DFW Mustang Forums banner

Strikeforce

2K views 37 replies 11 participants last post by  JKD 
#1 ·
Watched Cyborg fight tonight, she is a steriod freak, built like a man, voice like a man, nice adams apple. Didn't know women had those. They not testing these days?

#4 ·
Diaz did win by KO but got knocked down too. Strikeforce is weak sauce compared to most of the folks in the UFC. It's very apparent when watching that most would not make it in the UFC but they are still entertaining to watch.

GSP would murder their Champ Diaz. It would be ugly.

#8 ·
Diaz didn't get knocked down, nothing hit him when he went to the ground. He was trying to clear his head and pull guard. Rewatch the slow motion replay, he didn't get hit when he went down.

Comparing any other organization to the UFC is an old tired arguement. The UFC is the monopoly right now, the major leagues if you will and all the rest are minor leagues.

But Diaz is on a tear right now and dominating with his boxing. Diaz is not in the UFC because of performance issues, but rather a personal issue between him and Joe Silva. There was an altercation between the two of them for some unknown reason.

Watched Cyborg fight tonight, she is a steriod freak, built like a man, voice like a man, nice adams apple. Didn't know women had those. They not testing these days?
Every athletic commission in every state tests AFTER each contest along with a physical evaluation. While I do agree it's hard to believe Cyborg is clean, her camp has figured out what to give her they dont test for, or know how far out to stop the dosage OR by some far fetched chance she's actually clean.

Well put.
Hendo is no joke. He is the first person to put it on Silva(in the ufc). He won that first round when they fought. He had Silva on his back working his wrestling/g&p.
Henderson is still greatly overrated. He hasn't evolved with the sport and is part of the old guard of MMA. They guy just has a good chin and some heavy hands, plus a possible future HOF member. Great all around fighter? Hardly.

#5 ·
This is what i've been saying. She must be a dude. Because she looks like a freak. And i think it was the fight before the cyborg fight. The dude was getting tore up forgot his name. Then knocked the guy out with one punch. Was insane.

#6 ·
Strikeforce has some serious talent..maybe not as many top 10 fighters as the UFC but yeah they have talent.

and name one person at 170 that wouldn't get destroyed by GSP? He's the top dog head and shoulders above EVERYONE in that division.

Henderson is in strikeforce, Diaz beat Gomi (overturned by decision due to Weed) who is the UFC's HUGE new signing at 170, did fairly well in UFC, never being finished there.

They have a nice collection of decent heavyweights in overeem, werdum, and Brett rodgers...not to mention this guy you may have heard of. Fedor.

Gegard Mousasi is a bad ass at 185/205, Henderson as I mentioned before, and Babalu who still can win against just about anyone when he's on.

Jake shields and Jacare (recent signing, but I don't expect you to know who he is...) are no slouches.

Are they as deep or talent heavy with the TOP guys in the world as the UFC (outside of Fedor)? No.

Now are they shitty and have no talent and are a complete something to be scoffed at org?
Fuck no. Just because their fighters haven't been built up by the UFC hype machine doesn't meant they aren't good.

#7 ·
Well put.
Hendo is no joke. He is the first person to put it on Silva(in the ufc). He won that first round when they fought. He had Silva on his back working his wrestling/g&p.

#15 ·
and what's the deal with Overeem? Was watching the Best of Pride and saw him fight Chuck in '06 was it? Then i saw a fight with him at the end of '09 and he looked liked a roided up monster. Is this why he hasn't come over to the states and fought in Strikeforce lately?

#20 ·
A lot of these smaller organizations have some talented fighters. Just becaus they're not in the ufc doesn't mean much.Honestly I think UFC buying other organizations has hurt the sport as they're begining to monopolize MMA. Giving less options for fighters and going more towards that boxing mentality of matching up fights.

#31 ·
I agree Lesner is very fast for his size but do you think he is fast/quick compared to a middleweight or light heavy? I think it could be an intriguing fight myself. Silva is head and shoulders above the folks in his class but that said he can be beaten as in previous fights.

I cannot stand Mir but admit he has great skills, his bulking up for Lesner may not be the best idea, with 30 more pounds will he slow down? He will need more cardio to carry it, either way 2010 will be one helluva year in the octagon.

Back to Silva, he has nothing to lose by losing to a heavyweight, it is the Heavyweight who has everything to lose. What would someone think of Mir or Lesner if he took them out.

#33 ·
IMO, yeah Lesnar can hang with Silva for speed. I wouldn't even say that Silva is all that fast, but rather very accurate and elusive. Lesnar's chin is VERY suspect, but no one has yet to capitalize on it. Being as accurate as Silva is, he has a very good chance of hitting Lesnar's button. But if Lesnar gets that huge grip on Silva, forget about it. No way will Silva be able to get out from under Lesnar and his gay GNP hammer fists.

What do you guys think of the UFC adding a lighter weight class? I wish they would add a class that allowed guys in the 135-145. I think it would be very interesting opening the door some new blood.
No need, that's why they have the WEC. The lightweights are what bring people to watch the WEC and get to see up and coming fighters the UFC has developing at other weight classes. It's their own "minor league" with the lightweights being used as the attraction. And it really works well for them.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.