DFW Mustang Forums banner

old school muscle bikes

60K views 739 replies 177 participants last post by  bcsk724 
#1 ·
Anybody know a place around here (dfw) that either has or sells old school m/c? I am on the hunt for a Suzuki GS 1100e model, or possibly kawasaki J model? I've found one or two but nothin that catches my eye. Don't have to look pretty but has to be a good motor and trans. thx

#3 ·
There's a shop on 8th Avenue in Fort Worth that deals in older stuff - Adventure Cycle is the name I believe. Use to be owned by a guy named Meeks.
Also there's a shop on west Camp Bowie/Hwy 80 west of Alta Mere around Cherry.
Don't know the name but he's always got a bunch of vintage japanese stuff out front.
Then of course there's craig's list.

Good luck.

#4 ·
I use to work for James up there on 8th ave at adventure, him and Mr motorcycle were the one of the best places but both are closed down. If my memory is still right that would be Mr Ricky Hill out there of hwy 10. I thought he just does mech work and rebuilds? I use to call him the wizard, if he can't tell whats wrong and able to fix it, it ani't broke. Got his #? I would like to see if he can find one. thx

#5 ·
meathead said:
Anybody know a place around here (dfw) that either has or sells old school m/c? I am on the hunt for a Suzuki GS 1100e model, or possibly kawasaki J model? I've found one or two but nothin that catches my eye. Don't have to look pretty but has to be a good motor and trans. thx
I was into big bikes when those came iut, around '81 or so. They were the fastest thing out there for a while. I had a '79 CBX with 6 Mikuni's and a 6 into 1 Kerker header, an '81 Honda 900F, and an '82 GPZ1100 ,all at different times. The GPZ could hang fairly well with the "Suzi", and it was usually a riders' race. Good times!

#6 ·
meathead said:
I was into big bikes when those came out, around '81 or so. They were the fastest thing out there for a while. I had a '79 CBX with 6 Mikuni's and a 6 into 1 Kerker header, an '81 Honda 900F, and an '82 GPZ1100 ,all at different times. The GPZ could hang fairly well with the "Suzi", and it was usually a riders' race. Good times!

There's a guy in Dallas...something like "Re-Cycler", up close to the zoo.

#10 ·
meathead said:
I use to work for James up there on 8th ave at adventure, him and Mr motorcycle were the one of the best places but both are closed down. If my memory is still right that would be Mr Ricky Hill out there of hwy 10. I thought he just does mech work and rebuilds? I use to call him the wizard, if he can't tell whats wrong and able to fix it, it ani't broke. Got his #? I would like to see if he can find one. thx
That's him! He always has a few for sale too. 817) 285-9977

#11 ·
I was on a Suzuki GS1100e up till 04. LOVED IT! big light bucket up front, wide open v/h holeshot, stage 2 jet kit, kevlar clutch. Ran 7.3 after layin rubber for 40ft outta the hole. I was 140lbs on that big old beast! blew the tranny racing a zx10. won but cost me :( . Then I found this gpz and started back up again and lost major compression and sold it so If this guy shows up sunday to by my turbo z, I want to get back in the m/c racing again.

#13 · (Edited)
JP135 said:
Check with The Motorcycle Shop in Hurst on Hwy 10 just east of Hurstview. He's an old m/c drag racer and always seems to have one or two in the shop.
That is Ricky. He re-built my son's bike. Awsome mechanic! Great prices as well. He had a few old bikes laying around a year ago when we used him.

Here is a pic of my son's 1100f. (bad ass bike off of the line)

#16 ·
ram57ta said:
you should look for an 84-86 honda vf1100s (v65 Sabre)....it was extremely fast for its time and was liquid cooled...and looked pretty good too.
I did see those alot but heard the parts are hard to come by and pricey on maint. I was offered a honda cb900 for $800 but needed carbs and batt, but that GS I had, that motor was as stout as they came. I could hammer on that bike and it almost felt like it was asking for more. It was like we thinking the same thing all the time.

#18 ·
likeitfast55 said:
That is Ricky. He re-built my son's bike. Awsome mechanic! Great prices as well. He had a few old bikes laying around a year ago when we used him.

Here is a pic of my son's 1100f. (bad ass bike off of the line)
THAT''S WHAT I"M TALKING ABOUT. nice, clean, well maintained. If I do come across one may wanna see what's up. The best my old one did (no b.s.) 1 to 1 1/2 bike lengths ahead of 01 750 srad mild upgrades and good exh (street not strip). man, I'm ready to go to the track. It's been awhile since I've had my hands rapped up in this turbo z.

#19 ·
I gave him a call, and no luck :( . Said he'll keep an eye out and to keep trying him back. Have any of yall seen a early 90's zx-10 go up against GS1100e? I think if they both have equivilant upgrades, I would say the first one outta the hole would most likely take it. My friend is telling me to get one of those instead. Me personally, I just like the look of the old school m/c's.

#22 ·
meathead said:
My dad has an'83 GS.
How much you looking to spend?

#24 ·
ALLAN said:
My dad has an'83 GS.
How much you looking to spend?
I was mainly hoping to do a trade for my turbo z, but if he has a real GS1100e ( someone sent 2 pics last night and they were L models 8 valve) looking for the 16 valve motor then shoot me an price offer or are you intrested in a turbo 280z daily driver? lmk thx

#25 ·
GNasty said:
This one is osted on the lubbock craigslist, 1982 gs100e

http://lubbock.craigslist.org/mcy/662746035.html
requested a pic of it, my next bike is going to be a daily driver for a little while. Thats why I'm not so picky on the looks but has to be a good motor and trans. It does sound like a good price, paid $2k on a note and already had the exh on it. If not I can always take it to Ricky.

#26 ·
I found an FJ1200 for sale today and went to go look at it. It looked pretty clean but it has a salvaged title. Said he wants $1500 cash and he put a new front and back sprocket on along with a new chain. It doesn't look bad but you never know? DEAL OR NO DEAL? what do ya'll think...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.