DFW Mustang Forums banner

UFC 121 : Lesnar vs Velasquez

9K views 181 replies 50 participants last post by  bert89coupe 
#1 ·
Pretty decent card this weekend. Cain is a definete threat to Lesnar's title. Should be fun to watch. :)

Shields first fight in the UFC. Kampmann is a tough dude, but Sheilds should go through him pretty easily.

Diego vs Paulo - This fight is Paulo's to lose.

Hamill vs Ortiz - Ortiz's last chance in the UFC. Even though he's had a few losses all to ex-champs, he desperately needs a win to keep DW happy and his job.

Gonzaga vs Schaub - I'm pickin the rookie on this one. As long as he can stay on his feet he should be ok.

Cote and McGee are both easy picks. Stout is a solid maybe.

UFC 121: Lesnar vs. Velasquez
Date: Oct 23, 2010

Venue: Honda Center
Broadcast: Pay-per-view

MAIN CARD
•Champ Brock Lesnar vs. Cain Velasquez (for heavyweight title)
•Martin Kampmann vs. Jake Shields
•Diego Sanchez vs. Paulo Thiago
•Matt Hamill vs. Tito Ortiz
•Gabriel Gonzaga vs. Brendan Schaub
PRELIMINARY CARD (Spike TV)
•Ryan Jensen vs. Court McGee
•Patrick Cote vs. Tom Lawlor
PRELIMINARY CARD (un-aired)

•Sam Stout vs. Paul Taylor
•Mike Guymon vs. Daniel Roberts
•Chris Camozzi vs. Dongi Yang
•Jon Madsen vs. Gilbert Yvel

See less See more
#98 ·
I still believe he has a suspect chin, and he proved it in the carwin fight by getting dropped. Yeah I know, blah blah blah. The point is that he got folded up, no way around it. Is Cain as heavy handed as carwin, no, but be is more accurate and technical and posses the power to lay him out.

Now with that said, opinions are like ass holes every body has one and this is mma and anything can happen.

Edit: sorry SS junk but I believe he was calling you a rookie.

#108 ·
Man shields looked horribly tired. Here we go!!

#110 ·
Exactly like I said!!!!

Edit: Lesnars chin is suspect. Like I said Cigano Vs Cain.

#124 ·
"I'm the toughest son of a bitch on the planet............................and I just got beat the fuck up............again." I think Brock has the problem of going into fights thinking that he's too big to get hurt. The funny thing is Cain even looked stronger than Brock. A well deserved win over a underserving "champ."

#134 ·
Doesn't have all the background commentary, but you get the idea. ;)

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ZKJM1j4WlRU?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ZKJM1j4WlRU?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

-Aaron

#144 ·
Lmao hahaha thats a good one!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.