Pederson > Benson - DFWstangs Forums
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 33 (permalink) Old 10-09-2004, 11:31 AM Thread Starter
No Cerveza... No Trabajo
 
01WhiteCobra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Where's my beer?
Posts: 21,924
Pederson > Benson

That is all.

Without all those *#$($&(#* turnovers, OU would be rolling big time at the moment (first half).

My 401K is now a 400K (was 301K)
01WhiteCobra is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 33 (permalink) Old 10-09-2004, 11:54 AM
Saint's heart sinner skin
 
hotrod66stang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 2,113
if they would put chance mock in the game we'd have a passing game and UT would have some points on the board. that is all.

p.s. if cedric was playing for ou, you'd be saying the opposite. benson is a great back, he's just playing against a better defense than AD is playing against.
hotrod66stang is offline  
post #3 of 33 (permalink) Old 10-09-2004, 11:58 AM
i win.
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: DFW
Posts: 7,113
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotrod66stang
if they would put chance mock in the game we'd have a passing game and UT would have some points on the board. that is all.

p.s. if cedric was playing for ou, you'd be saying the opposite. benson is a great back, he's just playing against a better defense than AD is playing against.
But Benson is playing for UT. Therefore Pederson > Benson. End of story.
Cammin4V is offline  
 
post #4 of 33 (permalink) Old 10-09-2004, 12:17 PM
Lifer
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: stillwater, home of the cowboys
Posts: 1,096
its not looking good for texas right now.
nicotino15 is offline  
post #5 of 33 (permalink) Old 10-09-2004, 12:20 PM
Old School
 
TRAXX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Posts: 4,684
Well, aside from PeTerson, I'd say Texas is doing a pretty good job on defense.

and it seems like Texas's O line is getting some movement out of the OU Defense.

If I were a OU fan (or had money on OU like 01whitecobra) I would be nervous.

Trevor
White 93 Hatch with some stuff done to it. whistles innocently
TRAXX is offline  
post #6 of 33 (permalink) Old 10-09-2004, 12:49 PM
Lifer
 
YoBro's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: Little Elm
Posts: 4,671
I think its more OU offensive line > UT offensive line

But yes Peterson is a bad ass
YoBro is offline  
post #7 of 33 (permalink) Old 10-09-2004, 12:54 PM
98 SVT Cobra
 
MoonDog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Central IL
Posts: 5,109
Pretty good game so far none the less.

Disclaimer:
No other posters were flamed, ridiculed, persecuted, belittled, berated, judged or otherwise in the making of the above-posted reply. It is with respect all are asked to observe this and to provide the same courtesy bestowed upon those who have posted and those who will post. Yada, Yada, doublespeak and so forth!
MoonDog is offline  
post #8 of 33 (permalink) Old 10-09-2004, 12:57 PM
98 SVT Cobra
 
MoonDog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Central IL
Posts: 5,109
Oh well, thats game, I guess I spoke to soon. Texas isn't gonna score twice, they may never score.

Disclaimer:
No other posters were flamed, ridiculed, persecuted, belittled, berated, judged or otherwise in the making of the above-posted reply. It is with respect all are asked to observe this and to provide the same courtesy bestowed upon those who have posted and those who will post. Yada, Yada, doublespeak and so forth!
MoonDog is offline  
post #9 of 33 (permalink) Old 10-09-2004, 12:57 PM
Resident Epicurean
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Irving
Posts: 23,270
WTF is up with the bullshit officiating??????

The "interception" Jason White threw, hit the god damn ground first. Bad call number #43 for the game

In the first half, White threw a 25+ yard pass, one of the receivers caught it and took about 3 or 4 steps, and ball was stripped mid tackle. He recovered it. Ref called it incomplete. Let's not mention the cornerback steppedout of bounds before "stripping the ball".


These refs fucking blow.

But on the other hand, Texas doesn't look too shabby. Looks as though they finally have enough talent on their team to compensate for Mack Brown's pitiful coaching ability when it comes to big games.


OU is still going to win this game..... BOOMER SOONERS!!!
bcoop is offline  
post #10 of 33 (permalink) Old 10-09-2004, 12:59 PM
i win.
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: DFW
Posts: 7,113
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcoop
WTF is up with the bullshit officiating??????

In the first half, White threw a 25+ yard pass, one of the receivers caught it and took about 3 or 4 steps, and ball was stripped mid tackle. He recovered it. Ref called it incomplete. Let's not mention the cornerback steppedout of bounds before "stripping the ball".
Actually he only got 1, maybe 2, steps...
Cammin4V is offline  
post #11 of 33 (permalink) Old 10-09-2004, 12:59 PM
Resident Epicurean
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Irving
Posts: 23,270
Oh yeah....... And [/Nelson] HA HA [/Nelson] to all the Teasippers who claim "Benson can't be stopped"
bcoop is offline  
post #12 of 33 (permalink) Old 10-09-2004, 01:01 PM
Resident Epicurean
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Irving
Posts: 23,270
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cammin4V
Actually he only got 1, maybe 2, steps...

My view showed 3. Regardless, it was bullshit.
bcoop is offline  
post #13 of 33 (permalink) Old 10-09-2004, 01:03 PM
______________
 
Slow Five-O's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Garland
Posts: 7,457
Peterson is a monster... i can't believe he is a freshman ... he's a hoss

89 Coupe
02 GT
Slow Five-O is offline  
post #14 of 33 (permalink) Old 10-09-2004, 01:32 PM Thread Starter
No Cerveza... No Trabajo
 
01WhiteCobra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Where's my beer?
Posts: 21,924
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRAXX
Well, aside from PeTerson, I'd say Texas is doing a pretty good job on defense.

and it seems like Texas's O line is getting some movement out of the OU Defense.

If I were a OU fan (or had money on OU like 01whitecobra) I would be nervous.
Why would I be nervous?

My 401K is now a 400K (was 301K)
01WhiteCobra is offline  
post #15 of 33 (permalink) Old 10-09-2004, 01:42 PM
Old School
 
TRAXX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Posts: 4,684
Quote:
Originally Posted by 01WhiteCobra
Why would I be nervous?
Easy to say after you know the result aint it?

Props to OU. Texas made it a game, but OU just wore them down. It was a fun game to watch though (unlike other years)

It is beyond me why they dont bootleg Young out and give him a chance to make a play. Corner or safety come up, lob the ball to the reciever. Corner or safety falls back, run it for 5+ yards.

Trevor
White 93 Hatch with some stuff done to it. whistles innocently
TRAXX is offline  
post #16 of 33 (permalink) Old 10-09-2004, 01:48 PM
M0DERAT0R
 
Boss Hogg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2000
Location: Hazzard County
Posts: 19,655
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRAXX
It is beyond me why they dont bootleg Young out and give him a chance to make a play. Corner or safety come up, lob the ball to the reciever. Corner or safety falls back, run it for 5+ yards.
Yep, why couldn't Texas' coaches realize that running Cedric up the middle isn't going to work? They could have done a bootleg, option, pitch out.

'08 Pontiac G8 GT
Bone Stock
13.7 @ 102 mph
Boss Hogg is offline  
post #17 of 33 (permalink) Old 10-09-2004, 01:55 PM
Along for the ride
 
2cammer97's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: Frisco
Posts: 7,029
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Z28
Yep, why couldn't Texas' coaches realize that running Cedric up the middle isn't going to work? They could have done a bootleg, option, pitch out.
Maybe Mack Brown got some before game advice from RC Slocum.

I'm surprised Mock didn't play at all, if anything just to change things up. Even though UT gave up 302 yards rushing (Peterson is that good) their Defense looked very tough. Just my opinion but when your D holds the other team to 12 points you should win. Texas had no passing game to open things up. It was a good football to watch though.

Oh, and for the record, I actually wanted TU to win.

marcus

'92 Emerald Green Mustang LX Hatch 5.0
2cammer97 is offline  
post #18 of 33 (permalink) Old 10-09-2004, 01:57 PM
Old School
 
TRAXX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Posts: 4,684
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Z28
Yep, why couldn't Texas' coaches realize that running Cedric up the middle isn't going to work? They could have done a bootleg, option, pitch out.
Well, quite frankly, they had SOME success running inside the tackles. Granted, they weren’t ramming it down their throats, but they were moving the ball some that way. I just gagged everytime Vince young dropped back like he was a pocket passer. I remember one specifically (and I think there was another instance) where UT was in fieldgoal range only for him to get sacked and lose that opportunity.

Trevor
White 93 Hatch with some stuff done to it. whistles innocently
TRAXX is offline  
post #19 of 33 (permalink) Old 10-09-2004, 01:58 PM
BELIEVE, IT'S TIME!!!!
 
Who Needs 8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: A little here, a little there . . .
Posts: 14,997
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2cammer97
Oh, and for the record, I actually wanted TU to win.

marcus
The only reason I didn't want t.u. to win was because of stupid hookem. If it wasn't for that tool, I would have.
Who Needs 8 is offline  
post #20 of 33 (permalink) Old 10-09-2004, 02:00 PM
Old School
 
TRAXX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Posts: 4,684
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2cammer97
Oh, and for the record, I actually wanted TU to win.

marcus
preposterous! Is that allowed? I thought they brainwashed you all down in College Station

Trevor
White 93 Hatch with some stuff done to it. whistles innocently
TRAXX is offline  
post #21 of 33 (permalink) Old 10-09-2004, 02:03 PM Thread Starter
No Cerveza... No Trabajo
 
01WhiteCobra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Where's my beer?
Posts: 21,924
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRAXX
Easy to say after you know the result aint it?

Props to OU. Texas made it a game, but OU just wore them down. It was a fun game to watch though (unlike other years)

It is beyond me why they dont bootleg Young out and give him a chance to make a play. Corner or safety come up, lob the ball to the reciever. Corner or safety falls back, run it for 5+ yards.

I've got about 18 "opinions" today all equally weighted. If I get 12 of them I'll be happy. I don't have to win every one. But I'm 2 for 2 so far.

My 401K is now a 400K (was 301K)
01WhiteCobra is offline  
post #22 of 33 (permalink) Old 10-09-2004, 02:14 PM
The Rise Of COBRA!
 
Cobra Commander's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Irving
Posts: 1,805
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcoop
Oh yeah....... And [/Nelson] HA HA [/Nelson] to all the Teasippers who claim "Benson can't be stopped"
Since I'm a Cowboy fan that has concerns about their running game, I wouldn't mind it if the Cowboys picked him in the 1st round...

It was Mack Brown that stopped Benson not OU's Defense. From what I remember he had 22 carries for 93 yards of constant run blitzing. Or was that Texas's O-line being dominated

Cobra Commander is offline  
post #23 of 33 (permalink) Old 10-09-2004, 02:16 PM
-----------------------
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: DFW
Posts: 1,417
I cannot wait for all of the what-if's from all of the Texas fans!!!!! Bring em on!!!!!!
91rednotch is offline  
post #24 of 33 (permalink) Old 10-09-2004, 02:18 PM
Old School
 
TRAXX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Posts: 4,684
Quote:
Originally Posted by 01WhiteCobra
I've got about 18 "opinions" today all equally weighted. If I get 12 of them I'll be happy. I don't have to win every one. But I'm 2 for 2 so far.
Yeah, this should be an interesting day. I think there will be some surprises happening before all is said and done. What was the final line in the Texas OU game? Last I saw, it was OU by 7 1/2. I in the paper but couldnt find it.

<----wasn't betting on the game but is just curious.

Trevor
White 93 Hatch with some stuff done to it. whistles innocently
TRAXX is offline  
post #25 of 33 (permalink) Old 10-09-2004, 02:20 PM Thread Starter
No Cerveza... No Trabajo
 
01WhiteCobra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Where's my beer?
Posts: 21,924
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRAXX
Yeah, this should be an interesting day. I think there will be some surprises happening before all is said and done. What was the final line in the Texas OU game? Last I saw, it was OU by 7 1/2. I in the paper but couldnt find it.

<----wasn't betting on the game but is just curious.

I picked it up when it was open at -6. I believe it went as high as -7.5.

My 401K is now a 400K (was 301K)
01WhiteCobra is offline  
post #26 of 33 (permalink) Old 10-09-2004, 02:24 PM
The Rise Of COBRA!
 
Cobra Commander's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Irving
Posts: 1,805
Quote:
Originally Posted by 91rednotch
I cannot wait for all of the what-if's from all of the Texas fans!!!!! Bring em on!!!!!!

What if Hookem says: What if it didn't rain? Vince Young would have had 250 yds passing and 100 rushing... Ced Benson would have had his average of 188 ypg...

I need Ced Bensons stock to drop a little bit so the Cowboys can draft him in the mid to late 1st round...

Cobra Commander is offline  
post #27 of 33 (permalink) Old 10-09-2004, 03:00 PM
BELIEVE, IT'S TIME!!!!
 
Who Needs 8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: A little here, a little there . . .
Posts: 14,997
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaolin
What if Hookem says: What if it didn't rain? Vince Young would have had 250 yds passing and 100 rushing... Ced Benson would have had his average of 188 ypg...
That just shows how much god hates t.u.

opps, wrong forum
Who Needs 8 is offline  
post #28 of 33 (permalink) Old 10-09-2004, 06:41 PM
CFH
 
Kaji's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: drinkin some jack daniels for Dimebag
Posts: 9,579
Whoever calls the plays for UT is a moron. How many times can you run that draw with Benson and Young?

2009 Pontiac G8 GT white hot

RIP - Dimebag Darrell 12/8/04
Kaji is offline  
post #29 of 33 (permalink) Old 10-09-2004, 06:56 PM
The Rise Of COBRA!
 
Cobra Commander's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Irving
Posts: 1,805
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaji
Whoever calls the plays for UT is a moron. How many times can you run that draw with Benson and Young?
Thats my exact point and why it wasn't OU that took out Benson, it was the offensive coaching staff. All OU had to do was run an 8 man front and for Texas to run that B/S single wing option offense... Texas might as well been better off running the "wishbone" today, because they sure as hell couldn't pass it...

Cobra Commander is offline  
post #30 of 33 (permalink) Old 10-09-2004, 06:59 PM
Recovering Lush
 
HookEm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Saginaw, TX
Posts: 10,011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who Needs 8
That just shows how much god hates t.u.

opps, wrong forum
STFU aggy.

It isnt as if we lost to...oh, i dunno...Utah State?

color=#606060]
Quote:
"The Father-heart of God was... thrilled with me -- an immature, mess-making spiritual infant... My heavenly Father was enjoying me while I was yet in the process of maturing, not sighing in disgust and waiting impatiently until I grew up. He loved and longed for me; He felt proud and was excited over me while I was falling short."
Quote:
Mike Bickle

[



Sober By Grace Ministries: A Ministry of The James 2:26 Project
[size=1]Where New Beginnings Start
www.soberbygrace.org
HookEm is offline  
post #31 of 33 (permalink) Old 10-09-2004, 07:11 PM
BELIEVE, IT'S TIME!!!!
 
Who Needs 8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: A little here, a little there . . .
Posts: 14,997
Quote:
Originally Posted by HookEm
STFU aggy.

It isnt as if we lost to...oh, i dunno...Utah State?
Ummmmm, should I bring up Arkansas, who beat you last year, and you barely beat this year? Maybe I won't, your drunk head might explode.

You just keep listening to those voices coming from that whiskey bottle, fatty.
Who Needs 8 is offline  
post #32 of 33 (permalink) Old 10-09-2004, 07:15 PM
Recovering Lush
 
HookEm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Saginaw, TX
Posts: 10,011
Typical Aggy.
Forced to live on moral victories from a year ago, after getting tanned by friggin Utah. Oblivious to the fact that his daddy did beat Arkansas on the road.
BTW dumbfuck..It'S YOU'RE, NOT YOUR.
Glossing over the fact that you guaranteed I wouldnt be here for months.
Stupid fucking Aggy.
Whoop...oxymorn!


Quote:
Originally Posted by Who Needs 8
Ummmmm, should I bring up Arkansas, who beat you last year, and you barely beat this year? Maybe I won't, your drunk head might explode.

You just keep listening to those voices coming from that whiskey bottle, fatty.

color=#606060]
Quote:
"The Father-heart of God was... thrilled with me -- an immature, mess-making spiritual infant... My heavenly Father was enjoying me while I was yet in the process of maturing, not sighing in disgust and waiting impatiently until I grew up. He loved and longed for me; He felt proud and was excited over me while I was falling short."
Quote:
Mike Bickle

[



Sober By Grace Ministries: A Ministry of The James 2:26 Project
[size=1]Where New Beginnings Start
www.soberbygrace.org

Last edited by HookEm; 10-09-2004 at 07:23 PM.
HookEm is offline  
post #33 of 33 (permalink) Old 10-09-2004, 07:20 PM
______________
 
Slow Five-O's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Garland
Posts: 7,457

89 Coupe
02 GT
Slow Five-O is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Bookmarks

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the DFWstangs Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome