DFW Mustang Forums banner

Steve Carell leaving the Office

762 views 6 replies 7 participants last post by  That_Is_My_El_Camino 
#1 ·
After this season he's gone. The Office is gonna suck ass now. He was the cornerstone of that show.

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2010/06/29/steve-carell-saying-good-bye-office/

Steve Carell Saying Good-Bye to 'The Office'

Published June 29, 2010

| NYPost.com

THE OFFICE -- NBC Series -- "Performance Review" -- Pictured: Steve Carell as Michael Scott -- NBC Universal Photo: Justin Lubin FOR EDITORIAL USE ONLY -- DO NOT RE-SELL/DO NOT ARCHIVE

That's what he said.

Steve Carell confirmed that he will be leaving "The Office" after the 2010 season.

At the Sunday night premiere of his movie "Despicable Me," Carell told E! News that, "I just thought it was time for my character to go."

Carell signed on for seven seasons of the hit show and will not extend his contact when it expires in May.

While Michael Scott is retiring, Carell expects that "The Office" will be able to survive without America's favorite bumbling boss.

"It's just one part of that ensemble drifting off," Carell said. "They've incorporated so many new characters and so many new, great storylines that I have no doubt it'll continue as strong, if not stronger, than ever."

Carell has been nominated for a slew of awards for his work on the NBC series.

Increasingly, however, Carell has landed leading roles in movies, including "Little Miss Sunshine," "Get Smart" and "Date Night." He has more than 10 projects in the pipeline.

The success of "The Office" has also launched the feature film careers of John Krasinski and Jenna Fischer, who play fan favorites Jim and Pam.

For more Entertainment headlines to go NYPost.com.

See less See more
#4 ·
Leave it to Americans to take a brilliant concept and run that shit into the ground.

British 'Office' left everyone wanting more.
American version is just squeezing $ out.

#5 ·
Yeah, he announced it a few months back...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.