A-Rod thinks he's going to the World Series... - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 63 (permalink) Old 02-16-2004, 09:04 AM Thread Starter
The Rise Of COBRA!

A-Rod thinks he's going to the World Series...

I am sorry to say that the Yankees are going to struggle this year. Though it seems that they have made it hard for Red Sox fans this year it won't be enough to beat them...The Yankees have really not addressed losing their two best pitchers...A-Rod has brought unbelievable pressure onto himself going to New York and I believe this will spread onto his team-mates forcing them out in the 1st Round series at best...Sometimes its not always greener on the other pasture....Where's Ken Griffey?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 63 (permalink) Old 02-16-2004, 09:07 AM
tex
Lifer

I think 'struggle' is a horrible word choice. The Yankees will win at least 100 games, last time I checked, that ain't struggling. And they've still got one of the top 10 rotations in baseball.
post #3 of 63 (permalink) Old 02-16-2004, 09:07 AM
Eagles>Cowboys

Re: A-Rod thinks he's going to the World Series...

Quote:
Originally posted by Shaolin
I am sorry to say that the Yankees are going to struggle this year. Though it seems that they have made it hard for Red Sox fans this year it won't be enough to beat them...The Yankees have really not addressed losing their two best pitchers...A-Rod has brought unbelievable pressure onto himself going to New York and I believe this will spread onto his team-mates forcing them out in the 1st Round series at best...Sometimes its not always greener on the other pasture....Where's Ken Griffey?
Thats got to be one of the stupidest sports opinions I have ever heard.

post #4 of 63 (permalink) Old 02-16-2004, 09:18 AM
WTF is Zed?

Good riddance Pay-Rod
post #5 of 63 (permalink) Old 02-16-2004, 09:19 AM
Blue5spd's a titty baby

AROD will get to the Series a helluva lot quicker with the yanks than with Texas, if they ever make it.
post #6 of 63 (permalink) Old 02-16-2004, 09:19 AM Thread Starter
The Rise Of COBRA!

Re: Re: A-Rod thinks he's going to the World Series...

Quote:
Originally posted by mikecobra95
Thats got to be one of the stupidest sports opinions I have ever heard.

Speak more than just making comments about mine...At least I came out with it...on the record...The Yankees are going down...it will because of this deal....They didn't need A-Rod...NOW What!

What top 10 rotations....You've lost the Rocket and Pettite...and you've just got a couple of prospects and David Wells...How's that top 10? Top 10 last year....not now...Are they going to be able to get Maddox after this deal....Hell No!

post #7 of 63 (permalink) Old 02-16-2004, 09:23 AM
-----------------------

I don't think at all that this will be their best team in the last 10 years, but it is gonna be a very good one
post #8 of 63 (permalink) Old 02-16-2004, 09:25 AM
tex
Lifer

Re: Re: Re: A-Rod thinks he's going to the World Series...

Quote:
What top 10 rotations....You've lost the Rocket and Pettite...and you've just got a couple of prospects and David Wells...How's that top 10? Top 10 last year....not now...Are they going to be able to get Maddox after this deal....Hell No!
Yeah, Mike Mussina is a piece of shit, isn't he? And read up your shit, David Wells is gone. Now, dipshit, if you tell me a rotation with a core of Mussina, Kevin Brown and Javier Vasquez can't compete, you don't know a fucking thing about baseball. Not to mention their bullpen got a helluva lot better.
post #9 of 63 (permalink) Old 02-16-2004, 09:28 AM Thread Starter
The Rise Of COBRA!

Quote:
Originally posted by tex
I think 'struggle' is a horrible word choice. The Yankees will win at least 100 games, last time I checked, that ain't struggling. And they've still got one of the top 10 rotations in baseball.
What the fauk...Tex....

Yeah they may have won 100 games...wow that was last year...they have some upgrades but this deal doesn't take them over the top to win the World Series...You have to play the game not on paper....You really have the wool over your eyes...Go On Record...quit hating on my post...Lets get it down on Paper on how they will do...I think they will be better off without A-Rod...A-Rod's the "Jinx" Factor!!! Print it... This deal is the worst for the Yankees....You just got the Rangers out of Purgatory...Thanks You F-ing Yankee Homers...

post #10 of 63 (permalink) Old 02-16-2004, 09:29 AM
tex
Lifer

Quote:
What the fauk...Tex....

Yeah they may have won 100 games...wow that was last year...they have some upgrades but this deal doesn't take them over the top to win the World Series...You have to play the game not on paper....You really have the wool over your eyes...Go On Record...quit hating on my post...Lets get it down on Paper on how they will do...I think they will be better off without A-Rod...A-Rod's the "Jinx" Factor!!! Print it... This deal is the worst for the Yankees....You just got the Rangers out of Purgatory...Thanks You F-ing Yankee Homers...
You don't read well, do you??
post #11 of 63 (permalink) Old 02-16-2004, 09:32 AM Thread Starter
The Rise Of COBRA!

Re: Re: Re: Re: A-Rod thinks he's going to the World Series...

Quote:
Originally posted by tex
Yeah, Mike Mussina is a piece of shit, isn't he? And read up your shit, David Wells is gone. Now, dipshit, if you tell me a rotation with a core of Mussina, Kevin Brown and Javier Vasquez can't compete, you don't know a fucking thing about baseball. Not to mention their bullpen got a helluva lot better.

GROW UP TEX...

I am not a Yankees Hater....I'm not even a Rangers Fan...My oppinion was based on the A-Rod deal....Not knowing whos pitching for them now....Kevin Brown is an ice pack away from being gone for the season...Javier Vasquez ? 1 year wonder? What the fauk has he done compared to Andy P. and Roger C.? You're talking Mike Mussina, who gave up 2 games in this W/Series...He's so over-rated....You're the dipshit...F-you and the horse you rode in on....

post #12 of 63 (permalink) Old 02-16-2004, 09:33 AM
Blue5spd's a titty baby

Quote:
What the fauk...Tex....

I think they will be better off without A-Rod...A-Rod's the "Jinx" Factor!!! Print it... This deal is the worst for the Yankees....You just got the Rangers out of Purgatory...Thanks You F-ing Yankee Homers...
Arod wasn't the jinx it was John Hart's sorriness, along with Hick changing team direction every 2 weeks that kept the Rangers in the gutter.

Trading arod for Soriano will give the Yanks a much better defensive infield. Sorinano is a butcher when it comes to fielding, and he may find a new home in the outfield this year.

For the record I am a Rangers fan.
post #13 of 63 (permalink) Old 02-16-2004, 09:34 AM
What Can Brown Do For You

I want the Yankees to Win it all! I hope they do to shut up idiots like you that don't know anything about baseball. Who is going to match up against them?

No one not your Rangers or even the Marlins. The Marlins didn't even close the deal with I-Rod this year.

I want Alex to Win the Series, so everyone can shut up about how much he is getting paid! He is worth every penny. Bottom line was that Hicks didn't want to spend money.

You want someone to blame HICKS and HART!
post #14 of 63 (permalink) Old 02-16-2004, 09:34 AM Thread Starter
The Rise Of COBRA!

Quote:
Originally posted by cool cat
AROD will get to the Series a helluva lot quicker with the yanks than with Texas, if they ever make it.
We're missing the point...its not who is going to get there quicker...its just that the Yankees were better off without A-Rod...

They should have let the Rangers sleep in the bed they made...I'm Pissed that the Rangers are getting off easy...

post #15 of 63 (permalink) Old 02-16-2004, 09:35 AM
tex
Lifer

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: A-Rod thinks he's going to the World Series...

Quote:
GROW UP TEX...

I am not a Yankees Hater....I'm not even a Rangers Fan...My oppinion was based on the A-Rod deal....Not knowing whos pitching for them now....Kevin Brown is an ice pack away from being gone for the season...Javier Vasquez ? 1 year wonder? What the fauk has he done compared to Andy P. and Roger C.? You're talking Mike Mussina, who gave up 2 games in this W/Series...He's so over-rated....You're the dipshit...F-you and the horse you rode in on....
Stop being a dramatic, whiny little bitch. If you're going to voice a stupid, poorly formed statement, take your bashing like a man. If you don't know who's pitching for them, don't make stupid comments about them just having David Wells and some prospects. ALSO, if you weren't so concerned with your woe-is-me attitude, you would have read all this shit and noticed that I never said they were going to win the Series. I said they weren't going to struggle. Now, shove a large piece of cactus up your ass and suck dicks until you piss cum, you pussy ass little bitch.
post #16 of 63 (permalink) Old 02-16-2004, 09:37 AM
Blue5spd's a titty baby

Quote:
Originally posted by regaltip

You want someone to blame HICKS and HART!
True dat! Hart must be the first owner to outbid himself to signa player.
post #17 of 63 (permalink) Old 02-16-2004, 09:37 AM

David Wells is out of Gas and that's why NY got rid of him!
post #18 of 63 (permalink) Old 02-16-2004, 09:38 AM Thread Starter
The Rise Of COBRA!

[QUOTE]Originally posted by regaltip
[B]I want the Yankees to Win it all! I hope they do to shut up idiots like you that don't know anything about baseball. Who is going to match up against them?

What do you know about baseball...I know this you IDIOT...The Red Sox will....ON THE RECORD... Print it you Bastard!

By the way...I'm not a Red Sox Fan...

Why are you Yankee Homers so Defensive? A-Rod deal doesn't make since...

post #19 of 63 (permalink) Old 02-16-2004, 09:40 AM
Big "foot"

I can't have a sports debate...with someone... who doesn't understand the... rules of punc...tuation
post #20 of 63 (permalink) Old 02-16-2004, 09:43 AM

Print what? The Red Sox can't do squat! They couldn't close many deals with some great players! You don't know crap about baseball...... if you where following baseball you would see that the Red Sox didn't have the resources or the money to offer big name players money!

Your just a hater! You hate the reason that A-Rod is calling his own game and get's what he wants. Same goes for the Yanks! You hate it that the rangers can't do what the yanks have done and they will never do what the Yanks have done......same goes for the red sox.

again money talks and that's what NY has and TEXAS doesn't ......!
post #21 of 63 (permalink) Old 02-16-2004, 09:48 AM Thread Starter
The Rise Of COBRA!

Quote:
Originally posted by BLAKE
I can't have a sports debate...with someone... who doesn't understand the... rules of punc...tuation
Yes lets have the sports debate without making gay ass comments like Tex's...

post #22 of 63 (permalink) Old 02-16-2004, 09:50 AM Thread Starter
The Rise Of COBRA!

Quote:
Print what? The Red Sox can't do squat! They couldn't close many deals with some great players! You don't know crap about baseball...... if you where following baseball you would see that the Red Sox didn't have the resources or the money to offer big name players money!

Your just a hater! You hate the reason that A-Rod is calling his own game and get's what he wants. Same goes for the Yanks! You hate it that the rangers can't do what the yanks have done and they will never do what the Yanks have done......same goes for the red sox.

again money talks and that's what NY has and TEXAS
doesn't ......!

You're right about this statement:
again money talks and that's what NY has and TEXAS
doesn't

post #23 of 63 (permalink) Old 02-16-2004, 09:51 AM
tex
Lifer

Quote:
if you where following baseball you would see that the Red Sox didn't have the resources or the money to offer big name players money!
So many fallacies, so little time... don't you think it's a stretch to say that the Red Sox don't have money or resources, when they have a payroll of over $120 million? The only other team above 100 mil are is the Yankees.

And honestly, the Red Sox/Rangers deal wasn't killed by a lack of money, it was because they kept setting 'deadlines' and restricting shit to the point the players union wouldn't agree to it. It just goes to show how fucked up the Rangers management is, getting Nomar would have been a 10x better deal than getting Soriano, who really doesn't have a position he plays well. He was slated to be the replacement for Bernie in NY, but even though he's a decade younger, and much faster, they couldn't afford to put him out there. Bernie should have been DHing the last 2 years, at least.
post #24 of 63 (permalink) Old 02-16-2004, 09:51 AM
Baby Hellmuth

Baseball is gay.
post #25 of 63 (permalink) Old 02-16-2004, 09:53 AM
I'm your huckleberry...

Quote:

again money talks and that's what NY has and TEXAS doesn't ......!
That is a definate perk of playin for George, he can have essentially an allstar team. But it always doesn't work, IE the Anaheim Angels, Florida Marlins...

WestCoastMustangs
Eddie Plana reppin the FMC
'95 White Mustang GTS, currently being put together, JYTT and a 357W...
Visit the new www.westcoastmustangs.net
post #26 of 63 (permalink) Old 02-16-2004, 09:53 AM
tex
Lifer

Quote:
Yes lets have the sports debate without making gay ass comments like Tex's...
LMAO!! Stop crying, you're so bitter because YOU made a fucked up statement, and I called you on it, now you're leaking shit out your ass that doesn't make sense. Grow some balls, don't start calling names just because I dissagreed with you, and then made a better case.
post #27 of 63 (permalink) Old 02-16-2004, 09:55 AM Thread Starter
The Rise Of COBRA!

Quote:
Originally posted by P.O.S._Dubyuharex
Baseball is gay.

This is very true...

I can't believe I have a gay guy wanting to do things to me because I didn't know that David Wells was not a Yankee, and others believing that I'm hating on the Yankees...

My point was that A-Rod thinks that he's going to be handed a World Series Ring with this deal... Point being that you have to play the game on the field and not on paper... Does this mean that the Lakers are going to win the championship this year? Please tell me...Go On Record!!!

post #28 of 63 (permalink) Old 02-16-2004, 09:58 AM
Eagles>Cowboys

I am going to "GO ON RECORD" and tell you to shut the fuck up already. No one cares anymore, just shut up. You have posted this for only 15 minutes and everyone is already tired fo your ass. Just say, we'll see when teh season starts and leave it at that, no point arguing.

post #29 of 63 (permalink) Old 02-16-2004, 09:59 AM
Big "foot"

Off topic, but what is the origin of your name?

Chinese?

Buddhist?

Kung-Fu?

Just liked the way it sounded?
post #30 of 63 (permalink) Old 02-16-2004, 10:00 AM Thread Starter
The Rise Of COBRA!

Quote:
Originally posted by tex
LMAO!! Stop crying, you're so bitter because YOU made a fucked up statement, and I called you on it, now you're leaking shit out your ass that doesn't make sense. Grow some balls, don't start calling names just because I dissagreed with you, and then made a better case.

Hows that crying? Why do you want to say gay ass comments about growing balls? Just talk about the facts on baseball not gay ass comments to filter out your sexual aggressions...thank you

You have very strong arguements and you know your stuff but please no more gay comments of frustration...

I'm out.. I'm done... No more post whoring please unless its about this deal...

post #31 of 63 (permalink) Old 02-16-2004, 10:01 AM Thread Starter
The Rise Of COBRA!

No more gay comments of frustration just the facts...

Lets stop the name calling and have a debate over this deal...

post #32 of 63 (permalink) Old 02-16-2004, 10:03 AM
Time Served

The only problem facing the Yanks this year is as if right now they have no left handing pitching.
post #33 of 63 (permalink) Old 02-16-2004, 10:04 AM
BP
Keep your unicorns

Don't sell Jose Contrera's short, he was 7-2 last year in 9 starts with a 3.3 era and averaged over a strikeout per inning. Not bad for his first year in the majors

Put him, Mussina and Brown together and you have a strong rotation. The rest of their pitchers are unproven but they still have Rivera and now Tom Gordon to help out if needed.
post #34 of 63 (permalink) Old 02-16-2004, 10:04 AM
tex
Lifer

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: A-Rod thinks he's going to the World Series...

Yeah, stop the name calling!!

Quote:
....You're the dipshit...F-you and the horse you rode in on....

Don't worry, twinkletoes, I'm not frustrated. You don't have the I.Q. to frustrate me.
post #35 of 63 (permalink) Old 02-16-2004, 10:33 AM
Banned

arod?

fuck a rod talking that bullshit that his staying with the rangers? now i more reason to shoot the bitch in the ass. and speaking with the fucking yanks? they suck!! i'm a marlins fan they dont have mvp josh beckett and the defence so what if dumb ass pudge is no longer on the team i still think the marlins are going back to the playoff this season!!!.................fuck the ranger as long they have their shity has ower(like the cowboys) they will never be a good team.
post #36 of 63 (permalink) Old 02-16-2004, 10:38 AM

Re: arod?

Quote:
Originally posted by robs85stang5.0
fuck a rod talking that bullshit that his staying with the rangers? now i more reason to shoot the bitch in the ass. and speaking with the fucking yanks? they suck!! i'm a marlins fan they dont have mvp josh beckett and the defence so what if dumb ass pudge is no longer on the team i still think the marlins are going back to the playoff this season!!!.................fuck the ranger as long they have their shity has ower(like the cowboys) they will never be a good team.
ok so the cowboys are going to suck because of Jerry Jones? dude did you turn your TV on this season and see what teams were in the playoffs?

I guess you haven't heard of the Big Tuna?

Noob!
post #37 of 63 (permalink) Old 02-16-2004, 10:55 AM
Banned

cowboys

fuck you man as long they have gay faget carter and jerry jones they will never be a good team. bill is the only guy to do it with him they would be dead last place last season.
post #38 of 63 (permalink) Old 02-16-2004, 11:01 AM
BOOSTED32V Jr.

The Yankees are trying to do what the Rangers thought they could do: Get tons of hitting over pitching.

The Yankees will be lucky to win 100 games this year.

They've lost 3 of their main starting pitchers in Clemmons, Pettite, and Wells and will probably have to give up another in the A-Rod trade to make it worth the Rangers time/money.

-1998 Cobra - Vortech SQ-Trim powered - BAD-SVT Jr.

459.1rwhp/368.5rwtq on 8#'s of boost

Upcoming mods: 2008 Mustang GT or 2003-up BMW M3
post #39 of 63 (permalink) Old 02-16-2004, 11:10 AM
BP
Keep your unicorns

Quote:
Originally posted by SVTVenom
The Yankees are trying to do what the Rangers thought they could do: Get tons of hitting over pitching.

They've lost 3 of their main starting pitchers in Clemmons, Pettite, and Wells and will probably have to give up another in the A-Rod trade to make it worth the Rangers time/money.
Texas has noone anywhere near the caliber or Mussina, Brown or Contreras and hasn't had in the past 3 years. Kenny Rogers is the best pitcher they've had recently and the only one on their roster that might be able to win 10 games this year. The Yankees are not hurting for pitching by any means.
post #40 of 63 (permalink) Old 02-16-2004, 11:16 AM
Ide fuck her in the ass..

a rod made a good move, he will see the wolrd series with the yankees soon, if he stays with the rangers he never would have...

WTB: At&T phone... pm me what ya got...

Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote
post #41 of 63 (permalink) Old 02-16-2004, 12:19 PM

Re: cowboys

Quote:
Originally posted by robs85stang5.0
fuck you man as long they have gay faget carter and jerry jones they will never be a good team. bill is the only guy to do it with him they would be dead last place last season.
i guess it was bill that was out on the field making plays? no or was it carter?

people are ready to write off carter. i don't think so i think he's just going to get better.
post #42 of 63 (permalink) Old 02-16-2004, 01:03 PM
Time Served

Quote:
Originally posted by SVTVenom

The difference between the ranger teams of a few years ago and this current yankee team is that the yankees have a great defense, a good bullpen(with a top 5 closer), and a rotation that is easily in the top ten in the league.

The yankees might give up a decent single A or double A pitcher to go with Soriano. The rangers where going to get fucked on trading A Rod...but this is better than the offer we got from the Red Sox.
post #43 of 63 (permalink) Old 02-16-2004, 02:08 PM
BP
Keep your unicorns

I have no respect for the Rangers after they tried to get Manny Ramirez for Arod, thats proof enough that they are morons. Well that and not signing John Thompson, resigning Pudge or Palmeiro.

What are they going to do next trade Blalock for Harold Baines? Oh wait he already retired, thank god I guess they could trade him for Mo Vaughn since they need a first baseman.
post #44 of 63 (permalink) Old 02-16-2004, 02:11 PM

Well, considering that Mo Vaughn is done too! LOL!

Or they could bring in Charlie Huff as a closer!
post #45 of 63 (permalink) Old 02-16-2004, 02:15 PM
Blue5spd's a titty baby

Quote:
Well, considering that Mo Vaughn is done too! LOL!

Or they could bring in Charlie Huff as a closer!
Hough throws just as hard now as he did in the 80's.
post #46 of 63 (permalink) Old 02-16-2004, 02:23 PM
BP
Keep your unicorns

Quote:
Originally posted by cool cat
Hough throws just as hard now as he did in the 80's.
I can throw harder than Hough, hell I can probably ride my bike faster than he pitched. We had a knuckle ball pitcher in high school and man it sucked trying to hit those, that and he would follow it up with a 93 mph fastball.
post #47 of 63 (permalink) Old 02-16-2004, 05:01 PM Thread Starter
The Rise Of COBRA!

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: A-Rod thinks he's going to the World Series...

Quote:
Originally posted by tex
Yeah, stop the name calling!!

Don't worry, twinkletoes, I'm not frustrated. You don't have the I.Q. to frustrate me.

See and there you go again....lets talk about this deal...not whether or not I have twinkletoes...Lets be mature now with your 9400+ posts....You just added 10 extra posts onto my name talking about gay shit... I appologize for ruffling your tail-feathers...Lets talk about how this deal will work for Texas and/or New York... Is Jeter going to be the short stop after this coming season?

post #48 of 63 (permalink) Old 02-16-2004, 05:18 PM
Professional Slacker

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally posted by 4DRSS
Good riddance Pay-Rod
bout damn time.... maybe texas will spend the freed 50mil on a pitcher....
post #49 of 63 (permalink) Old 02-16-2004, 05:31 PM
now he wants to drive

you started your post w/ what someone thinks,

Quote:
lets talk about this deal...Is Jeter going to be the short stop after this coming season?

you said "A-Rod thinks, " you sir have no idea what A-Rod, thinks!
People disagree with your opinion because you do not have all the facts.
Do you really believe the Yankees won't be one of the best teams in baseball?
"Big George" has the dinero to make major deals. They still have a good
to better than average pitching staff. They probably have the best
closer in baseball & they will score runs.
If not for a complete disaster, Yanks win it all!
By the way, I don't like baseball but let's be real.
post #50 of 63 (permalink) Old 02-16-2004, 09:25 PM Thread Starter
The Rise Of COBRA!

Re: you started your post w/ what someone thinks,

Quote:
Originally posted by razastang
you said "A-Rod thinks, " you sir have no idea what A-Rod, thinks!
People disagree with your opinion because you do not have all the facts.
Do you really believe the Yankees won't be one of the best teams in baseball?
"Big George" has the dinero to make major deals. They still have a good
to better than average pitching staff. They probably have the best
closer in baseball & they will score runs.
If not for a complete disaster, Yanks win it all!
By the way, I don't like baseball but let's be real.

Well you have a point with money, but you don't know what A-rod thinks as well... Facts? What I assumed they still had David Wells and I don't have Facts? Please, So did George's "dinero" help them this year, or last year before that? No it didn't...I remember several years ago, when Baltimore did the same thing with getting all these big time all-stars...It never panned gold...So money doesn't always get you over the top... It just gets you in the vacinity...

Sponsored Links
Advertisement