DFW Mustang Forums banner

Time Warner digital. I need to know how its installed

1K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  Mr Majestyk 
#1 ·
I will be switching over to digital cable soon and I want to know if they use the same physical cable or do they have to install new? Also, I am getting a new TV with an HD tuner. Is there any other separate box they give you or will I be able to just plug right into the TV?

#2 ·
New HD systems utilize these now

#4 ·
Well, crap. Is there much to it? Know where I could get a picture of it? I'm trying to figure out if I could mount it on the wall out of sight behind the TV. Its a 46" that I plan to mount over the fireplace. The only other component I plan to have around is the DVD player and cable modem. I know the modem will mount on the wall.

#5 ·
HDMI cables out of cable box and dvd player to your receiver. HDMI out from the receiver to the tv.

#6 ·
It's the same coax coming into your house that you hook to the cable box. The Time Warner cable boxes are large pieces of shit so doubtful you can mount it on the wall without it being seen. I think my HD DVR one from the is about 18"x12"x3".

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.