thoughts my special little grandson.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-14-2005, 08:56 PM Thread Starter
JKD
Gracie Jiu Jitsu Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMEGA DOOM
maybe sometime in the near future we can meet up somewhere to do a little bowlin'(although I suck) I just like to bowl for fun anyways! the family and I have been to fun fest many times to bowl and play games ever been?

Hehe, Funfest is for "no bowlers" meaning people who don't bowl on a regular basis. Regular bowlers stay away from those places like the plague. Usually really messy, full of people who know nothing of lane courtsey and lane conditions are a joke.

Ya, I've been there to answer your question, but not to competitvely bowl.

Shrimp'n ain't easy....

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-14-2005, 10:35 PM
in memory of "lil' Roy"

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKD
Hehe, Funfest is for "no bowlers" meaning people who don't bowl on a regular basis. Regular bowlers stay away from those places like the plague. Usually really messy, full of people who know nothing of lane courtsey and lane conditions are a joke.

Ya, I've been there to answer your question, but not to competitvely bowl.
well then I'm a "no bowlin' fool!

winner of 5 out of 9 at the 2007 spring cruise!
winner of 2 out of 4 at Redline 7/21/07
winner of 4 out of 5 at the 10/21/07 fall cruise!
2009 spring cruise- won 1 out of 2 races!!!!!!
2010 spring cruise- 4 wins 2 losses but only raced 1 guy on my list and as usual couldn't find the others!!!!

RIP Roy Sebastion Fraga "lil' Roy" born december 7th 2010 gone back to heaven december 7th 2010 you will always be in our hearts and thoughts my special little grandson.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-14-2005, 10:58 PM Thread Starter
JKD
Gracie Jiu Jitsu Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMEGA DOOM
well then I'm a "no bowlin' fool!

Ha! It's ok bro, my Dad has been pro for over 30 years and I obviously grew up with it. There is pictures of me as a baby in my diapers on the lane sitting on the approach with my Dad helpin me push the ball down the lane.

Shrimp'n ain't easy....
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-15-2005, 02:52 AM
Time Served

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKD
Well, I picked up a new "Big Time" yesterday and practiced the 3 free games they give ya when buyin a new ball. I havent bowled in about 3 years or so. After that kind of lay off time I shot , 198, 268,268. It's a good ball that's pretty aggressive and surprisingly forgiving with a tug here and swing there. I was playing 14 to 5 about 40 feet out and crushing the pocket. I went with a 15.4 lb instead of a 16. With the way the new stuff hits there is no reason to throw the heavy stuff anymore. Plus I'm now and getting lazy in my old age. lol.

I'm gonna go to AMF Garland in the morning for the rent-a-lane from 11am-1pm. 2 hours for 18 bucks isnt bad at all.

Steve
my friend has a big time he gets alot of hook outta his. i bowl with a primal instinct normally.. i'm goin up to showplace also maybe i'll see ya up there.. btw thats not bad shooting to break in a new ball. i normally cant bowl worth shit when i first get a new ball
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-15-2005, 09:09 AM
Lifer

post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-15-2005, 01:43 PM Thread Starter
JKD
Gracie Jiu Jitsu Addict

Shot another 300 this morning.

Shrimp'n ain't easy....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement