Finally went to a bike night - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 703 (permalink) Old 09-21-2007, 07:31 AM Thread Starter
Crash Test Dummy

Finally went to a bike night

I see motorcycles gather in the K-Mart parking lot down here in Lake Charles, every Thurs night. Since my bike is FINALLY up to par (sorta......still have zip ties here and there hahaha) I went up there and parked.

Right away I started chatting with two guys (they were new also). Saw some good bikes. One guy had a 05-06 GSX-R1000. He let me sit on it. I was surprised that it was skinny like my R6 but longer. Not sure if I like it......I like a bigger bike. The 05 CBR1000 looks bigger than the Zuk. Heck........I might take a closer look at the Honda.

The other guy has an 04 GSX-R1000 but it was candied up and chromed out.......looked good though.

All in all there were some cool bikes and cool people. Lotsa Suzukis........too many.......I almost thought I was joining a Suzuki club.

Advertisement

post #2 of 703 (permalink) Old 09-21-2007, 08:17 AM
350z

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monsoon X
I see motorcycles gather in the K-Mart parking lot down here in Lake Charles, every Thurs night. Since my bike is FINALLY up to par (sorta......still have zip ties here and there hahaha) I went up there and parked.

Right away I started chatting with two guys (they were new also). Saw some good bikes. One guy had a 05-06 GSX-R1000. He let me sit on it. I was surprised that it was skinny like my R6 but longer. Not sure if I like it......I like a bigger bike. The 05 CBR1000 looks bigger than the Zuk. Heck........I might take a closer look at the Honda.

The other guy has an 04 GSX-R1000 but it was candied up and chromed out.......looked good though.

All in all there were some cool bikes and cool people. Lotsa Suzukis........too many.......I almost thought I was joining a Suzuki club.

short's tee's and no helmet required for the zuki club

tacos?
post #3 of 703 (permalink) Old 09-21-2007, 08:24 AM Thread Starter
Crash Test Dummy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ktulu
short's tee's and no helmet required for the zuki club
Helmet law in Louisiana but, short tee's and shorts were in full effect.

post #4 of 703 (permalink) Old 09-21-2007, 08:37 AM
still here

Quote:

friends don't let friends ride gixxers.

the last ride we did was pretty much a yamaha ride, with the exception of the Duc and Zuk.

'08 CSRT-4
'06 Yamaha FZ1
post #5 of 703 (permalink) Old 09-21-2007, 10:29 AM

What's your gripe with Gixxers? I agree, there are a shitload on the road, but there are just as many R6/R1s out there. As long as I don't come across another black/black Gixx, I'll be happy. I see fewer Hondas and Kawis than anything else.
post #6 of 703 (permalink) Old 09-21-2007, 10:37 AM
Time Served

Quote:
Originally Posted by thumpin347
What's your gripe with Gixxers? I agree, there are a shitload on the road, but there are just as many R6/R1s out there. As long as I don't come across another black/black Gixx, I'll be happy. I see fewer Hondas and Kawis than anything else.
Seems to be a popular brand, I don't mind them. It's funny that you mention that though, I was just talking to a friend of mine about how I rarely see other kawi's on the road.
M

2008 Chevy Tahoe
2006 Kawasaki ZX6R
post #7 of 703 (permalink) Old 09-21-2007, 10:55 AM
[x] original checkboxer

Exclamation

How many riders had bandanas and tatoos?! Affliction shirts?
post #8 of 703 (permalink) Old 09-21-2007, 11:07 AM
[x] original checkboxer

Exclamation

Quote:

When I first started riding, ALL I saw were blue R1's and R6's. I got into GSXRs because they were the only fuel injected bikes at the time that had factory steering dampers. Also, when the 2000 GSXR 750 came out, it was the bike of the year for most magazines, hung with the 900/929/R1 at the time, could flick it in the corners, etc. I was in love! When everyone dumped their 750's for 1k's in 2001, that's when I bought my first "nice" bike, a 2000 GSXR 750, and I've just loved the Suzukis ever since. The 600/750/1k parts interchangability was nice, and it meant parts were constantly available on Ebay if needed. I've owned bikes from all the major 4 companies, and for some reason I always seem to have a Suzuki around the house! Although I have got to say, the fastest bike I've owned has got to be my 2004 Kawasaki ZX10R. I'm still waiting for the used 05-06 GSXR 1k's to come down in price, as that will be my next bike! I've never bought anything new, but I don't mind buying last year's washed-up has-been bike when everyone has to run out and buy the latest 07-08 bike that has 1 or 3 more HP than the other! lol
post #9 of 703 (permalink) Old 09-21-2007, 01:42 PM Thread Starter
Crash Test Dummy

I'm searching for my next bike. I'll be getting a "nice" bike at the begining of next year. I really miss my old R1 it was a really nice bike except for 2nd gear was gone. Other than that issue it was a gem. My current bike? A POS........

I can't decide what I want for a new bike though. It's hard. Inline; 600 or 1000? V-twin Sportbike; RC51 or new Buell 1125R or Used Ducati?

post #10 of 703 (permalink) Old 09-21-2007, 01:56 PM
\(_o)/

If you come to dallas again, you can ride my r1 around for a while if you want.

post #11 of 703 (permalink) Old 09-21-2007, 02:29 PM
Rolling with the homies

So where are the pics JC?

2008 Lincoln MKZ
1995 Mustang GT Convertible
2002 F-150 SuperCrew

1995 Ford Taurus SHO
2003 Yamaha R6

post #12 of 703 (permalink) Old 09-21-2007, 03:29 PM Thread Starter
Crash Test Dummy

Quote:
Originally Posted by evil jose
So where are the pics JC?
I didn't take any. That was always your job.

post #13 of 703 (permalink) Old 09-21-2007, 03:33 PM Thread Starter
Crash Test Dummy

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbecX
If you come to dallas again, you can ride my r1 around for a while if you want.

PM me your number. The most I would see of a R1 was when I'd turn around at MSR to see Bottlerocket behind me trying to keep up with a R6

post #14 of 703 (permalink) Old 09-21-2007, 03:40 PM
\(_o)/

its the same bike btw that is in that picture

post #15 of 703 (permalink) Old 09-21-2007, 03:50 PM
still here

Quote:
oh, I think they're good bikes. but I get tired of hearing so many kids out there all the time saying they want a "gixxer" or "gixter" (as I sometimes hear) and when I ask why they say "cause my friend has one". And I hear that all the time. They won't say they want it for any technical reasons, just that they want it cause their bud has one. was up here at the shop talking to a guy about a zx6r and he said he'd probably go with the gsxr since bud has one. hell, I even asked him if he knew any differences between the 2 bikes that made him like that one more and he couldn't even tell me.

'08 CSRT-4
'06 Yamaha FZ1
post #16 of 703 (permalink) Old 09-21-2007, 03:56 PM Thread Starter
Crash Test Dummy

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbecX
its the same bike btw that is in that picture
Oh.....it's slow around curves.

post #17 of 703 (permalink) Old 09-21-2007, 03:57 PM Thread Starter
Crash Test Dummy

Quote:
Originally Posted by 89stangGT
oh, I think they're good bikes. but I get tired of hearing so many kids out there all the time saying they want a "gixxer" or "gixter" (as I sometimes hear) and when I ask why they say "cause my friend has one". And I hear that all the time. They won't say they want it for any technical reasons, just that they want it cause their bud has one. was up here at the shop talking to a guy about a zx6r and he said he'd probably go with the gsxr since bud has one. hell, I even asked him if he knew any differences between the 2 bikes that made him like that one more and he couldn't even tell me.
I was kinda sleepin on Hondas but after really getting up close to one and looking at it.......I'll go take a good look at one when I'm ready to write a check out.

post #18 of 703 (permalink) Old 09-21-2007, 07:02 PM
OC
Lifer

Quote:
I'm searching for my next bike. I'll be getting a "nice" bike at the begining of next year. I really miss my old R1 it was a really nice bike except for 2nd gear was gone. Other than that issue it was a gem. My current bike? A POS........

I can't decide what I want for a new bike though. It's hard. Inline; 600 or 1000? V-twin Sportbike; RC51 or new Buell 1125R or Used Ducati?
I am thinking VTX1300, or a Mean Streak

Have you seen the video on that Buell yet? I was at the Harley dealer in Atlanta and the manager was trying to tell me I needed to get one when they came out.
post #19 of 703 (permalink) Old 09-21-2007, 08:19 PM
OLD SCHOOL crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by OC

Have you seen the video on that Buell yet? I was at the Harley dealer in Atlanta and the manager was trying to tell me I needed to get one when they came out.
You talking about the new 1425 or something like that? Supposed to have around 145hp, which is still way down on peak numbers compared to the jap 1Ks, but it *should* have a lot of area under the curve. I would love to ride one and see what it's like.

Buy my 98 Civic 5spd - New A/C $2250 over 40mpg on the [email protected]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean88gt
I want to live as an outlaw, or what used to be called a Free American.
Quote:
Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone. The people themselves, therefore, are its only safe depositories. And to render even them safe, their minds must be improved to a certain degree." --Thomas Jefferson
post #20 of 703 (permalink) Old 09-21-2007, 08:29 PM
OLD SCHOOL crew

Quote:
I was kinda sleepin on Hondas but after really getting up close to one and looking at it.......I'll go take a good look at one when I'm ready to write a check out.
It probably won't be ready for awhile, but I picked up an 07 1Krr a little while back. Fairly ez fix, but I want to do something special for this one. It won't likely be rolling until January, but if you're in Dallas then, you're welcome to ride it.

I've flipped liter bikes, but I've never had one as a personal bike. I've never felt the need as I don't feel like I get near the maximum out of a 600, even after 8 years of experience. However, I feel like it's time to build something custom/trick. I've always thought it was foolish to sink too much money into a 600 because by the time you've bought a power commander, filter, full exhaust, other mods (damper, gearing, stainless lines, rear sets, etc.) and had it tuned you've spent more money than you would to buy a liter and you are still down A LOT of power. For this 1K I want to do some custom paint, lots of powder coated parts, aftermarket wheels etc. At this rate I'll never have a fast car LOL.

Quote:
Quote:
Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone. The people themselves, therefore, are its only safe depositories. And to render even them safe, their minds must be improved to a certain degree." --Thomas Jefferson
post #21 of 703 (permalink) Old 09-21-2007, 11:51 PM
still here

Quote:
Originally Posted by OC

if you want a Mean Streak I can work ya a deal on one.

'08 CSRT-4
'06 Yamaha FZ1
post #22 of 703 (permalink) Old 09-22-2007, 10:47 AM Thread Starter
Crash Test Dummy

Quote:
Originally Posted by HobieF3
You talking about the new 1425 or something like that? Supposed to have around 145hp, which is still way down on peak numbers compared to the jap 1Ks, but it *should* have a lot of area under the curve. I would love to ride one and see what it's like.

It's the 1125R (146hp/84ftlbs), liquid cooled V-twin. Looks good and should put 130 to the rear wheel and redline at 10.5k. My 00R1 put down 133rwhp......so I'd be cool with the Buell plus it would be nice to ride something unique that could still hang around with the jap literbikes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EzkRAbfHI6M

post #23 of 703 (permalink) Old 09-22-2007, 10:50 AM Thread Starter
Crash Test Dummy

http://motorcycles.about.com/od/newb...1125R-Gallery/

post #24 of 703 (permalink) Old 09-22-2007, 02:03 PM
Sir Clavin

Quote:
Funny you mention some shit like that. My friends cousin apparently knows some stunters, and he wants to get a bike. He asked me what I rode.. and when I told him an R1 he kinda smirked and acted like it was a pile of shit. Of course when I asked him what he planned on getting, he said a ZX10 or GIXXER 1000.
post #25 of 703 (permalink) Old 09-22-2007, 03:57 PM
OLD SCHOOL crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by [CS]ls1haha
Funny you mention some shit like that. My friends cousin apparently knows some stunters, and he wants to get a bike. He asked me what I rode.. and when I told him an R1 he kinda smirked and acted like it was a pile of shit. Of course when I asked him what he planned on getting, he said a ZX10 or GIXXER 1000.
No one stunts either of those bikes, must hang around some really knowledgeable riders lol.

Quote:
Quote:
post #26 of 703 (permalink) Old 09-23-2007, 10:42 AM
OC
Lifer

Quote:
if you want a Mean Streak I can work ya a deal on one.

Thanks, I gotta pay the Busa off first.....but I will keep that in mind!
post #27 of 703 (permalink) Old 09-27-2007, 05:50 PM

2008 GSX-R 600 *Today's debut in Paris*

post #28 of 703 (permalink) Old 09-27-2007, 05:51 PM

post #29 of 703 (permalink) Old 09-27-2007, 05:55 PM
Say What?

I'll take the red-orange-ish one..the white n silver..has too much white. but i like the bikes overall.
post #30 of 703 (permalink) Old 09-27-2007, 05:55 PM
Full tilt boogie !!

The blue/white with blue rims is very sexual.

**SKAGG NASTY** Just another 9 second street car.

post #31 of 703 (permalink) Old 09-27-2007, 06:08 PM

The white shit is sexy as fuck.
post #32 of 703 (permalink) Old 09-27-2007, 06:15 PM
OLD SCHOOL crew

Quote:
Hells yeah - I like the new head light, I didn't care for the current model. Looks like the same mechanicals with a mild face lift.

It pisses me off that they didn't do away with the multi-part bodywork. That's what Honda got oh so wrong in the mid 90's. Tabs break over time with mild mechanical work, never mind parking lot drops, or worse, actually laying the bike down. I *think* the theory behind it is for you to be able to replace smaller parts when you just scratch/crack something mildly, but it seems to work out to be more expensive for most people/impacts/situations.

Quote:
Quote:
post #33 of 703 (permalink) Old 09-27-2007, 06:17 PM
OLD SCHOOL crew

I would make what little is blue on the wht/slvr/blu bike black, that machine has some potential. Hope they got the frame snapping issue taken care of.

Quote:
Quote:
post #34 of 703 (permalink) Old 09-27-2007, 06:19 PM
lol, this place sucks now

sick
post #35 of 703 (permalink) Old 09-27-2007, 06:28 PM
Custome Title Goes Here

that is the best looking suzuki i have ever seen! i love the white/silver combo!

post #36 of 703 (permalink) Old 09-27-2007, 06:33 PM
Insane In The Membrane

i'll take it

On a mission for commission
post #37 of 703 (permalink) Old 09-27-2007, 09:39 PM

the whole "pieced-together" bodywork will be mangled as soon as one tab breaks anywhere. you would think that these engineers would learn from past mistakes. the new 10-r is the same way.
post #38 of 703 (permalink) Old 09-27-2007, 09:40 PM

and once again, that headlight is hideous...almost as bad as the 10-r.
post #39 of 703 (permalink) Old 09-27-2007, 09:48 PM
Vikings are next!

Nice..

02 GT
X-pipe and flows

post #40 of 703 (permalink) Old 09-27-2007, 10:05 PM
Time Served

Is it me, or is the front tire on the blue and white one mounted wrong?
post #41 of 703 (permalink) Old 09-27-2007, 10:21 PM
WRECKIN' BALL BITCHES!

Location: listening to the box of excuses why fourteen3s million dollar car wont run a number...
Quote:

no sht! im horny as fuck now!!!!
post #42 of 703 (permalink) Old 09-27-2007, 10:28 PM

F**king GXSR's SUCK eveybody in the world has one out here in Cali i swear every Marine goes out and buys one, i cant take it anymore LOL
post #43 of 703 (permalink) Old 09-27-2007, 11:13 PM
OLD SCHOOL crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by GotTorque?
Is it me, or is the front tire on the blue and white one mounted wrong?
Sharp eyes! I have a story about this, I'll post it later.

Quote:
Quote:
post #44 of 703 (permalink) Old 09-27-2007, 11:26 PM
Yea Im fat, but ur ugly!

wow, just wow
post #45 of 703 (permalink) Old 09-28-2007, 05:30 AM
老师

oh man....i'm really diggin on the one in the first and second pics... that's sexy as HELL!!!
post #46 of 703 (permalink) Old 09-28-2007, 07:18 AM
Time Served

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshstang
I'll take the red-orange-ish one..the white n silver..has too much white. but i like the bikes overall.
dido

2003 Black Mach 1 < FOR SALE
post #47 of 703 (permalink) Old 09-28-2007, 07:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueLT1SS
that is the best looking suzuki i have ever seen! i love the white/silver combo!
me too
post #48 of 703 (permalink) Old 09-28-2007, 12:32 PM
Merry HoHo

Quote:
Originally Posted by black89GT
dido

.(OBAMA) One Big Ass Mistake America
post #49 of 703 (permalink) Old 09-28-2007, 12:34 PM
Time Served

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNEAKY

lol

2008 Chevy Tahoe
2006 Kawasaki ZX6R
post #50 of 703 (permalink) Old 09-28-2007, 12:39 PM
Merry HoHo

Quote:
Originally Posted by GREENMAN
lol
is she into sport bikes? maybe her song "White Flag" is talking about the last lap or something.

.(OBAMA) One Big Ass Mistake America
Sponsored Links
Advertisement