DFW Mustang Forums banner

I think i just ruined my wifes iphone 3GS

2K views 19 replies 9 participants last post by  Osiris 
#1 ·
i was gonna JB it for her using purplera1n that i DL'd a while back but when it got into recovery mode, i dont think the purplrain worked. so now the phone is stuck on recovery mode. im gonna take it to att tomorrow. any suggestions?

#4 ·
that's not true. the "tethered jailbreak" is on the newer version of the itouch, not any version of the iphone. once you jailbreak the iphone with blackra1n, you don't need blackra1n anymore.

A+, if you run into a situation like this again, try holding the "home" and the "power" buttons at the same time until it restarts. a lot of times, that will clear out the "recovery mode" situation. are you running blackra1n or purplerain to jailbreak? honestly, i haven't even tried the purplerain jailbreak, but the blackra1n jailbreak is as simple as it gets...and it doesn't matter what version of itunes that you have, because the jailbreak doesn't use itunes. (blackra1n)

#3 ·
turns out we had old versions of iTunes. The phone is fully restored now but it took her WAY back........yeah, shes pissed. Scared the shit out of me. I thought i bricked it. FYI, i dont think purplerain works.

#11 ·
Try greensn0w, works well. Or p1nkd1rt.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.