Nowitzki calls out Dampier - DFWstangs Forums
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-10-2005, 10:36 PM Thread Starter
gear jammer
 
bucky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: out west
Posts: 2,373
Nowitzki calls out Dampier

Maybe Dirk needs to look at himself in the mirror also.Why take this public right now?

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slu...v=ap&type=lgns

Live..ride..dream


1998 Suzuki TL1000
1983 HD FXSB
bucky is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-10-2005, 10:56 PM
Keep jocking
 
JMAC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Tejas
Posts: 9,217
It's a horrible time to bicker but the team as a whole didn't show me much monday. Hopefully we can get a win in game 2.
JMAC is offline  
post #3 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-10-2005, 10:56 PM
4's a Charm!
 
midnight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: Far, Far away
Posts: 1,096
Hopefully he's just trying to get him fired up before the next game because none of the Mavs came out playing Monday night.
midnight is offline  
 
post #4 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-10-2005, 11:14 PM
Remorse is for the dead.
 
Poisond281's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: a twisted perception
Posts: 7,291
Quote:
Originally Posted by bucky
Maybe Dirk needs to look at himself in the mirror also.Why take this public right now?

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slu...v=ap&type=lgns
Did you not watch the game Monday? I saw Dirk busting his ass. Dampier didn't do shit. He didn't do shit in the first series. He has terrible hands, and too damn timid. I'm glad Dirk said something. Hopefully it will light a fire under Damp's ass and get him to do something.
Poisond281 is offline  
post #5 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-11-2005, 01:49 AM
I'm going Commando
 
RyanB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: 469-323-7873
Posts: 7,526
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poisond281
Did you not watch the game Monday? I saw Dirk busting his ass. Dampier didn't do shit. He didn't do shit in the first series. He has terrible hands, and too damn timid. I'm glad Dirk said something. Hopefully it will light a fire under Damp's ass and get him to do something.
I loved Dirks game int he 3rd 4th quarter (after he yelled at Dampier) when he took the ball to the hole and actually drive the goddamned lane. When Dirk dunked on Amare I thought to myself, FINALLY, Dirk is into the goddamned playoffs.
RyanB is offline  
post #6 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-11-2005, 08:34 AM
Remorse is for the dead.
 
Poisond281's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: a twisted perception
Posts: 7,291
Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanB
I loved Dirks game int he 3rd 4th quarter (after he yelled at Dampier) when he took the ball to the hole and actually drive the goddamned lane. When Dirk dunked on Amare I thought to myself, FINALLY, Dirk is into the goddamned playoffs.
Exactly. He was one of the few that actually showed up. Howard came out really well, but got into foul trouble again.
Poisond281 is offline  
post #7 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-11-2005, 08:44 AM
lol, this place sucks now
 
ClockwrkOrangeS4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: DFWMustangs.net
Posts: 13,422
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poisond281
Did you not watch the game Monday? I saw Dirk busting his ass. Dampier didn't do shit. He didn't do shit in the first series. He has terrible hands, and too damn timid. I'm glad Dirk said something. Hopefully it will light a fire under Damp's ass and get him to do something.
haha, I was going to post the exact same thing

I would also add he is fucking slow
ClockwrkOrangeS4 is offline  
post #8 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-11-2005, 03:06 PM
Rolling with the homies
 
evil jose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2000
Location: Oak Cliff... that's my hood...
Posts: 43,271
I think Dirk is trying to fire up Dampier. Probably alot of frustration in his comments as well. But Dirk didn't start playing his game either until the 4'th Quarter. Dampier just didn't do well the whole game especially after fumbling the ball a couple of times and getting into early foul trouble.... again

Hopefully it will play out better tonight. I hated watching the Sun's players clowning on the bench.




2008 Lincoln MKZ
1995 Mustang GT Convertible
2002 F-150 SuperCrew


1995 Ford Taurus SHO
2003 Yamaha R6


Last edited by evil jose; 05-11-2005 at 03:06 PM. Reason: .
evil jose is offline  
post #9 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-11-2005, 03:14 PM
American Badass
 
SMOKEY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Grayson County
Posts: 4,474
Dirk is right about his foul trouble. It seems that Dampier has two quick fouls early in the game and the announcers are always talking about him being in foul trouble.

'90 LX fastback 5.0 White with porno red interior. (SLOW PONY)
Classic Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaithis
"Still angry? A post like that makes me think you tasted someones dick at some point in your life."
SMOKEY is offline  
post #10 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-11-2005, 03:54 PM Thread Starter
gear jammer
 
bucky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: out west
Posts: 2,373
Dirk didnt do shit in the Houston series.That series was won by the play of Jason Terry.
Dirk can go for 30 and 15 in every game and it doesnt matter.When i look at the boxscores and see strong games from Terry and Finley, I know the mavs have a good chance of winning.
I am not debating that Dampier has not played well.Just saying that everyone should look in the mirror.I didnt see anyone come out publicly during the Houston series and chastise Dirk.

Live..ride..dream


1998 Suzuki TL1000
1983 HD FXSB
bucky is offline  
post #11 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-11-2005, 04:25 PM
Recovering Lush
 
HookEm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Saginaw, TX
Posts: 10,011
Dirk found ways to contribute that didn't show up in his point totals....key blocks, steals, assists, and even a clutch shot or two. To say he did nothing in the Houston series is a serious reach.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucky
Dirk didnt do shit in the Houston series.That series was won by the play of Jason Terry.
Dirk can go for 30 and 15 in every game and it doesnt matter.When i look at the boxscores and see strong games from Terry and Finley, I know the mavs have a good chance of winning.
I am not debating that Dampier has not played well.Just saying that everyone should look in the mirror.I didnt see anyone come out publicly during the Houston series and chastise Dirk.

color=#606060]
Quote:
"The Father-heart of God was... thrilled with me -- an immature, mess-making spiritual infant... My heavenly Father was enjoying me while I was yet in the process of maturing, not sighing in disgust and waiting impatiently until I grew up. He loved and longed for me; He felt proud and was excited over me while I was falling short."
Quote:
Mike Bickle

[



Sober By Grace Ministries: A Ministry of The James 2:26 Project
[size=1]Where New Beginnings Start
www.soberbygrace.org
HookEm is offline  
post #12 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-11-2005, 06:10 PM
Remorse is for the dead.
 
Poisond281's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: a twisted perception
Posts: 7,291
Quote:
Originally Posted by bucky
Dirk didnt do shit in the Houston series.That series was won by the play of Jason Terry.
Dirk can go for 30 and 15 in every game and it doesnt matter.When i look at the boxscores and see strong games from Terry and Finley, I know the mavs have a good chance of winning.
I am not debating that Dampier has not played well.Just saying that everyone should look in the mirror.I didnt see anyone come out publicly during the Houston series and chastise Dirk.
Do I really need to compare Dirk's stats to Dampier's? Regardless of how Dirk shot in the first series, he at least did SOMETHING. Damp had 8 & 8 in 2 games I think. Other than that, he sat on the bench. Dirk rebounded, shot blocked, had some steals, and got to the free throw line.

And yeah, it doesn't matter at all when Dirk gets a double-double. Not to mention 4 in a row. Dampier needs to man up.
Poisond281 is offline  
post #13 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-11-2005, 07:35 PM
Ultimate X-phoria
 
Hollywood's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Not now chief, i'm in the fuckin zone
Posts: 19,895
For those of you who don't know, the Dampier you are seeing, is the real Dampier. The way he is playing now, is the way he played all but one year at Golden State (last year). He's being himself. He has his moments, but most of the time he's average.
Hollywood is offline  
post #14 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-13-2005, 10:55 AM
Recovering Lush
 
HookEm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Saginaw, TX
Posts: 10,011
Did you and ZYouL8R run off to the woods together, after a Mavs W and a Sperms L?

If not, please post some more thoughts on the MAvs...your prophecies have amazing powers.....




Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood
For those of you who don't know, the Dampier you are seeing, is the real Dampier. The way he is playing now, is the way he played all but one year at Golden State (last year). He's being himself. He has his moments, but most of the time he's average.

color=#606060]
Quote:
"The Father-heart of God was... thrilled with me -- an immature, mess-making spiritual infant... My heavenly Father was enjoying me while I was yet in the process of maturing, not sighing in disgust and waiting impatiently until I grew up. He loved and longed for me; He felt proud and was excited over me while I was falling short."
Quote:
Mike Bickle

[



Sober By Grace Ministries: A Ministry of The James 2:26 Project
[size=1]Where New Beginnings Start
www.soberbygrace.org
HookEm is offline  
post #15 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-13-2005, 08:28 PM
Ultimate X-phoria
 
Hollywood's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Not now chief, i'm in the fuckin zone
Posts: 19,895
Quote:
Originally Posted by HookEm
Did you and ZYouL8R run off to the woods together, after a Mavs W and a Sperms L?

If not, please post some more thoughts on the MAvs...your prophecies have amazing powers.....

You're something else. I worked 13 hours yesterday, then went to to Pappas, got a very mild case of food poisoning and i'm currently packing to fly to Chicago. I haven't had a whole lot of time to post. If you remember, I didn't exactly go on a posting marathon after the Suns won game one. Secondly, I don't like San Antonio and if you had half a brain you would remember that I hoped they would get put out in round 1, so there goes that theory. Thirdly, I think it's fucking hilarious how the mavs can win one game and all of a sudden you come out of the wood work talking major shit like you just won the series. You've become a real douche bag. You wonder how I can get such pleasure from seeing Dallas teams lose, the answer is fans like you. People like you make me hate the teams here.
Hollywood is offline  
post #16 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-13-2005, 08:32 PM
Ultimate X-phoria
 
Hollywood's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Not now chief, i'm in the fuckin zone
Posts: 19,895
Oh, and before you start talking shit between now and Monday, I will be out of town and unable to post, so it will have nothing to do with the outcome of tonights game or Sundays game.
Hollywood is offline  
post #17 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-13-2005, 10:39 PM
The Stock Vert Club
 
TorchRedStang's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: In the land of Dirrrrk No-WIN-ski
Posts: 2,040
Un believable tonight... there were some bad no calls at the end of the game but the Mavs can only blame themselves for that loss. They quit playing. I'll say this.. if the Mavs don't make it past the Suns I wouldn't mind seeing Dirk traded away this off season. Who gives a shit how wonderful you are in the regular season if you completely suck ass in the Playoffs... Dirk always seems to be nothing but slightly above average in the Playoffs and I am tired of seeing that shit.
TorchRedStang is offline  
post #18 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-14-2005, 09:27 AM
Time Served
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 515
Eric Damp-Rear sucks. Somebody get him a diaper please.
He is the weakest man of his size I have ever seen and he has stone hands.
Why on earth would a guy with his build bring the ball down to his waist with his elbows in and beg for any 6 foot gaurd to takel it from him.

If I was Cuban, I would fine him $2000 every time he lowered the ball to his waist and $5000 every time he took a dribble.

Hey Eric......Grown some nads, catch the dang ball then turn around and dunk it on someone.


Please!

S/C Suzuki
Pro Mod Suzuki
BCNU is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Bookmarks

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the DFWstangs Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome