Anyone seen the new KTM350 SX-F? - DFWstangs Forums
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 552 (permalink) Old 01-27-2010, 11:40 AM Thread Starter
too many projects!
 
TX21's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: you cant drink all day if you don't start in the morning
Posts: 5,196
Anyone seen the new KTM350 SX-F?

I got my latest Dirtrider and they have a write up on this new bike due out this summer. Its designed to fill a gap from a 250 to 450 for those of us that don't need the kind of power a 450 makes. Sheck it out -



Quote:
When they started to make the drawings for the engine the main goal was to make a really small engine, as close to the 250 [as possible]. If you look at it, it's just a bit bigger than a 250, so we already saved a lot of weight in that.
So its really more like a boared 250 then a split between the 250 and 450 I think.

PHUKET
A coward dies a thousand deaths
A soldier dies but once.
TX21 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 552 (permalink) Old 01-27-2010, 11:57 AM
The Fastest of the Fast
 
AnotherRedHead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: FastestETville
Posts: 13,693
i need a mod 450 so fuck that thing
AnotherRedHead is offline  
post #3 of 552 (permalink) Old 01-27-2010, 04:28 PM
Lifer
 
davbrucas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: Houston
Posts: 8,841
I will be getting one of those...I hear rumors the the Japs are gonna follow suit as well.
davbrucas is offline  
 
post #4 of 552 (permalink) Old 01-27-2010, 06:04 PM
Lifer
 
Buick355's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: Fort Worth
Posts: 14,251
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnotherRedHead View Post
i need a mod 450 so fuck that thing
Just mod the 350. KTM's are known for being powerhouses so I'll bet that 350 has close to the power of a Jap 450 and it'll be lighter.
Buick355 is offline  
post #5 of 552 (permalink) Old 01-27-2010, 07:52 PM
Time Served
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 417
i would buy one from honda.
jammeejamm is offline  
post #6 of 552 (permalink) Old 01-27-2010, 09:30 PM
Lifer
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Grapevine
Posts: 1,020
Quote:
Originally Posted by jammeejamm View Post
i would buy one from honda.

Makes two of us....


Ive had 2 KTMs and loved them both but, parts and service(I couldnt do my own repairs when I owned either KTM) are next to impossible to get.
Treybizttu is offline  
post #7 of 552 (permalink) Old 01-27-2010, 09:42 PM
Lifer
 
Buick355's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: Fort Worth
Posts: 14,251
Quote:
Originally Posted by Treybizttu View Post
Makes two of us....


Ive had 2 KTMs and loved them both but, parts and service(I couldnt do my own repairs when I owned either KTM) are next to impossible to get.
Why couldn't you do your own repairs on them?

I've never had a single problem getting a part for any of my KTM's, and they couldn't be easier to work on.

KTM being my first choice for a bike, my second sure wouldn't be a Honda, it would be a Yamaha. Honda has some work to do to get their CRF's back on top again.
Buick355 is offline  
post #8 of 552 (permalink) Old 01-27-2010, 09:59 PM
Lifer
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Grapevine
Posts: 1,020
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buick355 View Post
Why couldn't you do your own repairs on them?

I've never had a single problem getting a part for any of my KTM's, and they couldn't be easier to work on.

KTM being my first choice for a bike, my second sure wouldn't be a Honda, it would be a Yamaha. Honda has some work to do to get their CRF's back on top again.


Honestly the reason I couldnt do my own work on the KTMs was that I didnt know what I was doing beyond regular maint.. I could barely change a dirt bike tire myself a few years ago....

Know I do all of my own work so it would be less of an issue to own the KTM now as far as that is concerned.

I have a slight Honda Bias since I work for a honda shop but, of all the bikes (street or dirt) I have owned in the last 15 years the hondas have always been the most fun and reliable. Not to say I dont like the other brands because I do, I just have always had the best luck with honda stuff.
Treybizttu is offline  
post #9 of 552 (permalink) Old 01-28-2010, 09:57 AM
Time Served
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 417
try maintaining a ktm four stroke. ktm parts are expensive, much more than those of the big four.

i get honda parts cheap, very cheap. so, i like honda.
jammeejamm is offline  
post #10 of 552 (permalink) Old 01-28-2010, 12:17 PM
The Fastest of the Fast
 
AnotherRedHead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: FastestETville
Posts: 13,693
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buick355 View Post
Honda has some work to do to get their CRF's back on top again.


Says who? Have u even rode a lap on a 09 up crf? Doubt it. Even if u did you dont have the speed to make that kind of judgement. I rode my buddies 10 yami 450 the other day, and I like it, but its very weird to ride. My honda on the other hand, is by nearly 30 lbs, the lightest 450 of all of them. Suzuki, kawi, yami, and ktm, all weigh about 250 lbs. My crf weighs 226 with a full tank.

Me being a spoiled asshole, I love new technology. I thought I would get on the new yami and be like "gotta have one". But that wasnt the case. Now where u think u can chime in a say a honda isnt on top, I dont understand....shorty finished 3rd in sx and 2nd in outdoors. A good pro ride doesnt make a good bike. Dungey is a beast and zuk has a SICK setup for him, but a 2010 zuk 450 off the floor? Is a fucking garbage scowl
AnotherRedHead is offline  
post #11 of 552 (permalink) Old 01-28-2010, 07:25 PM
Lifer
 
Buick355's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: Fort Worth
Posts: 14,251
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnotherRedHead View Post
Says who? Have u even rode a lap on a 09 up crf? Doubt it. Even if u did you dont have the speed to make that kind of judgement. I rode my buddies 10 yami 450 the other day, and I like it, but its very weird to ride. My honda on the other hand, is by nearly 30 lbs, the lightest 450 of all of them. Suzuki, kawi, yami, and ktm, all weigh about 250 lbs. My crf weighs 226 with a full tank.

Me being a spoiled asshole, I love new technology. I thought I would get on the new yami and be like "gotta have one". But that wasnt the case. Now where u think u can chime in a say a honda isnt on top, I dont understand....shorty finished 3rd in sx and 2nd in outdoors. A good pro ride doesnt make a good bike. Dungey is a beast and zuk has a SICK setup for him, but a 2010 zuk 450 off the floor? Is a fucking garbage scowl

My speed or lack of has nothing to do with Honda's recent reviews. Honda has gotten less than perfect reviews ever since they redesigned the frame around the fuel injection for the 450 and now the 250. Mostly about the way it handles. And before you start saying magazines get paid to bias what they publish I'm not just talking about just magazines reviews. I read what people who own the bikes say. I'm not hating on Honda, they're good bikes, but it wouldn't be my first choice, that's all. Put Andrew Short on a KTM and maybe he'll come in 2nd in SX and 1st in outdoors

And if your bike is 226 lbs then you've lightened it up. Honda claims 234lbs. Yamaha claims 245, KTM is claiming 230. Not a 30lb spread. And weight isn't everything. If it was you'd be on a 2 stroke.

Everyone knows I'm a KTM nut hugger but it's for good reason. Their damn good bikes. Have you ridden a new KTM?

Last edited by Buick355; 01-28-2010 at 07:30 PM.
Buick355 is offline  
post #12 of 552 (permalink) Old 01-28-2010, 08:00 PM
Lifer
 
davbrucas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: Houston
Posts: 8,841
Hey Buick, while you are editing your post you might as well use the appropriate word...they're instead of their.

I like the 09 CRFs and looked at buying one recently, but they are still too proud of those things...not paying $7k for a dirtbike...and sure as hell aint paying $8500 for the YZF. So I got a new 09 YZF450 for $5k OTD. Its a great bike.
davbrucas is offline  
post #13 of 552 (permalink) Old 01-28-2010, 08:02 PM
Merry HoHo
 
SNEAKY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: User Id: 30310 Name: SneakyDaPimp
Posts: 32,791
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buick355 View Post
Have you ridden a new KTM?
yes, but not a two stroke E start with a rekluse clutch

.(OBAMA) One Big Ass Mistake America
SNEAKY is offline  
post #14 of 552 (permalink) Old 01-28-2010, 08:36 PM
Lifer
 
Buick355's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: Fort Worth
Posts: 14,251
Quote:
Originally Posted by davbrucas View Post
Hey Buick, while you are editing your post you might as well use the appropriate word...they're instead of their.

I like the 09 CRFs and looked at buying one recently, but they are still too proud of those things...not paying $7k for a dirtbike...and sure as hell aint paying $8500 for the YZF. So I got a new 09 YZF450 for $5k OTD. Its a great bike.
I'll do that as soon as you start using proper sentence structure and punctuation.
Buick355 is offline  
post #15 of 552 (permalink) Old 01-28-2010, 08:37 PM
Lifer
 
Buick355's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: Fort Worth
Posts: 14,251
Quote:
Originally Posted by SNEAKY View Post
yes, but not a two stroke E start with a rekluse clutch
You'll get to ride mine.
Buick355 is offline  
post #16 of 552 (permalink) Old 01-28-2010, 09:21 PM
Merry HoHo
 
SNEAKY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: User Id: 30310 Name: SneakyDaPimp
Posts: 32,791
thinking about heading to X bar next weekend

.(OBAMA) One Big Ass Mistake America
SNEAKY is offline  
post #17 of 552 (permalink) Old 01-28-2010, 09:52 PM
Lifer
 
Buick355's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: Fort Worth
Posts: 14,251
Quote:
Originally Posted by SNEAKY View Post
thinking about heading to X bar next weekend
Got my girl. Maybe weekend after? We need to plan another camping trip at Red River as soon as it warms up a bit.
Buick355 is offline  
post #18 of 552 (permalink) Old 01-28-2010, 10:12 PM
Lifer
 
davbrucas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: Houston
Posts: 8,841
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buick355 View Post
I'll do that as soon as you start using proper sentence structure and punctuation.
Theres a difference between shortcuts and ignorance.
davbrucas is offline  
post #19 of 552 (permalink) Old 01-28-2010, 10:18 PM
Lifer
 
Buick355's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: Fort Worth
Posts: 14,251
Quote:
Originally Posted by davbrucas View Post
Theres a difference between shortcuts and ignorance.
There's also a difference between a mistake and ignorance. Read the post again. It's obvious I know the appropriate use of they're and their.

No need to be a jack ass.
Buick355 is offline  
post #20 of 552 (permalink) Old 01-29-2010, 11:49 AM
The Fastest of the Fast
 
AnotherRedHead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: FastestETville
Posts: 13,693
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buick355 View Post
My speed or lack of has nothing to do with Honda's recent reviews. Honda has gotten less than perfect reviews ever since they redesigned the frame around the fuel injection for the 450 and now the 250. Mostly about the way it handles. And before you start saying magazines get paid to bias what they publish I'm not just talking about just magazines reviews. I read what people who own the bikes say. I'm not hating on Honda, they're good bikes, but it wouldn't be my first choice, that's all. Put Andrew Short on a KTM and maybe he'll come in 2nd in SX and 1st in outdoors

And if your bike is 226 lbs then you've lightened it up. Honda claims 234lbs. Yamaha claims 245, KTM is claiming 230. Not a 30lb spread. And weight isn't everything. If it was you'd be on a 2 stroke.

Everyone knows I'm a KTM nut hugger but it's for good reason. Their damn good bikes. Have you ridden a new KTM?
I have Ti axles and bolts on my crf. And the ktm 450 weighs more than all the bikes, about 250. The listed ktm weight is dry i think, unlike the japs. Weight isnt everything, its power/weight. I rode a ktm, not a fan of the suspension at all. Then again, my bike came with kyb and now sports Showa so I do what I need to go fast. But get real, the honda is just as good, and in my expert opinion, better than all those bikes. I have spun laps on every bike out there. Reality??? Purchase any new 450 and you wont be dissappointed. Im so sick of ppl on thumpertalk talking about my honda does this or does that. My honda worked great with enzo kyb, and works even better with the showa kit. Its funny how a bunch of non riding ass bags on the internet have these 10 page posts about setups and suspensions and yada yada yada. 99% of thumpertalk riders are D class or trails warriors.
AnotherRedHead is offline  
post #21 of 552 (permalink) Old 01-29-2010, 06:15 PM
Lifer
 
Buick355's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: Fort Worth
Posts: 14,251
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnotherRedHead View Post
I have Ti axles and bolts on my crf. And the ktm 450 weighs more than all the bikes, about 250. The listed ktm weight is dry i think, unlike the japs. Weight isnt everything, its power/weight. I rode a ktm, not a fan of the suspension at all. Then again, my bike came with kyb and now sports Showa so I do what I need to go fast. But get real, the honda is just as good, and in my expert opinion, better than all those bikes. I have spun laps on every bike out there. Reality??? Purchase any new 450 and you wont be dissappointed. Im so sick of ppl on thumpertalk talking about my honda does this or does that. My honda worked great with enzo kyb, and works even better with the showa kit. Its funny how a bunch of non riding ass bags on the internet have these 10 page posts about setups and suspensions and yada yada yada. 99% of thumpertalk riders are D class or trails warriors.
There's nothing wrong with being a "D class rider or trail warrior". That's any bike manufacturers main market. And yeah, I agree, all of the big players make an awesome bike, so you can't go wrong. Just buy a bike and spend a little money to set it up to your liking. Honestly if I was riding a 4 stroke it would be a hard choice.

Back to the topic though. Here's a lame video a guy posted on KTM Talk. He says he's close friends with Mike Alessi and got to test ride the new 350 SXF.

Buick355 is offline  
post #22 of 552 (permalink) Old 01-29-2010, 06:53 PM
Lifer
 
davbrucas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: Houston
Posts: 8,841
That bike looked like it had an oversize tank on it. Are people on TT calling BS?
davbrucas is offline  
post #23 of 552 (permalink) Old 01-30-2010, 12:31 AM
Lifer
 
Buick355's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: Fort Worth
Posts: 14,251
Quote:
Originally Posted by davbrucas View Post
That bike looked like it had an oversize tank on it. Are people on TT calling BS?
From what was reported be the person who posted the video the bike was disguised in old school plastics.
Buick355 is offline  
post #24 of 552 (permalink) Old 01-30-2010, 08:25 AM
老师
 
Neiladin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: OKC
Posts: 12,120
Neiladin is offline  
post #25 of 552 (permalink) Old 01-30-2010, 04:23 PM
Lifer
 
Buick355's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: Fort Worth
Posts: 14,251
Quote:
Originally Posted by SNEAKY View Post
yes, but not a two stroke E start with a rekluse clutch
Just took off the e-start. Saved 8 lbs. This should put my bike in the neighborhood of 216 lbs without fuel!!
Buick355 is offline  
post #26 of 552 (permalink) Old 02-13-2010, 11:29 AM
Lifer
 
Buick355's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: Fort Worth
Posts: 14,251
Buick355 is offline  
post #27 of 552 (permalink) Old 04-15-2010, 10:32 PM
Old school 4-eye'd
 
Baron's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Department of Redundancy Dept
Posts: 6,714
anyone wanna go ride?

Lets plan a ride somewhere. Stevenville? Glen Rose? Windmill farms?

Baron is offline  
post #28 of 552 (permalink) Old 04-16-2010, 10:03 AM
BP
Keep your unicorns
 
BP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2000
Location: At the Dexter Lake Club
Posts: 12,422
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron View Post
Lets plan a ride somewhere. Stevenville? Glen Rose? Windmill farms?
Longhorn HD is having their bikini contest tomorrow. Free beer, lots of bikes and bikinis. I don't see how it can go wrong.

Buell 1125R
Raptor 700R
No fast cars though
BP is offline  
post #29 of 552 (permalink) Old 04-16-2010, 10:37 AM
Old school 4-eye'd
 
Baron's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Department of Redundancy Dept
Posts: 6,714
Quote:
Originally Posted by BP View Post
Longhorn HD is having their bikini contest tomorrow. Free beer, lots of bikes and bikinis. I don't see how it can go wrong.
And they are doing a charity 1-2 hour ride. If it isnt raining I will be there.

Baron is offline  
post #30 of 552 (permalink) Old 04-16-2010, 12:51 PM
Lifer
 
Justa4banger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: DFW
Posts: 3,030
looks like rain though

sucks i got plans but maybe sunday.. or plan a ride next week.

85 SVO 2.7t coming soon
Old 438whp 1/8th??
Older 375whp [email protected]

We will never forget you WILD 42!
Friends I've Lost

Even if you make something dummy-proof, the world makes a better dummy.
Justa4banger is offline  
post #31 of 552 (permalink) Old 04-16-2010, 12:53 PM
Punk Ass Newbie
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 993
I will be out of town saturday, but if a sunday afternoon ride is happening, I'm in!

4.0x3.48 is offline  
post #32 of 552 (permalink) Old 04-22-2010, 08:15 PM
Time Served
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Ft Worth
Posts: 981
please tell me someone on here knows this guy

he is selling my old rc and i texted him to let him know some of the history behind it, cause he's wrong and he gets all pissed

http://dallas.craigslist.org/dal/mcy/1705365845.html
big pappa pump is offline  
post #33 of 552 (permalink) Old 04-22-2010, 08:19 PM
Lifer
 
Buick355's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: Fort Worth
Posts: 14,251
Tell him to meet you at JITB in 15 min.
Buick355 is offline  
post #34 of 552 (permalink) Old 04-22-2010, 08:20 PM
Time Served
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Ft Worth
Posts: 981
what is jitb?
big pappa pump is offline  
post #35 of 552 (permalink) Old 04-22-2010, 08:22 PM
Lifer
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 2,661
Jack in the box

WHATEVER IT TAKES!!
GVazquez is offline  
post #36 of 552 (permalink) Old 04-22-2010, 10:43 PM
OLD SCHOOL crew
 
HobieF3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: If you aren't 02 or older you aren't SHIT!
Posts: 11,619
Ha, I went to look at a bike a couple of years ago with Ram57ta. When we were riding up I thought it was one of the first ones I sold, got closer, and saw some unique details that let me know it had been mine.

Kid and his father were disagreeing with me about the history. I took it from wrecked to it's current state (sort of, it had been dropped on both sides, but was still all there like I fixed it just rougher shape) and they were acting as if I had no idea what I was talking about, lol.

Buy my 98 Civic 5spd - New A/C $2250 over 40mpg on the [email protected]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean88gt
I want to live as an outlaw, or what used to be called a Free American.
Quote:
Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone. The people themselves, therefore, are its only safe depositories. And to render even them safe, their minds must be improved to a certain degree." --Thomas Jefferson
HobieF3 is offline  
post #37 of 552 (permalink) Old 04-22-2010, 10:45 PM
Time Served
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Ft Worth
Posts: 981
well that one was in my garage when my house burnt down and i had to replace the upper and tail, not to mention alot of cleaning.
big pappa pump is offline  
post #38 of 552 (permalink) Old 04-22-2010, 11:23 PM
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: arlington, tx
Posts: 1,344
damn i love me some RC51. I really want one bad as I'm getting that itch again lol. i rode my buddy's 1098 a couple weeks ago and man i need a liter v-twin! i miss my 954RR but the torque was f'in awesome. it reminded me of the torque like my old sv but damn if it wasn't 10 times the bike!
kc50lx is offline  
post #39 of 552 (permalink) Old 04-23-2010, 12:12 AM
Lifer
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 3,391
Quote:
Originally Posted by HobieF3 View Post
Ha, I went to look at a bike a couple of years ago with Ram57ta. When we were riding up I thought it was one of the first ones I sold, got closer, and saw some unique details that let me know it had been mine.

Kid and his father were disagreeing with me about the history. I took it from wrecked to it's current state (sort of, it had been dropped on both sides, but was still all there like I fixed it just rougher shape) and they were acting as if I had no idea what I was talking about, lol.
Ahh shit I forgot about that. GSXR if I remember correctly? RC's won't run with anything modern unless they are heavily worked on and they are HEAVY...but they are still badass bikes. I'm sure Andy still misses that loud-as-fuck RC he used to have

FUCK Canada
ram57ta is offline  
post #40 of 552 (permalink) Old 04-23-2010, 09:14 AM
Old school 4-eye'd
 
Baron's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Department of Redundancy Dept
Posts: 6,714
Bump?

Baron is offline  
post #41 of 552 (permalink) Old 04-23-2010, 11:35 AM
Lifer
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Red Neck Ville USA
Posts: 1,668
i got plans this whole weekend.. I could do late afternoon next sat or anytime sunday

Quote:
Originally Posted by redheadintx
Agreed! My husband is tall, average, and SEXY!
perezsteveo is offline  
post #42 of 552 (permalink) Old 04-23-2010, 03:06 PM
Lifer
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 3,391
I could handle a ride weather permitting (IF) I get my bike put back together. My HID ballast went out and its kinda buried under the ram air ducts so I had to take the plastics and inside cowling off.

NM..Its fixed. Lets go!!!

FUCK Canada

Last edited by ram57ta; 04-24-2010 at 01:59 AM.
ram57ta is offline  
post #43 of 552 (permalink) Old 04-23-2010, 04:20 PM
Time Served
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 206
I just bought an RC off craigslist from a guy up in lewisville...Funny...his condo burned...hope I'm not next lol

but ts my first v-twin and I'm loving it!
mrward77 is offline  
post #44 of 552 (permalink) Old 04-24-2010, 11:48 AM
BP
Keep your unicorns
 
BP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2000
Location: At the Dexter Lake Club
Posts: 12,422
Here is a good deal for tomorrow

http://www.dierks.com/news/dierks-be...c-kids-benefit

Buell 1125R
Raptor 700R
No fast cars though
BP is offline  
post #45 of 552 (permalink) Old 05-05-2010, 01:55 AM
1-8-4-3-6-5-7-2 f0 lyfe!
 
SS Junk's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2000
Location: under my junk
Posts: 7,049
It's not...

... an OMGGIXXXERZ or liter bike of any kind. Just a simple '09 650 I picked up last night for a really good deal. Got it in this color:

The last thing I rode was an '82 CB750 and an '85 500 Shadow over 20 years ago. This will do me fine for a bit. So far it's a pretty fun bike. Should I get the 1000cc tune?

SS Junk is offline  
post #46 of 552 (permalink) Old 05-05-2010, 01:57 AM
I Я Invizabul
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Candyland
Posts: 4,909
Not bad ... wouldnt mind trying something like that out. All I have ever ridden are street bikes.
Pokulski-Blatz is offline  
post #47 of 552 (permalink) Old 05-05-2010, 01:57 AM
OLD SCHOOL crew
 
HobieF3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: If you aren't 02 or older you aren't SHIT!
Posts: 11,619
I think I want something out of the "norm" or my norm that is. I want a Z1000. I want to make newb sport bike riders look dumb on a non "sport" bike.

Buy my 98 Civic 5spd - New A/C $2250 over 40mpg on the [email protected]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean88gt
I want to live as an outlaw, or what used to be called a Free American.
Quote:
Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone. The people themselves, therefore, are its only safe depositories. And to render even them safe, their minds must be improved to a certain degree." --Thomas Jefferson
HobieF3 is offline  
post #48 of 552 (permalink) Old 05-05-2010, 01:57 AM
T-MINUS
 
Sean88gt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Posts: 28,540
A little bit different, but a whole lot of the same as the Versys I just got. Fun little bikes.

1/19/09, the last day of Free America.
Pericles "Freedom is the sure possession of those alone who have the courage to defend it. "

"[T]he people alone have an incontestable, unalienable, and indefeasible right to institute government and to reform, alter, or totally change the same when their protection, safety, prosperity, and happiness require it." --Samuel Adams


Sean88gt is offline  
post #49 of 552 (permalink) Old 05-05-2010, 02:07 AM
1-8-4-3-6-5-7-2 f0 lyfe!
 
SS Junk's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2000
Location: under my junk
Posts: 7,049
Quote:
Originally Posted by HobieF3 View Post
I think I want something out of the "norm" or my norm that is. I want a Z1000. I want to make newb sport bike riders look dumb on a non "sport" bike.
I considered that bike really really hard. It actually may be my next one, however the one I saw in the showroom was being offered at sticker only. No discounts or incentives. They wouldn't budge from the 10+K price.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean88gt View Post
A little bit different, but a whole lot of the same as the Versys I just got. Fun little bikes.
Sat on one, but didn't like how the stance is. I'm 6' and I had to either lean to put a foot flat on the floor or sit w/ both feet arched.

SS Junk is offline  
post #50 of 552 (permalink) Old 05-05-2010, 04:19 PM
que?
 
grove rat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 21,662
from what i can tell it looks like a stripped down or naked 650r?

i was very close to getting a 650r as my first bike, everything i read about them was good. good beginner bike but also has enough power/handling to keep experienced riders happy
grove rat is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Bookmarks

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the DFWstangs Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome