CRF450X Supermoto - My Next Bike? - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 58 (permalink) Old 10-18-2010, 07:32 AM Thread Starter
Time Served

CRF450X Supermoto - My Next Bike?

I've been looking for a solid street legal Supermoto for a while now, and haven't really found anything that I really thought met all my needs. But now I think I've found it!

The DRZ is just a little bit too slow and I don't love the styling.

The WR250X looks and rides awesome, but it is very underpowered.

Could easily supermoto my CRF230, but not worth the money considering it's slower than the WR.

The KTM's are the shit, but are expensive and still require the factory baja kit (and dealer support is more limited).

The Aprilia SXV's are awesome, but I've heard a lot of people talk about motor problems and reliability issues (I want the opposite!). Plus, they're expensive and heavier than a true supermoto should be.

So....I'm looking at the Honda CRF450X. It comes factory with a headlight, electric start and a kickstand. Theree things that I really do like having in a streetbike. I know that the motor won't have the same power as a CRF450R, but it's got to be a lot better than the DRZ or WR. It comes with dual-purpose tires, but I'd replace them with proper motard tires, adjust the suspension, change up some plastics and be good.

Has anyone ever ridden one? Just wondering what folks think of them, as I'm a Honda guy at heart and am thinking that this might be the next bike to add to the collection.

Within a few months, I'll have my 954, CRF230F, CRF250R and hopefully this CRF450X. Then my garage would finally be looking right!

- BigJason

Last edited by stephen4785; 11-16-2010 at 11:30 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 58 (permalink) Old 10-18-2010, 07:45 AM
Punk Ass Newbie

I had one, it was already street legal when I bought it so no complications on getting it titled for street.

Bike was completely awesome, ive ridden the DRZ and the WR and there is no coomparison at all. Only complaint is it needed smaller sprokets as highway speed were slow and noisy.

I sold it to Ryan Andrews at the Euro Shop here in waco. Im sure he still has it if you want to check it out.
post #3 of 58 (permalink) Old 10-18-2010, 08:19 AM
Banned

Do it!

I have an 04 450r. Its got excel wheels with talon hubs, brake man 330mm wave rotors, rear hand break and some other crap. I really want to spend some cash and get it street legal, but money is tight. Out of all the bikes I own, it is the most fun.

post #4 of 58 (permalink) Old 10-18-2010, 08:30 AM Thread Starter
Time Served

So how come no one talks about these things? There are some decent vids on YouTube (some of the better ones are from Waco, actually), but in all the time I've talked about getting a supermoto, no one has once mentioned converting a 450X....just wondering what the other "cons" may be.

I won't be doing a lot of highway riding, but would want it to be capable of doing short highway stints.

Any maintenance issues I need to know about?

Vandertt - So when can I come ride yours?? I'd love to get a taste of what I'm getting myself into before putting down the cash.

Thanks!

- BigJason
post #5 of 58 (permalink) Old 10-18-2010, 08:33 AM
Banned

For shure dude! Its out at my dads house in Double Oak. I'll give you some advance notice when I'm heading out there next.
post #6 of 58 (permalink) Old 10-18-2010, 08:46 AM Thread Starter
Time Served

Awesome! Let me know and I'll run up there.
post #7 of 58 (permalink) Old 10-18-2010, 11:35 AM
The Fastest of the Fast

Mine will smoke a 450x. Mine will smoke probably nearly every motard out there. Ron Hamp builds dirt track motors. I wasnt lying when I said 70HP. Come test ride it before u go buy some junk. Electric start is overrated.
post #8 of 58 (permalink) Old 10-18-2010, 11:40 AM
Time Served

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnotherRedHead View Post
Mine will smoke a 450x. Mine will smoke probably nearly every motard out there. Ron Hamp builds dirt track motors. I wasnt lying when I said 70HP. Come test ride it before u go buy some junk. Electric start is overrated.
I would imagine it's cheaper to start with the X and make it faster than it is to start with the R and make it street legal.

Hell, I head port + cam + high compression piston would be right around $1,000. I don't see him making an R street legal for that kind of money.

To the o/p, motards are the shit. I've got a 2002 450R for track days - I've never had more fun on two wheels. A lot of it is that I can ride at 105% without worrying about trashing my 1000RR at the track, and a lot of it is the late braking + high corner speed aspect of riding a motard. I haven't ridden the new section of MSR yet, but I hear it's phenomenal on a motard.

1992 LX Coupe - just a few bolt-ons.
post #9 of 58 (permalink) Old 10-18-2010, 11:44 AM
The Fastest of the Fast

Mine already has a headlight, taillight, all u need is a brake switch and a rewound stator. And u can buy a kickstand while u are at it. So, 300 bucks? And u can do whatever u want to the 450x it will never be even close to the motor in this thing. Anyone that knows RHC knows he doesnt play around. Dude builds 45+ hp 250Fs and 75hp 450 dirt trackers. TUF racing just picked him up for all their rnd. I mean, I will go get it inspected and registered. But geez, if I go to the trouble, u might have to pry this thing from my cold, dead hands.....
post #10 of 58 (permalink) Old 10-18-2010, 12:01 PM Thread Starter
Time Served

I don't have to have the fastest bike out there. I've just heard from too many people that the DRZ400's are just a little too slow, and I'm hoping that the 450X would be just that little bit more powerful. I was even strongly considering the WR250X, and that's a dog, but motards aren't just about big hp #'s. I would even have a ball riding my 230F on the street, and most people can run faster than that thing.

Also, electric start is a must for me. I'm not gonna be wanting to kick-start that thing when I run up to get a haircut and it's 100+ degrees out. Fuck all that.

Reliability is a key concern too. As I understand it, the X's have much longer service intervals than the R's, and that's important to me. I want a bike I can just go run around on occasionally and not spend a lot of time wrenching on it.

There are some 450X's online for $3-$3,500...seems like a lot of fun for that money.

- BigJason
post #11 of 58 (permalink) Old 10-18-2010, 12:11 PM Thread Starter
Time Served

A high-strung race motor is that last thing I want. I can't believe I just said that, but it is true.

This is what I'm talking about.....

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Honda...Q5fmotorcycles
post #12 of 58 (permalink) Old 10-18-2010, 02:36 PM
Time Served

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonRR View Post
A high-strung race motor is that last thing I want. I can't believe I just said that, but it is true.

This is what I'm talking about.....

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Honda...Q5fmotorcycles

I know that's not your auction...but damn...When you start an eBay auction off at your asking price and advertising "no reserve" isn't like like, a load of crap?
post #13 of 58 (permalink) Old 10-18-2010, 02:50 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by scuzz View Post
I know that's not your auction...but damn...When you start an eBay auction off at your asking price and advertising "no reserve" isn't like like, a load of crap?
Nope. It's smart.

post #14 of 58 (permalink) Old 10-18-2010, 02:51 PM
Notorious PIG

Check over on the Texas Offroad network. Always a few on there.

Whos your Daddy
post #15 of 58 (permalink) Old 10-18-2010, 02:59 PM
Time Served

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThreeFingerPete View Post
Nope. It's smart.
Sure, if you call "smart" paying for eBay auction fees for something that doesn't sell. (then sells on CL)

I guess we'll see in 46 hours.....
post #16 of 58 (permalink) Old 10-18-2010, 03:01 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Sure, if you call "smart" paying for eBay auction fees for something that doesn't sell. (then sells on CL)

I know plenty of people who sell using those tactics and do well enough. I don't sell on Ebay, but they seem to do well.

post #17 of 58 (permalink) Old 10-18-2010, 03:04 PM
Time Served

Quote:
Nope. It's smart.
Quote:
I know plenty of people who sell using those tactics and do well enough. I don't sell on Ebay, but they seem to do well.
Correct. I was referring to eBay. Most other places you don't have all the fee's involved.

Sure, Cl has it's low-ballers, but I prefer it 1000 times over eBay as a means to sell anything larger than a breadbox.
post #18 of 58 (permalink) Old 10-18-2010, 03:06 PM
Banned

Jason, I forgot to add. Mine has an Athena 490cc big bore kit. It is plenty fast!
post #19 of 58 (permalink) Old 10-18-2010, 03:07 PM
The Fastest of the Fast

A thumper is a thumper. Common man's logic always cracks me up. Yall are too funny. I just put 350 hours on my 62 HP 09 450. If u believe the idiots on thumpertalk my bike would never last that long....

U know how to make a 450 last? Clean your air filter and change your oil every ride. Thereafter only .6 qt in there. U wouldn't believe the way ppl treat their bikes. Purchase wisely
post #20 of 58 (permalink) Old 10-18-2010, 03:08 PM
Time Served

How often do those engines (Honda 450's) need their valves adjusted? Is it pretty often?
post #21 of 58 (permalink) Old 10-18-2010, 04:12 PM
too many projects!

Location: you cant drink all day if you don't start in the morning
My co-worker has a cr450x he made street legal and has been trying to sell for a bit.
This is it.

http://dallas.craigslist.org/dal/mcy/2006430605.html

PHUKET
A coward dies a thousand deaths
A soldier dies but once.
post #22 of 58 (permalink) Old 10-18-2010, 04:16 PM Thread Starter
Time Served

Yeah, I've been peaking at that one. I would replace those red bits and just make it all solid black...could be sick.

Any idea how well he might have taken care of it? Or why he's selling it?

Thanks.
post #23 of 58 (permalink) Old 10-18-2010, 07:29 PM
too many projects!

Quote:
Yeah, I've been peaking at that one. I would replace those red bits and just make it all solid black...could be sick.

Any idea how well he might have taken care of it? Or why he's selling it?

Thanks.
He dosen't keep anything long, he gets board with one thing and moves to the next. He is 10 year Mercedes-Benz tech and did all the oil changes and such ever since he bought it I think two years ago. I don't think he rose it that much really. I agree on the black out look and it wouldn't take much more to get that done. Then toss some suttle graphics on it and done.

PHUKET
A soldier dies but once.
post #24 of 58 (permalink) Old 10-18-2010, 10:51 PM
Lifer

Quote:
A thumper is a thumper. Common man's logic always cracks me up. Yall are too funny. I just put 350 hours on my 62 HP 09 450. If u believe the idiots on thumpertalk my bike would never last that long....

U know how to make a 450 last? Clean your air filter and change your oil every ride. Thereafter only .6 qt in there. U wouldn't believe the way ppl treat their bikes. Purchase wisely

What all did you have to do to the R motor throughout the 350 hours to keep it going?

IMO a CRFX motor would be better suited for the street for a couple of reasons. The motor is less aggressive, so less wear. For example it has a less aggressive cam, so you won't be slamming those valve seats as hard and won't need valve adjustments/valve jobs as often. Also the gearing. The X gearing would be better for road use.
post #25 of 58 (permalink) Old 10-19-2010, 06:52 AM
Time Served

How would you go about making an off road vehicle street legal? The last time I checked it couldn't be done. Did they change the law?

Just a little coupe

post #26 of 58 (permalink) Old 10-19-2010, 07:18 AM
too many projects!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubberslingger66 View Post
How would you go about making an off road vehicle street legal? The last time I checked it couldn't be done. Did they change the law?

Get the required lights, register it for a plate, inspection and you are good to go.

PHUKET
A soldier dies but once.
post #27 of 58 (permalink) Old 10-19-2010, 07:21 AM
Time Served

Quote:
Originally Posted by TX21 View Post
Get the required lights, register it for a plate, inspection and you are good to go.
Hell yeah I want a street legal XR650R supermotard.

Just a little coupe

post #28 of 58 (permalink) Old 10-19-2010, 07:35 AM
The Fastest of the Fast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buick355 View Post
What all did you have to do to the R motor throughout the 350 hours to keep it going?

IMO a CRFX motor would be better suited for the street for a couple of reasons. The motor is less aggressive, so less wear. For example it has a less aggressive cam, so you won't be slamming those valve seats as hard and won't need valve adjustments/valve jobs as often. Also the gearing. The X gearing would be better for road use.
Nothing out of the ordinary. Yeah, you wanna know why a 450x lasts longer? Bc someone is riding it slower and it makes less power....duh. Thats like saying what will last longer, a mustang, or a mustang with an e cam. Both will last 200,000 miles, unless you never change your oil. Your talking about a bike tamed down for woods use, vs. a bike that is meant to go fast. But why in the hell u would think u need more power on the dirt than on the street, is just retarded. Why do they build supermoto's with 75hp? The street is the only place that kind of power can be used. An underpowered dirtbike will get really boring on the street. Hell, my motard with a shitload of power is pretty boring just clicking thru the gears on a roll on. Its no 1000cc streetbike, thats for damn sure. Its meant to turn inside lines, roll stoppies, and wheelies. IMO, on a motard, you want all the hp you can get....

You know how many times I adjusted the valves on my bike? Never. They didnt move. They arent supposed to. My yamaha never moved either. If your having to adjust your valves, they prob need to be replaced cause the tips are shrooming, and you're just band aid ing the problem.

Just dont try and tell me whats gonna last or why, esp cause you read it online.....I have been through more dirtbikes in 4 years than most of you will in a lifetime.
post #29 of 58 (permalink) Old 10-19-2010, 08:00 AM
too many projects!

Quote:
That could be interesting. Only problem I see is it will be tall and kinda wishy washy on the hwy next to a big truck or high winds. If you could squat it a bit it would help.

PHUKET
A soldier dies but once.
post #30 of 58 (permalink) Old 10-19-2010, 08:02 AM
Time Served

Quote:
Originally Posted by TX21 View Post
That could be interesting. Only problem I see is it will be tall and kinda wishy washy on the hwy next to a big truck or high winds. If you could squat it a bit it would help.
Oh yeah I'm gonna have to lower it for sure

Just a little coupe

post #31 of 58 (permalink) Old 10-19-2010, 10:58 AM
Time Served

i have yet to have to touch the valves on my 09 450. probably around 100 or so hours.

air filter and oil changes. every to every other ride, no exceptions.

your typical 450 rider is not buried to the bump stop every where like a decent 250f rider. this is even more so with your average 450x rider.
post #32 of 58 (permalink) Old 10-19-2010, 12:12 PM
The Fastest of the Fast

Quote:
Originally Posted by jammeejamm View Post
i have yet to have to touch the valves on my 09 450. probably around 100 or so hours.

your typical 450 rider is not buried to the bump stop every where like a decent 250f rider. this is even more so with your average 450x rider.

exactly
post #33 of 58 (permalink) Old 10-19-2010, 03:29 PM Thread Starter
Time Served

Ok...but on the streets, I'd have that thing to the stop all the time, right?

So if I'm going to be riding a bike wide-open more often, is there an advantage with the X over the R?

I appreciate the advice from someone with so much dirtbike experience, it really is what I'm looking for. But if you've been through so many bikes in 4yrs, I don't know how you can talk about long-term reliability. I'm looking for a bike to last me years without having to do a bunch of maintenance. Example: My 954. Maybe that isn't a realistic expecation for any dirtbike, but that's what I'm trying to learn. I hear the DRZ's are "bulletproof" and don't need a lot of maintenance, and that's what I'm looking for (only with a little more power and better styling).

I considered the XR650 for a supermoto conversion, and there is a dude on CL that's been trying to sell a decent one FOREVER...he's down to something like $3k now. BUT, if you get the 650R, I believe you've got all the same issues as the 450R, and if you get the L, I hear that they're dogs (too heavy, suspension too soft, etc...).

I appreciate everyone's feedback and $.02. I want to make the right move here, when I do make a move.

- BigJason
post #34 of 58 (permalink) Old 10-19-2010, 05:00 PM
Time Served

Quote:
Originally Posted by jammeejamm View Post

Im the same also. Oil changes and air filters really keep the bikes running good. Ive got around 100 Hours on my 08 Crf 450 and it starts easily and still runs strong.
post #35 of 58 (permalink) Old 10-19-2010, 07:09 PM
Banned

Quote:
I considered the XR650 for a supermoto conversion, and there is a dude on CL that's been trying to sell a decent one FOREVER...he's down to something like $3k now. BUT, if you get the 650R, I believe you've got all the same issues as the 450R, and if you get the L, I hear that they're dogs (too heavy, suspension too soft, etc...)- BigJason
I believe 650r is sohc air cooled, so about as reliable as you can get.

For your desires, it makes sense to get a bike with e start, kickstand, lights, etc...already. Pipe and filter on the 450x and you'll be content.

You got the blade for your spreed fix.
post #36 of 58 (permalink) Old 10-19-2010, 07:30 PM Thread Starter
Time Served

Yeah, I just want a light, nimble little supermoto that I can clutch up in 2nd leaving stoplights and roll some decent stoppies on. Is that asking for too much??? Lol.

I keep thinking that the 450X really is the way to go....I just want to ride a stock one before I lay down the cash. I wonder if a dealership would let me test ride one?? But they're not street legal in stock trim, so I don't know where I'd really get to ride it.....hmmmm.....

- BigJason
post #37 of 58 (permalink) Old 10-19-2010, 09:01 PM
Lifer

Quote:

You know how many times I adjusted the valves on my bike? Never. They didnt move. They arent supposed to. My yamaha never moved either. If your having to adjust your valves, they prob need to be replaced cause the tips are shrooming, and you're just band aid ing the problem.

Just dont try and tell me whats gonna last or why, esp cause you read it online.....I have been through more dirtbikes in 4 years than most of you will in a lifetime.
I read this online:

Quote:
Every 30-50 hours I like to go through my motor. I would put in a piston and do a valve job on the head everytime you pulled it apart if you had the extra 300 bucks. It keeps your compression high and your bike pulling hard and running like new. These single cylinders are beaters on the rings and they have alot of valve noise stock so check your shims often and keep in spec. For about 1000 bucks a year you can have your bike like factory. Always replace chains, sprockets tires every 15-25 hours, oil and filter every race, and air filter cleaned everytime. Get your suspension done every 30-40, thats full replacement of seals, bumpstops and fluids. And your bike will be like riding it off the showroom floor, everytime you get on it.

Nick
DFW Powersports
from this thread:

https://www.dfwstangs.net/forums/showthread.php?t=330732

I'm just sayin'
post #38 of 58 (permalink) Old 10-19-2010, 11:55 PM
OLD SCHOOL crew

Quote:
Motorcycles haven't been in "high" demand since Summer of 08. Nov.-Jan. is the WORST time of the year to sell a bike and we're pretty damn close. That's also a bike with a narrow market. Seller seems to have some idea what they're doing and doesn't want to just give away their item.

Quote:

What fees for something that doesn't sell? The first five times you list a motorcycle are free, they only charge fees when it sells. The sixth time will cost you $20 to list IIRC, not sure, never had a bike take that long to sell.

How do you know he's not listing the bike on his local craigslist, forum, and cycle trader???

Quote:
Correct. I was referring to eBay. Most other places you don't have all the fee's involved.

Sure, Cl has it's low-ballers, but I prefer it 1000 times over eBay as a means to sell anything larger than a breadbox.
I don't know about that seller, but like anyone with half a brain I adjust my ebay pricing to account for their fees. I would also think the bike is listed several places to maximize exposure. I mean, why wouldn't it be, ya know???

Buy my 98 Civic 5spd - New A/C $2250 over 40mpg on the [email protected]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean88gt
I want to live as an outlaw, or what used to be called a Free American.
Quote:
Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone. The people themselves, therefore, are its only safe depositories. And to render even them safe, their minds must be improved to a certain degree." --Thomas Jefferson
post #39 of 58 (permalink) Old 10-20-2010, 08:29 AM
Lifer

I had a 650r SM...

Most fun thing I have ever owned hands down..

A little more to handle than a 450 but you can acutally do Highway Speeds on the 650.
post #40 of 58 (permalink) Old 10-20-2010, 08:31 AM
Lifer

Quote:

I built mine while I worked at the Honda Shop.. Had to Sell it because I was headed to Prison If I kept riding it.
post #41 of 58 (permalink) Old 10-20-2010, 09:14 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Treybizttu View Post
I had a 650r SM...

Most fun thing I have ever owned hands down..

A little more to handle than a 450 but you can acutally do Highway Speeds on the 650.

I do highway speeds on my 450.
post #42 of 58 (permalink) Old 10-20-2010, 11:08 AM
Time Served

Quote:
Originally Posted by Treybizttu View Post
I built mine while I worked at the Honda Shop.. Had to Sell it because I was headed to Prison If I kept riding it.
Yeah I'm a little concerned about that too. But on the other hand I can also see myself getting in trouble with a Ruckus. So why not go with the 650r?

Just a little coupe

post #43 of 58 (permalink) Old 10-20-2010, 11:27 AM Thread Starter
Time Served

and I'm looking for a motard specifically to get into trouble with...

What'd you get for your 650R motard, if you don't mind me asking?

- BigJason
post #44 of 58 (permalink) Old 10-20-2010, 12:15 PM
The Fastest of the Fast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buick355 View Post
I read this online:

from this thread:

https://www.dfwstangs.net/forums/showthread.php?t=330732

I'm just sayin'
LOL 2007 huh? Things change. I was lazy with my 09 450. Ive had a crank and piston sitting here for almost a year now. Hondas used to have valve issues, and I think its apparent that they have fixed that now. My motard has RHC steel valves in it anyway. Oh yeah, they are brand new as well, btw

But what I said wasnt bad advice at all, esp if you are riding a 250F or a two stroke. Or if youre big money bags and you want your shit riding like a factory bike.
post #45 of 58 (permalink) Old 10-20-2010, 12:22 PM
The Fastest of the Fast

Quote:
Ok...but on the streets, I'd have that thing to the stop all the time, right?

So if I'm going to be riding a bike wide-open more often, is there an advantage with the X over the R?

I appreciate the advice from someone with so much dirtbike experience, it really is what I'm looking for. But if you've been through so many bikes in 4yrs, I don't know how you can talk about long-term reliability. I'm looking for a bike to last me years without having to do a bunch of maintenance. Example: My 954. Maybe that isn't a realistic expecation for any dirtbike, but that's what I'm trying to learn. I hear the DRZ's are "bulletproof" and don't need a lot of maintenance, and that's what I'm looking for (only with a little more power and better styling).

I considered the XR650 for a supermoto conversion, and there is a dude on CL that's been trying to sell a decent one FOREVER...he's down to something like $3k now. BUT, if you get the 650R, I believe you've got all the same issues as the 450R, and if you get the L, I hear that they're dogs (too heavy, suspension too soft, etc...).

I appreciate everyone's feedback and $.02. I want to make the right move here, when I do make a move.

- BigJason
There is no single cylinder engine that will last as long as your 954. But, with a little bit of TLC you can keep a thumper running for a long long time. Just trust me, u dont want to buy a bike you cant even wheelie. A motard needs to be a monster. Go ride a DRZ and let me know what u think
post #46 of 58 (permalink) Old 10-20-2010, 12:25 PM
The Fastest of the Fast

And btw, my first thumper was the supermoto, so I know a thing or two about keeping a bike running well. Ive bought a new one every year since then, but kept the 2006 cause I have so much money in it. And its still like a brand new bike.

Oh yeah, and before I forget, my motard has oil cooling PWR radiators as well. For increased reliability and increased oil capacity
post #47 of 58 (permalink) Old 10-20-2010, 12:50 PM
Lifer

Quote:
and I'm looking for a motard specifically to get into trouble with...

What'd you get for your 650R motard, if you don't mind me asking?

- BigJason
$4k

I was a super nice 2000 model that sat in a garage for 8 years before I got it. Probably had 15 hours of use maybe.

And My Roomate had a DRZ400sm for a few years.. It handled and stopped well but, man that thing was a slug compared to my 650.
post #48 of 58 (permalink) Old 10-20-2010, 12:54 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by vadertt View Post
I do highway speeds on my 450.
True, and I have ridden a 450r Tard Geared for the highway that was "okay". My 650 was geared to cruise 70-80 all day long without breaking a sweat and was still a monster on the bottom end.

A Street-Tired 650r with a few things done to let the motor breath is probably one of the top 5 easiest things on the planet to wheelie.
post #49 of 58 (permalink) Old 10-20-2010, 01:06 PM
Lifer

Now that I can't use a bike to commute I would love to have a 450r or X to put around on.

But I honestly have so many other hobbies that a street bike that would only see weekend use is really not in the cards.
post #50 of 58 (permalink) Old 10-20-2010, 02:00 PM Thread Starter
Time Served

I'm just going to have to ride a stock 450X somewhere and see if I find the power acceptable. Like I said, I considered converting my 230, and that thing is slow...but I can wheelie the shit out of it, clutch up in 2nd and shift if I want to.

I like how lightweight my little 230 is, and I just get this feeling that the big 650R would just be too heavy. Plus, if I got a 650, it'd be an L (to make conversion all that much easier), and those are supposed to be low on power compared to the R.

Shit guys.....I just need to ride a 450X soon, and that will have me pointed down that path, or another (DRZ, 650, 450R, etc...).

Thanks again for all the input.

- BigJason
Sponsored Links
Advertisement