Roy Jones knocked out cold... - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-25-2004, 11:59 PM Thread Starter
Foxaholic

Roy Jones knocked out cold...

Jones looked lazy all night and didn't show any of his previous greatness. Got knocked out big time and suffered a nasty concussion. It's time to hang up the gloves. It's getting to point where he is risking his health.

Sad day, but all champs must fall eventually.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-26-2004, 12:05 AM
11-05-09

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad89stang
Jones looked lazy all night and didn't show any of his previous greatness. Got knocked out big time and suffered a nasty concussion. It's time to hang up the gloves. It's getting to point where he is risking his health.

Sad day, but all champs must fall eventually.
He was fighting tonight?
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-26-2004, 12:07 AM Thread Starter
Foxaholic

Yeah, it was earlier tonight.

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-26-2004, 02:32 AM
in memory of "lil' Roy"

I said it after the first Tarvar fight that Tarvar had made a blueprint on fighting him by smothering him and staying close to jones and ruffing him up and look what has happened to him since! jones needs to but probably will not retire!!!

winner of 5 out of 9 at the 2007 spring cruise!
winner of 2 out of 4 at Redline 7/21/07
winner of 4 out of 5 at the 10/21/07 fall cruise!
2009 spring cruise- won 1 out of 2 races!!!!!!
2010 spring cruise- 4 wins 2 losses but only raced 1 guy on my list and as usual couldn't find the others!!!!

RIP Roy Sebastion Fraga "lil' Roy" born december 7th 2010 gone back to heaven december 7th 2010 you will always be in our hearts and thoughts my special little grandson.
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-26-2004, 12:54 PM
Time Served

I didn't cacth the fight , but seen some highlight's of it ...Look's like RJJ got layed out Anyway's there showing the fight tonight again at 5:45 on HBO2E. I think Tarver predicted RJJ get's KO'ed by G.Johnson . What did RJJ get caught with ?
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-26-2004, 01:44 PM
Blessed

Yeah, as much as I hate to say it Roy needs to retire. I've noticed the past few years he has slowed down and his power hasn't been the same. But, regardless he is the best pound for pound fighter there ever was in my book. That is what happens when you stay in the sport for to long.
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-26-2004, 03:17 PM
Lifer

He looked bad, didnt want to mix it up at all. He needs to retire or go back down a weight class
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-27-2004, 12:31 AM
in memory of "lil' Roy"

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoBro
He looked bad, didnt want to mix it up at all. He needs to retire or go back down a weight class
no just retire period!! he has lost his aura and mental invincibilty! after hearing about pound for pound great he and De la Hoya were suppose to be all of these years just lets you know how Great Julio Cesar Chavez was in his prime and a little after his prime cause he went 90-0-0 before he lost his very first fight!!! and had been in over 25 world championship fight's before losing!!! maybe he is not the greatest Boxer(punch and run style AKA track star) but he should be considered the greatest FIGHTER ever!!!

2010 spring cruise- 4 wins 2 losses but only raced 1 guy on my list and as usual couldn't find the others!!!!

RIP Roy Sebastion Fraga "lil' Roy" born december 7th 2010 gone back to heaven december 7th 2010 you will always be in our hearts and thoughts my special little grandson.
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-27-2004, 08:11 AM
Time Served

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMEGA DOOM
no just retire period!! he has lost his aura and mental invincibilty! after hearing about pound for pound great he and De la Hoya were suppose to be all of these years just lets you know how Great Julio Cesar Chavez was in his prime and a little after his prime cause he went 90-0-0 before he lost his very first fight!!! and had been in over 25 world championship fight's before losing!!! maybe he is not the greatest Boxer(punch and run style AKA track star) but he should be considered the greatest FIGHTER ever!!!

Chavez was the shit back then!!! thats basically the boxer i grew up watching on t.v.

but poor Roy, I think the first knock out he took before that fight really got to him..
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-27-2004, 09:57 AM
in memory of "lil' Roy"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.BEANer
Chavez was the shit back then!!! thats basically the boxer i grew up watching on t.v.

but poor Roy, I think the first knock out he took before that fight really got to him..
Chavez wasn't just the shit but he was the man for many more years than today so called "champion's"
and as far as Roy Jones jr. is concerned I think he lost a little bit of the mental edge he had in the first Tarvar fight,and then the KO loss to Tarvar did do him in cause he look's gunshy big time!!!! and then Johnson capped his ass with his gat!

post #11 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-28-2004, 09:27 PM
BOOSTED32V Jr.

Maybe Roy Jones can go rap about how good he THOUGHT USED TO BE. He just didn't get knocked out, he got knocked the fuck out. His career is over.

-1998 Cobra - Vortech SQ-Trim powered - BAD-SVT Jr.

459.1rwhp/368.5rwtq on 8#'s of boost

Upcoming mods: 2008 Mustang GT or 2003-up BMW M3
post #12 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-29-2004, 10:58 AM
in memory of "lil' Roy"

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVTVenom
Maybe Roy Jones can go rap about how good he THOUGHT USED TO BE. He just didn't get knocked out, he got knocked the fuck out. His career is over.
he's probably thinking about it right now as we speak?Hospital Bed

post #13 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-30-2004, 08:24 PM
JKD
Gracie Jiu Jitsu Addict

Location: The weapon is only as good as the person wielding it.
Never fails to amaze me how quickly people are willing to jump on and off the bandwagon. Since when is a fighter only as good as his last fight? Anyone can have an off night, anyone can be beaten on any given day.

Shrimp'n ain't easy....
post #14 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-01-2004, 02:57 AM
in memory of "lil' Roy"

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKD
Never fails to amaze me how quickly people are willing to jump on and off the bandwagon. Since when is a fighter only as good as his last fight? Anyone can have an off night, anyone can be beaten on any given day.
this is true but not 3 in row?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement