Texas Tech= Classless bums - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-07-2004, 04:34 AM Thread Starter
Recovering Lush

Thumbs down Texas Tech= Classless bums

WTF was that crap?

Bad enuff you cost me a pretty penny by not covering the spread.......the asshats throw 3 passes with 30 seconds to go, up by 14?

Pathetic.

color=#606060]
Quote:
"The Father-heart of God was... thrilled with me -- an immature, mess-making spiritual infant... My heavenly Father was enjoying me while I was yet in the process of maturing, not sighing in disgust and waiting impatiently until I grew up. He loved and longed for me; He felt proud and was excited over me while I was falling short."
Quote:
Mike Bickle

[

Sober By Grace Ministries: A Ministry of The James 2:26 Project
[size=1]Where New Beginnings Start
www.soberbygrace.org
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-07-2004, 02:21 PM
Back To Normal

Whatever....It's a new season....with a new inexperienced QB and we are a passing offence. I am sure Leach just wanted to get as many passes for his QB in as he could.

You know if you want to call someone classless then why wouldn't you call the SMU coach classless for yelling at Leach at the end of the game for "Playing" the entire length of the game. If all teams are expected to stop playing 1 to 2 minutes before the end of the game why donít they just make the last quarter shorter and then call the last two minutes a cool down period where each team snaps the ball and then kneels on it. With neither team making a move to do anything.

-Justin

Texan By Birth, Techsan By Choice.
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-08-2004, 02:32 PM
i win.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2001 GT
Whatever....It's a new season....with a new inexperienced QB and we are a passing offence. I am sure Leach just wanted to get as many passes for his QB in as he could.

You know if you want to call someone classless then why wouldn't you call the SMU coach classless for yelling at Leach at the end of the game for "Playing" the entire length of the game. If all teams are expected to stop playing 1 to 2 minutes before the end of the game why donít they just make the last quarter shorter and then call the last two minutes a cool down period where each team snaps the ball and then kneels on it. With neither team making a move to do anything.

-Justin
OWNED! Even though Tech is going to lose on the 18th.

post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-08-2004, 03:36 PM
Back To Normal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cammin4V

We will see. I am torn at this point though. It is the first televised game of the season for Tech and it is also the saturday of FFW. I might have to find someone with a camper out at Ennis to let me watch the game in.

post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-08-2004, 03:42 PM
i win.

i decided to pass on FFW this season and go to the game. Ill have a tcu and tech shirt with me at all times, just incase i need to switch.
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-08-2004, 05:35 PM Thread Starter
Recovering Lush

OMG, you have got to be fucking kidding. If Leach's stupid ass had kicked a few field goals instead of going for it on 4th down, he wouldnt have had to try to run the score up in the 4th. He got emberassed by SMU, because he should have put friggin 50 on that team. Tech will lose, lose badly, and lose frequently this year.

Running up the score is not cool. And what the hell does Technical have to gain by doing it? It isn't as if they're gonna be competing for a BCS bowl anytime soon. Not as long as they're attempting 66 passes a game agaisnt a patsy like SMU, going for it SEVEN TIMES on 4th down, and throwing for the endzone with under a minute to go, up by 14 in the 4th: THIS IS NOT TECHMO BOWL, NCAA 2005, OR ANY OTHER VARIANT.

WTF? Was LEach trying to cover a bet, or is he really that clueless about tact, honor, and integrity? Did the previous 63 passes really NOT work the passing game enuff, so he had to throw 3 more, because 66 IS an adequate number of passes, as opposed to 63? If the excuse really is "they needed extra work in x area of the game," why not try friggin punting more than two times in NINE fourth downs? Or, here's a novel concept.....running the ball?

That's playing football.....running the ball when you have a lead to kill the clock. Playing football is not taking three shots at the zone, through the air, with under a minute remaining. That's trying to run the score up. Bennett shoulda whipped his ass, and for LEach to get up after the game and go "I can't imagine why he'd be upset" is reprehensible.

Enjoy squeaking by a cellar dweller like SMU. Enjoy beating Baylor, and enjoy your yearly beating of Ags. Outside of that, that squad is gonna be hard pressed to find a W.

Quote:

-Justin

color=#606060]
Quote:
"The Father-heart of God was... thrilled with me -- an immature, mess-making spiritual infant... My heavenly Father was enjoying me while I was yet in the process of maturing, not sighing in disgust and waiting impatiently until I grew up. He loved and longed for me; He felt proud and was excited over me while I was falling short."
Quote:
Mike Bickle

[

www.soberbygrace.org
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-08-2004, 07:57 PM
Good times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cammin4V
whatever, Tech rules all.

n/a
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-08-2004, 08:16 PM Thread Starter
Recovering Lush

Quote:
Originally Posted by BossShinoda
whatever, Tech rules all.

Gonna put up a lil bet on whether they win the Big 12?

color=#606060]
Quote:
Quote:
Mike Bickle

[

www.soberbygrace.org
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-08-2004, 08:46 PM
Good times

<--- college student with no job at the moment = no $$$

I don't have anything worth betting, but sure we will win

n/a
post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-08-2004, 09:34 PM Thread Starter
Recovering Lush

Quote:
Originally Posted by BossShinoda
<--- college student with no job at the moment = no $$$

I don't have anything worth betting, but sure we will win

sure you do....but i cant go betting sigs, avatars, or anything like that, until this weekends contest in Ark passes.......

Hopefully, the good Texas team shows up, and not the other one that surfaces now and again....

color=#606060]
Quote:
Quote:
Mike Bickle

[

www.soberbygrace.org
post #11 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-09-2004, 09:57 AM
Back To Normal

Leach stopped kicking the ball because our kicking team couldnít do anything....He gave them a couple chances without any result. So why would he continue to use something that didnít work. Thatís like continuing to crank your car expecting it to fire meanwhile knowing the gas tank is empty. You just don't do that.....

Quote:
That's playing football.....running the ball when you have a lead to kill the clock.
If running the ball is everything that football is about then why do they even let them pass? Also if a team has zero running game how could they control the clock by getting the rush stuffed back in their face for four downs just to give it up. Last time I checked you could run the clock by having possession of the ball whether you were passing or rushing. Granted you can use more time running but we are just talking about time off the clock in general right.....unless you want to throw 5 more irrelevant variables into the conversation to try to prove your point.

Anyways...I'm not going to continue this debate with you anymore because it will never end. I have seen your blind devotion to T.U. in other debates which is amazing to witness at times. You have your "opinion" and I have mine. I am sorry that you think that we will only beat SMU, Balylor and A&M but what you think about our future record doesnít concern me in the least. Only time will tell.

Lastly, the funniest part of this entire thread is the fact that you are all bent out of shape over a game that you didn't witness in person, listen to on the radio or watch on TV. You read the ESPN article about a team you don't care about, a game that didn't involve T.U. and college you didn't go to and it has twisted you this much.....That is just comical.

-Justin

Last edited by 2001 GT; 09-09-2004 at 10:06 AM.
post #12 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-09-2004, 03:10 PM Thread Starter
Recovering Lush

Quote:
Leach stopped kicking the ball because our kicking team couldnít do anything....He gave them a couple chances without any result. So why would he continue to use something that didnít work.
Ding ding ding...obviously that area of the game needs a liiiiiittle bit of work.

Quote:
If running the ball is everything that football is about then why do they even let them pass? Also if a team has zero running game how could they control the clock by getting the rush stuffed back in their face for four downs just to give it up.
Uhm, huh? You're on the goal line, up by 2 TDs, with under a minute to go. You kneel the ball twice, game over.

Quote:
Anyways...I'm not going to continue this debate with you anymore because it will never end. I have seen your blind devotion to T.U. in other debates which is amazing to witness at times.
OMG....what the F does Leech's absolute classlessness have to do with the University? And your above comment is the epitome of the skunk calling the dog stinky, as you try to rationalzie Leech's utter lack of character.

Quote:
You have your "opinion" and I have mine.
And my opinion is shared by 99.99% of other coaches from Bantam LEague to the NFL. You have the ball, and a lead, with under a mintue to go, on the opponents goal line...you kneel it. What is the risk reward factor over 7 points? The reward is you win by 21 vice 14. The risk is you look like a jackass, you throw an INT, or you lose a player to injury. This was a dumb move anyway you try to rationalize it.

Quote:
Lastly, the funniest part of this entire thread is the fact that you are all bent out of shape over a game that you didn't witness in person, listen to on the radio or watch on TV.
Uhm, I did listen to it on the radio.......I had money on the game.

Quote:
You read the ESPN article about a team you don't care about, a game that didn't involve T.U. and college you didn't go to and it has twisted you this much.....That is just comical.
Football is football. This was a classless move, by a classless coach. It has nothing to do with Texas, and everything to do with an utter lack of integrity. This is akin to a basketball team being up by 50 with 5 seconds to go, calling timeout to get the ball to halfcourt, and then hoisting up a 3 pointer.

-

color=#606060]
Quote:
Quote:
Mike Bickle

[

www.soberbygrace.org
post #13 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-09-2004, 03:49 PM
Back To Normal

LOL....you are funny!

You know, curiosity has gotten the best of me. You are so pissed off at Tech right now but might I ask you what was the spread that you bet on and in whose favor?

post #14 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-09-2004, 05:04 PM Thread Starter
Recovering Lush

Quote:
LOL....you are funny!

You know, curiosity has gotten the best of me. You are so pissed off at Tech right now but might I ask you what was the spread that you bet on and in whose favor?
I didn't think there was a snowball's chance in hell of SMUt covering a 25 point spread........

And I'm not pissed off at Tech...just at the coach. It's not the kids fault the guy running the show is an asshat.

Yes, I've had bad experiences with Tech fans, but everyone has some random antecdotal story about fans of Team X at a game, so I really don't assume that all Tech fans pour beer on other fans from stadium suites, etc.

color=#606060]
Quote:
Quote:
Mike Bickle

[

www.soberbygrace.org
post #15 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-12-2004, 05:25 PM Thread Starter
Recovering Lush

Nice game yesterday....
Oh Well, someone has to come in last place....you guys, Aggs, and Bayluh will be fighting it out.....i'd say your better than Baluh, and not as good as Aggsy.

Quote:
Leach stopped kicking the ball because our kicking team couldnít do anything....He gave them a couple chances without any result. So why would he continue to use something that didnít work. Thatís like continuing to crank your car expecting it to fire meanwhile knowing the gas tank is empty. You just don't do that.....

If running the ball is everything that football is about then why do they even let them pass? Also if a team has zero running game how could they control the clock by getting the rush stuffed back in their face for four downs just to give it up. Last time I checked you could run the clock by having possession of the ball whether you were passing or rushing. Granted you can use more time running but we are just talking about time off the clock in general right.....unless you want to throw 5 more irrelevant variables into the conversation to try to prove your point.

Anyways...I'm not going to continue this debate with you anymore because it will never end. I have seen your blind devotion to T.U. in other debates which is amazing to witness at times. You have your "opinion" and I have mine. I am sorry that you think that we will only beat SMU, Balylor and A&M but what you think about our future record doesnít concern me in the least. Only time will tell.

Lastly, the funniest part of this entire thread is the fact that you are all bent out of shape over a game that you didn't witness in person, listen to on the radio or watch on TV. You read the ESPN article about a team you don't care about, a game that didn't involve T.U. and college you didn't go to and it has twisted you this much.....That is just comical.

-Justin

color=#606060]
Quote:
Quote:
Mike Bickle

[

www.soberbygrace.org
post #16 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-15-2004, 06:21 PM
The Rise Of COBRA!

Well I guess it was BAD Karma... I would assume that what comes around goes around since they lost to my alma mater, the Los Lobos of New Mexico...

Sponsored Links
Advertisement