Trinindad vs Wright - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-14-2005, 03:51 PM Thread Starter
in memory of "lil' Roy"

Question Trinindad vs Wright

who's gonna win this tonight? I say it's a even match up so whoever gets their rythm going will win!

winner of 5 out of 9 at the 2007 spring cruise!
winner of 2 out of 4 at Redline 7/21/07
winner of 4 out of 5 at the 10/21/07 fall cruise!
2009 spring cruise- won 1 out of 2 races!!!!!!
2010 spring cruise- 4 wins 2 losses but only raced 1 guy on my list and as usual couldn't find the others!!!!

RIP Roy Sebastion Fraga "lil' Roy" born december 7th 2010 gone back to heaven december 7th 2010 you will always be in our hearts and thoughts my special little grandson.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-14-2005, 03:52 PM
Time Served

Wright

2002 Mustang GT
1988 Ford Mustang GT T-Top built engine full suspension and 6 point cage mystic paint on weld evo's
1983 K-5 Blazer (for sale in classifieds)
1971 Ford Mustang Mach 1
post #3 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-14-2005, 04:54 PM Thread Starter
in memory of "lil' Roy"

Quote:
Originally Posted by FST FOX
Wright
wright is definently no "punk bitch" and has alot of boxing skills and tricks he will use! but Tito's power and experience will be a factor also? I can't wait to see this one!!!!

2010 spring cruise- 4 wins 2 losses but only raced 1 guy on my list and as usual couldn't find the others!!!!

RIP Roy Sebastion Fraga "lil' Roy" born december 7th 2010 gone back to heaven december 7th 2010 you will always be in our hearts and thoughts my special little grandson.

post #4 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-14-2005, 07:15 PM
JKD
Gracie Jiu Jitsu Addict

Location: The weapon is only as good as the person wielding it.
It's hard to say. I think this fight could go either way. If I had to pick one to place a bet, I think I would choose Trinidad on this one.

Shrimp'n ain't easy....
post #5 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-14-2005, 07:15 PM
Blessed

I would have to go with Tito. After his last fight he impressed me alot, he looked awsome. Though different styles can be a factor, so you never know. It should be interesting.
post #6 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-14-2005, 08:17 PM Thread Starter
in memory of "lil' Roy"

Quote:
Originally Posted by StangTamer
I would have to go with Tito. After his last fight he impressed me alot, he looked awsome. Though different styles can be a factor, so you never know. It should be interesting.
The only thing I'm thinking about is that fact that Mayorga was a blown up welterweight and he took many "CLEAN" punches round after round from Tito so I was not impressed with Tito but more disappointed in Mayorga for be a dumbass! either way tonight's fight should be a good one!

post #7 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-14-2005, 10:34 PM Thread Starter
in memory of "lil' Roy"

winky wright wins easliy???

post #8 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-14-2005, 10:55 PM
JKD
Gracie Jiu Jitsu Addict

Wright dominates Trinidad!

Sunday, May 15 2005

By Mike Sloan and Trinidad Guzman at ringside

Former 154lb champion Winky Wright (49-3, 25 KOs) won a surprisingly easy twelve round unanimous decision over three-division champ Felix Trinidad (42-2, 35 KOs) on Saturday night at the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas. Not much action in round one, which the southpaw Wright controlled. In round twom Wright landed almost everything he threw, while Tito managed to get in a few good body shots. Wright again peppered Tito with a variety of punches, while most of Trinidad's power shots were blocked. Trinidad tried a flurry to the body in the fourth, but Wright controlled the rest of the round. More of the same in the fifth, Trinidad was given a warning for a low blow. Wright couldn't miss with his right jab in round six, Trinidad's only effective punch was a left hook. Winky kept popping the jab as the fight progressed. Nady deducted a point from Trinidad in round nine. The clinic continued over the last two rounds of the fight as Winky continued to connect with the jab while smothering Tito's attack. Scores were 120-107, 119-108, 119-108.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
With the win, Wright becomes the mandatory challenger to middleweight champion Bernard Hopkins, however the fight contract has a rematch clause and Trinidad seemed to be leaning toward exercising that clause.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Wright's dominance was such that his jab outlanded Trinidad's 185 to 15. He also landed 46% of his powershots and had a 77 to 43 edge in that department.
Next Saturday, HBO Sports presents the exclusive delay broadcast of Trinidad-Wright paired with the live HBO World Championship Boxing telecast from Chicago, featuring heavyweights Lamon Brewster versus Andrew Golota. The replay airs at 9:45 p.m. ET/ 6:45 p.m. PT. The telecast will be also be replayed on HBO2 on Sunday, May 22 at 9:30 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. and Tuesday, May 24 at 11:00 p.m. All times are ET/PT.

Shrimp'n ain't easy....
post #9 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-14-2005, 10:59 PM Thread Starter
in memory of "lil' Roy"

what a shocker! I didn't think wright would easily dominate Tito but you just never know sometimes?Boxing

post #10 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-15-2005, 02:25 AM
Time Served

Winky made Tito his bitch, and as always I was right

2002 Mustang GT
1988 Ford Mustang GT T-Top built engine full suspension and 6 point cage mystic paint on weld evo's
1983 K-5 Blazer (for sale in classifieds)
1971 Ford Mustang Mach 1
post #11 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-16-2005, 01:23 AM
Time Served

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMEGA DOOM
The only thing I'm thinking about is that fact that Mayorga was a blown up welterweight and he took many "CLEAN" punches round after round from Tito so I was not impressed with Tito but more disappointed in Mayorga for be a dumbass! either way tonight's fight should be a good one!
Yeap I agree , man I cant stand fucking Tito. Me and my wallet are glad Tito got a boxing lesson from Winky
post #12 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-16-2005, 01:26 AM
Time Served

and I say fuck the rematch. Who's next for Winky ? Zab is talking about fighting Hoya at 147. Wouldnt mind seeing Hoya fight Winky.
post #13 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-16-2005, 02:14 AM Thread Starter
in memory of "lil' Roy"

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogman
and I say fuck the rematch. Who's next for Winky ? Zab is talking about fighting Hoya at 147. Wouldnt mind seeing Hoya fight Winky.
that might be a pretty damn good fight? I'd like to see Winky go ahead and fight Hopkin's! two well seasoned trick pro's like wright and Hopkins would make a good throwback fight! as far as Jab is concerned De la hoya and even Mosley would tear his ass up and I think the same for Mayweather fighting Hoya and Mosley those two are too big,strong,experienced,and as fast as he is!

post #14 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-16-2005, 02:29 AM
Time Served

Quote:
that might be a pretty damn good fight? I'd like to see Winky go ahead and fight Hopkin's! two well seasoned trick pro's like wright and Hopkins would make a good throwback fight! as far as Jab is concerned De la hoya and even Mosley would tear his ass up and I think the same for Mayweather fighting Hoya and Mosley those two are too big,strong,experienced,and as fast as he is!
Yeah , but Hopkin's has a hungry young fighter(J.Taylor) to face here soon. I think Tarver or G. Jhonson would be a good lil matchup for Winky depending on what weight he decides to stay at. Hell I had liked Felix Sturm but after he fought Hoya , I never heard nothing about him again. He had a mean lil jab. Cant wait to see Gatti - Mayweather go at it , who you picking on that one ?
post #15 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-16-2005, 12:11 PM
Its 9 A.M Cockadoodle Doo

yeah, Winky schooled Trinidad all night long. He should kept his ass in P.R.

89' Notchback "Turbo Project"
93' Hatchback "N/A"
01' Platinum Edition F250

Don't Buy parts from SleeperGTS!!
post #16 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-16-2005, 01:42 PM Thread Starter
in memory of "lil' Roy"

Quote:
Yeah , but Hopkin's has a hungry young fighter(J.Taylor) to face here soon. I think Tarver or G. Jhonson would be a good lil matchup for Winky depending on what weight he decides to stay at. Hell I had liked Felix Sturm but after he fought Hoya , I never heard nothing about him again. He had a mean lil jab. Cant wait to see Gatti - Mayweather go at it , who you picking on that one ?
if Hopkins ever show's his age then I would say Taylor has a chance but other than that Taylor doesn't stand a chance against him! winky is too small for Tarvar or johnson, but Roy jones said he wanted the winner? Winky's best bet is to dethrone Hopkins and then fight Hoya down at 154lbs and then retire rich!!!! oh and as far as Mayweather vs Gatti,,,,, as much as I like to watch Gatti fight I bet Mayweather dances around boxing him(hit and run style) and fustrates him til' he see the oppurtunity to TKO him! or there's always the chance that Gatti will land the one punch KO!!!! Mayweather needds to fight TYZU before going up and challenging Mosley and Hoya at welterweight! I say both of them will KO mayweather by the way!!!!

post #17 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-16-2005, 02:58 PM
Time Served

Yeah , B-Hop should take this one against Taylor. I think this is going to be one of his toughest fight's as of yet though. I'm taking Mayweather over Gatti winning by stoppage in the later round's.
post #18 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-17-2005, 09:11 AM Thread Starter
in memory of "lil' Roy"

Quote:
Yeah , B-Hop should take this one against Taylor. I think this is going to be one of his toughest fight's as of yet though. I'm taking Mayweather over Gatti winning by stoppage in the later round's.
I hope there will be some great match ups later on this year, but you never know?

post #19 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-17-2005, 10:08 AM
Its 9 A.M Cockadoodle Doo

I think J-Taylor will make it a good fight for Bernard. Bernard is a smart fighter, not a slouch by any means for opposing fighters.

89' Notchback "Turbo Project"
93' Hatchback "N/A"
01' Platinum Edition F250

Don't Buy parts from SleeperGTS!!
post #20 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-17-2005, 02:07 PM
Rolling with the homies

Looks like Trinidad might be retiring. I watched the fight Saturday night and was surprised by Trinidad's performance.

Quote:
Trinidad says he won’t fight without dad
Boxer’s father wants to retire, so he may follow suit

Ana Maria Abruna / AP
Felix Trinidad, right, is consoled by his father and trainer Felix Trinidad Sr. during a news conference on Sunday in San Juan, Puerto Rico.

The Associated Press
Updated: 8:26 p.m. ET May 16, 2005SAN JUAN, Puerto Rico - Former middleweight champion Felix Trinidad won’t keep fighting without his father, putting his boxing future in jeopardy.

Trinidad, who lost to Winky Wright on Saturday in Las Vegas, said at a news conference late Sunday that his father wants to retire.

“If you aren’t here, I’m not continuing in boxing,” Trinidad said before embracing his father and crying.

Trinidad has held world titles in three weight classes, and had lost just once before Saturday — to Bernard Hopkins in a middleweight title fight four years ago. Trinidad also retired after that fight.

“I don’t feel that I am giving my 100 percent in the corner, as I used to ... Because of this, I feel I don’t want to carry on working in the ring,” Trinidad’s father said.

Added Felix Trinidad: “My father told me at Miami airport what he was going to do, and I reminded him that since I was a kid I told him that the day my father could not be at my side, I would not throw another blow.”

© 2005 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

2008 Lincoln MKZ
1995 Mustang GT Convertible
2002 F-150 SuperCrew

1995 Ford Taurus SHO
2003 Yamaha R6

post #21 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-17-2005, 03:31 PM
JKD
Gracie Jiu Jitsu Addict

Quote:
if Hopkins ever show's his age then I would say Taylor has a chance but other than that Taylor doesn't stand a chance against him! winky is too small for Tarvar or johnson, but Roy jones said he wanted the winner? Winky's best bet is to dethrone Hopkins and then fight Hoya down at 154lbs and then retire rich!!!! oh and as far as Mayweather vs Gatti,,,,, as much as I like to watch Gatti fight I bet Mayweather dances around boxing him(hit and run style) and fustrates him til' he see the oppurtunity to TKO him! or there's always the chance that Gatti will land the one punch KO!!!! Mayweather needds to fight TYZU before going up and challenging Mosley and Hoya at welterweight! I say both of them will KO mayweather by the way!!!!

If there was any doubt about you being crazy or not here is the proof. Mayweather may not be a brawler by any stretch of the imagination but that certainly does not mean the man has a glass jaw. Of the ones you mentioned the only one who has a remote chances of knocking Mayweather out is Tyzu. It's true I'd like to see Maywheather stand toe to toe with somebody worth brawling, but that's just not his game. He is about scoring points and winning and not about hurting guys. Is it fun to watch? Not really. Good for the sport? Depends on your point of view. Most people want to see the brutal power of the knockout. There are very few pure boxers left in the sport and Mayweather is one of them.

On another note, I'm really beginning to dislike Roy Jones Jr. He does more ducking and weaving outside the ring then he does inside the ring. He hasnt had a worthy opponent in quite sometime and huis fights are boring to watch. The guy doesnt even give it much effort anymore, he's obviously only there for the paycheck these days. That's the type of fighter boxing doesnt need.

Shrimp'n ain't easy....
post #22 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-18-2005, 04:45 AM Thread Starter
in memory of "lil' Roy"

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKD
If there was any doubt about you being crazy or not here is the proof. Mayweather may not be a brawler by any stretch of the imagination but that certainly does not mean the man has a glass jaw. Of the ones you mentioned the only one who has a remote chances of knocking Mayweather out is Tyzu. It's true I'd like to see Maywheather stand toe to toe with somebody worth brawling, but that's just not his game. He is about scoring points and winning and not about hurting guys. Is it fun to watch? Not really. Good for the sport? Depends on your point of view. Most people want to see the brutal power of the knockout. There are very few pure boxers left in the sport and Mayweather is one of them.

On another note, I'm really beginning to dislike Roy Jones Jr. He does more ducking and weaving outside the ring then he does inside the ring. He hasnt had a worthy opponent in quite sometime and huis fights are boring to watch. The guy doesnt even give it much effort anymore, he's obviously only there for the paycheck these days. That's the type of fighter boxing doesnt need.
don't forget Tyzu is just a 140lber and both mosley and hoya have fought up to jr. middleweight and far,far better competition? who besides castillo(who should have been givin' the decision in the first fight) and a mentally disturbed corrales has mayweather fought that was worth a damn? both hoya and especially Mosley are better and faster boxer's than mayweather and are just plain and simply bigger,stronger,and more experienced! as far as Roy jones goes.............................. those two KO's have just knocked him into delusion(is that spelled correctly)

Sponsored Links
Advertisement