did he die.... - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 526 (permalink) Old 06-11-2010, 06:40 PM Thread Starter
Retired Gun

did he die....

Some beaner in a mustang blasted a guy on a bike @ legacy and 75 earlier....knocked him out of his shoes. The car and bike were stuck together and were 60 yards away from where the body was at rest before ambulance came and got him.

Last edited by ToRqUeTwIsTeR; 06-12-2010 at 08:51 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 526 (permalink) Old 06-11-2010, 09:15 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToRqUeTwIsTeR View Post
...beaner in a mustang...
Describes half this site...
post #3 of 526 (permalink) Old 06-11-2010, 10:46 PM
WTF is Zed?

Damn, I hate hearing these stories. Isn't that the same area the lady stepped out in front of the semi last week?

post #4 of 526 (permalink) Old 06-11-2010, 11:05 PM Thread Starter
Retired Gun

Didnt hear about the lady and Semi accident. It appeared that the guy on the bike was trying to avoid traffic and cut through the barricades to get into the HOV lane....I guess Jose was coming a lot faster then the biker thought. It was a no win....mustang only had 1 person in the vehicle in the HOV....and the biker crossed double line and weaved barricades.
post #5 of 526 (permalink) Old 06-12-2010, 01:00 AM
Lifer

Damn that must have sucked for the guy in the Mustang.

FUCK Canada
post #6 of 526 (permalink) Old 06-12-2010, 08:53 AM
Time Served

Yeah, no shit....that would suck to just be crusing in the HOV lane at 60mph next to stopped traffic and have someone pull right out in front of you with nowhere to go. That dude would be very lucky to survive a hit like that. That's A LOT of acceleration G's, to go from a rest to probably 50mph or so instantly....can do a lot of damage. No Bueno.
post #7 of 526 (permalink) Old 06-12-2010, 09:48 AM
WTF is Zed?

Quote:
Didnt hear about the lady and Semi accident.
https://www.dfwstangs.net/forums/showthread.php?t=416930

I guess it was Spring Creek and 75, so one exit south.
post #8 of 526 (permalink) Old 06-15-2010, 10:14 AM
Punk Ass Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by davbrucas View Post
Describes half this site...
Haha so true
post #9 of 526 (permalink) Old 06-16-2010, 03:21 PM
Time Served

Don't Get IN MY LANE!!!!!!!

Sorry to rant. Today I was cruising into work taking it ez on my R6. I was on 183 headed East. Well traffic was moderate but flowing and I was doing about 65. Well I was on the right side of my lane and started to drift into left side to get out of someone's blindside and some fucking squid was riding up on me fast into my lane. I just caught a glimpse of him in my mirror as he pulled up next to me. Had I more aggressively took the left lane we would both be splattered all over 183 right now. To irritate me more this mother spank was wearing joe boxer shorts inside out, nike's, and a tank top. And to top it off he had the same year model bike. He then proceeds to dart in and out of traffic, damn near rear ending a couple of people as things became heavier. I believe if a bike occupies a lane the right and left side are yours unless you planned to ride with buddies. If I don't know you and you are coming up behind me, pass me in a different lane! Maybe I'm just old.
post #10 of 526 (permalink) Old 06-16-2010, 03:37 PM
Banned

I prefer not to ride doubled up in the lane. I don't want to be taken out and i don't want to take a buddy out. chillin at a light is cool though
post #11 of 526 (permalink) Old 06-16-2010, 03:39 PM
duh...duh....duh

Saw a guy yesterday doing about 90 for awhile on the slow side shoulder. That pissed me off, I don't often check the shoulder and could swipe that person if trying to get out of the way or exiting...yes, he crossed over the ramp from one shoulder to another where I saw.

My '03 Sold.
post #12 of 526 (permalink) Old 06-17-2010, 12:10 AM
Moved to dfw mustangs.net

I dont mind sharing a lane with a buddy, but if i don't know you and you get all up in my shit we're gonna have a problem.

I keep seeing some dbag in shorts, a tank top, and sandals on his gsxr riding on rufe snow... lol i wonder if he even knows.
post #13 of 526 (permalink) Old 06-17-2010, 09:41 AM
Time Served

A friend and I were discussing the "getting knocked out of their shoes" thing one day, we both ride. We came to the conclusion that most of those people are probably like me, my tennis shoes are all tied so I can just slip them on and off. They are snug enough to not just fall off, but any kind of friction will pull them off pretty easy. just my 2 cents today.

98GT Built 4 valve w/ navigator heads & 01 Cobra Intake, F1A, ETS intercooler, 4R70W w\ PI Converter & Baummanator, 655 rwhp 534 torque

82 Regal 3.8 cam, headers, intake, carb, Roller Rockers,6al, 125 hp nitrous, 2004r, 4.11's, auburn, Metallic Grey, lowered, 17" Hotwheels 68's New 3.8 motor in the works, 10:1 Ross Pistons, Turbo crank, ported heads w/ Big valves, Custom roller cam from ShaunT, RJC Girdle, 250 hp Nitrous.

www.rusertmachine.com 432 684-7644
post #14 of 526 (permalink) Old 06-17-2010, 10:46 AM
Time Served

they say when the shoes fly off that is sole leaving the body.
post #15 of 526 (permalink) Old 06-17-2010, 11:29 AM
Time Served

Quote:
Originally Posted by jammeejamm View Post
they say when the shoes fly off that is sole leaving the body.

Yes indeed. It is the sole leaving the body of the shoe.
post #16 of 526 (permalink) Old 06-17-2010, 11:29 AM
I got your Jihad!!

Quote:
I guess Jose was coming a lot faster then the biker thought.
Why does it have to be Jose? Why not Pepe?

2004 Dodge Ram SRT10 RC
2005 Big Dog Chopper 117ci
post #17 of 526 (permalink) Old 06-17-2010, 11:58 AM
Pushed to the limit

Quote:
Originally Posted by gnturboray View Post
Why does it have to be Jose? Why not Pepe?
Why does it have to be a beaner? Why not a garbanzo beaner?

Buying dogs kills.
post #18 of 526 (permalink) Old 06-17-2010, 02:07 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Didnt hear about the lady and Semi accident. It appeared that the guy on the bike was trying to avoid traffic and cut through the barricades to get into the HOV lane....I guess Jose was coming a lot faster then the biker thought. It was a no win....mustang only had 1 person in the vehicle in the HOV....and the biker crossed double line and weaved barricades.
The only ticket I can see the Mustang driver getting is the HOV violation.
post #19 of 526 (permalink) Old 06-19-2010, 03:55 PM
Lifer

Who is this? Don't you guys know stunting on public roads is illegal?

Fess up, I know this guy is on the board. This must be Grove Rat, he's not wearing a helmet!

Fast Forward to 24 seconds.

post #20 of 526 (permalink) Old 06-19-2010, 05:51 PM
Time Served

Fail

1991 5.0 - Heads, Cam, Intake, Nitrous, Exhaust.

2004 Cobra - 750 rwhp

FOR SALE!! - Kenne Bell 2.2L with Accufab Throttle Body and BBK Hi-Boost Intake.

:http://www.youtube.com/user/2k4terminator
post #21 of 526 (permalink) Old 06-19-2010, 06:18 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2K*Terminator*04 View Post
Fail
Damn, now I won't be able to sleep tonight.... *sigh*
post #22 of 526 (permalink) Old 06-19-2010, 07:54 PM
Ide fuck her in the ass..

Just traded my raptor for a yzf 600...

didnt get to ride the raptor like i wanted to, got offered a bike and figured why the hell not... bike runs really good for me being 240lbs and it only being a 600... but the previous owner rhino lined the whole bike and i think its painfully ugly, my question is... can i somehow sand the fairings down and paint them until i can buy new ones... or is there a cheap place where i can buy the complete set of fairings, its a 2000 yzf600... thanks guys...

WTB: At&T phone... pm me what ya got...

Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote
post #23 of 526 (permalink) Old 06-19-2010, 08:03 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da Prez View Post
didnt get to ride the raptor like i wanted to, got offered a bike and figured why the hell not... bike runs really good for me being 240lbs and it only being a 600... but the previous owner rhino lined the whole bike and i think its painfully ugly, my question is... can i somehow sand the fairings down and paint them until i can buy new ones... or is there a cheap place where i can buy the complete set of fairings, its a 2000 yzf600... thanks guys...
i dont know about the yzf600, but check ebay. there are some really cheap chinese knock offs on there. fitment may be an issue i have heard, but they are cheap!
post #24 of 526 (permalink) Old 06-19-2010, 08:04 PM
None

Love those bikes. For fairings, check out air tech. Unpainted so you can put your own style on it.

http://www.airtech-streamlining.com/...0R62006-07.htm

Rhino - dunno bout that.
post #25 of 526 (permalink) Old 06-19-2010, 08:11 PM
Ide fuck her in the ass..

thanks guys... i will check both places out...

yea the rhino is horrible, but i figure its just cosmetic so it can be fixed...

WTB: At&T phone... pm me what ya got...

Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote
post #26 of 526 (permalink) Old 06-19-2010, 08:17 PM
DFWS

repost

Keepin' The Old School Alive
post #27 of 526 (permalink) Old 06-19-2010, 08:18 PM
Lifer

ha thats awesome!

97'chevy S-10 bagged and shaved. LSX/T-56 swap in the works
post #28 of 526 (permalink) Old 06-19-2010, 11:27 PM
Hired Hand

How expensive is track riding?

I've come to a point in life that I have NO desire to ride CA freeways on 2-wheels unless I have to, even on Sundays. These drivers out here are FUCKING CRAZY. I got the bimmer to help me relax, and not shoot someone (it's not working). That said, I do love riding, and would actually like to experience what it's like to burn up the chicken strips, and use my bike to a higher plane than what's available on the street. Laguna isn't THAT far from me, and there are a couple lesser courses nearerby, which makes me pose the question: What does it cost to have a track only bike? Like golf, there are the obvious up-front costs such as clubs/fairings, golf shoes/tires, obnoxios clothes/leathers, balls/brakepads. There are also the event-specific costs like the range fees/ track fees, and incidentals to get there.

Those of you that do, or have regularly done track days, what kind of cost was incurred per year, and how often where you at the track?

Raven 2006 Yamaha R6S

"If it has horsepower or tits you're gonna have trouble with it eventually..."
post #29 of 526 (permalink) Old 06-19-2010, 11:46 PM

I paid somewhere around $170 for a full trackday entrance fee. I got lucky and got a bunch of parts and gear lent to me, but from looking around online a good set of leathers will set you back 750-1000. For the bike at a minimum i'd say fairings (ebay set for $500-700), stainless lines and new pads (2-250?) and a set of good sticky tires (350ish mounted). Then you need boots, gloves, spine protector, safety wire the bike, tape, sprockets/chain, etc.
Shit aint cheap..at all. I got rid of my streetbike yesterday, and am thinking hard about selling all the stunt parts on my 636 and making it a dedicated track bike.

Also if you don't have health insurance, most events will require you pick up a 1-month policy that is current during the event. That was the case for me at least.
post #30 of 526 (permalink) Old 06-19-2010, 11:59 PM
Lifer

Dont you have some tickets to write or something?

FUCK Canada
post #31 of 526 (permalink) Old 06-20-2010, 12:12 AM
Hired Hand

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowthreeohz View Post
I paid somewhere around $170 for a full trackday entrance fee. I got lucky and got a bunch of parts and gear lent to me, but from looking around online a good set of leathers will set you back 750-1000. For the bike at a minimum i'd say fairings (ebay set for $500-700), stainless lines and new pads (2-250?) and a set of good sticky tires (350ish mounted). Then you need boots, gloves, spine protector, safety wire the bike, tape, sprockets/chain, etc.
Shit aint cheap..at all. I got rid of my streetbike yesterday, and am thinking hard about selling all the stunt parts on my 636 and making it a dedicated track bike.

Also if you don't have health insurance, most events will require you pick up a 1-month policy that is current during the event. That was the case for me at least.
Sounds like I'll soon be getting better at golf. lol

What sucks is I could sell the truck to subsidize all those up-front incidentals now, but then I've got no tow vehicle. What's crazy is that I really do enjoy golf, but I can justify a grand on leathers a helluva lot quicker than spending it on a new set of clubs. A bad day at the track would be exhilerating, a bad day at the golf course is damn frustrating.

I'm sure it would vary, but what is your experience with the minimum requirements?

For example just to get started, what if I tape the bike (lenses and what not), it's already 1 down up-front and 2 up out-back on the sprocket (I see myself on an R1 soon if I do this), wear a mesh jacket (it has a spine protector), jeans with knee-down protection, and ankle high "street" boots. Would I at least be able to get on the track to run a few slow laps?

From what I've heard, the "racers" are intolerant, but fuck, I've got to start somewhere. I don't wanna spen 5g's on fairngs and gear to find out that my forearms/lowerback won't handle my weight, or that I plain suck enough that it's not fun. I absolutely don't wanna go "cheap" in this, and have no problem investing in a hobby that I enjoy (looks at the assload I wasted on that Mustang), but I'd like to have a taste first. I have not and will not push that hard on the street, I like my limbs and skin to be in tact (learned the hard way).

Raven 2006 Yamaha R6S

post #32 of 526 (permalink) Old 06-20-2010, 12:22 AM

It may be different there, but they didn't let anyone ride that wasn't in leather on the track i raced. I wouldn't worry about fairings on your first outing, you probably wont be pushing yourself too terribly hard on the first day. And if you have to, claim it on insurance, as it's not a race event but a riding instruction course.

I highly suggest getting with RideSmart or, hell.. there's another company out by you that does a lot in the CA/NV region but i've forgotten their name. Trackdays aren't races, and the crowd is much more chill versus the gung-ho racing-for-points guys.

The 'real' racers can be pompous, but it's no different than many other sports.. the best at it think they're the shit. Just don't be a douche nozzle and take someone out, and you should be fine.

and a bad day at the track is worse than ANY day you could have on a golf course, short of being struck by lightning. the market out by you is good for racers, hop on CL and find some boots and gauntlet gloves. If you have pilot powers on the bike, they'll work pretty good for a first time, just warm them up a few laps before pushing 'em. then all you really need is some leathers, and i bet you can find a deal on some too. find your boot and glove size @ cycle gear and buy it online for cheap.
post #33 of 526 (permalink) Old 06-20-2010, 12:22 AM
Lifer

A bad day on a golf course costs you green fees plus balls. A bad day at the track costs you a motorcycle and possibly your health.

post #34 of 526 (permalink) Old 06-20-2010, 12:46 AM
Hired Hand

I was speaking metaphorically/emotionally as far of the comparison. Life is about risk/reward, which is why hitting 80 at Torrey Pines is no where near as appealing as putting down a new best at the local track on two wheels. The racetrack is quite a bit safer than the beautiful hills of Southern California though. At least at the track I have someone to see me and care enough call an ambulance.

If I don't find something exciting to get into out here as a hobby, I am gonna go nuts. Work is cool but slow, and the volunteer stuff is fulfilling and all, but my adrenal glands are suffering.

Raven 2006 Yamaha R6S

post #35 of 526 (permalink) Old 06-20-2010, 01:44 AM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Raven View Post
I was speaking metaphorically/emotionally as far of the comparison. Life is about risk/reward, which is why hitting 80 at Torrey Pines is no where near as appealing as putting down a new best at the local track on two wheels. The racetrack is quite a bit safer than the beautiful hills of Southern California though. At least at the track I have someone to see me and care enough call an ambulance.

If I don't find something exciting to get into out here as a hobby, I am gonna go nuts. Work is cool but slow, and the volunteer stuff is fulfilling and all, but my adrenal glands are suffering.
Start boxing. It's good for you.

post #36 of 526 (permalink) Old 06-20-2010, 02:04 AM
Hired Hand

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThreeFingerPete View Post
Start boxing. It's good for you.
I'm too pretty.

Raven 2006 Yamaha R6S

post #37 of 526 (permalink) Old 06-20-2010, 02:33 AM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Raven View Post
I'm too pretty.
Go to the optometrist.

post #38 of 526 (permalink) Old 06-20-2010, 08:46 AM
Time Served

I've done about a dozen track days when I lived up in Ohio and really did enjoy it.

If I were in your shoes, I would definitely sell your current street ride and find a racer that is upgrading and selling his old ride. Race bikes typically aren't zip-tied together like stunt bikes, and while they've been ridden hard, they're usually well taken care of.

I would LOVE to get an SV650S for my first "track-only" bike, and there were a million of them out on the track the last time I was out there. Lots of them with newer GSXR front ends and radial brakes. You should be able to get one, all track-ready, for under $3k. Parts used to be readily available, and pretty reasonable. The V-Twin power isn't overwhelming, but it's got a great linear power delivery that won't surprise you mid-corner, and decent engine braking that will help you as you learn hard braking.

I've been riding liter bikes on the streets for the past 11yrs, and there is absolutely no way I'd get an R1 for my track bike. WAY too much power to learn with. You'll find yourself carrying too much speed into corners and focusing on scrubbing that off instead of your turn-in points...at least I would.

And there's always someone new getting into racing that you can sell the SV to if you want to upgrade later.

I used to ride my girlfriends stock SV650S, and I weighed probably 250lbs then. Like I said, the power wasn't overwhelming, but with the V-Twin torque, it pulled outta corners smoothly from lower rpms and would clutch up 2nd gear wheelies, no problem.

Good luck man.

- BigJason
post #39 of 526 (permalink) Old 06-20-2010, 09:32 AM
Time Served

if you're serious about it get a bike already setup. it'll save you a ton of money vs converting a street bike and you'll probably get a bunch of extra parts to go with it.

-race tires will eat you alive. i'd factor in a rear every day, and a front every 2 or so. depends on the bike/track/rider, and you can ride on them longer, but you're asking for trouble trying to stretch things out too far.

-entry fees are usually $100-$200 a day

-gear. you can get a nice, thick name brand suit used for a few hundred. good boots, gloves, back protector, all $$$ well spent when you go down. search the wera board for how different brands crash tested.

-extra stuff. you'll find out there are a million things you'll want to get like tire warmers (now you need a generator since most tracks don't have free power), a truck/trailer to get to the track, canopy to get out of the sun, a fuel jug or two, extra wheels, sprockets, clip ons, pegs, shifters/shift rods, levers, fairings, radiator, windscreens, helmets, etc. seems like overkill, but if you have a little crash first thing in the morning it's nice to have stuff to fix it right there and not blow the whole day.

it's addicting and in the end it'll probably bankrupt you, but it's fun while it lasts. go check out a trackday something just to watch and see if it's something you want to do.
post #40 of 526 (permalink) Old 06-20-2010, 12:24 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ram57ta View Post
Dont you have some tickets to write or something?
If I could find that cockroach stunting in SE FTW, I'd impound his bike!!!!!
post #41 of 526 (permalink) Old 06-20-2010, 06:10 PM
Hired Hand

Quote:
Originally Posted by the spindoctor View Post
it's addicting and in the end it'll probably bankrupt you, but it's fun while it lasts.
Sounds like my ex. lol

Thanks for the input gentlemen, I'm still considering my options.

Raven 2006 Yamaha R6S

post #42 of 526 (permalink) Old 06-20-2010, 06:59 PM
Sir Clavin

Quote from another forum...

"Track days..... because golf on Sunday, is for fags. "
post #43 of 526 (permalink) Old 06-20-2010, 07:08 PM
Hired Hand

Quote:
Originally Posted by [CS]ls1haha View Post
Quote from another forum...

"Track days..... because golf on Sunday, is for fags. "
I enjoy golf, bikes, and beautiful women. All three on a Sunday would equal an every man's hat trick.

Whoever penned that "saying" should grow up.

Raven 2006 Yamaha R6S

post #44 of 526 (permalink) Old 06-22-2010, 03:52 PM
que?

hey fucker, i wear a helmet... now
post #45 of 526 (permalink) Old 06-22-2010, 03:56 PM
Adrenaline is my ABS.

pretty funny

1985 Mustang GT "MNM"
post #46 of 526 (permalink) Old 06-22-2010, 08:42 PM
Resident Pinstriper

I chuckled.

post #47 of 526 (permalink) Old 06-22-2010, 09:43 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by grove rat View Post
hey fucker, i wear a helmet... now
'Bout time. I'd hate to have to come to your funeral because you were too damn lazy to throw on a bucket....
post #48 of 526 (permalink) Old 06-23-2010, 06:22 AM
Lifer

Gotta be stunter bob!

CHL holder and Conservative...AKA "Domestic Terrorist"
post #49 of 526 (permalink) Old 06-23-2010, 09:28 AM
The Fastest of the Fast

I LOL'd.
post #50 of 526 (permalink) Old 06-23-2010, 01:48 PM
Time Served

hell no. thats why i never went on group rides, the nigerians in particular love the whole side by side riding thing.. that way they can admire each other and compliment each other easier. "yo dat chrome nazi helmet iz da bomb!! wherz ya buy dat dam ting?" i'll ride staggered, which makes sense since you can see everybody in the group behind you, and stay together easier. towards the end i realized i'd rather just ride by myself or with a couple good friends and know exactly what their riding habits are and skill level. did enough rides in DFW that ended with picking up pieces of somebody's bike and calling for EMS.

2008 Freightliner Columbia -- daily driver
2010 Jeep unlimited Rubicon
1991 toyota pickup with a few mods.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement