dad was in bad wreck on 9/6 - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-05-2010, 08:09 AM Thread Starter
needaho

dad was in bad wreck on 9/6

My dad was riding his night train labor day around 9pm after he left my house and was involved in a pretty bad wreck here in keller. A guy failed to yield right of way on a left turn and my dad T-boned him.

I showed up at JPS trauma center I have to say the worst night of my life seeing 10 doctors/nurses working on him and the chaplain was there to talk to me.

Looks like he is going to make it, was in an induced sleep state for about 3 weeks during his surgeries.

11 of 12 broken ribs
both broken forearms bones came through the skin/one wrist
broken shoulder
both femurs
one hip socket destroyed and top of femur pushed through socket
broken upper jaw and forehead and eye sockets
luckily no bad internal bleeding but his lungs were pretty bad/bleeding

he was wearing a helmet which saved his life but we still dont know quite how "there" he will be with his mouth wired shut at the moment.

Wear your gear! I always do and always have.

88 gt (waiting to be built when I get my mid-life crisis)
2002 honda civic SI looks ricer without the damn pipe!

Last edited by stephen4785; 11-16-2010 at 11:19 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-05-2010, 08:14 AM
T-MINUS

Damn man sorry to hear that.

1/19/09, the last day of Free America.
Pericles "Freedom is the sure possession of those alone who have the courage to defend it. "

"[T]he people alone have an incontestable, unalienable, and indefeasible right to institute government and to reform, alter, or totally change the same when their protection, safety, prosperity, and happiness require it." --Samuel Adams

post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-05-2010, 08:22 AM Thread Starter
needaho

yeah its pretty hard for me because he lives a few miles away and is my riding buddy and best friend. Along with it I am handling all his bills and its difficult I see why someone would go bankrupt and lose everything while they sit in a hospital bed.

Credit card companies are absolutely no help I asked for a little relief from his two CC (waiting on SS disability checks) and they said no and chase bank because I called and explained the situation lowered his limit from 35K to 4K. Definitely learned some lessons.

post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-05-2010, 09:42 AM
Lifer

I just hope they can manage his pain while he recuperates.

Best of luck..
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-05-2010, 09:55 AM
DFWS

sorry to hear! prayers sent to yall!

Keepin' The Old School Alive
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-05-2010, 10:08 AM
T-MINUS

Quote:
Originally Posted by beefed88 View Post
yeah its pretty hard for me because he lives a few miles away and is my riding buddy and best friend. Along with it I am handling all his bills and its difficult I see why someone would go bankrupt and lose everything while they sit in a hospital bed.

Credit card companies are absolutely no help I asked for a little relief from his two CC (waiting on SS disability checks) and they said no and chase bank because I called and explained the situation lowered his limit from 35K to 4K. Definitely learned some lessons.
Credit card companies are shit. They refuse to work with people until they default, then sick the hounds of hell on them to collect.

1/19/09, the last day of Free America.
Pericles "Freedom is the sure possession of those alone who have the courage to defend it. "

"[T]he people alone have an incontestable, unalienable, and indefeasible right to institute government and to reform, alter, or totally change the same when their protection, safety, prosperity, and happiness require it." --Samuel Adams

post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-18-2010, 08:34 PM
Resident Pinstriper

Holy shit man, I'm sorry to hear this ! I don't know you, but I definitely know your situation as far as your close relationship. My dad is my best friend, and if something like this were to happen I would be frantic and out of it.

Any updates on how he is doing ?

-Aaron

post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-03-2010, 07:31 PM
Punk Ass Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRASH View Post
Holy shit man, I'm sorry to hear this ! I don't know you, but I definitely know your situation as far as your close relationship. My dad is my best friend, and if something like this were to happen I would be frantic and out of it.

Any updates on how he is doing ?

-Aaron
Same here...my prayers are with you and your dad, not to mention the rest of your family. Jon

06 Evo MR *toy*
89 LX 5.0 *toy*
2010 Kia Soul *wifes car*
00 GS400 *daily driver/toy...*
03 BMW 745iL *daily driver/toy*
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-03-2010, 07:34 PM
Ted
Opulance. I has it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by beefed88 View Post
My dad was riding his night train labor day around 9pm after he left my house and was involved in a pretty bad wreck here in keller. A guy failed to yield right of way on a left turn and my dad T-boned him.

I showed up at JPS trauma center I have to say the worst night of my life seeing 10 doctors/nurses working on him and the chaplain was there to talk to me.

Looks like he is going to make it, was in an induced sleep state for about 3 weeks during his surgeries.

11 of 12 broken ribs
both broken forearms bones came through the skin/one wrist
broken shoulder
both femurs
one hip socket destroyed and top of femur pushed through socket
broken upper jaw and forehead and eye sockets
luckily no bad internal bleeding but his lungs were pretty bad/bleeding

he was wearing a helmet which saved his life but we still dont know quite how "there" he will be with his mouth wired shut at the moment.

Wear your gear! I always do and always have.

Any updates on your dad?
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-03-2010, 09:41 PM
que?

it is always hard to read/hear about fellow riders going down...

hope your dad makes it out okay
post #11 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-03-2010, 09:47 PM Thread Starter
needaho

still cant talk write or really communicate, getting a direct feeding tube today into his stomach. Still in ICU, but i feel horrible i havent been able to see him in over a week because of a cold and Im the only one that visits him. He is going to make it but I don't have a lot of confidence that he will ever be able to do things on his own

post #12 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-03-2010, 10:04 PM
Ted
Opulance. I has it.

Keep your head up man. My friend's wife got t boned right behind her door by a speeding drunk driver 2 weeks after their wedding. The doctors told him to prepare for her to never function more than about a 7 year old for the remainder of her life. 3 years later and she is almost 100 % for the last year and a half. It was a long road for her but she didn't quit and no one around her gave up.
post #13 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-03-2010, 10:17 PM
Time Served

Damn man, I'm so sorry...I hope that bastard that didn't yield frys in hell! God bless!

R.I.P.
post #14 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-04-2010, 07:29 AM
Time Served

Wow that's quite an injury list!! Prayers out for you and your dad man. Wish you both the best.

"What we need are critical lovers of America - patriots who express their faith in their country by working to improve it." - Hubert H. Humphrey
Sponsored Links
Advertisement