Yet another Road Trip idea! AMA Superbike race at Barber Motorsport Park? - DFWstangs Forums
View Poll Results: Which is a better all around bike
GSXR600 32 61.54%
R6 20 38.46%
Voters: 52. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 648 (permalink) Old 10-27-2004, 01:09 PM Thread Starter
Rolling with the homies
 
evil jose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2000
Location: Oak Cliff... that's my hood...
Posts: 43,271
Yet another Road Trip idea! AMA Superbike race at Barber Motorsport Park?

Anyone up for a Road Trip to Birmingham, Alabama April 22-24? They are having a Superbike Race there at Barber Motorsport Park and I'm thinking about going since it's a hell of a lot closer than Laguna Seca and I'm sure cheaper. I still want to make that race to but at least the Barber race I can ride my bike




2008 Lincoln MKZ
1995 Mustang GT Convertible
2002 F-150 SuperCrew


1995 Ford Taurus SHO
2003 Yamaha R6

evil jose is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 648 (permalink) Old 10-27-2004, 03:15 PM
Lifer
 
Shaithis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Corinth
Posts: 6,223
Got any links or info on it? Is this a trip we could ride there, and then ride track as well? Hey, i can dream can't i?

Newbies, please watch THIS before posting.
www.Lewisvillefishing.net
Shaithis is offline  
post #3 of 648 (permalink) Old 10-27-2004, 03:19 PM
Lifer
 
ThreeFingerPete's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Posts: 14,894
i doubt i'll have the money for that one.

if i do, i'll hope and pray that i've got my corbin by then.

ThreeFingerPete is offline  
 
post #4 of 648 (permalink) Old 10-27-2004, 03:35 PM Thread Starter
Rolling with the homies
 
evil jose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2000
Location: Oak Cliff... that's my hood...
Posts: 43,271
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaithis
Got any links or info on it? Is this a trip we could ride there, and then ride track as well? Hey, i can dream can't i?
I'll see what I can dig up. Just barely read about it and thought it would be interesting to attend. I liked the fact that it's close enough that we could ride to (with a chase truck of course ) to attend but unfortunately no riding on the track as it is a race event. Like I said, thought I would throw this out there as a fun trip we could do as a group. More info to come... later...

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneBadWagon
i doubt i'll have the money for that one.

if i do, i'll hope and pray that i've got my corbin by then.
Adam, were talking 5 months away....




2008 Lincoln MKZ
1995 Mustang GT Convertible
2002 F-150 SuperCrew


1995 Ford Taurus SHO
2003 Yamaha R6

evil jose is offline  
post #5 of 648 (permalink) Old 10-27-2004, 04:03 PM
Lifer
 
ThreeFingerPete's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Posts: 14,894
don't i still owe you some money? lol, i need to sell a couple organs or something, i'm a f'in brokeass.

ThreeFingerPete is offline  
post #6 of 648 (permalink) Old 10-27-2004, 04:44 PM Thread Starter
Rolling with the homies
 
evil jose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2000
Location: Oak Cliff... that's my hood...
Posts: 43,271
Quote:
Originally Posted by OneBadWagon
don't i still owe you some money? lol, i need to sell a couple organs or something, i'm a f'in brokeass.
Yup




2008 Lincoln MKZ
1995 Mustang GT Convertible
2002 F-150 SuperCrew


1995 Ford Taurus SHO
2003 Yamaha R6

evil jose is offline  
post #7 of 648 (permalink) Old 10-27-2004, 05:15 PM
That's what she said!
 
88hatch5_0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 3,896
That sounds kickass!!

88hatch5_0 is offline  
post #8 of 648 (permalink) Old 10-27-2004, 06:55 PM
Lifer
 
Shaithis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Corinth
Posts: 6,223
Quote:
Originally Posted by OneBadWagon
don't i still owe you some money? lol, i need to sell a couple organs or something, i'm a f'in brokeass.
I'll pay ya to mow my yard! lol i'm being serious too. that shit is getting thick.

Newbies, please watch THIS before posting.
www.Lewisvillefishing.net
Shaithis is offline  
post #9 of 648 (permalink) Old 10-28-2004, 04:59 AM
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 2,440
You know Im down, I will have my ride by then.

And the 24th is my 29th birthday.

Edit:
Come on ScottJ, lets saddle up with Jose and ride to Rooster Poot Alabama and chase some of them southern bells and watch some racin... Whatdya say?

You too DFWMinis, Staticx

Last edited by dan2600; 10-28-2004 at 07:37 AM.
dan2600 is offline  
post #10 of 648 (permalink) Old 10-28-2004, 09:15 AM
Long Live T.S.
 
DFWminis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: F U thieves!
Posts: 4,765
I am down..I was down for Cali..but no one else was! ....I looked up the info for you EJose


Tickets for all 2005 spectator events will go on sale January 1, 2005
Tickets: (800) 240-2300. Event info: (205) 298-9040.

AMA Superbike Championships- April 22-24

Barber Motorsports Park
6040 Barber Motorsports Parkway
Birmingham, Alabama 35094
205-298-9040

Total Est. Time: 10 hours, 49 minutes Total Est. Distance: 672.48 miles

That is from my house which is near 35w and 820

also I MIGHT! be able to get us in a fancy hotel...but I wont even bother looking in to that until I see some interest ...

To me, clowns aren't funny. In fact, they're kind of scary. I've wondered where this started and I think it goes back to the time I went to the circus, and a clown killed my dad.

Last edited by DFWminis; 10-28-2004 at 09:27 AM.
DFWminis is offline  
post #11 of 648 (permalink) Old 10-28-2004, 09:16 AM
African Booty Scratcher
 
ELVIS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Uranus
Posts: 13,150
whats the

distance?? mileage and time??

You don't have to earn my respect, you have to earn my disrespect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean88gt View Post
Standing in a cell with tears running down your face and blood down your legs is no way to protest.
ELVIS is offline  
post #12 of 648 (permalink) Old 10-28-2004, 09:25 AM Thread Starter
Rolling with the homies
 
evil jose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2000
Location: Oak Cliff... that's my hood...
Posts: 43,271
Quote:
Originally Posted by dan2600
You know Im down, I will have my ride by then.

And the 24th is my 29th birthday.

Edit:
Come on ScottJ, lets saddle up with Jose and ride to Rooster Poot Alabama and chase some of them southern bells and watch some racin... Whatdya say?

You too DFWMinis, Staticx
Get Scott to take some vacation and let's all go!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFWminis
I am down..I was down for Cali..but no one else was! ....
Unfortunately Montery is a little far for me to do in such short a time. If we were talking about 1.5 week I'd be down.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ELVIS
distance?? mileage and time??
Roughly 640 miles.




2008 Lincoln MKZ
1995 Mustang GT Convertible
2002 F-150 SuperCrew


1995 Ford Taurus SHO
2003 Yamaha R6

evil jose is offline  
post #13 of 648 (permalink) Old 10-28-2004, 09:28 AM
Long Live T.S.
 
DFWminis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: F U thieves!
Posts: 4,765
Quote:
Originally Posted by DFWminis
I am down..I was down for Cali..but no one else was! ....I looked up the info for you EJose


Tickets for all 2005 spectator events will go on sale January 1, 2005
Tickets: (800) 240-2300. Event info: (205) 298-9040.

AMA Superbike Championships- April 22-24

Barber Motorsports Park
6040 Barber Motorsports Parkway
Birmingham, Alabama 35094
205-298-9040

Total Est. Time: 10 hours, 49 minutes Total Est. Distance: 672.48 miles

That is from my house which is near 35w and 820



also I MIGHT! be able to get us in a fancy hotel...but I wont even bother looking in to that until I see some interest ...
here

To me, clowns aren't funny. In fact, they're kind of scary. I've wondered where this started and I think it goes back to the time I went to the circus, and a clown killed my dad.
DFWminis is offline  
post #14 of 648 (permalink) Old 10-28-2004, 11:43 AM Thread Starter
Rolling with the homies
 
evil jose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2000
Location: Oak Cliff... that's my hood...
Posts: 43,271
Here is the website for more info.

http://www.barbermotorsports.com/

Like posted earlier, tickets go on sale January 1 but no price info.

Some facts about the track.

2.3 miles long
45 wide
16 turns, most of which are flowing
80 of elevation change
4 levels of paved paddock
60 amp power available on mechanics wall
Restroom and shower facilities
Covered Tech area
Test and Tune and Event rental available
International Airport approximately 10 minutes
Facility is approximately 1 mile off Interstate 20
Barber Motorsports Museum located on Park property

There was also an article in a recent issue of Sport Rider magazine about the design of the track that was pretty interesting.




2008 Lincoln MKZ
1995 Mustang GT Convertible
2002 F-150 SuperCrew


1995 Ford Taurus SHO
2003 Yamaha R6

evil jose is offline  
post #15 of 648 (permalink) Old 11-18-2004, 01:15 PM Thread Starter
Rolling with the homies
 
evil jose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2000
Location: Oak Cliff... that's my hood...
Posts: 43,271
TTT, who is down!!!???




2008 Lincoln MKZ
1995 Mustang GT Convertible
2002 F-150 SuperCrew


1995 Ford Taurus SHO
2003 Yamaha R6

evil jose is offline  
post #16 of 648 (permalink) Old 11-18-2004, 01:45 PM
Lifer
 
Shaithis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Corinth
Posts: 6,223
hrmmm too soon to really say, but i'm about 85% down for the ride. That sounds like a blast.

Newbies, please watch THIS before posting.
www.Lewisvillefishing.net
Shaithis is offline  
post #17 of 648 (permalink) Old 11-18-2004, 01:49 PM Thread Starter
Rolling with the homies
 
evil jose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2000
Location: Oak Cliff... that's my hood...
Posts: 43,271
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaithis
hrmmm too soon to really say, but i'm about 85% down for the ride. That sounds like a blast.
That's one rider other than me!!!!

How's the RC-51 hunt going?




2008 Lincoln MKZ
1995 Mustang GT Convertible
2002 F-150 SuperCrew


1995 Ford Taurus SHO
2003 Yamaha R6

evil jose is offline  
post #18 of 648 (permalink) Old 11-18-2004, 02:07 PM
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Posts: 116
ride

A couple Tyler riders may be down for a trip!
HEAVY C is offline  
post #19 of 648 (permalink) Old 11-19-2004, 03:21 AM
Long Live T.S.
 
DFWminis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: F U thieves!
Posts: 4,765
I am no doubt down.....

To me, clowns aren't funny. In fact, they're kind of scary. I've wondered where this started and I think it goes back to the time I went to the circus, and a clown killed my dad.
DFWminis is offline  
post #20 of 648 (permalink) Old 11-22-2004, 05:33 PM
Lifer
 
Shaithis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Corinth
Posts: 6,223
Quote:
Originally Posted by evil jose
That's one rider other than me!!!!

How's the RC-51 hunt going?
Well after this weekend, being able to actually sit on one and get the feeling for it. should be this week.

Newbies, please watch THIS before posting.
www.Lewisvillefishing.net
Shaithis is offline  
post #21 of 648 (permalink) Old 11-26-2004, 10:11 AM Thread Starter
Rolling with the homies
 
evil jose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2000
Location: Oak Cliff... that's my hood...
Posts: 43,271
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaithis
Well after this weekend, being able to actually sit on one and get the feeling for it. should be this week.
Be sure and let us know how it goes




2008 Lincoln MKZ
1995 Mustang GT Convertible
2002 F-150 SuperCrew


1995 Ford Taurus SHO
2003 Yamaha R6

evil jose is offline  
post #22 of 648 (permalink) Old 11-29-2004, 01:24 AM
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 149
i'm definitely down for that.. prolly have to put the stock sprockets back on though, wouldnt be much fun to be rockin -1 +3 sprockets for 10 hours. haha.
tribaltalon is offline  
post #23 of 648 (permalink) Old 11-30-2004, 04:37 PM Thread Starter
Rolling with the homies
 
evil jose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2000
Location: Oak Cliff... that's my hood...
Posts: 43,271
Here is a map of the route.



Driving Distance: 642.7 miles Time: 1 day, 2 hours, 6 minutes

Time Distance Instruction
DAY 1
9:00 AM 0.0 1 Depart near New Hope on N Town East Blvd (West) for 0.2 mi
9:00 AM 0.2 Turn LEFT (South) onto Local road(s) for 21 yds
9:00 AM 0.2 Road name changes to I-635 S [Lyndon B Johnson Fwy] for 0.1 mi
9:01 AM 0.3 Take Ramp (LEFT) onto I-635 [Lyndon B Johnson Fwy] for 0.7 mi towards I-635
9:02 AM 1.1 At exit 6B, take Ramp (RIGHT) onto US-80 for 16.0 mi towards US-80 / Terrell
9:18 AM 17.1 Road name changes to SR-557 Spur for 3.7 mi towards TX-557-SPUR / I-20 E / Shreveport
9:22 AM 20.8 Turn off onto Ramp for 0.6 mi towards I-20
9:23 AM 21.5 Take Ramp (LEFT) onto I-20 for 483.5 mi towards I-20 / Shreveport
11:41 AM 158.1 Entering Louisiana
Resurfacing between Waverly and Tallulah (EB) (July 20, 2004 - November 30, 2004)
2:47 PM 347.5 Entering Mississippi
4:57 PM 502.1 Entering Alabama
5:00 PM 505.0 End of day
DAY 2
9:00 AM 505.0 Stay on I-20 [I-59] for 103.1 mi
10:35 AM 608.1 At exit 106, take Ramp (RIGHT) onto I-459 for 29.1 mi towards I-459 / Gadsden / Atlanta
11:00 AM 637.2 At exit 29, turn RIGHT onto Ramp for 0.2 mi towards I-20 / Birmingham / Atlanta
11:00 AM 637.4 Keep RIGHT to stay on Ramp for 0.2 mi towards I-20 / Atlanta
11:00 AM 637.6 Keep RIGHT to stay on Ramp for 54 yds
11:00 AM 637.6 2 At near Jefferson Park, stay on Ramp (East) for 0.3 mi towards I-20 / Atlanta
11:00 AM 637.9 Merge onto I-20 for 2.5 mi
11:03 AM 640.5 At exit 140, turn RIGHT onto Ramp for 0.1 mi towards US-78 / Leeds
11:03 AM 640.6 Take Ramp (RIGHT) onto US-78 [SR-4] for 0.3 mi towards US-78 / Leeds
11:04 AM 640.9 Turn RIGHT (South) onto Rex Lake Rd for 1.9 mi
11:06 AM 642.7 3 Arrive near Cahaba Hills




2008 Lincoln MKZ
1995 Mustang GT Convertible
2002 F-150 SuperCrew


1995 Ford Taurus SHO
2003 Yamaha R6

evil jose is offline  
post #24 of 648 (permalink) Old 12-02-2004, 01:45 PM
Punk Ass Newbie
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 11
*slap* Do you have a map to south africa? I want to see if my supra can drive on water. I figure if jesus (whoever that is) can do it, so can my holy supra.
Wh1te_Lightning is offline  
post #25 of 648 (permalink) Old 12-04-2004, 02:19 AM
Ultimate X-phoria
 
Hollywood's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Not now chief, i'm in the fuckin zone
Posts: 19,895
damn, 600 miles on a bike. Would be cool but i'm out for obvious reasons
Hollywood is offline  
post #26 of 648 (permalink) Old 12-04-2004, 02:25 AM
Recovering Lush
 
HookEm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Saginaw, TX
Posts: 10,011
Just as an FYI, you probablly want to stop in MEridian. There's nothing for some time after that..........certainly nothing where you hve day one ending.

Not that there's much in Meridian, but I spent 6 months there...it's serviceable, as far as soemwhere to crash for a nite.



Quote:
Originally Posted by evil jose
Here is a map of the route.



Driving Distance: 642.7 miles Time: 1 day, 2 hours, 6 minutes

Time Distance Instruction
DAY 1
9:00 AM 0.0 1 Depart near New Hope on N Town East Blvd (West) for 0.2 mi
9:00 AM 0.2 Turn LEFT (South) onto Local road(s) for 21 yds
9:00 AM 0.2 Road name changes to I-635 S [Lyndon B Johnson Fwy] for 0.1 mi
9:01 AM 0.3 Take Ramp (LEFT) onto I-635 [Lyndon B Johnson Fwy] for 0.7 mi towards I-635
9:02 AM 1.1 At exit 6B, take Ramp (RIGHT) onto US-80 for 16.0 mi towards US-80 / Terrell
9:18 AM 17.1 Road name changes to SR-557 Spur for 3.7 mi towards TX-557-SPUR / I-20 E / Shreveport
9:22 AM 20.8 Turn off onto Ramp for 0.6 mi towards I-20
9:23 AM 21.5 Take Ramp (LEFT) onto I-20 for 483.5 mi towards I-20 / Shreveport
11:41 AM 158.1 Entering Louisiana
Resurfacing between Waverly and Tallulah (EB) (July 20, 2004 - November 30, 2004)
2:47 PM 347.5 Entering Mississippi
4:57 PM 502.1 Entering Alabama
5:00 PM 505.0 End of day
DAY 2
9:00 AM 505.0 Stay on I-20 [I-59] for 103.1 mi
10:35 AM 608.1 At exit 106, take Ramp (RIGHT) onto I-459 for 29.1 mi towards I-459 / Gadsden / Atlanta
11:00 AM 637.2 At exit 29, turn RIGHT onto Ramp for 0.2 mi towards I-20 / Birmingham / Atlanta
11:00 AM 637.4 Keep RIGHT to stay on Ramp for 0.2 mi towards I-20 / Atlanta
11:00 AM 637.6 Keep RIGHT to stay on Ramp for 54 yds
11:00 AM 637.6 2 At near Jefferson Park, stay on Ramp (East) for 0.3 mi towards I-20 / Atlanta
11:00 AM 637.9 Merge onto I-20 for 2.5 mi
11:03 AM 640.5 At exit 140, turn RIGHT onto Ramp for 0.1 mi towards US-78 / Leeds
11:03 AM 640.6 Take Ramp (RIGHT) onto US-78 [SR-4] for 0.3 mi towards US-78 / Leeds
11:04 AM 640.9 Turn RIGHT (South) onto Rex Lake Rd for 1.9 mi
11:06 AM 642.7 3 Arrive near Cahaba Hills

color=#606060]
Quote:
"The Father-heart of God was... thrilled with me -- an immature, mess-making spiritual infant... My heavenly Father was enjoying me while I was yet in the process of maturing, not sighing in disgust and waiting impatiently until I grew up. He loved and longed for me; He felt proud and was excited over me while I was falling short."
Quote:
Mike Bickle

[



Sober By Grace Ministries: A Ministry of The James 2:26 Project
[size=1]Where New Beginnings Start
www.soberbygrace.org
HookEm is offline  
post #27 of 648 (permalink) Old 12-07-2004, 09:00 AM
African Booty Scratcher
 
ELVIS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Uranus
Posts: 13,150
i will roll.

may also be able to hook up free/discounted stays at la quintas. god bless.

You don't have to earn my respect, you have to earn my disrespect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean88gt View Post
Standing in a cell with tears running down your face and blood down your legs is no way to protest.
ELVIS is offline  
post #28 of 648 (permalink) Old 12-07-2004, 10:25 AM Thread Starter
Rolling with the homies
 
evil jose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2000
Location: Oak Cliff... that's my hood...
Posts: 43,271
Kick ass ELVIS! Appreciate the advice Hookem, that reminds me I should check gas stops along the way.




2008 Lincoln MKZ
1995 Mustang GT Convertible
2002 F-150 SuperCrew


1995 Ford Taurus SHO
2003 Yamaha R6

evil jose is offline  
post #29 of 648 (permalink) Old 12-07-2004, 10:33 AM
3rd shift sloucher
 
RiSk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: some where between texas and mexico
Posts: 1,612
just get the chase truck to carry a few 10 gallon tanks of gas just incase

: () { : | : & } ; : = <3
RiSk is offline  
post #30 of 648 (permalink) Old 12-07-2004, 02:37 PM Thread Starter
Rolling with the homies
 
evil jose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2000
Location: Oak Cliff... that's my hood...
Posts: 43,271
Quote:
Originally Posted by RiSk
just get the chase truck to carry a few 10 gallon tanks of gas just incase
True dat Pacerunner44 found a U-Haul that rents out a motorcycle trailer for $15 a day which isn't to bad. We will probably rent it out and use it to on the trip to make loading and unloading bikes easier. Just wish mine didn't ground out when loading it




2008 Lincoln MKZ
1995 Mustang GT Convertible
2002 F-150 SuperCrew


1995 Ford Taurus SHO
2003 Yamaha R6

evil jose is offline  
post #31 of 648 (permalink) Old 12-10-2004, 07:44 PM
Recovering Lush
 
HookEm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Saginaw, TX
Posts: 10,011
Quote:
Originally Posted by evil jose
Kick ass ELVIS! Appreciate the advice Hookem, that reminds me I should check gas stops along the way.
Gas stops are pretty regular until jackson. Keep in mind, at msot gas stops in MS, they have lil mini-casinoes, so you won't find long stretches without a gas stop. After jackson, it's a bit of a strech, because you're driving thru a national forest, so u want to gas up in Jackson, if you're questionable. MEridian is a Navy town, so it'll have anything you want...anything, a la boys town, south of the border.....

color=#606060]
Quote:
"The Father-heart of God was... thrilled with me -- an immature, mess-making spiritual infant... My heavenly Father was enjoying me while I was yet in the process of maturing, not sighing in disgust and waiting impatiently until I grew up. He loved and longed for me; He felt proud and was excited over me while I was falling short."
Quote:
Mike Bickle

[



Sober By Grace Ministries: A Ministry of The James 2:26 Project
[size=1]Where New Beginnings Start
www.soberbygrace.org
HookEm is offline  
post #32 of 648 (permalink) Old 01-03-2005, 12:17 AM
Banned
 
stephen4785's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: \
Posts: 6,645
ill go. I just got a bike and have been wanting to test it out. How much are the tickets for the race?
stephen4785 is offline  
post #33 of 648 (permalink) Old 01-04-2005, 07:24 AM Thread Starter
Rolling with the homies
 
evil jose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2000
Location: Oak Cliff... that's my hood...
Posts: 43,271
Quote:
Originally Posted by stephen4785
ill go. I just got a bike and have been wanting to test it out. How much are the tickets for the race?
I'll try to post more info soon.




2008 Lincoln MKZ
1995 Mustang GT Convertible
2002 F-150 SuperCrew


1995 Ford Taurus SHO
2003 Yamaha R6

evil jose is offline  
post #34 of 648 (permalink) Old 01-16-2005, 12:11 AM
Lifer
 
ThreeFingerPete's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Posts: 14,894
Santa didn't bring me a corbin, a leather jacket, or any of the other things i told myself i'd buy before spending money on stupid road trips.


but i was taught to resist everything except temptation, so i think i may join you goofy bastages.

ThreeFingerPete is offline  
post #35 of 648 (permalink) Old 01-16-2005, 11:17 AM Thread Starter
Rolling with the homies
 
evil jose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2000
Location: Oak Cliff... that's my hood...
Posts: 43,271
Quote:
Originally Posted by OneBadWagon
Santa didn't bring me a corbin, a leather jacket, or any of the other things i told myself i'd buy before spending money on stupid road trips.


but i was taught to resist everything except temptation, so i think i may join you goofy bastages.
I knew I could count on you




2008 Lincoln MKZ
1995 Mustang GT Convertible
2002 F-150 SuperCrew


1995 Ford Taurus SHO
2003 Yamaha R6

evil jose is offline  
post #36 of 648 (permalink) Old 01-16-2005, 12:06 PM
Lifer
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Bedford
Posts: 1,158
will see when it gets closer in time.....my buddy is buying my bike and I'm getting a new one so I'll want to ride it

Red and White 98R1...Look now cause in a second I'm gonna pass you

You can pass me now, sold the bike =(
staticX is offline  
post #37 of 648 (permalink) Old 01-17-2005, 11:46 AM Thread Starter
Rolling with the homies
 
evil jose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2000
Location: Oak Cliff... that's my hood...
Posts: 43,271
Quote:
Originally Posted by staticX
will see when it gets closer in time.....my buddy is buying my bike and I'm getting a new one so I'll want to ride it
Things are looking better for the trip




2008 Lincoln MKZ
1995 Mustang GT Convertible
2002 F-150 SuperCrew


1995 Ford Taurus SHO
2003 Yamaha R6

evil jose is offline  
post #38 of 648 (permalink) Old 02-21-2005, 02:03 PM
Up in Smoke
 
pacerunner44's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Rhome
Posts: 1,061
Are we talking about leaving out that Friday and returning on Sunday? I might be able to get someone to drive the Blazer and we can tow the trailer behind it. I'd like to go over my bike before a long trip like that so maybe we can work something out with Garage Mahal if there's enough bikes going?
pacerunner44 is offline  
post #39 of 648 (permalink) Old 02-21-2005, 02:59 PM Thread Starter
Rolling with the homies
 
evil jose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2000
Location: Oak Cliff... that's my hood...
Posts: 43,271
Quote:
Originally Posted by pacerunner44
Are we talking about leaving out that Friday and returning on Sunday? I might be able to get someone to drive the Blazer and we can tow the trailer behind it. I'd like to go over my bike before a long trip like that so maybe we can work something out with Garage Mahal if there's enough bikes going?
Well I'm taking the week off (Wednesday through Tuesday of the following week). I'll need to look up more info on the race schedule to figure out how soon we need to leave.




2008 Lincoln MKZ
1995 Mustang GT Convertible
2002 F-150 SuperCrew


1995 Ford Taurus SHO
2003 Yamaha R6

evil jose is offline  
post #40 of 648 (permalink) Old 02-21-2005, 03:01 PM
Up in Smoke
 
pacerunner44's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Rhome
Posts: 1,061
Let me know. I took off that Fri/Mon. I'd have to consider if I wanted to take more time then that. Sounds like a kick ass ride though.
pacerunner44 is offline  
post #41 of 648 (permalink) Old 02-21-2005, 04:51 PM Thread Starter
Rolling with the homies
 
evil jose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2000
Location: Oak Cliff... that's my hood...
Posts: 43,271
Quote:
Originally Posted by pacerunner44
Let me know. I took off that Fri/Mon. I'd have to consider if I wanted to take more time then that. Sounds like a kick ass ride though.
I'd like to hear more opinions on this. Do you guys want to do the 600+ miles in one day? I'd rather take a couple of days both ways (hell I'm making this a vacation!) but I can do it if we get an early enough start.




2008 Lincoln MKZ
1995 Mustang GT Convertible
2002 F-150 SuperCrew


1995 Ford Taurus SHO
2003 Yamaha R6

evil jose is offline  
post #42 of 648 (permalink) Old 02-22-2005, 10:52 AM Thread Starter
Rolling with the homies
 
evil jose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2000
Location: Oak Cliff... that's my hood...
Posts: 43,271
Here are some links to the Race Park and Museum. I definetly want to check out the museum and it's supposed to have one of the biggest collection of motorcycles in the country.

http://www.barbermotorsports.com/

http://www.barbermuseum.org/

And here is the link for ticket information.

https://www.southtix.com/ama-superbike-tickets.html




2008 Lincoln MKZ
1995 Mustang GT Convertible
2002 F-150 SuperCrew


1995 Ford Taurus SHO
2003 Yamaha R6

evil jose is offline  
post #43 of 648 (permalink) Old 03-09-2005, 04:46 PM
Lifer
 
Buick355's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: Fort Worth
Posts: 14,251
Thumbs up For the dirtbikers: cool video site...

clicky

This oughtta keep you entertained for a little while.
Buick355 is offline  
post #44 of 648 (permalink) Old 03-10-2005, 11:14 AM
too many projects!
 
TX21's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: you cant drink all day if you don't start in the morning
Posts: 5,196
Thumbs up

Nice link thanx!

PHUKET
A coward dies a thousand deaths
A soldier dies but once.
TX21 is offline  
post #45 of 648 (permalink) Old 03-10-2005, 11:38 AM
Lifer
 
busted90's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Little Elm
Posts: 1,923
sweet link, Brings back good memories.

96 Laser red GT
2002 Lincoln Navigator
91 rio red coupe SOLD
90 blue coupe SOLD
2001 F150 SOLD
2004 R6 - SOLD
www.2bones.com
busted90 is offline  
post #46 of 648 (permalink) Old 03-10-2005, 09:26 PM
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Posts: 201
lets go ride!!!
stroked355coupe is offline  
post #47 of 648 (permalink) Old 03-11-2005, 08:49 AM
Lifer
 
busted90's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Little Elm
Posts: 1,923
going to Village creek MX on Sunday.

96 Laser red GT
2002 Lincoln Navigator
91 rio red coupe SOLD
90 blue coupe SOLD
2001 F150 SOLD
2004 R6 - SOLD
www.2bones.com
busted90 is offline  
post #48 of 648 (permalink) Old 03-11-2005, 09:51 AM
Lifer
 
Buick355's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: Fort Worth
Posts: 14,251
I'm going to either the 360 trails or Rip Char in Weathorford Saturday.
Buick355 is offline  
post #49 of 648 (permalink) Old 03-11-2005, 09:56 AM
LTP
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 392
nice.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	weeeeeee.jpg
Views:	58
Size:	2.7 KB
ID:	29857  
LTP is offline  
post #50 of 648 (permalink) Old 03-11-2005, 10:59 AM
too many projects!
 
TX21's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: you cant drink all day if you don't start in the morning
Posts: 5,196
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buick355
I'm going to either the 360 trails or Rip Char in Weathorford Saturday.
You going with Keith? Let me know man, I'll hook up with ya'll.

PHUKET
A coward dies a thousand deaths
A soldier dies but once.
TX21 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Bookmarks

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the DFWstangs Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome