Hey Dirt Bike Guys, You Think You Are Tough? - DFWstangs Forums
View Poll Results: Keep my fox or buy the 99 600f4?
1990 LX 5.0(broken) 10 33.33%
99 CBR600F4 20 66.67%
Voters: 30. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 672 (permalink) Old 11-14-2005, 07:26 PM Thread Starter
Merry HoHo

Hey Dirt Bike Guys, You Think You Are Tough?

i went to Red River saturdayt and watched this race, it was insane the things those riders went threw.
http://www.redbulllastmanstanding.com/

http://www.racerxill.com/breakingnew...-standing.aspx

same artical, new pictures
http://dirtbikemagazine.com/detail.asp?id=569

http://www.redbull-photofiles.com/Ph...3204-651472427

this is a post from a local racer

[QUOTE=wheels-off]Here's a report on the race from 12th overall, '04-'05 TORO Champ Steve Leivan.

STEVE LEIVAN

2005 RACE REPORT

EVENT: Red Bull Last Man Standing; Muenster, TX; November 12

RACE BIKE: Yamaha WR250F

RESULT: 12th Overall

RACE INFO: I cannot begin to find enough adjectives to describe what went on at the Red Bull Last Man Standing. Extreme, gnarly, brutal, un-freakin-believable, overwhelming, and many others have been used in my “during” and “post-race” conversations. In the beginning, I was honored to be one of the original “200 toughest riders” selected for the race and now that it is all said and done, I am completely stoked to have been one of just 14 guys who made it to the end. In my career, I have been very fortunate to win many races and championship. Finishing this one event though, ranks extremely high on my list of achievements.

The format for this race was a 40-mile loop, run four times. The first two laps were run in the day and the final two at night, in the opposite direction. The first two laps were run like an “80 mile moto” and then there was a break for service and to make course changes and then another “80 mile moto”. After lap one the field was to be cut to the top 75 riders, the top 50 would start the night portion, and the top 25 would ride the fourth and final lap. The course was incredibly tough with “extreme” sections that almost seemed impossible to negotiate without some luck, help, or outside force. So tough was the course that the rider cuts changed almost immediately.

Red Bull put on a top notch show with announcer Jerry Bernardo doing the play by play out at the “extreme elements” sections, race bibs and Red Bull backgrounds for all of the riders, and made the whole event free to participants and spectators alike. There is so much more to this story, but I’ll get to the race.

We lined up in one long row for what was supposed to be a smoke bomb start. The dry weather and wind didn’t cooperate so they used a cannon (which was equally cool). For the first half-mile or so, there was no marked trail. Just a woods section with a deep ravine that was a ¼ mile wide that you had to find a way to cross. Friday we were allowed a couple of hours to walk the start and I was able to find a slick line that not many people found and I used it to get what felt like a decent start (top 40 I would guess) on my WR250F.

Within three miles, we dropped into a sandy bottom creek bed that went to hell real quick. Bikes were stuck everywhere (mine included) and the smell of burnt clutches filled the air. It seemed like not many guys wanted to wait in line and they just rammed and jammed their way through, only to be stuck and wanting help as well. I got screwed up attempting to climb a waterfall and had to turn around and come back through some of the same ruts I had worked so hard to get through. When I finally got out of that section, there were just two bikes behind me….and I could see for one hundred yards or better. So, I was at the back of the bus.

A guy that I race with some from Iowa, Jamie Driskell, had burnt his clutch up already and he jumped in to help me all the way to the end of the creek. Probably five times, he helped dig me out and lift my bike. He helped save my day. I was able to get by a lot of guys that were stuck or broke down already and we hadn’t gone five miles. I used a lot of energy, but I told myself to just keep plugging away and maybe the race would come back to me.

I caught up to Cole Kirkpatrick who I race against in Texas/Black Jack Enduro events from time to time and he and I adopted the “buddy system” for almost the whole rest of the first lap. We helped each other over the bad hill climbs and through the gnarly rock filled ditches. When we finally got to the back checkpoint (1/3 of the way through lap one) I was in 37th and Cole was 38th. I let him around and he led us up to “Joshua Tree” that may have been the most difficult spot on the track, 17 miles in.

There were spectators EVERYWHERE for the most intense hill climb I have ever tried. I said, “tried”. My first shot resulted in my body going end over end back down the hill until my bike somersaulted down on top of me and pinned me to the ground. The course workers quickly got my bike off of me and I jumped on and coasted to the bottom. Amazingly, the bike was still straight and nothing was broken. My body wasn’t broken either. Cole tried and failed, but he got to a point where he could be helped. I tried again and got to the same place he did and they drug me to the top. Soon we were together again, pushing and shoving.

I kept after it and got through “Texas Stadium” amazingly clean. At the top, Disco Barclay showed me a pit board that said “25th place” and “48 minutes behind the leader”. This was important, since the staff had decided that once a rider dropped to more than one hour behind, he would be pulled off the course. Keep in mind that the first lap wasn’t done yet and that 75 guys were supposed to transfer to lap two. I came into the pits in 21st place after 2 hours and 47 minutes, still 48 minutes down. My crew gassed my bike while I tried to stretch and take on some fluids. I commented that this was the toughest thing I had ever done and within a minute or two I was on my way.

For over three months, I have tried to prepare for this event and told anyone who would listen that I would give this race my maximum. I have had so many people help me in so many different ways prepare for this one race, that I gave my second lap all that I had to try to pay them back for their help, confidence, and support. Cole had problems at the end of lap one which meant that I was alone and having to fend for myself. When I got drug to the top of “Joshua Tree” the second time, I could hear Bernardo on the microphone talking about “12-time Missouri HS Champ” and currently 15th overall. Then I heard my sister’s voice about “he’s 13 time champion, he’s 34, and he ain’t tired”. Well, she had two out of three right. When I got to the top, the workers told me I was 58 minutes back.

I rode and rode and rode and had a pretty clean lap the whole way. I made it through “Texas Stadium”, the “Triple Threat” and the “Waterfall” all relatively clean. I pinned it through the last grass track section and arrived at the checkpoint to hear “you made it…you get to go to the night portion”. I had gone 31 minutes faster my second lap and moved all the way to 12th place, but the pace had worked on me. I headed to the pits for service…..on the bike and body.

They told me I had at least one hour before the re-start so my crew went to work. Dad handled the headlight chores while Zack Bryant bled my rear brakes, Tom Eidam changed air filters, Jarod Pratt gassed the bike, and Elston Moore changed the oil. Mom and Steph took care of me and got me to take on some fluids and try to put down some food as well as keeping my head in the game when I became overwhelmed that all of my hard work was going to take me to the night session. A it turned out, we actually had two hours before the session started at 5:15, so the guys checked over the entire bike 16 times a piece and called it good. My tires still looked all right, the clutch and brakes were good, and everything was working better than it should after 80 miles of torture.

They decided that the top 20 riders would start the night racing. That’s a far cry from the 50 that were supposed to and that show’s the severity of the course and the elements. Just 18 of us lined up and Bernardo introduced each and every one of us to the crowd like we were superstars. As we all sat there facing each other he mentioned that this is “18 of the baddest offroad racers in the world” and it dawned on me that I was surrounded by 17 tough SOBs. Anyone that showed up for this race is a big stud in his part of the country and now there were just a small handful of us left.

I used my same line on the start and entered the trail in 10th this time. We went straight to “Texas Stadium” this time and the place was lit up like you cannot imagine. The spectators were so loud it was deafening and one by one we tried to bash our way up and over the rocks and out the other side. There was only really one line so we all just had to wait although Guy Cooper tried going up the center and he did eventually make it, but it had to take massive amounts of energy. I finally clawed my way to the top and then down the other side and into the darkness.

The dust was pretty bad and I struggled to get familiar with the course markings. Cole had overcome his early trouble and made the night show and we nodded to each other before the start and vowed to “team up” again. I looked back and saw him after six or eight miles, so I let him by and followed his lead. I bobbled somewhere out there and lost him but I heard he had brake trouble and I ended up getting around him. It was very lonely out there and the only time I would see anyone was at the “extreme” sections or when there was a major danger area and a course worker was getting us slowed down.

The trail was just as tough in reverse and many times worse. The dry conditions turned many of the hills into silty ruts that featured no traction. Many times I had to give a section a couple of tries before I could get through. “Joshua Tree” was run in the same direction and I got to the plateau where I could get help and they drug me to the top with the help of a human chain and some tie downs. I got through lap three in an hour and 50 minutes (it had been shortened by 10 miles since we had been punished so much early on), switched helmet lights and batteries, took on bike and body fuel, and headed back for the final segment of an un-real journey.

I got to the stadium section and Eric Rhoten (WORCS racer) was getting pushed to the top. I worked my way up the climb and fought to go forward. It was still as loud as ever as the spectators urged me on. After what seemed like several seconds, the workers finally jumped in and offered some help to get me to the top. I just kept riding smart and trying to keep momentum all through the course. Every time I got through a tough spot I knew that was the last time I would see that part of the course. Despite some severe leg cramps, I got drug over “Joshua Tree” one last time. Karl Harris (one of just three Missouri riders who made the trip) had suffered clutch trouble early on and found his way out there to see the show. He told me at the top to ride smart and keep after it and that Rhoten was just ahead.

On the next hillclimb, I was able to get by him but then I had trouble on the next hill and he got me back. As every mile passed, I knew I was closer to the end and that fueled me a little more. When I could see the big lights in the pit area from a couple of miles away, I stood up and began to realize what a big accomplishment finishing this race was going to be. But when I hit the grass track section and got within a couple of turns from the finish, that is when it became clear. It was soooo, loud from all of the cheers, people that I knew and many that I didn’t, and I realized they were all yelling for me as I crossed the line in 12th place.

I believe that everyone there realized how difficult it was to make one lap around the trail, much less make it to the end of the race, and their yelling was their congratulatory cheer. I stopped at the check and all of my crew surrounded me while media people stuck their cameras in my face and magazine guys interviewed me. Person after person told me how awesome it was that I had finished and how proud they were of me. It was one of the best feelings I have ever had as a racer.

There are so many more parts of the story that I cannot begin to tell them all, but for you non-motorcycle types out there, this might tell you how hard the race was. The ISDE (International Six Days Enduro) is a once a year six day event where the competitors ride 150-200 miles a day. Jeff Fredette has ridden that event 25 times. He has finished every single of them. At LMS, he made the night show and pulled out before the halfway point of lap three. That put it into perspective for me. Nothing against Jeff either. He is an absolute legend and one tough customer, but I’m telling you this race was tough.

At the riders meeting, all of the riders were given a white towel. It was the “surrender flag”. When you waved it, you gave up and were done. I didn’t go get one. I wasn’t quitting. I said that I would give the race my all and I did that. I appreciate every single thing that anyone did for me that anything to do with this race. It is an honor to have you as supporters, motivators, and friends. Thank you so much for helping me achieve this. It means more to me than you will ever know.

TOP 14: 1. Knight (KTM); 2. Kanney (YAMAHA); 3. Lafferty (KTM); 4. Williamson (YAMAHA); 5. Russell (KTM); 6. Garrahan (KTM); 7. Lewis (KTM); 8. Dudek (Hon); 9. Kamo (KTM); 10. Melik (YAMAHA); 11. Rhoten (Hon); 12. LEIVAN (YAMAHA); 13. Perret (Hus); 14. Kirkpatrick (KTM)

NEXT RACE: November 18-19; Endurocross; Las Vegas, NV

THANKS AGAIN FOR ALL OF YOUR SUPPORT!

SPONSOR LIST

ACERBIS - ANSWER – ARAI - CLARKE – DH RACING - DMC

DP BRAKES – DUNLOP – ENDURO ENGINEERING – EVS

FAST FORWARD – FLATLAND RACING – GPR – MONSTER

MOTION PRO – NGK – PROCLEAN – PRO-X – RACE TECH

RENTHAL – SCOTT – SILKOLENE – SPORT CYCLES

TSUBAKI – WHITE BROTHERS – WORKS CONNECTION

YAMAHA MOTOR CORPORATION – ZIP-TY RACING

and some more pictures

http://www.redbull-photofiles.com/Ph...3204-651472427

.(OBAMA) One Big Ass Mistake America
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 672 (permalink) Old 11-14-2005, 08:38 PM
Lifer

I read all about that months ago. If you have ever gone and wandered around up there then you know first hand how difficult it would have been. There are places that our 4 wheelers with winches couldn't have got out of. Sounds like these guys went through hell.

What sucks is that we were going to ride up there that weekend until we found out it was closed for the race.
post #3 of 672 (permalink) Old 11-17-2005, 11:30 AM
too many projects!

Location: you cant drink all day if you don't start in the morning
Sounds like I missed a good race!! Would like to have been there for that.

PHUKET
A coward dies a thousand deaths
A soldier dies but once.

post #4 of 672 (permalink) Old 11-18-2005, 11:55 AM
VTEC not VTECH

That's alot of reading...

-Viet

2000 CIVIC Si FBP Parting out (04/16/06)
1997 CIVIC DX hatch VMS B18c1 SOLD
1988 Mustang GT SOLD
2001 Kawasaki ZX6-R Lowered and Straped SOLD
1989 CR-X BY B16a SOLD
1999 CIVIC DX DAP hatch B18c1 STOLEN
post #5 of 672 (permalink) Old 11-30-2005, 05:25 PM
Lifer

Last Man Standing

TTT
Just set it up to record on Tivo so I dont forget.

Mopar63

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
post #6 of 672 (permalink) Old 11-30-2005, 05:42 PM
Full tilt boogie !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mopar63
TTT
Just set it up to record on Tivo so I dont forget.
when is it coming on? what channel?

**SKAGG NASTY** Just another 9 second street car.

post #7 of 672 (permalink) Old 12-01-2005, 06:52 AM Thread Starter
Merry HoHo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Txstang1
when is it coming on? what channel?
first link http://www.redbulllastmanstanding.com/

post #8 of 672 (permalink) Old 12-15-2005, 09:01 AM Thread Starter
Merry HoHo

well i brole leg/ankle a couple weeks ago

when i stepped off of a 7-8 foor dropped that end with my left leg taking all if the impact, i had surgery monday and tpday is the first i was able to out of my lazyboy with out somebody keeping my steady because of the drug that have my on. i count evleven screws.

https://www.dfwstangs.net/forums/atta...chmentid=56919

post #9 of 672 (permalink) Old 12-15-2005, 09:03 AM
African Booty Scratcher

dang

that looks like it hurt.

god bless.

You don't have to earn my respect, you have to earn my disrespect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean88gt View Post
Standing in a cell with tears running down your face and blood down your legs is no way to protest.
post #10 of 672 (permalink) Old 12-15-2005, 09:07 AM
Ted
Opulance. I has it.

Glad the drugs are working, I think.
post #11 of 672 (permalink) Old 12-15-2005, 09:12 AM
Punk Ass Newbie

Damn, that looks painful! Your typing says the drugs are at least fairly decent - LoL Hope the rest is all downhill for ya, breaking anything really sucks ass.
post #12 of 672 (permalink) Old 12-15-2005, 09:13 AM
Lifer

Damn Sneaky!!!!! Ouch! How many screws?
post #13 of 672 (permalink) Old 12-15-2005, 09:19 AM
How you doin'

ouch! what's the story? did you jump the dirt bike and bail in mid air or something? btw, did you sell the bike yet?

brad
post #14 of 672 (permalink) Old 12-15-2005, 09:21 AM Thread Starter
Merry HoHo

that is my normal typing

but know i have ab excuse

honestly it hurts more now then two weeks ago when it happendd,

post #15 of 672 (permalink) Old 12-15-2005, 09:24 AM Thread Starter
Merry HoHo

Quote:
Originally Posted by STANGGT40
ouch! what's the story? did you jump the dirt bike and bail in mid air or something? btw, did you sell the bike yet?

brad
http://www.tccra.org/forums/showthread.php?t=15477

nope, i still have the bike, i though it had a buy, i have not heard anything from him in almost two weeks.

post #16 of 672 (permalink) Old 12-15-2005, 09:31 AM
[x] original checkboxer

Exclamation

How many zip ties? I wish you a speedy recovery!
post #17 of 672 (permalink) Old 12-15-2005, 10:42 AM
Rolling with the homies

Damn Billy. Hope you heal up quickly. Take care and enjoy the time sitting around at home

2008 Lincoln MKZ
1995 Mustang GT Convertible
2002 F-150 SuperCrew

1995 Ford Taurus SHO
2003 Yamaha R6

post #18 of 672 (permalink) Old 12-15-2005, 12:17 PM
Lifer

We could have done that in the garage. Few drywall screws and a bottle of liquor.

Newbies, please watch THIS before posting.
www.Lewisvillefishing.net
post #19 of 672 (permalink) Old 12-15-2005, 12:55 PM
mannish boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaithis
We could have done that in the garage. Few drywall screws and a bottle of liquor.
might need two bottles of liquor for that one
post #20 of 672 (permalink) Old 12-15-2005, 12:58 PM
too many projects!

Location: you cant drink all day if you don't start in the morning
Shit, you got screwed.

PHUKET
A coward dies a thousand deaths
A soldier dies but once.
post #21 of 672 (permalink) Old 12-15-2005, 01:00 PM
DERP DERP DERP

That sucks, hope you get better soon, Billy.

post #22 of 672 (permalink) Old 12-15-2005, 04:08 PM
In the Batter's Box

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted
Glad the drugs are working, I think.
"sounds" to me like they are working quite well
post #23 of 672 (permalink) Old 12-15-2005, 05:35 PM
Foxbody King

should have stuck to your slow ass coupe and not a bike fool

2003 cobra DSG
post #24 of 672 (permalink) Old 12-15-2005, 06:13 PM
600 plus a few

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNEAKY
when i stepped off of a 7-8 foor dropped that end with my left leg taking all if the impact, i had surgery monday and tpday is the first i was able to out of my lazyboy with out somebody keeping my steady because of the drug that have my on. i count evleven screws.

https://www.dfwstangs.net/forums/atta...chmentid=56919
damn they have you on something good

Buy my car! https://www.dfwstangs.net/classifieds...product=124819

some people are like slinkies; they're completely useless, but still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.
post #25 of 672 (permalink) Old 12-15-2005, 09:55 PM
Ide fuck her in the ass..

dam billy, that looks painful...

WTB: At&T phone... pm me what ya got...

Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote
post #26 of 672 (permalink) Old 12-15-2005, 09:57 PM
Fear the lawn gnome

that sucks billy wish you a speedy recovery.

What you might call solitude is something i look forward to.
post #27 of 672 (permalink) Old 12-15-2005, 10:46 PM
Lifer

Well it could have been worse. Hope you get better soon.
post #28 of 672 (permalink) Old 12-17-2005, 01:55 PM Thread Starter
Merry HoHo

dr. said it may be three months before i get the brace thingy off of my foot/leg. my cast looks like it has a big tumor on it.

post #29 of 672 (permalink) Old 12-17-2005, 07:02 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNEAKY
dr. said it may be three months before i get the brace thingy off of my foot/leg. my cast looks like it has a big tumor on it.
[arnold]Its not a tooma'[/arnold]

Newbies, please watch THIS before posting.
www.Lewisvillefishing.net
post #30 of 672 (permalink) Old 12-17-2005, 08:00 PM
Old School

That sucks Billy! Hope you get back on your feet quick.

Trevor
White 93 Hatch with some stuff done to it. whistles innocently
post #31 of 672 (permalink) Old 12-17-2005, 11:42 PM Thread Starter
Merry HoHo

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRAXX
That sucks Billy! Hope you get back on your feet quick.
i am on one foot, does that count?

post #32 of 672 (permalink) Old 12-17-2005, 11:53 PM
Very Thankful!

I wonder if that's any worse than breaking the right femur?!?!

If I remember correctly I was told I only have a couple screws holding mine together..

I guess ya got me beat.

<~ Still limping around after 6 weeks too.. Goodluck with the healing process.
post #33 of 672 (permalink) Old 12-18-2005, 12:08 AM
Boneless

Quote:
Originally Posted by CobraChic
I wonder if that's any worse than breaking the right femur?!?!

If I remember correctly I was told I only have a couple screws holding mine together..

I guess ya got me beat.

<~ Still limping around after 6 weeks too.. Goodluck with the healing process.

You're younger and a little, er alot less weight. My youngest boy broke his femur at 1 year old. He healed really quickly though.

NEEDED:

Almost There.....
post #34 of 672 (permalink) Old 12-20-2005, 09:34 PM
Time Served

Damn dude. When I broke mine it looked worse than yours. You'll be up in no time. That plate looks like mine but on it's on the wrong bone.

Them pills are good for more than just a broke foot. I still have three or four bottles of Oxycodone.
post #35 of 672 (permalink) Old 02-23-2006, 06:13 PM
gear jammer

Which cruiser?

I'm gonna sell the 12 and get a cruiser for this year.I'm getting too old to do 190 anymore anyways
I have narrowed it to three choices.As you can see I like black. Which one between the HD Night Train, Victory 8-Ball, or Yamaha Midnight Warrior?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	har_night_train3.jpg
Views:	142
Size:	31.5 KB
ID:	60154   Click image for larger version

Name:	8-ball-header.jpg
Views:	160
Size:	32.2 KB
ID:	60155   Click image for larger version

Name:	06_ROADSTRWARRIOR_blk_1.jpg
Views:	162
Size:	16.1 KB
ID:	60156  

Live..ride..dream

1998 Suzuki TL1000
1983 HD FXSB
post #36 of 672 (permalink) Old 02-23-2006, 06:56 PM
Lifer

warrior.....
post #37 of 672 (permalink) Old 02-23-2006, 07:30 PM
Founding Member

h-d nt

93 Teal/Gray Cobra
post #38 of 672 (permalink) Old 02-23-2006, 07:36 PM
Pilgrim

I like the first one...
post #39 of 672 (permalink) Old 02-23-2006, 07:41 PM
African Booty Scratcher

i have also been consideringa warrior for the same reason. sold my tl1000r a while back.

god bless.

You don't have to earn my respect, you have to earn my disrespect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean88gt View Post
Standing in a cell with tears running down your face and blood down your legs is no way to protest.
post #40 of 672 (permalink) Old 02-23-2006, 07:43 PM
gear jammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ELVIS
i have also been consideringa warrior for the same reason. sold my tl1000r a while back.

god bless.
I've had a couple of TL's before.Love 'em.
The first bike is the Warrior and the only one they(being Yamaha) won't let me ride.I have demo'd both the Victory and HD at the dealers.
I tell you what...that 8-Ball has a nice flat torque curve

Live..ride..dream

1998 Suzuki TL1000
1983 HD FXSB
post #41 of 672 (permalink) Old 02-23-2006, 08:03 PM
Time Served

get a warrior you'll never want a hd after that, go check out rswarrior.com lots of mods and help. my brother in law and i both have one and they hadle great and out perform the hd and victory. we took a trip to mena,ak to ride the twisties there and the bikes were great.
post #42 of 672 (permalink) Old 02-23-2006, 10:44 PM
Long Live T.S.

get the Yammy ....that is awsome ..and then change the awful exaust

To me, clowns aren't funny. In fact, they're kind of scary. I've wondered where this started and I think it goes back to the time I went to the circus, and a clown killed my dad.
post #43 of 672 (permalink) Old 02-23-2006, 11:08 PM
Time Served

There is no comparison really. Get the Warrior... There is a ton of mods available plus you get alot more stock. You ought to check out www.rswarrior.com and see what everyone thinks of there's. I haven't found one person that didnt like theirs!
post #44 of 672 (permalink) Old 02-24-2006, 09:22 AM
Time Served

Kinda depends on what kind of riding you are gonna do. If you are still wanting a sporty feel I'd go with the Warrior. If it's a custom look at a good price, I'd jump all over the 8- Ball. I've been looking at those myself.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2005-...QQcmdZViewItem

Last edited by CLEDUS; 02-24-2006 at 10:01 AM.
post #45 of 672 (permalink) Old 02-24-2006, 11:39 AM
Banned

warrior
post #46 of 672 (permalink) Old 02-24-2006, 12:00 PM
Racist....that means you!

The Harley will hold its value. The warrior is pretty mean, though.
post #47 of 672 (permalink) Old 02-24-2006, 12:49 PM
Hired Hand

The Warrior is more of a drag bike than a cruiser. The riding position is more forward, but it depends on what you are looking for. I'd say definitely ride all 3 before making a choice.

Raven 2006 Yamaha R6S

"If it has horsepower or tits you're gonna have trouble with it eventually..."
post #48 of 672 (permalink) Old 02-24-2006, 12:52 PM
Lifer

I've ridden all 3. The 8 Ball was my favorite. With the Warrior being second. The Harley I pretty much hated. I really loved the look and really wanted one...until I rode it. It felt like crap.
post #49 of 672 (permalink) Old 02-24-2006, 12:59 PM
Time Served

the warrior is a power cruiser not a drag bike, hince the sportbike like suspension and braking, the warrior was designed to go against the vrod, vtx and mean streak, it was designed to have the power and handling to have fun in the twisties and straights. the hd would be a waste cause you will add tons of chrome and custom crap and still have the same hd that joe scmoe has, then when you sell it you only get what the bike itself is worth not the extra crap, the victory is a nice bike to ride but i still prefer the warrior.
post #50 of 672 (permalink) Old 02-24-2006, 04:13 PM
In the Batter's Box

the third pic
Sponsored Links
Advertisement