The Razorbacks lost to Texas, again! - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 52 (permalink) Old 09-11-2004, 11:23 PM Thread Starter
M0DERAT0R

Talking The Razorbacks lost to Texas, again!

Pay up, Cartman!

https://www.dfwstangs.net/hosting/Dav...ansassucks.jpg

Coaches tip: Don't fumble the ball in the last couple of minutes of a game!

'08 Pontiac G8 GT
Bone Stock
13.7 @ 102 mph
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 52 (permalink) Old 09-11-2004, 11:27 PM
Time Served

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Z28
Pay up, Cartman!

Hey what was the final on the game
post #3 of 52 (permalink) Old 09-11-2004, 11:29 PM Thread Starter
M0DERAT0R

You've never heard of www.espn.com? The final score was 22-20.

'08 Pontiac G8 GT
Bone Stock
13.7 @ 102 mph

post #4 of 52 (permalink) Old 09-11-2004, 11:38 PM
Time Served

Quote:
You've never heard of www.espn.com? The final score was 22-20.
Haha yeah man I've heard of it, thanks for postin up the score
post #5 of 52 (permalink) Old 09-12-2004, 01:21 AM
FPE - Full Plumber Effect

post #6 of 52 (permalink) Old 09-12-2004, 09:38 AM
No Cerveza... No Trabajo

Texas better nut up really quick.

They were one bad decision from Mark Jones from losing that game 23-22.

Lucky breaks and a good game from Benson was what won that game. Certainly not the caliber of a top 10 team playing an unranked team.

I wouldn't be suprised to see Texas drop a little in the polls (although it is a little too early to drop someone when then win). I loved Mac-n-Cheese Brown's quote in the Austin Statesman today, ""I thought coming from behind in the second half against a team we lost to last year and to do it before a national TV audience was huge,''

No Mac-N-Cheese, winning by 2 points from a team that had ONE returning offensive starter from last year is truly pathetic. You won when Arkansas screwed up a deep snap and gave you 2 points.

My 401K is now a 400K (was 301K)
post #7 of 52 (permalink) Old 09-12-2004, 09:45 AM
Old School

Yes, it went into the win column for Texas, but they better do a gut check quick if they think they are gonna beat Oklahoma.

The clock management at the end of the game by Texas was TERRIBLE.

Trevor
White 93 Hatch with some stuff done to it. whistles innocently
post #8 of 52 (permalink) Old 09-12-2004, 10:55 AM Thread Starter
M0DERAT0R

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRAXX
The clock management at the end of the game by Texas was TERRIBLE.
I couldn't believe Young went out of bounds. Running ~35 seconds off the clock was more important than the couple of yards he gained.

There were alot of breaks going both ways. That 1st down pass on 3rd and really long to set Ark up for a FG before a fumble clearly hit the ground before it was "caught".

Texas' defense did not put pressure on the QB until the end of the game. You cannot let a 6'6" 235 pound QB with speed run around back there. Either he is going to find that Jamaican receiver or run around the end for a 1st down. OU will pick that pass defense apart.

Young has the Simms disease. He cannot throw to a spot under pressure.

Benson looks like a different man this year. I think a DNA test needs to be performed to make sure he isn't really Ricky Williams.

Bottom line: Texas will not beat OU, unless they put some major pressure on the White. Texas needs to run, run, run.

'08 Pontiac G8 GT
Bone Stock
13.7 @ 102 mph
post #9 of 52 (permalink) Old 09-12-2004, 10:56 AM
Old School

Quote:
I couldn't believe Young went out of bounds. Running ~35 seconds off the clock was more important than the couple of yards he gained.

And on top of that, when Benson got the first down on that last drive. (couple plays before Young going out of bounds) He just lazily waltzed out of bounds. He already had the first down, so he just needed to get his but down so that the clock could run. In otherwords....there was NO reason why Arkansas should have had that one last chance at the end of the game

Trevor
post #10 of 52 (permalink) Old 09-12-2004, 11:55 AM
BELIEVE, IT'S TIME!!!!

Shouldn't this thread be titled: "The Razorbacks lost to Texas, barely!"?

Also, shouldn't it be in the sports forum?
post #11 of 52 (permalink) Old 09-12-2004, 11:55 AM Thread Starter
M0DERAT0R

I didn't think about that. Mack Brown needs to take them to the baseball field to do some sliding drills.

'08 Pontiac G8 GT
Bone Stock
13.7 @ 102 mph
post #12 of 52 (permalink) Old 09-12-2004, 12:00 PM Thread Starter
M0DERAT0R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Who Needs 8
Shouldn't this thread be titled: "The Razorbacks lost to Texas, barely!"?
Here comes the haters from A&M feeling froggy after beating Thomas Jefferson HS.

When is the last time the Aggies barely lost to anyone? You guys better worry about Clemson next week. I see another loss coming.

'08 Pontiac G8 GT
Bone Stock
13.7 @ 102 mph
post #13 of 52 (permalink) Old 09-12-2004, 01:41 PM
The Decent Guy

Location: staying away from the tall woman with the adams apple.
Quote:
Pay up, Cartman!

well, we lost, but you would think that the last place, per all sports writers, for the sec would have gotten blown out by the 2nd best team in the big 12. but we all know that texas lost some votes for this and arkansas just gave OU all the info for the texas D they need for their game.
post #14 of 52 (permalink) Old 09-12-2004, 03:24 PM
BOOSTED32V Jr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cartman
well, we lost, but you would think that the last place, per all sports writers, for the sec would have gotten blown out by the 2nd best team in the big 12. but we all know that texas lost some votes for this and arkansas just gave OU all the info for the texas D they need for their game.
Too bad writers don't detemine the outcome or win games for teams. They sure didn't loose any AP votes 'cause they moved up to #6. We'll have to wait till tomorrow to see where they move up to in the USA Today/ESPN poll.

Texas could have won that game by a whole lot more if Mac Brown would have kept running the ball during the 2nd quarter and the officials actually opened their eyes on that "catch" that set up the Arkansas field goal.

Either way, Texas wins and Arkansas loses yet again.

-1998 Cobra - Vortech SQ-Trim powered - BAD-SVT Jr.

459.1rwhp/368.5rwtq on 8#'s of boost

Upcoming mods: 2008 Mustang GT or 2003-up BMW M3
post #15 of 52 (permalink) Old 09-12-2004, 03:29 PM
Sports weenie @ full attn

Quote:
Yet UT will still move up in the polls. Maybe next year Pig

post #16 of 52 (permalink) Old 09-12-2004, 03:31 PM
BOOSTED32V Jr.

Yeah, that "awesome" OU defense also allowed 13 points by HOUSTON!!!! WTF is that!?!?! Houston even scored first in that game.

OU may be in for a shock this year.
post #17 of 52 (permalink) Old 09-12-2004, 03:33 PM
-----------------------

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVTVenom
Yeah, that "awesome" OU defense also allowed 13 points by HOUSTON!!!! WTF is that!?!?! Houston even scored first in that game.

OU may be in for a shock this year.
13 points is nothing when you score 63. Keep in mind, when you are up 49-7 at half, you typically are going to get 2nd and 3rd teamers in the second half. Do you know anything about football? Your beloved Texas team beat a paltry Arkansas team that returned 1 starter on offense by 2 points and gave up almost 500 yards.
post #18 of 52 (permalink) Old 09-12-2004, 04:25 PM
-----------------------

Quote:
So OU started out with 2nd and 3rd teamers at the beginning of the game? Shut the fuck up you Boomer Sooner fag. Houston drove all over OU's 'D' on their first possession of the game. That game should have been 70-0 without a sweat.

It doesn't matter if Texas gave up 700 yards, they won the game.

can you not read you stupid fuck? Didn't OU win the game as well with giving up far fewer yards and points? So I guess that the Texas "D" really blows ass then. 500 yards and 20 points? Your post makes absolutely no sense. "Fag" is a pretty sophisticated word for your vocabulary isn't it? Is that all that you can come up with?
post #19 of 52 (permalink) Old 09-12-2004, 04:26 PM
BOOSTED32V Jr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 91rednotch
13 points is nothing when you score 63. Keep in mind, when you are up 49-7 at half, you typically are going to get 2nd and 3rd teamers in the second half. Do you know anything about football? Your beloved Texas team beat a paltry Arkansas team that returned 1 starter on offense by 2 points and gave up almost 500 yards.
So OU started out with 2nd and 3rd teamers at the beginning of the game? Shut the fuck up you Boomer Sooner fag. Houston drove all over OU's 'D' on their first possession of the game. That game should have been 70-0 without a sweat.

post #20 of 52 (permalink) Old 09-12-2004, 04:58 PM
OLD SCHOOL crew

UT is consistently the most over rated team in College Football. I wouldn't consider getting lucky and squeaking by Arkansas much of an accomplishment...

Buy my 98 Civic 5spd - New A/C $2250 over 40mpg on the [email protected]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean88gt
I want to live as an outlaw, or what used to be called a Free American.
Quote:
Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone. The people themselves, therefore, are its only safe depositories. And to render even them safe, their minds must be improved to a certain degree." --Thomas Jefferson
post #21 of 52 (permalink) Old 09-12-2004, 05:01 PM
Old School

Quote:

Hey man, I too am a UT fan, but what you are saying is just stupid. Since Houston put together ONE drive on Oklahoma, that automatically means that OU sucks? Give me a break! I do agree that I think OU is not quite the team they were in previous years, but they are still one of the premier teams.

Its all good to root for your team and hate the rival but lets save the "ou sucks" chant till after we beat them.

If you dont agree with what I said then maybe you will agree with this....Go Horns!

Trevor
post #22 of 52 (permalink) Old 09-12-2004, 05:25 PM
BOOSTED32V Jr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRAXX
Hey man, I too am a UT fan, but what you are saying is just stupid. Since Houston put together ONE drive on Oklahoma, that automatically means that OU sucks? Give me a break! I do agree that I think OU is not quite the team they were in previous years, but they are still one of the premier teams.

Its all good to root for your team and hate the rival but lets save the "ou sucks" chant till after we beat them.

If you dont agree with what I said then maybe you will agree with this....Go Horns!
I know OU is good, but just like you said they aren't as good as they used to be. Someone (K-State) finally punched them square in the nose last year and found that they just bowed out afterwards. UT is definately going to put up a huge fight this year against OU.

In fact, I know 2 guys that start for OU so I do root for them to do good but not the rest of the team. LOL!
post #23 of 52 (permalink) Old 09-12-2004, 05:36 PM Thread Starter
M0DERAT0R

Quote:
Originally Posted by HobieF3
I wouldn't consider getting lucky and squeaking by Arkansas much of an accomplishment...
Who said it was much of an accomplishment?

'08 Pontiac G8 GT
Bone Stock
13.7 @ 102 mph
post #24 of 52 (permalink) Old 09-12-2004, 06:29 PM
Recovering Lush

Quote:

bitter a lil bit?
Texas raised up in the polls, Arkiesaw got ONE total vote.......

color=#606060]
Quote:
"The Father-heart of God was... thrilled with me -- an immature, mess-making spiritual infant... My heavenly Father was enjoying me while I was yet in the process of maturing, not sighing in disgust and waiting impatiently until I grew up. He loved and longed for me; He felt proud and was excited over me while I was falling short."
Quote:
Mike Bickle

[

Sober By Grace Ministries: A Ministry of The James 2:26 Project
[size=1]Where New Beginnings Start
www.soberbygrace.org
post #25 of 52 (permalink) Old 09-13-2004, 01:40 AM
The Decent Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by HookEm
bitter a lil bit?
Texas raised up in the polls, Arkiesaw got ONE total vote.......
not bitter, just funny how a team with one returning starter on offense can score 20 points on a top 10 team.

and as for the mack should have just run the ball more, he tried to in the 2nd Q and got shut down, so don't blame him for that he tried to run the whole game. I am proud of my team, they lost cause they made stupid mistakes not because texas is better. Also I know the "catch" was bs but so was the 1st INT the ball hit the ground on that one as well. funny how you didn't seem to bring that up.

I feel sorry for the UT fans again this yr another top class another D that can't stop the ground game.

also just to let you all know, I don't disown my team after a loss, I wore one of my razorback shirts today to show my support and not one texas fan said shit to me, just good game. but last yr the I didn't see brunt orange till just before the OU game then didn't see it again till the A&M game.
post #26 of 52 (permalink) Old 09-13-2004, 08:25 AM Thread Starter
M0DERAT0R

Quote:
not bitter, just funny how a team with one returning starter on offense can score 20 points on a top 10 team.
With a huge offensive line and a 6'6" 235 FB playing QB, you don't need much else.

Quote:
and as for the mack should have just run the ball more, he tried to in the 2nd Q and got shut down, so don't blame him for that he tried to run the whole game.
Did you watch the game? If you did, you would have noticed the multiple penalties that backed up Texas. You don't run when it's 3rd and 13. Arkansas' defense didn't "shut down" the run game, the refs did.

Quote:
Also I know the "catch" was bs but so was the 1st INT the ball hit the ground on that one as well. funny how you didn't seem to bring that up.
They didn't show the INT replay in slow motion 4 or 5 times where you could clearly see the ball bounce off the ground.

Quote:
also just to let you all know, I don't disown my team after a loss, I wore one of my razorback shirts today to show my support and not one texas fan said shit to me, just good game.
I apologize if Texas fans aren't assholes like the Razorback fans were when cheering after one of your players tried to twist Young's ankle off his leg.

Quote:
but last yr the I didn't see brunt orange till just before the OU game then didn't see it again till the A&M game.
I'm sure that's exactly what happened.

'08 Pontiac G8 GT
Bone Stock
13.7 @ 102 mph
post #27 of 52 (permalink) Old 09-13-2004, 08:45 AM
The Decent Guy

Quote:
With a huge offensive line and a 6'6" 235 FB playing QB, you don't need much else.

Did you watch the game? If you did, you would have noticed the multiple penalties that backed up Texas. You don't run when it's 3rd and 13. Arkansas' defense didn't "shut down" the run game, the refs did.

They didn't show the INT replay in slow motion 4 or 5 times where you could clearly see the ball bounce off the ground.

I apologize if Texas fans aren't assholes like the Razorback fans were when cheering after one of your players tried to twist Young's ankle off his leg.

I'm sure that's exactly what happened.
oh yea about that vince young ankle twist thing, that was BS, I saw that and thought that was a cheap shot. as for the ref's stopping the running game it is called holding or false starts cause the D was forcing them to try and adjust.
post #28 of 52 (permalink) Old 09-13-2004, 09:14 AM Thread Starter
M0DERAT0R

I'm not sure why Texas would need to adjust to the defense in the 2nd quarter, when they ran all over Arkansas in the 1st and 3rd quarter. The holding and false starts were the result of mental mistakes.

'08 Pontiac G8 GT
Bone Stock
13.7 @ 102 mph
post #29 of 52 (permalink) Old 09-13-2004, 09:40 AM
BOOSTED32V Jr.

Quote:
I'm not sure why Texas would need to adjust to the defense in the 2nd quarter, when they ran all over Arkansas in the 1st and 3rd quarter. The holding and false starts were the result of mental mistakes.
Yeah, those penalties definately killed Texas' momentum during those drives. I'm sure they could have pulled some points out of those drives.
post #30 of 52 (permalink) Old 09-13-2004, 10:11 AM Thread Starter
M0DERAT0R

Quote:
Yeah, those penalties definately killed Texas' momentum during those drives. I'm sure they could have pulled some points out of those drives.
Texas may not have pulled out points (except for the missed field goal after a penalty) but penalties killed 2 drives in the 2nd qtr before Texas reached their own 40 yard line. As a result, Arkansas ended up with good field position after the punts.

'08 Pontiac G8 GT
Bone Stock
13.7 @ 102 mph
post #31 of 52 (permalink) Old 09-13-2004, 11:03 AM
BOOSTED32V Jr.

What is great about this is that a girl in one of my classes knows Jeb Huckeba (she went to school with him here in Searcy, AR) and I asked her "Hey, did you talk to Jeb and ask him how it felt to get run over by Cedric Benson!?" LOL!!!! She looked soooo sad in her "HOGS" shirt.
post #32 of 52 (permalink) Old 09-13-2004, 11:33 AM
Along for the ride

I had to jump in. I saw about half the game. Benson looks flat out awesome. WAY better than last year. I agree that a DNA test should be done. TU's defensive front also looks strong and fast.

I'm not trying to bash Texas but Nate and some others in here sound pretty cocky for the OU game. I wouldn't be saying OU sucks just yet. I don't think Texas looked too great against the pigs. Lots of mistakes. Mistakes against OU= a beating like last year. Nate, you need to settle down man. one less fumble by AR and TU would have lost for a 4th year in a row. And how can you criticize a 63-14 raping by OU over Houston? I know you are happy that TU beat the pigs but lets not give TU the national championship just yet.

Props to TU for getting a 'W' in a tough road game. That's all that counts. Ok, now flame on my Aggies if it makes you feel better.

marcus

'92 Emerald Green Mustang LX Hatch 5.0
post #33 of 52 (permalink) Old 09-13-2004, 11:45 AM Thread Starter
M0DERAT0R

I agree with you Marcus, so I won't bash the aggies.

I do not believe Texas will beat OU. But if by some miracle, they do get by them, Texas has an excellent opportunity with a soft schedule this year to run it out and go to the championship game. All the other Big 12 teams are losing. Texas needs to stop the penalties and continue with the run. 5.7 yards per carry vs Ark isn't too shabby.

'08 Pontiac G8 GT
Bone Stock
13.7 @ 102 mph
post #34 of 52 (permalink) Old 09-13-2004, 12:09 PM
Along for the ride

Quote:
I agree with you Marcus, so I won't bash the aggies.

I do not believe Texas will beat OU. But if by some miracle, they do get by them, Texas has an excellent opportunity with a soft schedule this year to run it out and go to the championship game. All the other Big 12 teams are losing. Texas needs to stop the penalties and continue with the run. 5.7 yards per carry vs Ark isn't too shabby.
I wasn't saying UT will lose to OU. If they play to their full potential and Mack Brown coaches a descent game it could be a great hard-nosed battle. You are correct that TU has an excellent opportunity this year if they can pull something good off against OU. i'd love to see UT beat OU, be undefeated, and then lose to A&M in Austin! Now THAT would be awesome.

GO AGGIES!!

marcus

post #35 of 52 (permalink) Old 09-13-2004, 01:12 PM Thread Starter
M0DERAT0R

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2cammer97
i'd love to see UT beat OU, be undefeated, and then lose to A&M in Austin!
Put down the crack pipe. The poor aggies will lose again.

'08 Pontiac G8 GT
Bone Stock
13.7 @ 102 mph
post #36 of 52 (permalink) Old 09-13-2004, 01:40 PM
Along for the ride

Quote:
Put down the crack pipe. The poor aggies will lose again.
I was just commenting that it would be cool. Hey, one can dream.

marcus

post #37 of 52 (permalink) Old 09-13-2004, 02:26 PM
-----------------------

Quote:
Thats all it is, a dream! I'm sorry if I sound like I think OU sucks. I know they are a good team but I honestly think Texas has a legit shot at beating them this year. For some reason nobody wanted to stand up to OU until Kansas St. beat them and then LSU continued to pound on them in the Championship game. Texas needs to study those films and use the Rice and Baylor games to implement those strategies in-game. The Texas-OU game is going to make or break the season for both teams unless something crazy happens.

Yeah, Texas coaches, make sure that you look at those 2 game tapes. Wow, that is a novel idea. That is exactly how you can beat OU.

Too bad that was last year.
post #38 of 52 (permalink) Old 09-13-2004, 02:28 PM
BOOSTED32V Jr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2cammer97
I was just commenting that it would be cool. Hey, one can dream.

marcus
Thats all it is, a dream! I'm sorry if I sound like I think OU sucks. I know they are a good team but I honestly think Texas has a legit shot at beating them this year. For some reason nobody wanted to stand up to OU until Kansas St. beat them and then LSU continued to pound on them in the Championship game. Texas needs to study those films and use the Rice and Baylor games to implement those strategies in-game. The Texas-OU game is going to make or break the season for both teams unless something crazy happens.
post #39 of 52 (permalink) Old 09-13-2004, 02:46 PM
BOOSTED32V Jr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 91rednotch
Yeah, Texas coaches, make sure that you look at those 2 game tapes. Wow, that is a novel idea. That is exactly how you can beat OU.

Too bad that was last year.
Man, you sure are bitter aren't you. I actually rooted for OU to win against LSU because I hate the SEC. OU blew it, staight out. They walked in to that Big 12 game thinking Kansas St. would just lay down like everyone else did and they got their ass handed to them on a silver platter.

I'm not saying that only studying those 2 games is what will give Texas the ability to beat OU but that would be a damn good start seeing as how most of that team is the same from last year.
post #40 of 52 (permalink) Old 09-14-2004, 11:26 PM
CEO of......

at least last year you beat OU by throwing deep on 'em. i guess ut can count that out sense young is back there and not mock. and don't give mack brown all the credit for the bad play calling, cause Gregg Davis is just as much as an idiot as brown when it comes to decision making.

and i love Benson to death, but please don't compare him to Rickey about running over people. i have yet to see shots of people on the side lines with ice packs on their knecks like the Mississippi St. DB's did after Rickey got done with them in the Cotton Bowl. LOL that was great.

and i have to say this, Vince Young has got to be one of the dumbest QB's ever on the field. his decision making is piss poor, along with his leadership.

oh and btw, this is a very very young Texas team. give them time people, it was only the second game.
post #41 of 52 (permalink) Old 09-15-2004, 08:32 AM Thread Starter
M0DERAT0R

Quote:
Originally Posted by bert89coupe
oh and btw, this is a very very young Texas team. give them time people, it was only the second game.
Yep, it's only going to get better.

'08 Pontiac G8 GT
Bone Stock
13.7 @ 102 mph
post #42 of 52 (permalink) Old 09-15-2004, 09:03 AM
The Decent Guy

Quote:

I am going to assume you never played football in school, I say this because holding happens for one of 3 reasons. One you are getting beat, two you realized that you misread the D and hold up the guy so as to stop a stunt or blitz, or three you are just a dumb ass that got lazy. As for false starts, you do those mostly becasue you are getting beat off the ball, which was happening, the problem being Mack got smart, never saw that coming, and ran up the middle to dodge the outside rush.
post #43 of 52 (permalink) Old 09-15-2004, 09:04 AM
The Decent Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by bert89coupe

wait so is arkansas, but we don't have a top 5 class every yr, but yet we still play better than some
post #44 of 52 (permalink) Old 09-15-2004, 11:31 AM Thread Starter
M0DERAT0R

Quote:
I am going to assume you never played football in school, I say this because holding happens for one of 3 reasons. One you are getting beat, two you realized that you misread the D and hold up the guy so as to stop a stunt or blitz, or three you are just a dumb ass that got lazy.
Wouldn't 2 of your 3 reasons be an example of a mental mistake?
Thanks for proving my arguement.

Quote:
As for false starts, you do those mostly becasue you are getting beat off the ball
Yes, I'm sure false starts never happen because someone forgets the snap count or can't clearly hear the QB while the defense and +50k fans are yelling.

Quote:
wait so is arkansas, but we don't have a top 5 class every yr, but yet we still play better than some
Just not better than Texas.

'08 Pontiac G8 GT
Bone Stock
13.7 @ 102 mph
post #45 of 52 (permalink) Old 09-15-2004, 11:37 AM
The Decent Guy

Quote:
Wouldn't 2 of your 3 reasons be an example of a mental mistake?
Thanks for proving my arguement.

Yes, I'm sure false starts never happen because someone forgets the snap count or can't clearly hear the QB while the defense and +50k fans are yelling.

Just not better than Texas.

the only mental mistake is the last one, the other two are becasue they are getting beat, as for false start how do you forget a snap count when it is on center snap in shot gun formation?

and if you don't think ark played better than texas, then you must have watched a different game then I did. cause from what I can tell they would move the ball then get to the 20 and stop unless benson broke one. texas couldn't stop arkansas with their one returning starter except for the mistake that arkansas made. if the game was clean for them texas would have lost by 10 or more points. but that is ok, arkansas lost fair and square and we aren't crying about it, but when texas loses to OU again, I bet all the ut fans will bitch and moan.
post #46 of 52 (permalink) Old 09-15-2004, 12:20 PM
CEO of......

Quote:
the only mental mistake is the last one, the other two are becasue they are getting beat, as for false start how do you forget a snap count when it is on center snap in shot gun formation?

and if you don't think ark played better than texas, then you must have watched a different game then I did. cause from what I can tell they would move the ball then get to the 20 and stop unless benson broke one. texas couldn't stop arkansas with their one returning starter except for the mistake that arkansas made. if the game was clean for them texas would have lost by 10 or more points. but that is ok, arkansas lost fair and square and we aren't crying about it, but when texas loses to OU again, I bet all the ut fans will bitch and moan.

LMFAO, you're funny. just say it, yall got beat. there is no strength of schedule this year so it doesn't matter if it was by the 2 points or if it would've been 40. UT won, discussion over
post #47 of 52 (permalink) Old 09-15-2004, 12:37 PM
Recovering Lush

Quote:
if the game was clean for them texas would have lost by 10 or more points.

<-----points to scoreboard....

color=#606060]
Quote:
"The Father-heart of God was... thrilled with me -- an immature, mess-making spiritual infant... My heavenly Father was enjoying me while I was yet in the process of maturing, not sighing in disgust and waiting impatiently until I grew up. He loved and longed for me; He felt proud and was excited over me while I was falling short."
Quote:
Mike Bickle

[

Sober By Grace Ministries: A Ministry of The James 2:26 Project
[size=1]Where New Beginnings Start
www.soberbygrace.org
post #48 of 52 (permalink) Old 09-15-2004, 01:49 PM Thread Starter
M0DERAT0R

Quote:
the only mental mistake is the last one, the other two are becasue they are getting beat,
Are you saying that misreading the defense is not a mental mistake?

Quote:
as for false start how do you forget a snap count when it is on center snap in shot gun formation?
You must not have played football, because center snap = no snap count.

Quote:
and if you don't think ark played better than texas, then you must have watched a different game then I did.
Are you sure you weren't watching ESPN Classic? I'm pretty sure Texas won the game 22-20.

Quote:
but that is ok, arkansas lost fair and square and we aren't crying about it
OK

'08 Pontiac G8 GT
Bone Stock
13.7 @ 102 mph
post #49 of 52 (permalink) Old 09-16-2004, 08:39 AM
The Decent Guy

Quote:
Are you saying that misreading the defense is not a mental mistake?

You must not have played football, because center snap = no snap count.

Are you sure you weren't watching ESPN Classic? I'm pretty sure Texas won the game 22-20.

OK
not if they are hiding the blitz

but all of the false starts texas had were from shot gun cept for two and both of those were becasue ark did a line shift= texas didn't want to get beat.

if texas was so much better what was their 3rd down %? seems to me if they could run at will they wouldn't have a problem turning 3rd downs into 1st downs.

and again texas won the game, but hey the sun shines on a dogs ass every once in a while.

I am not bitter, I just like to argue

<----------side note I root for texas also, just not when they play the razorbacks. I like the school just not as much as I like Arkansas. I will be once again rooting for Texas to beat OU, cause i hate them the most.

so best of luck to texas to win the big 12, the 3rd best conference
post #50 of 52 (permalink) Old 09-16-2004, 10:14 AM Thread Starter
M0DERAT0R

Quote:
not if they are hiding the blitz

but all of the false starts texas had were from shot gun cept for two and both of those were becasue ark did a line shift= texas didn't want to get beat.
I think you just described two mental mistakes.

Quote:
if texas was so much better ....

and again texas won the game
Again, I believe you have answered your own question.

Quote:
seems to me if they could run at will they wouldn't have a problem turning 3rd downs into 1st downs.
You don't run when it's 3rd and 15 becasue of stupid penalties.

Quote:
so best of luck to texas to win the big 12, the 3rd best conference
The Big 12 may not be that high this year. I believe Baylor and A&M are creating a vortex.

'08 Pontiac G8 GT
Bone Stock
13.7 @ 102 mph
Sponsored Links
Advertisement