DFW Mustang Forums banner

Entry car buffer

579 views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  ceyko 
#1 ·
Nick what would you recommend for an entry level car buffer? I've heard good things about Porter Cable and there are a lot of variable speed buffers on ebay. I want something to take scratches out here and there and maybe a run or two. Nothing fancy but something variable speed, and a nice starting pad kit?

#2 · (Edited)
Not sure if Nick missed this one...

The G110 is pretty good.

http://www.autodetailingsolutions.net/meguiars-g110-v2-da-polishers.html Of course they just upgraded the fucking thing and mine is less then a year old. Cocksuckers.

Prior to the upgrade I'd call the G110 and the PC very similar. I had leaned heavily towards the PC when I did not know about the G110. I chose the G110 due to a more modern design and customer service that is supposedly better. (I never had good luck with PC customer service with other PC tools I have. Great tools until something is wrong)

However, after using mine several times. I'd pony up for this guy...

http://www.autodetailingsolutions.net/xc3401vrg.html

...Why? Because it takes you all of about 3 cars done to realize you have to be a nimwit and not paying any attention to what you're doing or the dirt on your pads to screw up a car with these particular tools. (unlike the real powerful rotaries that the pros use) This tool will provide all the benefits of a DA, with more power then the others. This really pays off when doing paint corrections. You'll get it done with the other tools - just in the 115 degree heat - only doing one or two passes would be nice.

I'll defend the G110 though as well. It works fine for me. The new G110 V2, might have the extra ooomph. I'm about to find out, cause this pisses me off.

Edit: I know you asked Nick, but this should give you some info to start on until he gets a chance to answer ya.

#3 ·
I picked up a PC 7424XP for cheap. Do a lot of research before you buy. I wanted the G110 but no one had it in stock and I got the PC for $100.

Do some reading on Autopia's forums. Its dedicated to detailing cars.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.