DFW Mustang Forums banner

long arms vs short arms on the bench

4K views 59 replies 23 participants last post by  Blown03_GT 
#1 ·
is it easier for a short armed person to bench than someone like myself whom resembles a knuckle dragging gorilla? or is my workout partner just trying to not make me feel like a woman? thanks.

god bless.

#3 ·
You also have to consider the length of your upper arms in comparison to your forearms. Generally longer arms suck. Why do you think White Lightning can bench 500 lbs? It is because he has T rex arms and moves the bar about 3". :dance:

#5 ·
Why do you think White Lightning can bench 500 lbs? It is because he has T rex arms and moves the bar about 3". :dance:
funny thing Al. I had this conversation with Dave in the past and we measured arm length one night. His arms are almost as long as mine (arm pit to finger tip), but the distance from his chest to finger tips was greatly reduced.

#17 ·
Bench and squat, yes, being tall with long arms can be a positive when deadlifting, though. You have better leverage.

#36 ·
video is cool... me being 6'3 long everything...lol If I can get back to 275 at 10 reps on incline cuz i can care less about bench... I'll be happy. also get my body weight back to 225-230 Ill be happy too. i'm at 215 now

looks cool with that huge stack on the bar, ill give ya credit but.... pssht im 30 and can care less about being the strongest guy on the football team anymore like when I was 18-23. Just heavy weight more pressure on joints and as we get older we dont hold up as when we were all 18.

Oh and I thank god for making me 6'3 with long arms vs, 5 whatever with shorties...

#37 ·
I'm 6'3 too and i feel that benches are the hardest on me out of all my routines.

#39 ·
That is his twin....WONDERJEW POWERS....ACTIVATE!!

Form of....a ham sandwich

#47 · (Edited)
I love seeing people in the gym doing what I call sissy squats(not even breaking parallel)!
It sure does give me something to look and laugh at.
Call me an asshole if you will, but I damn sure let them know that I'm laughing at them too!
I can understand if its injury related, but 99.9% of the time, it’s just the pussyidus in them showing!

BTW: I'm about 6/3-6/4 and I pretty much go ass to ankles and only workout with 335lbs x 10 reps x 12 sets whenever I do legs on Sundays.
Doing this with no spotter sucks!!!
You either get it up or you pay dire consequences!

#48 ·
Or perhaps they have an old injury that limits them from going to parallel. You sure are judgemental, at least they are in there, and aren't skipping legs like the guys that just work their beach muscles. Rather than laughing, why not offer your "expertise"?

#51 ·
I looked at the title and thought "what the hell does it matter if you have long or short arms at the beach..?"

Must slow down:D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.