SOB! They almost got me last night! - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 562 (permalink) Old 02-16-2006, 11:37 AM Thread Starter
Rolling with the homies

Angry SOB! They almost got me last night!

Yup, my bike almost got stolen last night

So we get off from work last night at 11pm and everybody on my crew wanted to grab a beer and some wings. So we head down to the Buffalo Wild Wings in Grapevine off of 114 and William D Tate. I had a couple of beers, probably hung out there a totally of 1.5 hour, and was heading out the door about 1am.

I see this guy standing next to my bike talking on the cell phone, didn't think nothing much of it because a car is parked next to my bike and I'm thinking it's his car and he's just pacing around it and was checking out my bike. As I start getting closer he turns and looks up at me sorta surprised, obviously it's my bike because of the jacket and helmet. He starts walking away but the alarm bell hadn't quite turned on in my head. I sit my helmet down on my seat and go to turn on the bike, nada. Odd.... no way my battery could be dead. Take the keys out and put them back in and turn again. No lights, nothing. RED ALERT! I turn around looking for that guy and he's on the opposite side of the building from me by now looking directly at me. We make brief eye contact and then he hauls ass. I left my key in the ignition and all my gear there and run around the corner, nothing again. FUCK!

Run inside and grab my friends and one of them calls the cops. We combed the parking lot but didn't see anything. I remember when he ran around the corner I saw the corner lights on an F-150 light up briefly, like when I lock the doors with the remote. So I start looking in that truck thinking it's his and that he locked the doors as he was running off.

Cops show up within 5 minutes, damn I've gotta admit the Grapevine cops are efficient. No less than 3 squad cars. They circled around a few times but they said that whoever it was is probably long gone. I mentioned the F-150 and what I saw about the lights as the guy ran around the corner. I thought they were going to blow me off but they went and ran the plates and went to the Denny's next door and found the owner. Pure luck I guess, the guy had just pulled up and went next door to eat. He came out and I saw him and realized it wasn't the same guy.

Anyway, the thief had cut the wires coming under the triple for the ingnition attempting to hot wire it. Don't think he would have been sucessful because even after we attached all the wires back together we still had no power. I'm thinking it's probably a blown fuse. We couldn't get the bike started so I had t call and wake up a buddy of mine to get my truck and trailer and come pick me up. It was a long drive home, didn't get in until 5am which sucked because I had to be at work at 9am. Wound up calling the job saying I wouldn't be in until 1:30pm and sleeping in

Anyway, this seriously has me thinking about bike security. Sucks that this happened where I thought it would be fairly safe but goes to show that you give a thief any sort of oppurtunity they will take it.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	02162006.jpg
Views:	514
Size:	86.3 KB
ID:	59833  

2008 Lincoln MKZ
1995 Mustang GT Convertible
2002 F-150 SuperCrew

1995 Ford Taurus SHO
2003 Yamaha R6

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 562 (permalink) Old 02-16-2006, 11:40 AM

That sucks, I hate theives.
post #3 of 562 (permalink) Old 02-16-2006, 11:45 AM
Raiden Wins

Damn, thats good to hear about the Cops though. Its good to hear about Cops doing their job well.

post #4 of 562 (permalink) Old 02-16-2006, 11:58 AM

Danm man. i wish you woulda cought this guy! Good thing you walked out when you did though!
~mike
post #5 of 562 (permalink) Old 02-16-2006, 12:05 PM
Packin' up...

Wow... i'm really close to you and was thinking about going up there last night. I'm sure you heard my obnoxious drunk friends yelling at each other.

I'm glad that guy didn't get your bike... but on a side note drinking and riding is not a good idea.
post #6 of 562 (permalink) Old 02-16-2006, 12:16 PM
Arbeit Macht Frei

Damn, that was a close call, glad he didnt get it, too bad they didnt catch the bastard though...

Never thought car theft was an issue around there, since its usually pretty busy..

"Wealth Dies, Kinsman Die, A man himself must likewise die; But word-fame, Never dies, For him who achieves it well"
-Hávamál-

post #7 of 562 (permalink) Old 02-16-2006, 12:18 PM
Time Served

Bike

Jose that was close!

Do your handle bars lock? I lock mine all the time even in Starbucks. Does anyone use the locks that go through the brake rotors?
I have seen a guy do that at a bar once on a cruiser. It was real quick, he did it with one hand.

How well do they work? if at all?

Randy
post #8 of 562 (permalink) Old 02-16-2006, 12:26 PM
Punk Ass Newbie

I saw this thread and had to comment, I have never had a bike but....I go to school at UNT where they have had plenty of problems with this. Something I've always wondered is do they usually hotwire them, or do they just pick them up or what? Not looking to get into this line of work, just curious.
post #9 of 562 (permalink) Old 02-16-2006, 12:27 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by likeitfast55
Jose that was close!

Do your handle bars lock? I lock mine all the time even in Starbucks. Does anyone use the locks that go through the brake rotors?
I have seen a guy do that at a bar once on a cruiser. It was real quick, he did it with one hand.

How well do they work? if at all?

Randy
x2 i would like to know. how well would an alarm work. i know that clifford(as well as others) make alarms that alert a "pager" on your key chain. how well would this work on a bike or are there specific kits for bikes?
post #10 of 562 (permalink) Old 02-16-2006, 12:33 PM
Call me Daddy

If you had kept drinking i would have made it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topwater
oso, whatever dude.
I caught enough bullshit from my wife about how dumb it was. In fact I'm still catching shit. It happened , it's over, go dig your squirrelly sister up and fuck her in the ass you googley eyed fuckstick.
post #11 of 562 (permalink) Old 02-16-2006, 12:45 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michaelb303
That sucks, I hate theives.
x2 and glad they did not take it.
post #12 of 562 (permalink) Old 02-16-2006, 12:50 PM

Fuckin bastards!!! I can't wait to shoot one of those little piece of shit low life goat fucking crack head mother bitches!!! Glad you didn't get it stolen Jose!

The night of the Stuper Bowl, me, Christy, and the kids were at this Italian joint eating, and i was staring right at my bike the whole time. Well, i see this guy walking thru the parking lot talking on his cell, turn, walk over to my bike, and start checking it out. Well, my back pack is right underneath me with my Glock in it. So then, i see this white Ford truck pull up, and the guy walks over there and starts talking to him. Ok, safety off!! Then, the truck drives off, and the guy walks off. Man, my trigger finger was twitching baaaad!!
post #13 of 562 (permalink) Old 02-16-2006, 12:51 PM
Call me Daddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbrjames
Fuckin bastards!!! I can't wait to shoot one of those little piece of shit low life goat fucking crack head mother bitches!!! Glad you didn't get it stolen Jose!

The night of the Stuper Bowl, me, Christy, and the kids were at this Italian joint eating, and i was staring right at my bike the whole time. Well, i see this guy walking thru the parking lot talking on his cell, turn, walk over to my bike, and start checking it out. Well, my back pack is right underneath me with my Glock in it. So then, i see this white Ford truck pull up, and the guy walks over there and starts talking to him. Ok, safety off!! Then, the truck drives off, and the guy walks off. Man, my trigger finger was twitching baaaad!!

im callin bullshit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topwater
oso, whatever dude.
I caught enough bullshit from my wife about how dumb it was. In fact I'm still catching shit. It happened , it's over, go dig your squirrelly sister up and fuck her in the ass you googley eyed fuckstick.
post #14 of 562 (permalink) Old 02-16-2006, 12:56 PM
#1 Howard Stern fan

Ask anyone that rides with me, I NEVER park or leave it where it's not in plain view for me.....but it will only take you this one time like it took me with the garage being broke into........you will be seriously overly cautious from this point on, I am.
post #15 of 562 (permalink) Old 02-16-2006, 01:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kustom
im callin bullshit!
Are you still here?
post #16 of 562 (permalink) Old 02-16-2006, 01:01 PM
老师

jose, what did he look like. ill keep an eye out for him seeing as how i live and work near there.
post #17 of 562 (permalink) Old 02-16-2006, 01:04 PM
Pilgrim

man that sucks, glad you still have your bike though, I always try to park my vehicles to where I can keep an eye on them while I am inside...
post #18 of 562 (permalink) Old 02-16-2006, 01:26 PM
Hired Hand

Damn, that balsy trying to jack it from a parking lot like that. I always try to sit where I can see it if I ride somewhere. I'm glad you saw him Jose.

Raven 2006 Yamaha R6S

"If it has horsepower or tits you're gonna have trouble with it eventually..."
post #19 of 562 (permalink) Old 02-16-2006, 02:29 PM
Lifer

When i get a alarm im going to go buy Lojack.

But i have Full Coverage on my bike, and mine pays the balance off if stolen or so State Farm says.

05 Yamaha R6- Not stock anymore
90 Eagle Talon TSi- Yeah it's slow
post #20 of 562 (permalink) Old 02-16-2006, 02:40 PM
Pimp Juice ca. 1997

Sorry to hear about the "close encounter", Evil one, but at least you still have your bike....

Quote:
Well, my back pack is right underneath me with my Glock in it. So then, i see this white Ford truck pull up, and the guy walks over there and starts talking to him. Ok, safety off!! Then, the truck drives off, and the guy walks off. Man, my trigger finger was twitching baaaad!!
I call bullshit too. Glocks don't have a safety.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 01WhiteCobra
God bless you Roscoe and all you do for humanity and this board in particular.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOOSTED32V
You know Roscoe, I used to think that you were some 16 yr.old punk with a speech impediment, but now I want you to marry one of my daughters ...'H'
post #21 of 562 (permalink) Old 02-16-2006, 02:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roscoe
Sorry to hear about the "close encounter", Evil one, but at least you still have your bike....

I call bullshit too. Glocks don't have a safety.
Mine does! Its the trigger mod!
post #22 of 562 (permalink) Old 02-16-2006, 04:16 PM
Time Served

Quote:

+1

Sorry MF SOB thieves!
Maybe not lead but wouldn't think twice about a load of rock salt in a 12ga !!!

Old & Slow But Still Having Fun at 57 !

Last edited by lwk2; 02-16-2006 at 04:34 PM.
post #23 of 562 (permalink) Old 02-16-2006, 04:20 PM
Lifer

That sucks Jose! Did you have your heat with you?

CANADIANS = DOUCHERS

post #24 of 562 (permalink) Old 02-16-2006, 04:28 PM
Crash Test Dummy

dang

post #25 of 562 (permalink) Old 02-16-2006, 04:34 PM
Vikings are next!

Damn man, that sucks....good thing you came out on time..

02 GT
X-pipe and flows

post #26 of 562 (permalink) Old 02-16-2006, 04:37 PM
Time Served

same exact thing happend to me a year ago. it blew the main fuse, but was otherwise ok.

when you get your new ignition, you can take the plug off where it goes into the main harness and slide some -6AN braided line over the wires so they can't cut it again. leave just enough room so the connector to go on, and make sure you use some sort of fitting so the frayed edges don't rub the wires. i did it to mine and it worked out pretty good. only downside is that it was a tight fit how it was routed and made it harder to lock the steering head.
post #27 of 562 (permalink) Old 02-16-2006, 05:41 PM
Lifer

damn Jose sorry to hear but glad that son of a BITCH diddnt get it... To bad you could catch him to beat the living shit of him

Quote:
Originally Posted by redheadintx
Agreed! My husband is tall, average, and SEXY!
post #28 of 562 (permalink) Old 02-16-2006, 10:09 PM
Horsepower Extractor

Fucking thieves!! I want to stomp on their heads until jelly comes out!!!
post #29 of 562 (permalink) Old 02-17-2006, 01:23 AM
Formerly 5.0Vert

Quote:
Originally Posted by the spindoctor
same exact thing happend to me a year ago. it blew the main fuse, but was otherwise ok.

when you get your new ignition, you can take the plug off where it goes into the main harness and slide some -6AN braided line over the wires so they can't cut it again. leave just enough room so the connector to go on, and make sure you use some sort of fitting so the frayed edges don't rub the wires. i did it to mine and it worked out pretty good. only downside is that it was a tight fit how it was routed and made it harder to lock the steering head.
sounds like a good idea.

Glad you noticed in time. Fuckin SOBs need to rot in hell. Can't even work for their own shit.

post #30 of 562 (permalink) Old 02-17-2006, 08:34 AM
Custome Title Goes Here

Quote:
did all three of you ride up there on your bike?

post #31 of 562 (permalink) Old 02-17-2006, 08:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueLT1SS
did all three of you ride up there on your bike?
All FOUR of us! And yes, we did
post #32 of 562 (permalink) Old 02-17-2006, 09:10 AM
Time Served

HEy I got a quick question......... In TX, if you see someone messing with your bike in a parking lot, are you ALLOWED to beat the shit out of them or only enough to subdue them? Or are you even allowed to subdue them?
Out of randomness, are you allowed to shoot them with a paintball gun?

JUST WONDERING.....I hate theives

1988 Mustang GT
post #33 of 562 (permalink) Old 02-17-2006, 09:13 AM
Lifer

wtf... our shit ain't safe anywhere anymore... I've been to that place and thats the last place I would expect it to get stolen from... you would think theres too much traffic...

Quote:
Originally Posted by That_Is_My_El_Camino View Post
Idiocracy: it's here. We're fucked.
post #34 of 562 (permalink) Old 02-17-2006, 12:35 PM
Banned

Man that buffalo wild wings always has thieves lurking, A guy I used to work with had his truck broken into and 2k worth of car audio stolen while he was inside eating. But glad your bike didnt get stolen, Guess it's time for the lojack.
post #35 of 562 (permalink) Old 02-17-2006, 04:37 PM Thread Starter
Rolling with the homies

Sorry I haven't responded to this thread yet, just been a little busy with work. Anyway, haven't checked to see if it was a fuse or not (just haven't had the time). Hell the bike is still on my trailer. But I'll check it out this weekend.

Thanks the spindoctor, I may look into that.

As far as the description, I don't have a good one as I wasn't paying real close attention to him. Like I said, things didn't click until I tried to start my bike up. I've never had any problems with that area but just goes to show that you are not safe anywhere.

2008 Lincoln MKZ
2002 F-150 SuperCrew

1995 Ford Taurus SHO
2003 Yamaha R6

post #36 of 562 (permalink) Old 02-17-2006, 04:51 PM
Meeeeooowww

I'm surprised you didn't draw down on the piece of shit.

Glad you at least ran him off.

post #37 of 562 (permalink) Old 02-17-2006, 06:17 PM

Freaking thieves!!! I'm glad you walked out and he didn't walk away with your bike. I get made cuz I have a bike but I am scared to ride it anywhere that I will have to leave it outside without a clear line of sight to it.

I hope he tries to steal someone's stuff and gets caught and killed. Would serve him right.
post #38 of 562 (permalink) Old 02-17-2006, 06:41 PM
Time Served

Does anyone know the answer to this?

In TX, if you see someone messing with your bike in a parking lot, are you ALLOWED to beat the shit out of them or only enough to subdue them? Or are you even allowed to subdue them?
Also wondering, are you allowed to shoot them with a paintball gun?

1988 Mustang GT
post #39 of 562 (permalink) Old 02-17-2006, 07:20 PM

DAMN man sounds like he knew what he was doin, glad u came out in time. By the way all you had to do was switch the main fuses under the seat bc it has a spare next to the main and ride right home. Let me know if you need any advice to fix it or i can put a theft kill switch hidden on your bike for ya.
post #40 of 562 (permalink) Old 02-17-2006, 10:30 PM
Time Served

Damn man that sucks. I live right down 121 from there and visit often. Hope they catch the bastard.
post #41 of 562 (permalink) Old 02-17-2006, 10:49 PM
Time Served

Quote:
come on, do you really think they're going to let you just beat the shit out of someone based on suspiscion? If you see someone actually stealing your shit you can bust them up and call the cops, but you can't make them bite the curb or anything.

'89 convertible with a few things done
post #42 of 562 (permalink) Old 02-17-2006, 10:58 PM
Time Served

Quote:
Originally Posted by 89"5.0
DAMN man sounds like he knew what he was doin, glad u came out in time. By the way all you had to do was switch the main fuses under the seat bc it has a spare next to the main and ride right home. Let me know if you need any advice to fix it or i can put a theft kill switch hidden on your bike for ya.

think about it. would still def. get a lojack system ,cause if they really want it they'll just load it up in a truck happened to a few friends like that. glad to see you didn't lose your ride
post #43 of 562 (permalink) Old 02-17-2006, 11:51 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by speed3000gt

In TX, if you see someone messing with your bike in a parking lot, are you ALLOWED to beat the shit out of them or only enough to subdue them? Or are you even allowed to subdue them?

If its at night you can use up to deadly force to prevent someone from stealing your vehicle. Its in the Texas penal code but I dont remember what sub section it is in.

And for those of you wondering if the small wheel locks that slip through the rotor are very easy to remove.All it takes is a screw driver.
Most theives take the whole bike and throw it in a van or the back of a truck instead of trying to hotwire it.

Jose if you need any help getting it running let me know. It would only cost you a few beers
post #44 of 562 (permalink) Old 02-18-2006, 09:05 AM
Time Served

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephen4785

And for those of you wondering if the small wheel locks that slip through the rotor are very easy to remove.All it takes is a screw driver.
What about the disc locks with the alarm built in.... is there a way to turn off the sound on those? Even if they take it off, atleast that loud stinging sound will be heard and maybe scare them off.
post #45 of 562 (permalink) Old 02-18-2006, 01:28 PM

They still have ways around lojack, for someone that knows what there doin it is not worth it.
post #46 of 562 (permalink) Old 02-18-2006, 02:32 PM
Time Served

Quote:
Originally Posted by speed3000gt

I heard you might be allowed to mark them for future identification. (sarcasm)
I was thinking a Whale Harpoon would make a good marking device.(sarcasm)
Of course marking to the face is probably not allowed. (sarcasm)

Old & Slow But Still Having Fun at 57 !
post #47 of 562 (permalink) Old 02-18-2006, 04:14 PM
Lifer

Glad to hear you came outside in time. Most aren't so lucky.
post #48 of 562 (permalink) Old 02-18-2006, 05:05 PM
Recovering Lush

fucking dirtbag thief

Quote:
Originally Posted by oso
it only takes two guys to steal a bike.

one in the truck to lift up the front and guide it into the truck bed, and one to lift up the rear and push it into the truck bed. then you just lay it on it's side and drive off.

color=#606060]
Quote:
"The Father-heart of God was... thrilled with me -- an immature, mess-making spiritual infant... My heavenly Father was enjoying me while I was yet in the process of maturing, not sighing in disgust and waiting impatiently until I grew up. He loved and longed for me; He felt proud and was excited over me while I was falling short."
Quote:
Mike Bickle

[

Sober By Grace Ministries: A Ministry of The James 2:26 Project
[size=1]Where New Beginnings Start
www.soberbygrace.org
post #49 of 562 (permalink) Old 02-18-2006, 08:40 PM Thread Starter
Rolling with the homies

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephen4785
If its at night you can use up to deadly force to prevent someone from stealing your vehicle. Its in the Texas penal code but I dont remember what sub section it is in.

Most theives take the whole bike and throw it in a van or the back of a truck instead of trying to hotwire it.

Jose if you need any help getting it running let me know. It would only cost you a few beers
Deadly force can be used but I would seriously take into consideration the aftermath. Grand jury, lawyer fees, possible law suit, etc.

Stephen, I'll defintely give you a holler man. Damn cold weather

2008 Lincoln MKZ
2002 F-150 SuperCrew

1995 Ford Taurus SHO
2003 Yamaha R6

post #50 of 562 (permalink) Old 03-30-2006, 12:35 PM
Hmmm

Polished Frame

Is the best way to polish the frame to use oven cleaner? Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement