Chris Simms one ups Hype-el and Jason White - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-08-2004, 12:19 AM Thread Starter
Recovering Lush

Chris Simms one ups Hype-el and Jason White

By doing something those two turkeys will never do.....

He'll be starting this Sunday, in the National Football League.

Congrats Mr. Simms, and best of luck.

color=#606060]
Quote:
"The Father-heart of God was... thrilled with me -- an immature, mess-making spiritual infant... My heavenly Father was enjoying me while I was yet in the process of maturing, not sighing in disgust and waiting impatiently until I grew up. He loved and longed for me; He felt proud and was excited over me while I was falling short."
Quote:
Mike Bickle

[

Sober By Grace Ministries: A Ministry of The James 2:26 Project
[size=1]Where New Beginnings Start
www.soberbygrace.org
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-08-2004, 07:40 AM
-----------------------

Too bad he couldn't beat White and Heupel.
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-08-2004, 11:19 AM Thread Starter
Recovering Lush

Quote:
Originally Posted by 91rednotch
Uh, he jsut did.
Unless you think that what you did on college marks the pinnacle of your career....

color=#606060]
Quote:
"The Father-heart of God was... thrilled with me -- an immature, mess-making spiritual infant... My heavenly Father was enjoying me while I was yet in the process of maturing, not sighing in disgust and waiting impatiently until I grew up. He loved and longed for me; He felt proud and was excited over me while I was falling short."
Quote:
Mike Bickle

[

Sober By Grace Ministries: A Ministry of The James 2:26 Project
[size=1]Where New Beginnings Start
www.soberbygrace.org

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-08-2004, 11:29 AM
CFH

Applewhite was still the better QB. Your coach lost any respect he had for benching him. You guys might have had a chance if Applewhite would have started all year.

2009 Pontiac G8 GT white hot

RIP - Dimebag Darrell 12/8/04
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-08-2004, 12:19 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by HookEm
Uh, he jsut did.
Unless you think that what you did on college marks the pinnacle of your career....
only if you never play beyond college
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-08-2004, 09:20 PM
BOOSTED32V Jr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaji
Applewhite was still the better QB. Your coach lost any respect he had for benching him. You guys might have had a chance if Applewhite would have started all year.
I'll agree that Applewhite is the better QB decision wise but he just did not have the physical ability that Chris Simms did. If you could put the two together then you would have one badass QB.

-1998 Cobra - Vortech SQ-Trim powered - BAD-SVT Jr.

459.1rwhp/368.5rwtq on 8#'s of boost

Upcoming mods: 2008 Mustang GT or 2003-up BMW M3
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-08-2004, 09:23 PM
BOOSTED32V Jr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 91rednotch
Maybe not in a college game but look at where each person is:

- White: Still in college holding on to dear life for his Heisman that he won't win again this year.

- Heupel: Stuck on the sidelines being QB bitch.

- Simms: Making millions of dollars while playing for the former WORLD CHAMPION TAMPA BAY BUCS and starting in his first NFL game.

Geee, which one would I rather be? Still in college, QB bitch, or playing in the NFL making millions of dollars.
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-09-2004, 12:02 AM
Saint's heart sinner skin

the only VALID comparisons you can make at this point are from during the college careers, as 2 of them have only gotten that far. I would much rather be white than simms. white won a nt'l championship ring, a heisman trophy and has been deep in the playoffs more than simms in his college career. you can't say "where would you rather be....?" because obviously one person is older and has graduated college and moved on to the NFL... that's like saying "who would you rather be, a 5th grader who will inherit a billion dollars, or donald trump?" who cares, they're both gonna end up at the same place, just at different times. if you don't think white will go to the nfl, you've got real issues. lastly, ALMOST EVERYONE goes into the nfl for a former nfl champion team. there are only a few that haven't won it all. just because a team won it last year, 2 years ago, 3 years ago doesn't mean crap unless they're a perrenial champion like the old cowboys.

*edit* if you want to get technical on all that...if applewhite had gone to the nfl camp he was invited to, he would be backing up tom brady right now on the patriots' roster. but yeah...i'd rather be simms
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-09-2004, 12:06 AM

chris who???

89 Coupe
02 GT
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-09-2004, 12:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotrod66stang
perrenial champion like the old cowboys.
i miss that

89 Coupe
02 GT
post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-09-2004, 09:18 AM
BOOSTED32V Jr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotrod66stang
the only VALID comparisons you can make at this point are from during the college careers, as 2 of them have only gotten that far. I would much rather be white than simms. white won a nt'l championship ring, a heisman trophy and has been deep in the playoffs more than simms in his college career. you can't say "where would you rather be....?" because obviously one person is older and has graduated college and moved on to the NFL... that's like saying "who would you rather be, a 5th grader who will inherit a billion dollars, or donald trump?" who cares, they're both gonna end up at the same place, just at different times. if you don't think white will go to the nfl, you've got real issues. lastly, ALMOST EVERYONE goes into the nfl for a former nfl champion team. there are only a few that haven't won it all. just because a team won it last year, 2 years ago, 3 years ago doesn't mean crap unless they're a perrenial champion like the old cowboys.

*edit* if you want to get technical on all that...if applewhite had gone to the nfl camp he was invited to, he would be backing up tom brady right now on the patriots' roster. but yeah...i'd rather be simms
Newsflash: Have you taken a look at the previous Heisman QB winners and how they panned out? Not good. White won't do shit in the NFL, period. Just another Matt Jones on a better team.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement