well, looks like i picked a good game to miss - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-10-2005, 01:00 AM Thread Starter
Recovering Lush

well, looks like i picked a good game to miss

don't know what happened...i got off work at around 12, and.....ouch, much?

Thank God it's a 7 games series..maybe.....props to the Suns for bringing it.

color=#606060]
Quote:
"The Father-heart of God was... thrilled with me -- an immature, mess-making spiritual infant... My heavenly Father was enjoying me while I was yet in the process of maturing, not sighing in disgust and waiting impatiently until I grew up. He loved and longed for me; He felt proud and was excited over me while I was falling short."
Quote:
Mike Bickle

[

Sober By Grace Ministries: A Ministry of The James 2:26 Project
[size=1]Where New Beginnings Start
www.soberbygrace.org
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-10-2005, 07:39 AM
BELIEVE, IT'S TIME!!!!

Yeah, I'm glad I didn't catch it either. I was playing a game, then I relized it was past 9 pm, so I checked it on the satellite, then needed to go to bed, but it wasn't on 21 (don't have satallite in my bedroom), so I missed out on it, and I'm glad I did.

"The Pill": Helping control the Educated Population since 1960

Improve America's Education System: Have the High School Drop Outs Spayed and Neutered.

Stupid and Lazy breeds more Stupid and Lazy.

"Democracy is the worst form of government, except for all those other forms that have been tried from time to time." - Sir Winston Churchill

The DFWStangs Political Forum: Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.
post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-10-2005, 09:47 AM
Sports weenie @ full attn

How convienient.

post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-10-2005, 10:53 AM
4's a Charm!

It wasn't even a game, really sad. They better get their shit together quick.
post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-10-2005, 11:26 AM Thread Starter
Recovering Lush

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZYouL8R
How convienient.
Some of us actually have real jobs, jr..
Sorry to dissapoint, but not everyone can sit around all day trying to decide which team to be a "Fan" for that day.

color=#606060]
Quote:
"The Father-heart of God was... thrilled with me -- an immature, mess-making spiritual infant... My heavenly Father was enjoying me while I was yet in the process of maturing, not sighing in disgust and waiting impatiently until I grew up. He loved and longed for me; He felt proud and was excited over me while I was falling short."
Quote:
Mike Bickle

[

www.soberbygrace.org
post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-10-2005, 07:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HookEm
Some of us actually have real jobs, jr..
Sorry to dissapoint, but not everyone can sit around all day trying to decide which team to be a "Fan" for that day.
I find it quite a coincidence that the biggest blowhard Mavs fan of them all happens to miss his team getting stomped. I have a real job too, but I wouldn't let it get in the way of watching/listening to my Spurs (team of the week).

post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-10-2005, 07:11 PM
Ultimate X-phoria

Quote:
I find it quite a coincidence that the biggest blowhard Mavs fan of them all happens to miss his team getting stomped. I have a real job too, but I wouldn't let it get in the way of watching/listening to my Spurs (team of the week).
7 games last series and they missed not a one. 1 game this week, they get blown out and suddenly half of them are MIA, the other half just happend to "miss" the game. Riiiiiight.
post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-10-2005, 07:53 PM
10% Real Fruit Juice

oh, i watched it....

damn, they got killed...

i hope they can get it together...

i stick by my earlier prediction...

mavs in 6...
post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-11-2005, 04:21 PM Thread Starter
Recovering Lush

Quote:
Obviously you don't. Making sure my morgatge is paid ranks WELL above watching my Mavs/Cowboys/Rangers/Horns/MEanGReen. Have I called in before to watch a game? Sure, but not game 1 of a 2nd rnd series. This isnt TX/OU, Game 7 of any series, or anything like that......it was game 1. I DVRd the game, but heard what happened right before pressing play....didn't seem like much of a point in watching it.

color=#606060]
Quote:
Quote:
Mike Bickle

[

www.soberbygrace.org
post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-13-2005, 11:00 AM Thread Starter
Recovering Lush

Last Activity: Yesterday 11:29 PM
Hmmmmmm....your profile sez u run with your tail tucked tween your legs some time late last nite.
Hmmmmmm....seems about the time the Sperms "leader" choked away a 4ft shot for the win...........

Quote:

color=#606060]
Quote:
Quote:
Mike Bickle

[

www.soberbygrace.org
post #11 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-13-2005, 11:11 AM

Quote:
Last Activity: Yesterday 11:29 PM
Hmmmmmm....your profile sez u run with your tail tucked tween your legs some time late last nite.
Hmmmmmm....seems about the time the Sperms "leader" choked away a 4ft shot for the win...........
Hmmmm why the hell are you checking my profile? Are you on my nuts that bad?

I still don't understand what you want me to have said last night. You want me to make a thread or something about their loss? And why the quotes around leader? Your Mavs would kill to have a leader like Duncan, but I'm sure you wouldn't trade Dampier for him either.

post #12 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-13-2005, 11:28 AM Thread Starter
Recovering Lush

IIRC, our leader made his game winner with 6.8 left...and it was a much harder shot than Timmy's wide open 4 foot CLANK.

Quote:
Hmmmm why the hell are you checking my profile? Are you on my nuts that bad?

I still don't understand what you want me to have said last night. You want me to make a thread or something about their loss? And why the quotes around leader? Your Mavs would kill to have a leader like Duncan, but I'm sure you wouldn't trade Dampier for him either.

color=#606060]
Quote:
Quote:
Mike Bickle

[

www.soberbygrace.org
post #13 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-13-2005, 04:52 PM

Quote:
IIRC, our leader made his game winner with 6.8 left...and it was a much harder shot than Timmy's wide open 4 foot CLANK.
So you're basing all this on ONE shot? Give me a fucking break. How many championships has Dirk led to Mavs to? How many MVPs or Finals MVPs has Dirk won? How many times has Dirk been 1st team all NBA or 1st team all Defensive team.

And I'd hardly call Tim's shot wide open. Did you actually see it? It was the same shot as Dirk's (6ft. turnaround jumper) just from a different area of the court. But you're right, since Dirk made the shot and Tim didn't, Dirk is therefore a better leader. And since UAB beat Baylor and Baylor beat A&M, UAB is therefore better than the 3rd best team in the Big 12. Your logic skills > *

post #14 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-13-2005, 05:25 PM Thread Starter
Recovering Lush

Touchy about lil Timmy, eh?
All I recall my post saying is that our leader came thru, while SAs took a big flop. You keep firing that Delorean up and cruising thru the pages of history, and you're gonna need a few flux capacitators.....

Quote:
So you're basing all this on ONE shot? Give me a fucking break. How many championships has Dirk led to Mavs to? How many MVPs or Finals MVPs has Dirk won? How many times has Dirk been 1st team all NBA or 1st team all Defensive team.

And I'd hardly call Tim's shot wide open. Did you actually see it? It was the same shot as Dirk's (6ft. turnaround jumper) just from a different area of the court. But you're right, since Dirk made the shot and Tim didn't, Dirk is therefore a better leader. And since UAB beat Baylor and Baylor beat A&M, UAB is therefore better than the 3rd best team in the Big 12. Your logic skills > *

color=#606060]
Quote:
Quote:
Mike Bickle

[

www.soberbygrace.org
post #15 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-13-2005, 06:16 PM

Quote:
Touchy about lil Timmy, eh?
All I recall my post saying is that our leader came thru, while SAs took a big flop. You keep firing that Delorean up and cruising thru the pages of history, and you're gonna need a few flux capacitators.....
You're still talking about ONE game. Where was Dirk in the 1st round or in game 1 of this series? Oh wait, that's too far back in history to be discussed, isn't it?

post #16 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-13-2005, 08:29 PM
Ultimate X-phoria

Quote:
You're still talking about ONE game. Where was Dirk in the 1st round or in game 1 of this series? Oh wait, that's too far back in history to be discussed, isn't it?
Whats funny, is if you aren't watching the series, and you read Hookem's posts, you'd think the Mavs just took a 3 games to 0 lead in the Finals.
post #17 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-13-2005, 11:21 PM Thread Starter
Recovering Lush

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood
Whats funny, is if you aren't watching the series, and you read Hookem's posts, you'd think the Mavs just took a 3 games to 0 lead in the Finals.

and where were u after game 2?

color=#606060]
Quote:
Quote:
Mike Bickle

[

www.soberbygrace.org
Sponsored Links
Advertisement