DFW Mustang Forums banner

Anyone seen the new KTM350 SX-F?

67K views 650 replies 156 participants last post by  Fred Monty 
#1 ·
I got my latest Dirtrider and they have a write up on this new bike due out this summer. Its designed to fill a gap from a 250 to 450 for those of us that don't need the kind of power a 450 makes. Sheck it out -

When they started to make the drawings for the engine the main goal was to make a really small engine, as close to the 250 [as possible]. If you look at it, it's just a bit bigger than a 250, so we already saved a lot of weight in that.
So its really more like a boared 250 then a split between the 250 and 450 I think.

See less See more
#12 ·
Hey Buick, while you are editing your post you might as well use the appropriate word...they're instead of their.

I like the 09 CRFs and looked at buying one recently, but they are still too proud of those things...not paying $7k for a dirtbike...and sure as hell aint paying $8500 for the YZF. So I got a new 09 YZF450 for $5k OTD. Its a great bike.

#26 ·
<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/iUbyL0uZeVQ&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/iUbyL0uZeVQ&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

#36 ·
Ha, I went to look at a bike a couple of years ago with Ram57ta. When we were riding up I thought it was one of the first ones I sold, got closer, and saw some unique details that let me know it had been mine.

Kid and his father were disagreeing with me about the history. I took it from wrecked to it's current state (sort of, it had been dropped on both sides, but was still all there like I fixed it just rougher shape) and they were acting as if I had no idea what I was talking about, lol.

#38 ·
damn i love me some RC51. I really want one bad as I'm getting that itch again lol. i rode my buddy's 1098 a couple weeks ago and man i need a liter v-twin! i miss my 954RR but the torque was f'in awesome. it reminded me of the torque like my old sv but damn if it wasn't 10 times the bike!

#45 ·
It's not...

... an OMGGIXXXERZ or liter bike of any kind. Just a simple '09 650 I picked up last night for a really good deal. Got it in this color:

The last thing I rode was an '82 CB750 and an '85 500 Shadow over 20 years ago. This will do me fine for a bit. So far it's a pretty fun bike. Should I get the 1000cc tune? :confused: :006:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.