One thing is for sure in College Football - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-09-2004, 08:26 PM Thread Starter
I wanna be just like evil jose

One thing is for sure in College Football

.... You can count on Coach Leach to run up the score and clear the O/U.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-09-2004, 08:29 PM
Recovering Lush

yup.
What a sorry human being.

color=#606060]
Quote:
"The Father-heart of God was... thrilled with me -- an immature, mess-making spiritual infant... My heavenly Father was enjoying me while I was yet in the process of maturing, not sighing in disgust and waiting impatiently until I grew up. He loved and longed for me; He felt proud and was excited over me while I was falling short."
Quote:
Mike Bickle

[

Sober By Grace Ministries: A Ministry of The James 2:26 Project
[size=1]Where New Beginnings Start
www.soberbygrace.org
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-09-2004, 09:02 PM
Back To Normal

Honestly Leach did not RUN UP THE SCORE. He played good football. Five of the Six Nebraska turnovers that left Tech with their first offensive possession within the red zone with MORE then 8+ minutes to go on every turn over does not constitute running up the score. What else do you expect him to do?

NICE WIN RED RAIDERS!!!!

-Justin

Texan By Birth, Techsan By Choice.

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-09-2004, 09:30 PM
Good times

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2001 GT
NICE WIN RED RAIDERS!!!!

n/a
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-09-2004, 09:32 PM
Lifer

there was honestly nothing tech could do to not score points, nebraska basically handed them the ball on every posession on their side of the field, and tech did what they consistently do every game-throw passes, there was nothing tech could do to stop scoring, they even put in the backup qb and still kept scoring.
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-10-2004, 12:52 AM
10% Real Fruit Juice

shit...

i have no love for nebraska. how many times in the last 10 years have you seen the huskers on the other side of a score like that ? many. good job tech. maybe frank solich wasn't so bad after all, eh husker nation ? the west coast offense will never work in lincoln...
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-10-2004, 01:29 AM
Lifer

every time tech scores 70 plus everyone thinks they are running up the score, thats bullshit hell last week they only scored 13 on oklahoma so they have had a hard time scoring ,and everyone thought they suck , now that they do score everyone thinks he was just out to run up a score.... ? Nebraska did not help things throwing 5 int's , and 4 of them being on their side of the 50.... nebraska actually got the ball twice in the game they won the coin toss , and got the ball to start the third quarter as well, the only score nebraska had in the second half was due to this bad call, but it all worked out . Tech had never beat nebraska , and we may never do it again , but it feels real good to see tech play good on everyside of the ball, except for penelties.... They asked bill calahan if he thought leach ran up the score on him and he said " no" we did it to ourselves , " I think they could have scored a few more times on us if they wanted to"...... go tech....

1995 cobra bolt ons red with black cloth 1.76 60'

13.27 at 102.83 6123' air ... in shop getting procharged d1sc canfield heads etc etc
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-10-2004, 07:29 AM Thread Starter
I wanna be just like evil jose

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2001 GT
Honestly Leach did not RUN UP THE SCORE. He played good football. Five of the Six Nebraska turnovers that left Tech with their first offensive possession within the red zone with MORE then 8+ minutes to go on every turn over does not constitute running up the score. What else do you expect him to do?

NICE WIN RED RAIDERS!!!!

-Justin
His attitude will come back to bite him one day. Itís been tradition for years in college football to not try to show up kids when there down. It was painfully obvious Tech was the better team, it just generally good sportsman ship not to play like your down by 7 when you are up by 50. I understand his thinking of why should I half to stop playing my brand of football at anytime in the game, and thatís fine itís his decision to make after all itís his team. He has a brilliant offense mind probably one of the top 5 in college football. Just donít tell me he didnít run up the score. He chooses to try to humiliate teams at the end of every game he can.
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-10-2004, 09:02 AM
Time Served

Tech should work more on the run game when they are up that big. If they had a solid running game they could be a real threat against most of the teams in the nation. As far as what could they do to not run up the score, they had no choice but to keep scoring? Well, I recall OU taking a knee at the one yard line against tech. OU could have easily scored, no question, but what is the point? They drove the ball down there, got to work on some more plays, but didn't have to run up the score to do so. Obviously you can't take a knee every time you get to the one for the entire second half, I am just saying that there are plenty of ways around putting points up on the board like that. There isn't any point in scoring 70 points now that the margin of victory is out of the BS...I mean BCS. It will come back to bite tech in the ass sooner or later.

Jason
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-10-2004, 09:56 AM
M0DERAT0R

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyMCev
i have no love for nebraska. how many times in the last 10 years have you seen the huskers on the other side of a score like that ?
You do have a point. Nebraska did run up the score in the past.

2001 GT makes another good point. In the 4th quarter alone, Nebraska turnovers gave Tech the ball at the 8, 6, & 13.

However, when you're up by 50, you can start taking a knee.

'08 Pontiac G8 GT
Bone Stock
13.7 @ 102 mph
post #11 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-10-2004, 10:15 AM
American Idol

Fuck Nebraska! What comes around goes around. I can't count how many times they would run up the score in past seasons just ot improve their ranking by a spot. The West coast offense in Lincoln? Not gonna happen with all those players recruited to run the option.

"I don't have a problem with anger, I have a problem with idiots!"
post #12 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-10-2004, 12:43 PM
Back To Normal

If I remember right we substituted our 2nd string QB once we got over 50 then shortly after that we subbed just about everyone else. If you watched the game you would have heard that Leach was even putting our Defense on a 10 man rotation once we got over 50. Basically, we were putting in just about every 2nd and 3rd string person we had because there was SOOOOOO much time left.

If you go look at the box score on ESPN you will notice that out last TD was with 7 minutes to go in the 4th quarter. We put Cody Hodges in at QB after we cracked 50 pts (9:30 left in the 4th) and still scored a couple more TD's. I mean really with that much time left in the 4th quarter what do you expect us to do?

If we would have took a knee every time we touched the ball for the last 9 and a half minutes of the game that would have absolutely humiliated Nebraska and you guys that are saying we ran up the score would be on here saying that we thought we were too good to play Nebraska and finish the game.

Now if there would have only been 2 or so minutes left in the game and we were still playing like we were behind but in fact we had a 50 or 60 point lead. Then I would totally understand what youíre talking about. But our last TD of the game againÖÖWas with 7 minutes left in the game and it was with 2nd string offensive players.

-Justin

Texan By Birth, Techsan By Choice.
post #13 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-10-2004, 01:13 PM
Lifer

exactly and it was with 7:14 left in the game thats why if cumbie was still in there nebraska was so worn down they could have easily scored 14 more points , nebraska all but gave up , they put in a freshman QB that kept throwing interceptions most of which were returned to the nebraska 10 yard line and they did rush more in this game then I have seen all year.... The only time I seen anything remotly towards running up the score was when they went for it on 4th and 1 in the 4th quarter , while being in field goal range,our kicker sucks.... so I guess if they had only scored 66 then it would have not been running up the score.... It only goes to show that you cant just show up and expect to win in lubbock , you actually have to play a game.....lol

1995 cobra bolt ons red with black cloth 1.76 60'

13.27 at 102.83 6123' air ... in shop getting procharged d1sc canfield heads etc etc
Sponsored Links
Advertisement