DFW Mustang Forums banner

Damm computer

557 views 12 replies 7 participants last post by  ceyko 
#1 ·
Ok I am currently using mozzila firefox and I keep getting an error message stating server not found for google... This all started when downloaded frostwire. To get music to my iPhone... And I have good Internet connection, cuz I go to the other computer and get great signal. So what can I do to fix this probly I have already ran spyware and malware and restarted the computer still the same thing. Someone please help me

#2 ·
Does it happen for bing as well?

#4 ·
#9 ·
To find your Hosts file, named "HOSTS":

Windows XP:

* Access folder C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\DRIVERS\ETC in Explorer.

Windows 2000:

* Access folder C:\WINNT\SYSTEM32\DRIVERS\ETC in Explorer.

Windows 95/98:

* Access folder C:\WINDOWS in Explorer.

Open file "HOSTS" in Notepad. Before making changes, do a "Save As" and save a backup of this file as "HOSTS.BAK". Then reopen the HOSTS file.

Now, delete all entries in this file except for the following and any other entries you are sure have legitimate uses:

127.0.0.1 localhost

Resave the file. - DO NOT "SAVE AS" - Just click "SAVE"

NOTES:

1) Some spyware may detect the hosts file has changed and resave a malware version. You should still download and use anti-spyware software to help remove the underlying threats.

2) Some anti-spyware software packages, such as Spybot Search and Destroy, may put entries in the host file to block access to known spyware sites. Entries may look like the following:

127.0.0.1 coolwwwsearch.com
127.0.0.1 coolwebsearch.com
127.0.0.1 cool-homepage.com

You should NOT remove these entries as they help protect your system! However, if you see entries like so:

???.???.???.??? ebay.com

Where ???.???.???.??? is some set of four numbers, you should probably REMOVE this entry as spyware is trying to redirect your access from ebay.com to another website.

#10 ·
#11 ·
Did you get it fixed?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.