2005 zx-6r - DFWstangs Forums
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 870 (permalink) Old 01-30-2006, 09:37 PM Thread Starter
Punk Ass Newbie
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: The Darkness
Posts: 89
2005 zx-6r

Just got some pics up of my newest toy.

Blown 00 GT, 475 rwhp.
1KwikGT is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 870 (permalink) Old 01-30-2006, 09:40 PM
10% Real Fruit Juice
 
TonyMCev's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Marshall, TX
Posts: 2,549
nice ride bro. invest in some gear and wear it...
TonyMCev is offline  
post #3 of 870 (permalink) Old 01-30-2006, 09:41 PM
PVC Racing
 
musclestang89's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: DFW
Posts: 9,779
sweet looken bike, I love the color.

"Less talkie talkie more ping pong"
musclestang89 is offline  
 
post #4 of 870 (permalink) Old 01-30-2006, 09:45 PM
gear jammer
 
bucky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: out west
Posts: 2,373
Nice, that color looks good on all the new sportbikes.

Live..ride..dream


1998 Suzuki TL1000
1983 HD FXSB
bucky is offline  
post #5 of 870 (permalink) Old 01-30-2006, 10:11 PM
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 0
I like the way they look. but not very good for stunting. rode one yesterday and didnt like the way that it stabalized when doing wheelies.
2002gxsr is offline  
post #6 of 870 (permalink) Old 01-30-2006, 10:15 PM
gear jammer
 
bucky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: out west
Posts: 2,373
Whats the sticker on the frame?Almost looks like an inspection sticker.

Live..ride..dream


1998 Suzuki TL1000
1983 HD FXSB
bucky is offline  
post #7 of 870 (permalink) Old 01-30-2006, 10:17 PM
Taliban can SUCK IT!
 
Whitesmoke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Plano
Posts: 3,145
Quote:
Originally Posted by bucky
Whats the sticker on the frame?Almost looks like an inspection sticker.
probably is, i dont see a fender in the back just a plate. i was thinking the same thing



Whitesmoke is offline  
post #8 of 870 (permalink) Old 01-30-2006, 10:19 PM
gear jammer
 
bucky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: out west
Posts: 2,373
If it is, get rid of it.

Live..ride..dream


1998 Suzuki TL1000
1983 HD FXSB
bucky is offline  
post #9 of 870 (permalink) Old 01-30-2006, 10:22 PM
VTEC not VTECH
 
TurboASR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Dallas
Posts: 1,002
Thumbs up

Nice

-Viet


2000 CIVIC Si FBP Parting out (04/16/06)
1997 CIVIC DX hatch VMS B18c1 SOLD
1988 Mustang GT SOLD
2001 Kawasaki ZX6-R Lowered and Straped SOLD
1989 CR-X BY B16a SOLD
1999 CIVIC DX DAP hatch B18c1 STOLEN
TurboASR is offline  
post #10 of 870 (permalink) Old 01-31-2006, 12:29 AM
I'm callin you out!
 
Super Coupe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Greenville
Posts: 14,447
Sweet bike!
Super Coupe is offline  
post #11 of 870 (permalink) Old 01-31-2006, 09:41 AM
Lethal Injection
 
blazen 308's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Frisco TX
Posts: 1,396
Niceeeeeeee

"Chef Gear head"
blazen 308 is offline  
post #12 of 870 (permalink) Old 01-31-2006, 02:18 PM
Rolling with the homies
 
evil jose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2000
Location: Oak Cliff... that's my hood...
Posts: 43,271
Very nice and love the color scheme. Just curious but why the 6R and not the 636?




2008 Lincoln MKZ
1995 Mustang GT Convertible
2002 F-150 SuperCrew


1995 Ford Taurus SHO
2003 Yamaha R6

evil jose is offline  
post #13 of 870 (permalink) Old 01-31-2006, 02:55 PM
Lethal Injection
 
blazen 308's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Frisco TX
Posts: 1,396
Its is the 636 look at the front ,it has the 636 sticker

"Chef Gear head"
blazen 308 is offline  
post #14 of 870 (permalink) Old 01-31-2006, 03:13 PM
Crash Test Dummy
 
Monsoon X's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2000
Location: never never land
Posts: 21,966
Quote:
Originally Posted by evil jose
Very nice and love the color scheme. Just curious but why the 6R and not the 636?
Jose, you're thinking about the zx-6RR. The ZX-6R IS a 636

______________________________
I'm just a poor negro
Monsoon X is offline  
post #15 of 870 (permalink) Old 01-31-2006, 03:50 PM
Rolling with the homies
 
evil jose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2000
Location: Oak Cliff... that's my hood...
Posts: 43,271
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monsoon X
Jose, you're thinking about the zx-6RR. The ZX-6R IS a 636
My bad, I didn't see any 636 stickers on it. I couldn't think of any reason why anyone (not racing) would want the 600cc Kawi.




2008 Lincoln MKZ
1995 Mustang GT Convertible
2002 F-150 SuperCrew


1995 Ford Taurus SHO
2003 Yamaha R6

evil jose is offline  
post #16 of 870 (permalink) Old 02-03-2006, 09:56 AM
Hustlin'
 
ScottJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Unknown
Posts: 8,099
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2002gxsr
I like the way they look. but not very good for stunting. rode one yesterday and didnt like the way that it stabalized when doing wheelies.
LOL if you say so, PLENTY oh people are stunting the mess out of that bike, in every way shape and form.

"Jesus has my heart, but Whiskey has my liver" --Jason Boland
ScottJ is offline  
post #17 of 870 (permalink) Old 02-03-2006, 10:36 AM
600 plus a few
 
BottleRocket's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Westchester, the best Chester
Posts: 7,278
Quote:
Originally Posted by evil jose
My bad, I didn't see any 636 stickers on it. I couldn't think of any reason why anyone (not racing) would want the 600cc Kawi.

look just above the front turn signals

Buy my car! https://www.dfwstangs.net/classifieds...product=124819



some people are like slinkies; they're completely useless, but still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.
BottleRocket is offline  
post #18 of 870 (permalink) Old 02-10-2006, 06:59 PM
too many projects!
 
TX21's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: you cant drink all day if you don't start in the morning
Posts: 5,196
Bike thief busted?

Was on the way home after work and saw a black full size ext. cab cheby truck with a ranch hands on both ends pulled over. Police had the guy out with his hands behind his head cuffing him. There was a red mid 80's sport bike on its side not tied down in the back of his truck. No bike rider I know would have just layed his bike down in the back of a truck for any amount of time so that makes me think this guy had to be a thief. It was on 157 in Euless about 5:45.

PHUKET
A coward dies a thousand deaths
A soldier dies but once.
TX21 is offline  
post #19 of 870 (permalink) Old 02-10-2006, 09:59 PM
Merry HoHo
 
SNEAKY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: User Id: 30310 Name: SneakyDaPimp
Posts: 32,791
he will be out tomorow thieving again

.(OBAMA) One Big Ass Mistake America
SNEAKY is offline  
post #20 of 870 (permalink) Old 02-10-2006, 10:02 PM
Lifer
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: ...not afraid to die because I know my true friends will be up in heaven with me.
Posts: 5,205
Quote:
Originally Posted by SNEAKY
he will be out tomorow thieving again
Yep, that's what having money or bail bondsman are good for.
94StangFiveO is offline  
post #21 of 870 (permalink) Old 02-11-2006, 01:43 AM
Moved to dfw mustangs.net
 
lowthreeohz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Hurst-Useless-Bedford area
Posts: 20,572
lol me and james saw that dude walking out of the Euless Yacht Club the other day. I was about to drive over there to see wtf a bike was doing on it's side.. but he and some lady came out to it and left before i could.

weird.
lowthreeohz is offline  
post #22 of 870 (permalink) Old 02-11-2006, 01:15 PM
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 0
what a shitty thief! If he was gonna get busted for stealing something, he shouldve stole something worth some money, instead of a crappy 80's bike.
2002gxsr is offline  
post #23 of 870 (permalink) Old 02-14-2006, 05:39 PM
gear jammer
 
bucky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: out west
Posts: 2,373
So i was right about the new R6's

I said awhile back the 17,500 redline was bullshit and was typical Yamaha hype.
Took a little heat from a few saying i didnt know shit about R6's/R1's.

Oh well....

http://www.r6-forum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=22594

Live..ride..dream


1998 Suzuki TL1000
1983 HD FXSB
bucky is offline  
post #24 of 870 (permalink) Old 02-14-2006, 05:44 PM
gear jammer
 
bucky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: out west
Posts: 2,373
but you never know...it could be BS

Live..ride..dream


1998 Suzuki TL1000
1983 HD FXSB
bucky is offline  
post #25 of 870 (permalink) Old 02-14-2006, 05:49 PM
Lifer
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Red Neck Ville USA
Posts: 1,668
WOW that sucks.... I would return it for the full refund...

Quote:
Originally Posted by redheadintx
Agreed! My husband is tall, average, and SEXY!
perezsteveo is offline  
post #26 of 870 (permalink) Old 02-14-2006, 11:10 PM
600 plus a few
 
BottleRocket's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Westchester, the best Chester
Posts: 7,278
still very fast bikes regardless.

Buy my car! https://www.dfwstangs.net/classifieds...product=124819



some people are like slinkies; they're completely useless, but still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.
BottleRocket is offline  
post #27 of 870 (permalink) Old 02-14-2006, 11:13 PM
Lifer
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: ...not afraid to die because I know my true friends will be up in heaven with me.
Posts: 5,205
Ain't that a bitch.
94StangFiveO is offline  
post #28 of 870 (permalink) Old 02-15-2006, 12:06 AM
Lifer
 
kirbykajin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Nacogdoches/Mesquite
Posts: 1,191
Quote:
Originally Posted by BottleRocket
still very fast bikes regardless.
not quite as fast as they were saying... picked up 4hp over an 05 I think right??

That being said, I would have one if i could afford it. I guess I am one of those people that bought into the hype of this thing, and was a little let down when the real numbers came out. Still a fan though.
kirbykajin is offline  
post #29 of 870 (permalink) Old 02-15-2006, 12:32 AM
Robert Galarga
 
Stephen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 9,255
what are the new ones at now 14-14.5k?

2004 pontiac gtslow
Stephen is offline  
post #30 of 870 (permalink) Old 02-15-2006, 02:56 AM
600 plus a few
 
BottleRocket's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Westchester, the best Chester
Posts: 7,278
Quote:
Originally Posted by kirbykajin
not quite as fast as they were saying... picked up 4hp over an 05 I think right??

That being said, I would have one if i could afford it. I guess I am one of those people that bought into the hype of this thing, and was a little let down when the real numbers came out. Still a fan though.

they gained a little more than that, lost alot of weight, the chassis was refined quite a bit and the suspension and brakes kick ass. ride an 05 and then an 06 and youll see

Buy my car! https://www.dfwstangs.net/classifieds...product=124819



some people are like slinkies; they're completely useless, but still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.
BottleRocket is offline  
post #31 of 870 (permalink) Old 02-15-2006, 07:05 AM
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 72
should of bought a gsxr...lmfao....no complaints here!
arlockstedt is offline  
post #32 of 870 (permalink) Old 02-15-2006, 07:30 AM
600 plus a few
 
BottleRocket's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Westchester, the best Chester
Posts: 7,278
Quote:
Originally Posted by arlockstedt
should of bought a gsxr...lmfao....no complaints here!

right...

Buy my car! https://www.dfwstangs.net/classifieds...product=124819



some people are like slinkies; they're completely useless, but still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.
BottleRocket is offline  
post #33 of 870 (permalink) Old 02-15-2006, 08:30 AM
Lifer
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: ...not afraid to die because I know my true friends will be up in heaven with me.
Posts: 5,205
Quote:
Originally Posted by arlockstedt
should of bought a gsxr...lmfao....no complaints here!
94StangFiveO is offline  
post #34 of 870 (permalink) Old 02-15-2006, 09:00 AM
老师
 
Neiladin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: OKC
Posts: 12,120
Quote:
Originally Posted by arlockstedt
should of bought a gsxr...lmfao....no complaints here!
you're an idiot. probably the only reason you biught a gsxr is because when you had the cash, that was the only name you had heard.
Neiladin is offline  
post #35 of 870 (permalink) Old 02-15-2006, 10:48 AM
Custome Title Goes Here
 
BlueLT1SS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Kaufman, TX
Posts: 2,000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neiladin
you're an idiot. probably the only reason you biught a gsxr is because when you had the cash, that was the only name you had heard.
:rofl:

BlueLT1SS is offline  
post #36 of 870 (permalink) Old 02-15-2006, 02:20 PM
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 0
Quote:
you're an idiot. probably the only reason you biught a gsxr is because when you had the cash, that was the only name you had heard.
Yeah, you actually think that someone new into bikes has head of a gixxer and not an r6 or r1. Theres the same amount of them out there. And the new gxsr are better anyway.
2002gxsr is offline  
post #37 of 870 (permalink) Old 02-15-2006, 03:15 PM
Papa Smurf
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: By the Lake
Posts: 865
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2002gxsr
Yeah, you actually think that someone new into bikes has head of a gixxer and not an r6 or r1. Theres the same amount of them out there. And the new gxsr are better anyway.
I have had them all and this kind of response is typical of a newbie. I like them all. Just get what fits you better and be happy. I do agree that most people buy suzuki because all their friends tell them to buy a gixxer.

My 04 ZX10R would have romped my 06 GSXR1000. The only reason I got a Gixxer was because it just fits me better for my height. My old 2002 R1 beat them all down as far as comfort. My old 03 R6 was just downright fast for a 600.

Bikes I have had.

06 GSXR1000 just got
04 ZX10R - Sold
02 Yamaha R1 - Sold
03 Yamaha R6 - Sold
03 Honda Cruiser - Sold

_____________________________________________



2008 Yamaha V Star 1100 Custom (Weekend Cruiser)
2008 Hyundai Accent (Daily Driver)
2010 Camaro SS (Weekend Warrior)
Garceeya is offline  
post #38 of 870 (permalink) Old 02-15-2006, 03:56 PM
600 plus a few
 
BottleRocket's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Westchester, the best Chester
Posts: 7,278
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2002gxsr
Yeah, you actually think that someone new into bikes has head of a gixxer and not an r6 or r1. Theres the same amount of them out there. And the new gxsr are better anyway.

So have you ridden an '06 R6, '06 6R, '06 600RR and an '06 GSXR600? Because Im very impressed if you have. Otherwise, you are just another ignorant fucking squid who only knows gixxer

Buy my car! https://www.dfwstangs.net/classifieds...product=124819



some people are like slinkies; they're completely useless, but still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.
BottleRocket is offline  
post #39 of 870 (permalink) Old 02-15-2006, 03:58 PM
600 plus a few
 
BottleRocket's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Westchester, the best Chester
Posts: 7,278
And no, I dont think that people NEW into bikes have heard of an R6 or an R1. You wouldnt believe how many people I met that either used to owned, currently own or were about to own a boooosa or gixxer. I mean what the fuck. Every single guy I talked to, whether it be the waiter at Steak n Shake or the cashier at PacSun owned a gixxer or boooooooooooosa. I asked one of them which gixxer and he told me a blue and white one....

Buy my car! https://www.dfwstangs.net/classifieds...product=124819



some people are like slinkies; they're completely useless, but still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.
BottleRocket is offline  
post #40 of 870 (permalink) Old 02-15-2006, 05:18 PM
#1 Howard Stern fan
 
GARS04's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 4,842
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garceeya
I have had them all and this kind of response is typical of a newbie. I like them all. Just get what fits you better and be happy. I do agree that most people buy suzuki because all their friends tell them to buy a gixxer.

My 04 ZX10R would have romped my 06 GSXR1000. The only reason I got a Gixxer was because it just fits me better for my height. My old 2002 R1 beat them all down as far as comfort. My old 03 R6 was just downright fast for a 600.

Bikes I have had.

06 GSXR1000 just got
04 ZX10R - Sold
02 Yamaha R1 - Sold
03 Yamaha R6 - Sold
03 Honda Cruiser - Sold
That 03 R6 was da shiznit, it's just dirty now........haha, j/k Jose.
GARS04 is offline  
post #41 of 870 (permalink) Old 02-15-2006, 05:21 PM
[x] original checkboxer
 
MattB's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2000
Location: Coppell
Posts: 10,836
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2002gxsr
Yeah, you actually think that someone new into bikes has head of a gixxer and not an r6 or r1. Theres the same amount of them out there. And the new gxsr are better anyway.
You do know that it's a GSXR not a gxsr right? Your screen name and posts make me think you don't even own a bike at all.
MattB is offline  
post #42 of 870 (permalink) Old 02-15-2006, 05:45 PM
Lifer
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: ...not afraid to die because I know my true friends will be up in heaven with me.
Posts: 5,205
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattB
You do know that it's a GSXR not a gxsr right? Your screen name and posts make me think you don't even own a bike at all.
GXSR sounds like Gixxer when you try and say it? Ah, fuck it, I'm giving the dumbass newb too much credit!
94StangFiveO is offline  
post #43 of 870 (permalink) Old 02-15-2006, 08:45 PM
#1 Howard Stern fan
 
GARS04's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 4,842
Quote:
Originally Posted by 94StangFiveO
GXSR sounds like Gixxer when you try and say it? Ah, fuck it, I'm giving the dumbass newb too much credit!
Newb? I think he has more time and posts than you......lol
GARS04 is offline  
post #44 of 870 (permalink) Old 02-15-2006, 08:55 PM
Lifer
 
ThreeFingerPete's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Posts: 14,894
Quote:
Originally Posted by GARS04
Newb? I think he has more time and posts than you......lol
He wasn't talking about MattB, he was talking about the idiot with the "GXSR"

ThreeFingerPete is offline  
post #45 of 870 (permalink) Old 02-15-2006, 09:20 PM
#1 Howard Stern fan
 
GARS04's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 4,842
Quote:
Originally Posted by OneBadWagon
He wasn't talking about MattB, he was talking about the idiot with the "GXSR"
oh....... sowwy.
GARS04 is offline  
post #46 of 870 (permalink) Old 02-15-2006, 09:44 PM
Time Served
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Garland, TX
Posts: 734
Quote:
Originally Posted by BottleRocket
they gained a little more than that, lost alot of weight, the chassis was refined quite a bit and the suspension and brakes kick ass. ride an 05 and then an 06 and youll see
you left out the slipper clutch. that almost makes it worthwile right there. i'm sure it'll be a killer bike in the right hands, but i'm sure the big rpm hype was just to make it seem like something totally out of this world. and like always, every newb out there bought into it.
the spindoctor is offline  
post #47 of 870 (permalink) Old 02-15-2006, 10:18 PM
600 plus a few
 
BottleRocket's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Westchester, the best Chester
Posts: 7,278
Quote:
Originally Posted by the spindoctor
you left out the slipper clutch. that almost makes it worthwile right there. i'm sure it'll be a killer bike in the right hands, but i'm sure the big rpm hype was just to make it seem like something totally out of this world. and like always, every newb out there bought into it.

shit, cant believe i forgot the clutch. but trust me, the engine is a whole different beast from the previous design.

Buy my car! https://www.dfwstangs.net/classifieds...product=124819



some people are like slinkies; they're completely useless, but still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.
BottleRocket is offline  
post #48 of 870 (permalink) Old 02-15-2006, 10:31 PM
Time Served
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Garland, TX
Posts: 734
Quote:
Originally Posted by BottleRocket
shit, cant believe i forgot the clutch. but trust me, the engine is a whole different beast from the previous design.
i know its different, i'm just saying it was more of a marketing scam than anything else. remember that one promo vid a while back that showed the bike just screaming way up high? people wanted to jump all over it just to say that the tach reads to 20k rpm. and you can't tell me that through all the extensive pre-production dyno tuning that they didn't figure out it wasn't hitting 17.5k. either that or they were blowing them up so they lowered the limiter. i still doubt that many if any at all will be returned for a refund.
the spindoctor is offline  
post #49 of 870 (permalink) Old 02-15-2006, 10:34 PM
I'm callin you out!
 
Super Coupe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Greenville
Posts: 14,447
I would not want my motor turning 17,500 rpms. 15,500 is enough.
Super Coupe is offline  
post #50 of 870 (permalink) Old 02-15-2006, 10:47 PM
Lifer
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: ...not afraid to die because I know my true friends will be up in heaven with me.
Posts: 5,205
Quote:
Originally Posted by GARS04
oh....... sowwy.
Yeah, so get your facts straight or else!
94StangFiveO is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Bookmarks

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the DFWstangs Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome