So... I want a motorcycle - DFWstangs Forums
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 873 (permalink) Old 02-20-2008, 08:28 AM Thread Starter
Check out my decor!
 
99shestang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: The Colony
Posts: 8,952
So... I want a motorcycle

I have always wanted one and just never bought one. Dang April (herblownsnake) has got me wanting one so bad.

http://www.myspace.com/missgirl01


Happiness is not a goal, but a way of life.

99shestang is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 873 (permalink) Old 02-20-2008, 08:30 AM
Slingin rock on da corner
 
NTexas_V-Star's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Sherman TX
Posts: 3,451
Ever rode before?

Remember, some people are alive simply because it is illegal to kill them.


God Bless our Troops

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da Prez
my excuse is i dont give a fuck...
Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyMCev View Post
sass me again and see what happens...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yale View Post
I knew you were a titty hating fag the moment I met you.

2007 Harley Davidson Street Bob
2003 King Ranch F-150
NTexas_V-Star is offline  
post #3 of 873 (permalink) Old 02-20-2008, 08:30 AM
[x] original checkboxer
 
MattB's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2000
Location: Coppell
Posts: 10,836
Exclamation

Ninja 250 FTW! Happy b-day BTW.
MattB is offline  
 
post #4 of 873 (permalink) Old 02-20-2008, 08:32 AM
Saint's heart sinner skin
 
hotrod66stang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 2,113
Do it. Chicks that ride are hot! I might be selling my bike pretty soon to get a Repsol. It's an '03 Gsx-r 600 if you're looking for something in that size/year range.


*edit* Happy B-day!
hotrod66stang is offline  
post #5 of 873 (permalink) Old 02-20-2008, 08:32 AM
AHMO!
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: the original let me google that for ya guy
Posts: 16,810
Does April's road rash also make you want to get one?
Nate is offline  
post #6 of 873 (permalink) Old 02-20-2008, 08:58 AM Thread Starter
Check out my decor!
 
99shestang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: The Colony
Posts: 8,952
Quote:
Originally Posted by NTexas_V-Star
Ever rode before?
I took the safety course and always have rode on the back but never drove. I'm short so it would have to be lowered. I have a friend that said he will ride with me and help me as much as possible starting out.

http://www.myspace.com/missgirl01


Happiness is not a goal, but a way of life.

99shestang is offline  
post #7 of 873 (permalink) Old 02-20-2008, 08:59 AM Thread Starter
Check out my decor!
 
99shestang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: The Colony
Posts: 8,952
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotrod66stang
Do it. Chicks that ride are hot! I might be selling my bike pretty soon to get a Repsol. It's an '03 Gsx-r 600 if you're looking for something in that size/year range.


*edit* Happy B-day!
Well I was looking for no more than a 600 but wasn't sure if I should start out with a smaller cc bike. I love the GSXR's. PM me the info on the bike...

http://www.myspace.com/missgirl01


Happiness is not a goal, but a way of life.

99shestang is offline  
post #8 of 873 (permalink) Old 02-20-2008, 09:00 AM Thread Starter
Check out my decor!
 
99shestang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: The Colony
Posts: 8,952
Quote:
Originally Posted by NaSSty Nate
Does April's road rash also make you want to get one?
That wasn't her driving though...

http://www.myspace.com/missgirl01


Happiness is not a goal, but a way of life.

99shestang is offline  
post #9 of 873 (permalink) Old 02-20-2008, 09:02 AM
Ide fuck her in the ass..
 
Da Prez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: CrooKed I muthafucker!
Posts: 42,924
dont do it, you are too hott to get all fucked up if you go down...




WTB: At&T phone... pm me what ya got...

Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote
Da Prez is offline  
post #10 of 873 (permalink) Old 02-20-2008, 09:48 AM Thread Starter
Check out my decor!
 
99shestang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: The Colony
Posts: 8,952
Quote:
Originally Posted by Da Prez
dont do it, you are too hott to get all fucked up if you go down...
Thank but I have always wanted one and think about it daily

http://www.myspace.com/missgirl01


Happiness is not a goal, but a way of life.

99shestang is offline  
post #11 of 873 (permalink) Old 02-20-2008, 10:07 AM
I'm callin you out!
 
Super Coupe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Greenville
Posts: 14,447
If you get one I think I still have that jacket I bought from you. I will sell it to you cheap.
Super Coupe is offline  
post #12 of 873 (permalink) Old 02-20-2008, 10:31 AM Thread Starter
Check out my decor!
 
99shestang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: The Colony
Posts: 8,952
Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Coupe
If you get one I think I still have that jacket I bought from you. I will sell it to you cheap.
lol.. the mesh or leather??? I can't remember... haha.. I will buy it back!

http://www.myspace.com/missgirl01


Happiness is not a goal, but a way of life.

99shestang is offline  
post #13 of 873 (permalink) Old 02-20-2008, 10:50 AM
That's what she said!
 
88hatch5_0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 3,896
I know you like the GSXR's but Kawasaki makes a really good entry level 600cc sportbike called the ZZR 600. It is actually the old ZX6 that they made in 2002 they just changed the name. It retails for $7299.

Just a thought!

Of course you could still get the ZX6R which retails for $9099!

Let me know I have them in stock for you to sit on, and see what you think.

Jason
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	zzr600_small1[1].jpg
Views:	129
Size:	9.1 KB
ID:	83129  

88hatch5_0 is offline  
post #14 of 873 (permalink) Old 02-20-2008, 10:53 AM Thread Starter
Check out my decor!
 
99shestang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: The Colony
Posts: 8,952
Quote:
Originally Posted by 88hatch5_0
I know you like the GSXR's but Kawasaki makes a really good entry level 600cc sportbike called the ZZR 600. It is actually the old ZX6 that they made in 2002 they just changed the name. It retails for $7299.

Just a thought!

Of course you could still get the ZX6R which retails for $9099!

Let me know I have them in stock for you to sit on, and see what you think.

Jason
I like it, but I think I want a used one to learn on first. I would hate to buy a new one and drop it or something. Things like that are expected when you're learning.

http://www.myspace.com/missgirl01


Happiness is not a goal, but a way of life.

99shestang is offline  
post #15 of 873 (permalink) Old 02-20-2008, 10:55 AM
I'm callin you out!
 
Super Coupe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Greenville
Posts: 14,447
Quote:
Originally Posted by 99shestang
lol.. the mesh or leather??? I can't remember... haha.. I will buy it back!
I bought the black mesh jacket. I think its been worn maybe 3 times since I bought it.
Super Coupe is offline  
post #16 of 873 (permalink) Old 02-20-2008, 10:57 AM
[x] original checkboxer
 
MattB's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2000
Location: Coppell
Posts: 10,836
Exclamation

Ex250 Ex250 Ex250 Ex250 Ex250
MattB is offline  
post #17 of 873 (permalink) Old 02-20-2008, 10:57 AM
AHMO!
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: the original let me google that for ya guy
Posts: 16,810
Quote:
Originally Posted by 99shestang
That wasn't her driving though...
Regardless if she was driving/riding or not...still a much great than zero chance of it happening to you if you buy one.
Nate is offline  
post #18 of 873 (permalink) Old 02-20-2008, 11:00 AM
I'm callin you out!
 
Super Coupe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Greenville
Posts: 14,447
Quote:
Originally Posted by NaSSty Nate
Regardless if she was driving/riding or not...still a much great than zero chance of it happening to you if you buy one.
Riding is a blast and sometimes the danger is what makes riding a lot of fun.
Super Coupe is offline  
post #19 of 873 (permalink) Old 02-20-2008, 11:01 AM
AHMO!
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: the original let me google that for ya guy
Posts: 16,810
Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Coupe
Riding is a blast and sometimes the danger is what makes riding a lot of fun.
That's all gravy for you guys that do it, just be safe. It is not for me.
Nate is offline  
post #20 of 873 (permalink) Old 02-20-2008, 11:04 AM Thread Starter
Check out my decor!
 
99shestang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: The Colony
Posts: 8,952
Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Coupe
I bought the black mesh jacket. I think its been worn maybe 3 times since I bought it.
Well you just let me know how much then... lol

http://www.myspace.com/missgirl01


Happiness is not a goal, but a way of life.

99shestang is offline  
post #21 of 873 (permalink) Old 02-20-2008, 11:06 AM
I'm callin you out!
 
Super Coupe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Greenville
Posts: 14,447
Quote:
Originally Posted by 99shestang
Well you just let me know how much then... lol
I just pulled it out of the closet. 50 bucks.
Super Coupe is offline  
post #22 of 873 (permalink) Old 02-20-2008, 11:08 AM Thread Starter
Check out my decor!
 
99shestang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: The Colony
Posts: 8,952
Quote:
Originally Posted by NaSSty Nate
Regardless if she was driving/riding or not...still a much great than zero chance of it happening to you if you buy one.
I understand that. I also know it's fun and a risk but anything can happen to you at any time so I'm not too worried about it. I don't plan on being stupid on it either.

http://www.myspace.com/missgirl01


Happiness is not a goal, but a way of life.

99shestang is offline  
post #23 of 873 (permalink) Old 02-20-2008, 11:11 AM
I'm callin you out!
 
Super Coupe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Greenville
Posts: 14,447
Quote:
Originally Posted by 99shestang
I understand that. I also know it's fun and a risk but anything can happen to you at any time so I'm not too worried about it. I don't plan on being stupid on it either.
I call bs you know you will be doing standups and highchairs on the highway with stunterbob.
Super Coupe is offline  
post #24 of 873 (permalink) Old 02-20-2008, 11:33 AM
Slingin rock on da corner
 
NTexas_V-Star's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Sherman TX
Posts: 3,451
She'll be fleeing the police at the Garland sonic Thursday night bike night before the end of this summer...just a guess

Remember, some people are alive simply because it is illegal to kill them.


God Bless our Troops

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da Prez
my excuse is i dont give a fuck...
Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyMCev View Post
sass me again and see what happens...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yale View Post
I knew you were a titty hating fag the moment I met you.

2007 Harley Davidson Street Bob
2003 King Ranch F-150
NTexas_V-Star is offline  
post #25 of 873 (permalink) Old 02-20-2008, 11:52 AM
#1 Howard Stern fan
 
GARS04's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 4,842
I think there's one question anyone that wants to ride a bike should ask themselves and that is "do I freak out and panic in situations", in other words if your driving down the road in your car and someone cuts you off do you let go of the wheel and scream or do you calmly slow down move over and flip them the bird. if you freak out it's not for you. This is one sport where freaking out could cost you serious injury or worse.

If you get one and need it lowered holla at me. I've done a few in my time.
GARS04 is offline  
post #26 of 873 (permalink) Old 02-20-2008, 12:30 PM Thread Starter
Check out my decor!
 
99shestang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: The Colony
Posts: 8,952
Quote:
Originally Posted by GARS04
I think there's one question anyone that wants to ride a bike should ask themselves and that is "do I freak out and panic in situations", in other words if your driving down the road in your car and someone cuts you off do you let go of the wheel and scream or do you calmly slow down move over and flip them the bird. if you freak out it's not for you. This is one sport where freaking out could cost you serious injury or worse.

If you get one and need it lowered holla at me. I've done a few in my time.
lol.. I don't freak out.. and I do give them the bird and yell at them a bit. But I do know it can be scary so that's why I will take it slow when getting the bike.

No Thursday nights for me for a while... at least till I am comfortable on one.

I’m also 5 foot and 110 lbs… can it be done… riding a bike that is?

http://www.myspace.com/missgirl01


Happiness is not a goal, but a way of life.

99shestang is offline  
post #27 of 873 (permalink) Old 02-20-2008, 12:31 PM Thread Starter
Check out my decor!
 
99shestang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: The Colony
Posts: 8,952
Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Coupe
I just pulled it out of the closet. 50 bucks.
$40

http://www.myspace.com/missgirl01


Happiness is not a goal, but a way of life.

99shestang is offline  
post #28 of 873 (permalink) Old 02-20-2008, 01:17 PM
Lifer
 
futant's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: DFW, TX
Posts: 1,664
A CBR F2 / F3 or F4 (non i ) would be good lower powered / priced choices.
Definitely lower it.
Good luck / ride safe

79 K5 blazer, 6" lift 38x15" tires d44/12b lockers and chromoly axles ,6.2L GM diesel - Waste Vegetable Oil conversion - cross over steering,14"SAW nitrogen shocks, beefed shackles, shackle flip, winch/ bumpers, diff covers.

94 CBR 600 naked, handbraked, -1 +3 sprockets, one wheel operation mod

"I'm sorry, nothing quite says, "F- You, I'm from Texas" like an all-business, stripped-down K5."
futant is offline  
post #29 of 873 (permalink) Old 02-20-2008, 01:22 PM
Crash Test Dummy
 
Monsoon X's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2000
Location: never never land
Posts: 21,966
Quote:
Originally Posted by GARS04
I think there's one question anyone that wants to ride a bike should ask themselves and that is "do I freak out and panic in situations", in other words if your driving down the road in your car and someone cuts you off do you let go of the wheel and scream or do you calmly slow down move over and flip them the bird. if you freak out it's not for you. This is one sport where freaking out could cost you serious injury or worse.

If you get one and need it lowered holla at me. I've done a few in my time.
That's really good advice.

______________________________
I'm just a poor negro
Monsoon X is offline  
post #30 of 873 (permalink) Old 02-20-2008, 02:02 PM Thread Starter
Check out my decor!
 
99shestang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: The Colony
Posts: 8,952
Quote:
Originally Posted by futant
A CBR F2 / F3 or F4 (non i ) would be good lower powered / priced choices.
Definitely lower it.
Good luck / ride safe
Anything I get would hav to be lowered... I just don't think I have seen any girls that are short who ride.

http://www.myspace.com/missgirl01


Happiness is not a goal, but a way of life.

99shestang is offline  
post #31 of 873 (permalink) Old 02-20-2008, 02:06 PM
May the Force be w/you
 
chuckacosta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: El Paso, Tx
Posts: 3,128
Quote:
Originally Posted by 99shestang
$40
The DFWStangs way......
chuckacosta is offline  
post #32 of 873 (permalink) Old 02-20-2008, 02:11 PM Thread Starter
Check out my decor!
 
99shestang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: The Colony
Posts: 8,952
Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckacosta
The DFWStangs way......
Hey... the jacket was once mine already!

http://www.myspace.com/missgirl01


Happiness is not a goal, but a way of life.

99shestang is offline  
post #33 of 873 (permalink) Old 02-20-2008, 02:15 PM
Rolling with the homies
 
evil jose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2000
Location: Oak Cliff... that's my hood...
Posts: 43,271
Quote:
Originally Posted by 99shestang
lol.. I don't freak out.. and I do give them the bird and yell at them a bit. But I do know it can be scary so that's why I will take it slow when getting the bike.

No Thursday nights for me for a while... at least till I am comfortable on one.

I’m also 5 foot and 110 lbs… can it be done… riding a bike that is?
You and GARS04 could be twins with that description Well except your white and he's not.... and your a chick and he's not... but the whole height and weight thing...




2008 Lincoln MKZ
1995 Mustang GT Convertible
2002 F-150 SuperCrew


1995 Ford Taurus SHO
2003 Yamaha R6

evil jose is offline  
post #34 of 873 (permalink) Old 02-20-2008, 02:17 PM Thread Starter
Check out my decor!
 
99shestang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: The Colony
Posts: 8,952
Quote:
Originally Posted by evil jose
You and GARS04 could be twins with that description Well except your white and he's not.... and your a chick and he's not... but the whole height and weight thing...
lmao....

so it can be done.... awesome!

http://www.myspace.com/missgirl01


Happiness is not a goal, but a way of life.

99shestang is offline  
post #35 of 873 (permalink) Old 02-20-2008, 02:38 PM
I'm over it!
 
avinson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Ponder
Posts: 6,367
Get a dirtbike and call it a day.

avinson is offline  
post #36 of 873 (permalink) Old 02-20-2008, 02:59 PM
Rolling with the homies
 
evil jose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2000
Location: Oak Cliff... that's my hood...
Posts: 43,271
Quote:
Originally Posted by 99shestang
lmao....

so it can be done.... awesome!
I bought one of his old bikes and it was pretty damn low (3" drop?). And having my fat ass sitting on it didn't help much LOL! But he knows what he's doing and I would have no problems with him working on my bike.




2008 Lincoln MKZ
1995 Mustang GT Convertible
2002 F-150 SuperCrew


1995 Ford Taurus SHO
2003 Yamaha R6

evil jose is offline  
post #37 of 873 (permalink) Old 02-20-2008, 03:02 PM
[x] original checkboxer
 
MattB's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2000
Location: Coppell
Posts: 10,836
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by evil jose
I bought one of his old bikes and it was pretty damn low (3" drop?). And having my fat ass sitting on it didn't help much LOL! But he knows what he's doing and I would have no problems with him working on my bike.
X2


And in case I didn't mention it already, get an EX250...
MattB is offline  
post #38 of 873 (permalink) Old 02-20-2008, 03:19 PM
Lifer
 
futant's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: DFW, TX
Posts: 1,664
Quote:
Originally Posted by 99shestang
Anything I get would hav to be lowered... I just don't think I have seen any girls that are short who ride.
I know of a girl that is about exactly your height who rides a F4 (non I model) that is lowered .
I would have to call her BF to see how she is progressing but he would go out with her in the parking lots down the street from their apartment and practice riding a bit.
Basically he just rides it down there then she rides it.
That was awhile ago , she's probably riding it on the street now.

But yes, there are short girls riding 600's.
Heck if my CBRf2 was set on the lowest spring setting on the rear it might ever work.
I'm only 5 6" and I ride with it on the highest setting and I can still flat foot it.

A CBR f2 / f3 with a lowering link is perfect. Not too much power (ok who are we kiding) and they aren't too tall. + they are cheap , especially if you don't care about plastics like me.
good luck, take your time , and don't think you need a more powerful bike.
lots of riders act like they do

79 K5 blazer, 6" lift 38x15" tires d44/12b lockers and chromoly axles ,6.2L GM diesel - Waste Vegetable Oil conversion - cross over steering,14"SAW nitrogen shocks, beefed shackles, shackle flip, winch/ bumpers, diff covers.

94 CBR 600 naked, handbraked, -1 +3 sprockets, one wheel operation mod

"I'm sorry, nothing quite says, "F- You, I'm from Texas" like an all-business, stripped-down K5."
futant is offline  
post #39 of 873 (permalink) Old 02-20-2008, 03:33 PM Thread Starter
Check out my decor!
 
99shestang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: The Colony
Posts: 8,952
Quote:
Originally Posted by futant
I know of a girl that is about exactly your height who rides a F4 (non I model) that is lowered .
I would have to call her BF to see how she is progressing but he would go out with her in the parking lots down the street from their apartment and practice riding a bit.
Basically he just rides it down there then she rides it.
That was awhile ago , she's probably riding it on the street now.

But yes, there are short girls riding 600's.
Heck if my CBRf2 was set on the lowest spring setting on the rear it might ever work.
I'm only 5 6" and I ride with it on the highest setting and I can still flat foot it.

A CBR f2 / f3 with a lowering link is perfect. Not too much power (ok who are we kiding) and they aren't too tall. + they are cheap , especially if you don't care about plastics like me.
good luck, take your time , and don't think you need a more powerful bike.
lots of riders act like they do
Okay well that makes me feel better. I for sure don't need anything with a lot of power for my first bike. Only thing is that I don't like the look of bikes without plastic... I don't know. I will look into it all though. Mine would for sure have to be lowered 3 inches... lol

http://www.myspace.com/missgirl01


Happiness is not a goal, but a way of life.

99shestang is offline  
post #40 of 873 (permalink) Old 02-20-2008, 03:34 PM Thread Starter
Check out my decor!
 
99shestang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: The Colony
Posts: 8,952
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattB
X2


And in case I didn't mention it already, get an EX250...
No I don't think you mentioned that.

I don't want a 250..... I want a 600

http://www.myspace.com/missgirl01


Happiness is not a goal, but a way of life.

99shestang is offline  
post #41 of 873 (permalink) Old 02-20-2008, 04:03 PM
Lifer
 
futant's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: DFW, TX
Posts: 1,664
Quote:
Originally Posted by 99shestang
Okay well that makes me feel better. I for sure don't need anything with a lot of power for my first bike. Only thing is that I don't like the look of bikes without plastic... I don't know. I will look into it all though. Mine would for sure have to be lowered 3 inches... lol
well if you go with one with plastics just make sure you don't get ripped off.
A lot of people try to sell these older bikes after making them look pretty again.
Realistically they aren't worth shit.
You should be able to get one, even with plastics for less than 2K IMO.
I got mine for 1100 without plastics, then put about 400 or so in it getting LED lights etc.
Anyways, point being some people try to sell F2/F3's for 3K , when that's pretty rediculous given their age. The 2K range is about right for a lower mileage good looker..

have fun - people love the girls on bikes.
Me , I 'm scared to death of girls that gots some balls j/k

79 K5 blazer, 6" lift 38x15" tires d44/12b lockers and chromoly axles ,6.2L GM diesel - Waste Vegetable Oil conversion - cross over steering,14"SAW nitrogen shocks, beefed shackles, shackle flip, winch/ bumpers, diff covers.

94 CBR 600 naked, handbraked, -1 +3 sprockets, one wheel operation mod

"I'm sorry, nothing quite says, "F- You, I'm from Texas" like an all-business, stripped-down K5."
futant is offline  
post #42 of 873 (permalink) Old 02-20-2008, 04:59 PM
[x] original checkboxer
 
MattB's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2000
Location: Coppell
Posts: 10,836
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99shestang
No I don't think you mentioned that.

I don't want a 250..... I need a 250
fixed
MattB is offline  
post #43 of 873 (permalink) Old 02-20-2008, 05:15 PM
Rolling with the homies
 
evil jose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2000
Location: Oak Cliff... that's my hood...
Posts: 43,271
Quote:
Originally Posted by 99shestang
No I don't think you mentioned that.

I don't want a 250..... I want a 600
Whatever you go with I would probably suggest you do not buy a new bike and get a used one




2008 Lincoln MKZ
1995 Mustang GT Convertible
2002 F-150 SuperCrew


1995 Ford Taurus SHO
2003 Yamaha R6

evil jose is offline  
post #44 of 873 (permalink) Old 02-20-2008, 05:27 PM
SLOW
 
HerBlownSnake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Dallas
Posts: 3,199
Quote:
Originally Posted by 99shestang
I like it, but I think I want a used one to learn on first. I would hate to buy a new one and drop it or something. Things like that are expected when you're learning.

I didnt read all the thread yet.... but ya know that is what I did. I got a brand new one and it had 1 mile on it and I laid it down in the parking lot.
Also, you will probably want framesliders FIRST thing!! Used or brand new.

Like I said earlier, you would probably have to lower it A LOT!!!! Short ass!

Mustang Sally aint got shit on me!!!

2003 Mustang GT
2007 Black & Blue GSXR 600


http://www.myspace.com/aprils_stangpage
HerBlownSnake is offline  
post #45 of 873 (permalink) Old 02-20-2008, 05:32 PM
SLOW
 
HerBlownSnake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Dallas
Posts: 3,199
Quote:
Originally Posted by NaSSty Nate
Regardless if she was driving/riding or not...still a much great than zero chance of it happening to you if you buy one.

I can post some pics.

Mustang Sally aint got shit on me!!!

2003 Mustang GT
2007 Black & Blue GSXR 600


http://www.myspace.com/aprils_stangpage
HerBlownSnake is offline  
post #46 of 873 (permalink) Old 02-20-2008, 05:47 PM
You never go full retard
 
MotoMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: back in the gym.
Posts: 9,936
Quote:
Originally Posted by HerBlownSnake
I can post some pics.
Road rash on a chick can be hot

Over five thousand years ago, Moses said to the children of Israel, "Pick up your shovel, mount your asses and camels, and I will lead you to the Promised Land." Nearly 75 years ago, Roosevelt said,"Lay down your shovels, sit on your asses, and light up a camel, this is the Promised Land." Now Obama has stolen your shovel..., taxed your asses, raised the price of camels and mortgaged the Promised Land!
MotoMan is offline  
post #47 of 873 (permalink) Old 02-20-2008, 06:53 PM
still here
 
89stangGT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Arlington, TX
Posts: 5,885
Quote:
Originally Posted by futant
I know of a girl that is about exactly your height who rides a F4 (non I model) that is lowered .
I would have to call her BF to see how she is progressing but he would go out with her in the parking lots down the street from their apartment and practice riding a bit.
Basically he just rides it down there then she rides it.
That was awhile ago , she's probably riding it on the street now.

But yes, there are short girls riding 600's.
Heck if my CBRf2 was set on the lowest spring setting on the rear it might ever work.
I'm only 5 6" and I ride with it on the highest setting and I can still flat foot it.

A CBR f2 / f3 with a lowering link is perfect. Not too much power (ok who are we kiding) and they aren't too tall. + they are cheap , especially if you don't care about plastics like me.
good luck, take your time , and don't think you need a more powerful bike.
lots of riders act like they do
why does everyone keep recommending the f4 and not f4i? they're the exact same bike. the only difference is that the "i" meant that bike was fuel injected whereas the f4 wasn't.

I recommend a Ninja 650.


'08 CSRT-4
'06 Yamaha FZ1
89stangGT is offline  
post #48 of 873 (permalink) Old 02-20-2008, 06:58 PM
still here
 
89stangGT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Arlington, TX
Posts: 5,885
Quote:
Originally Posted by 99shestang
Okay well that makes me feel better. I for sure don't need anything with a lot of power for my first bike. Only thing is that I don't like the look of bikes without plastic... I don't know. I will look into it all though. Mine would for sure have to be lowered 3 inches... lol
'08 Ninja 250. Good looks and you can get one from me. plus, with it being a completely redesigned bike and highly sought after right now, it'd still have great resell value after you grow out of it.



'08 CSRT-4
'06 Yamaha FZ1
89stangGT is offline  
post #49 of 873 (permalink) Old 02-20-2008, 07:01 PM
Lifer
 
OrangeChevyII's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Back that way
Posts: 5,992
Happy BDay......Dont do it!

Who wants to race?
OrangeChevyII is offline  
post #50 of 873 (permalink) Old 02-20-2008, 07:11 PM
Slingin rock on da corner
 
NTexas_V-Star's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Sherman TX
Posts: 3,451
Quote:
Originally Posted by evil jose
Whatever you go with I would probably suggest you do not buy a new bike and get a used one

yep....agreed

i'm one of the riders that have been down...on my first bike....sure was glad i bought used

Remember, some people are alive simply because it is illegal to kill them.


God Bless our Troops

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da Prez
my excuse is i dont give a fuck...
Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyMCev View Post
sass me again and see what happens...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yale View Post
I knew you were a titty hating fag the moment I met you.

2007 Harley Davidson Street Bob
2003 King Ranch F-150
NTexas_V-Star is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Bookmarks

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the DFWstangs Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome