What is it with douche bag Harley people? - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 56 (permalink) Old 10-17-2010, 06:05 PM Thread Starter
BP
Keep your unicorns

What is it with douche bag Harley people?

Most of them are pretty cool but today I was gassing up and there were two badasses (I could tell by the do rags and sunglasses, no helmet) at the station at the same time, neither of them even aknowledged I was there. Then some dickhead in a diesel Harley truck went out of his way to try and smoke cloud me 3 different times.

This is me riding a Buell btw, I guess they think it's Korean or something. My next bike most definitely will not be a Harley.

Buell 1125R
Raptor 700R
No fast cars though

Last edited by stephen4785; 11-16-2010 at 11:16 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 56 (permalink) Old 10-17-2010, 06:22 PM
Founding Member

I wave to every bike when I ride.

93 Teal/Gray Cobra
post #3 of 56 (permalink) Old 10-17-2010, 06:25 PM
Punk Ass Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by krazy kris View Post
all I can think of is the south park episode with the "HARLEY FAGS" lmmfao
They were making fun of the loud pipes which won't go away till fags in cars stop slaughtering mororcyclists. And few cruisers are ok with crotch rockets due to a bad experiance. I don't treat them like that as I won't let my bad experiance group them all together.

post #4 of 56 (permalink) Old 10-17-2010, 06:30 PM
Punk Ass Newbie

My was getting passed while in the middle of my lane doing 65 by one doing over a hundred used my lane to pass almost cliped my bars. His buddy was smart didn't do it I guess he knew better.
post #5 of 56 (permalink) Old 10-17-2010, 06:37 PM
Aspiring Bean Counter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armedtrigger01 View Post
My was getting passed while in the middle of my lane doing 65 by one doing over a hundred used my lane to pass almost cliped my bars. His buddy was smart didn't do it I guess he knew better.

post #6 of 56 (permalink) Old 10-17-2010, 06:49 PM
Time Served

I don't know what their deal is. I ride a sport bike and attempt to wave at the Harley ride as I pass in the opposite direction on hwy 80 and most of them just ignor me. O'well I still wave!
post #7 of 56 (permalink) Old 10-17-2010, 06:52 PM
Time Served

You arent shit if you don't ride a harley,or so they think. Screw performance,easy maintenance,etc. Harley Davidson is the only way to go. FTMFW.

This is a joke. I usually laugh at harley owners,the ones that dress in a biker costume on the weekend.
post #8 of 56 (permalink) Old 10-17-2010, 07:06 PM
mannish boy

I just think it's awesome that as soon as you get a Harley, you're instantly a bad ass and can wear gay shit like leather vests and do-rags that you wouldn't DARE wear otherwise...

the harley fags episode was fucking spot on BTW
post #9 of 56 (permalink) Old 10-17-2010, 08:33 PM Thread Starter
BP
Keep your unicorns

Quote:
Originally Posted by fordracing19 View Post
Obviously you aren't in the douchebag category of Harley owners.

Buell 1125R
Raptor 700R
No fast cars though
post #10 of 56 (permalink) Old 10-17-2010, 10:39 PM
Lifer

It's the dealers too. See my "new bike buying" thread recently.

post #11 of 56 (permalink) Old 10-17-2010, 11:20 PM
Time Served

It can't be thaaaaat bad lol.

post #12 of 56 (permalink) Old 10-18-2010, 07:23 AM
Time Served

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooter View Post
I just think it's awesome that as soon as you get a Harley, you're instantly a bad ass and can wear gay shit like leather vests and do-rags that you wouldn't DARE wear otherwise...

the harley fags episode was fucking spot on BTW
I feel exactly the same way!!! Take your old ass down to the HD dealership with your good credit score, sign your name and walk away an INSTANT BADASS!!!

Shitty thing is, after riding a newer HD for a few days in late August ('09 Road King, 750 miles in 2 days), I can actually say that the bikes have gotten a lot better and I would consider owning one. The very first thing I would do though is de-badge the thing of any HD logo possible, using a grinder where necessary.

I just can't relate to the whole brand image. But then again, I'm not in my mid-50's, my wife didn't just leave me, I don't have an identity crisis, I have no desire to wear chapps, I don't feel like I need to "belong" to some club (who's only requirement for entry is a decent credit score), etc... And I still like to ride some wheelies in traffic here and there.

But the bikes themselves are well built and do hold their value well, so there is a strong argument to buy one. If most of the owners weren't complete douchebags, I'd probably have one already.

- BigJason
post #13 of 56 (permalink) Old 10-18-2010, 07:39 AM
Time Served

It's not all Harley owners...I have been riding Harleys for almost 10 years and I wave to all my fellow bikers. I have owned Hondas, Kawis, and Suzukis too and I have had my fair share of snubs from Harley riders when I was on the other bikes. I just blow it off figuring they are just ignorant elitists. I can't care less whether I get a wave back.

'04 Beige on Black 40th Anniversary GT, O/R-H, LTs, MagnaFlow Catback, JLT RAI, Xcal II, 75mm TB/upper, Comp Cam EE Stage 3s, 3.73s, CHE LCA/UCAs, & MGW Shorty. 298hp/304tq
post #14 of 56 (permalink) Old 10-18-2010, 07:59 AM Thread Starter
BP
Keep your unicorns

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonRR View Post
I feel exactly the same way!!! Take your old ass down to the HD dealership with your good credit score, sign your name and walk away an INSTANT BADASS!!!
Doesn't have to be that good. HD credit is very easy to get financed with, which is part of the reason they are still around. If your score is over 550 and you have disposable income they are just as likely to sell you a bike as Kia is a car.

Buell 1125R
Raptor 700R
No fast cars though
post #15 of 56 (permalink) Old 10-18-2010, 08:04 AM
#1 Howard Stern fan

I had a Harley fag give me and ugly look when I passed him on my home yesterday, he was riding the line and wouldn't move over and I guess I nearly grazed him with the trailer......lol.....get over dumbass..
post #16 of 56 (permalink) Old 10-18-2010, 11:55 AM
Punk Ass Newbie

I own a Buell also and I've never had an issue with other harley riders. Mines pretty loud also though so they know whats up, but you can run into dew rag douchebags riding any type of bike so I would'nt just blame it on harley owners alone.
post #17 of 56 (permalink) Old 10-18-2010, 12:56 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010mustang View Post
I own a Buell also and I've never had an issue with other harley riders. Mines pretty loud also though so they know whats up, but you can run into dew rag douchebags riding any type of bike so I would'nt just blame it on harley owners alone.
A large percentage of Harley owners are fuckstains who buy the bike for the instant status. They act like you would expect people like that to act.

post #18 of 56 (permalink) Old 10-18-2010, 01:00 PM
Punk Ass Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThreeFingerPete View Post
A large percentage of Harley owners are fuckstains who buy the bike for the instant status. They act like you would expect people like that to act.
What areas do you guys ride in that you run into this many d-bags?
post #19 of 56 (permalink) Old 10-18-2010, 01:02 PM
Punk Ass Newbie

Now if you consider guys that don't wave back d-bags then yeah I have ran into a few of those but the guy in the harley truck was being a fucking child about it. He probably doesnt even own a Harley.
post #20 of 56 (permalink) Old 10-18-2010, 01:14 PM
Lifer

There's tons of doctor's, attorney's, and other proffessional's that ride Harley's as "weekend warrior's". Look for the signature Harley T-shirt, bandana, $800 leather jacket, or other high-dollar paraphenalia.

CHL holder and Conservative...AKA "Domestic Terrorist"
post #21 of 56 (permalink) Old 10-18-2010, 01:20 PM
Punk Ass Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vertnut View Post
There's tons of doctor's, attorney's, and other proffessional's that ride Harley's as "weekend warrior's". Look for the signature Harley T-shirt, bandana, $800 leather jacket, or other high-dollar paraphenalia.
Yeah I agree about these. I also see honda owners riding with a harley shirt and bandana on also lol on the weekends with there 20 year old tats on there girly pasty arms cause sleevless is cool on them. Not just on hondas though. The guys that have respect on the road are the ones that do acknowledge your presence and dont try to swerve at you or blow by.
post #22 of 56 (permalink) Old 10-18-2010, 01:27 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010mustang View Post
What areas do you guys ride in that you run into this many d-bags?
All over the country. This is not an isolated event.

post #23 of 56 (permalink) Old 10-18-2010, 04:48 PM
OC
Lifer

Quote:

Why do you have to call me out and btw the jacket was $1200.....you didn't see the harley logo on it?
post #24 of 56 (permalink) Old 10-18-2010, 04:56 PM
Factory Issue

Men don't change, they unmask themselves, or so the saying goes. If someone buys a Harley and turns into a cock-meat sandwich, he was a cock-meat sandwich to begin with, he's just a big pansy at heart, and needs validation for a life he finds otherwise unfulfilling. I honestly don't know how people like that can live with themselves.

Give me a dollar.
post #25 of 56 (permalink) Old 10-18-2010, 05:10 PM
Punk Ass Newbie

What I don't understand is why spend so much on a bike I can get a lot more bike for the money with star or one of the other jap bikes and mine rides better then a Harley and looks just as good IMHO
post #26 of 56 (permalink) Old 10-18-2010, 05:11 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by OC View Post
Why do you have to call me out and btw the jacket was $1200.....you didn't see the harley logo on it?
LOL! Typical DFWstangs Baller!

post #27 of 56 (permalink) Old 10-18-2010, 05:12 PM
Lifer

Quote:
What I don't understand is why spend so much on a bike I can get a lot more bike for the money with star or one of the other jap bikes and mine rides better then a Harley and looks just as good IMHO
For some, it's just a status thing.

post #28 of 56 (permalink) Old 10-18-2010, 05:19 PM
Punk Ass Newbie

Ya someone even made the comment today "I know it's not a Harley but dahm it's close. Who else has air cooled?" I had to tell him it was a debadged yamaha star. Told him what I paid for it and his jaw dropped. Said he wished he would have looked around before he spent 17k on his Harley.
post #29 of 56 (permalink) Old 10-18-2010, 05:24 PM
duh...duh....duh

Yeah there is something about an HD but there are other great bikes out there these days for sure.

My '03 Sold.
post #30 of 56 (permalink) Old 10-18-2010, 05:25 PM
Banned

guy buzzed me like a badass on 35 today, so i passed him back up with my legs stuck out straight. he didnt like that, hah.
post #31 of 56 (permalink) Old 10-18-2010, 06:43 PM
Notorious PIG

Haterzzzz....

Whos your Daddy
post #32 of 56 (permalink) Old 10-18-2010, 07:22 PM
mannish boy

if you like it, enjoy!

I just don't think I could ever own one lest I get lumped in with the HD (Harley Douche) crowd
post #33 of 56 (permalink) Old 10-18-2010, 07:23 PM Thread Starter
BP
Keep your unicorns

My next bike will have a union jack on it.

Buell 1125R
Raptor 700R
No fast cars though
post #34 of 56 (permalink) Old 10-18-2010, 07:49 PM
Lifer

I dont care what you ride..... I will wave back. I just never wave first.

I work with an engineer that is the true definition of a weekend warrior. He rides his HD on weekends with his HD boots, HD jeans, HD tshirt and HD gloves. LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by mutherjuggz View Post
That whole "making love" shit is for the birds. I won't get all graphic on my preferences, but if you can't knock the bottom out with a vengeance.... leave me alone
post #35 of 56 (permalink) Old 10-18-2010, 07:56 PM
mannish boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by BP View Post
My next bike will have a union jack on it.
and you'll have something unique and save tons of money... sounds like fun!
post #36 of 56 (permalink) Old 10-18-2010, 08:11 PM
OC
Lifer

Quote:
LOL! Typical DFWstangs Baller!

You know me, just ride it to bike night too!
post #37 of 56 (permalink) Old 10-18-2010, 08:25 PM
Resident Pinstriper

I always waved at everyone when I rode.

I also always got a kick out of the guys that thought they were too cool with their HD leather head bands, HD leather underwear, HD leather socks, HD leather chaps, etc.

I sure do miss it.

-Aaron

post #38 of 56 (permalink) Old 10-18-2010, 08:55 PM
mannish boy

see, I dig that... I dig a LOT of harleys... same way I feel about mustangs... I just can't own one
post #39 of 56 (permalink) Old 10-18-2010, 09:26 PM
still here

I had a harley. I also have always wore full gear, mostly from Icon.

and my bike had fairly easy maintenance and fairly bad ass performance (VRSCDX). Never had an oil leak or ANY problems. I think most people that think these things have just had it burned into their heads (that harley is crap) and never actually owned the damn things or been associated with someone that did. I've had Yamaha, Honda, Suzuki, Kawasaki, and Harley. I prefer my V-rod overall and plan on getting another. the v-rod got more looks than any other bike around as well.

'08 CSRT-4
'06 Yamaha FZ1
post #40 of 56 (permalink) Old 10-18-2010, 09:37 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 89stangGT View Post
but the zuk is way more slicker
post #41 of 56 (permalink) Old 10-18-2010, 09:59 PM
Resident Pinstriper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooter View Post
see, I dig that... I dig a LOT of harleys... same way I feel about mustangs... I just can't own one
Thanks. Between the car wreck back in May and losing my job shortly after in June, I had to get rid of it to keep paying bills, and keep feeding the family. I'll get another one and make it my own. That's what kinda aggravates me about all the "cool guys" that go out and buy their shit and drive it off the show room floor and think they're entitled to a "Mr. Bad Ass" patch. Even though they probably wouldn't even know how to change the fucking oil on the damn thing.

Quote:
I had a harley. I also have always wore full gear, mostly from Icon.

and my bike had fairly easy maintenance and fairly bad ass performance (VRSCDX). Never had an oil leak or ANY problems. I think most people that think these things have just had it burned into their heads (that harley is crap) and never actually owned the damn things or been associated with someone that did. I've had Yamaha, Honda, Suzuki, Kawasaki, and Harley. I prefer my V-rod overall and plan on getting another. the v-rod got more looks than any other bike around as well.
Exactly. My bike NEVER leaked oil, ran like a scalded ape, and even if it had been sitting for a month without being started, I could go out, twist the throttle twice and it would bust right off. Of course, the S&S carb and better electronics helped, but that's beside the point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsrtuckteezy View Post
but the zuk is way more slicker
In this case, I have to agree because I have never liked the V-Rods, since they came out. The styling is just too futuristic looking for my tastes. Not saying anything bad about the bikes, just that I'm more partial to something like my old Fat Boy that the new V-Rod.

-Aaron

post #42 of 56 (permalink) Old 10-18-2010, 10:14 PM
Time Served

Harley Vrods are nice as hell!

post #43 of 56 (permalink) Old 10-18-2010, 10:21 PM
still here

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRASH View Post
just that I'm more partial to something like my old Fat Boy that the new V-Rod.

-Aaron

I'd get a new Fat Boy Low over a vrod any day now. Love those things. Not really digging the new white they have on them for '11 , though.

'08 CSRT-4
'06 Yamaha FZ1
post #44 of 56 (permalink) Old 10-18-2010, 10:37 PM
Num say'n? (tm)

Don't get me started on the "new" Harley crowd - you know, the ones decked out head-to-toe in brand new perfectly fitted HD branded clothing from head to foot. They don't wave because they're better than you, so suck it!

I sold my last hog in the late 80's, just about the time the Motor Company decided it loved yuppies and turned its back on the people who made it great. I don't intend to own another.

DFWMustangs.net
post #45 of 56 (permalink) Old 10-19-2010, 08:00 AM
Notorious PIG

Mine is a 96 and purrs like a kitten. No mods completly stock other then soloing it out and better grips. I love having tunes when I ride and my glide is like riding an oversized moped. The only thing I own that says Harley is a giant mug my wife bought me. I will own another VRod though eventually. I liked that bike alot and would love to get me another and turbo it or buy one already done since the market is so bad right now. I wave at anyone on bike that wants to wave. However I do not take offense if people dont wave. I will say this though most die hard Harley guys hate the VRod and everything about it. Anything water cooled is the enemy. LOL

Whos your Daddy
post #46 of 56 (permalink) Old 10-20-2010, 12:06 AM
OLD SCHOOL crew

I lived in a city outside San Antonio that was really big with the "weekend" Harley crowd. I realize every type of bike has their share of worthless cum-guzzling poseurs, but the well-off professional/weekend Harley biker is a faggot douche canoe nine times out of ten.

Buy my 98 Civic 5spd - New A/C $2250 over 40mpg on the [email protected]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean88gt
I want to live as an outlaw, or what used to be called a Free American.
Quote:
Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone. The people themselves, therefore, are its only safe depositories. And to render even them safe, their minds must be improved to a certain degree." --Thomas Jefferson
post #47 of 56 (permalink) Old 10-20-2010, 04:40 AM
Banned

Quote:
x2 and its usually the harley riders that dont wave back. i figure they are usually old men and just dont see well.
post #48 of 56 (permalink) Old 10-20-2010, 02:27 PM
que?

Quote:
same here. i don't care what ya ride, as long as you are on two wheels then it's cool... except scooters, i just can't bring myself to wave at them . except people that ride honda ruckus's(sp), those things look cool as hell IMO

i own 4 things with HD on it: a tee shirt that was free when i bought the bike, don't ever wear it. a black cotton balaclava that works great and was only $20, wear it when it's really cold. a dark grey tee shirt that was bought by some chick(she also bought the long sleeve) i was dating/talking to, i wear it cause it has some wrenches and a skull on it and you can barely read the "HD" on it. a long sleeve dark grey shirt that looks similar to the dark grey tee, wear it when it's somewhat cool out

i agree that the guys that don't wave to a motorcycle cause it is different are d-bags, same goes for the guys that buy/wear HD clothes from head to toe and only ride on the weekend
post #49 of 56 (permalink) Old 10-20-2010, 03:40 PM
T-MINUS

Quote:
They were making fun of the loud pipes which won't go away till fags in cars stop slaughtering mororcyclists. And few cruisers are ok with crotch rockets due to a bad experiance. I don't treat them like that as I won't let my bad experiance group them all together.
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Ya someone even made the comment today "I know it's not a Harley but dahm it's close. Who else has air cooled?" I had to tell him it was a debadged yamaha star. Told him what I paid for it and his jaw dropped. Said he wished he would have looked around before he spent 17k on his Harley.
Holy shitballs! Those 4 post made my day and I don't even have a fucking clue what was said.

1/19/09, the last day of Free America.
Pericles "Freedom is the sure possession of those alone who have the courage to defend it. "

"[T]he people alone have an incontestable, unalienable, and indefeasible right to institute government and to reform, alter, or totally change the same when their protection, safety, prosperity, and happiness require it." --Samuel Adams

post #50 of 56 (permalink) Old 10-25-2010, 07:51 AM
Lifer

Quote:
I had a harley.
A VROD isn't a harley to a lot of the harley douche's. I had an'03 anniversary and an 05 sc, and I agree they run and ride great, except for the wind buffering issues and poor turning. That little water cooled porsche engine is much better than standard hd stuff. But I caught hell from a few harley dicks about them.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement